Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

When the Boy Scouts ruled that they would begin accepting trans youth, Derick tweeted something to the effect of it being a sad day for him and his brother. Dan Dillard stopped working for them shortly after.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

To me, baby wearing and attachment parenting is keeping the baby close during the first year.

That picture of Jill with Sam on her back looks more like confinement. If Sammy needed attention, Jill could have given him the one to one attention and settled him down, then washed the dishes. Or she could have pulled a chair up (or rolling toy) next to the sink and let him help. Or Derick could have washed the dishes, or the dishes could have waited.

I still occasionally carried my kids in their toddler years, maybe up the stairs to bed, crossing the street or if they were tired at an event, but not in the house doing chores and not in a baby carrier. We would use a baby carrier, like the one Jill is using, on hikes, camping trips and maybe watching a parade or going to a fair, etc.

The only way I could see this happening, at my house anyway, is if we somehow recently discovered an old carrier and tried it out for fun. Neither Sam or Jill look like they're having fun.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

To me, baby wearing and attachment parenting is keeping the baby close during the first year.

That picture of Jill with Sam on her back looks more like confinement. If Sammy needed attention, Jill could have given him the one to one attention and settled him down, then washed the dishes. Or she could have pulled a chair up (or rolling toy) next to the sink and let him help. Or Derick could have washed the dishes, or the dishes could have waited.

I still occasionally carried my kids in their toddler years, maybe up the stairs to bed, crossing the street or if they were tired at an event, but not in the house doing chores and not in a baby carrier. We would use a baby carrier, like the one Jill is using, on hikes, camping trips and maybe watching a parade or going to a fair, etc.

The only way I could see this happening, at my house anyway, is if we somehow recently discovered an old carrier and tried it out for fun. Neither Sam or Jill look like they're having fun.

I agree with this 100%. I loved wearing my babies, but Sam is too heavy for this for around the house.  If she's doing this a lot, with that carrier, then she will one day pay with back problems. But I don't think she is. I think it's confinement, not nurturing. It beats the burrito thing they did to screaming Israel, though.

ETA: Dumbass Derdick thinks he's smarter than everybody, doesn't he?

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Why? He wanted to stir up comment, and - he stirred up comment. 

Not admirable, but not stupid.

IMHO, intentionally stirring up negative comments about one's family is stupid. YMMV

• Love 22
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Remember Mayim Bialik?  Amy Farrah Fowler on Big Bang?  She and now her ex husband were big into attachment parenting with their two sons, now, they are probably preteens. so much that they each slept with a child.  This went on a long time.  How does that sound normal?  Apparently it is a thing.  I don't see anything wrong with Sam being carried if both of them are happy with it.  I would guess at some point he will just be too big for her to do it, or he won't want it anymore before he is too big.  Some kids like more physical contact than others.  Mine were like that.  One liked to sit next to me and the other one couldn't get close enough.

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That's the first thing I thought of too but like you said, they don't seem to be having fun or laughing about it.   I'm going with restraining him. 

Jill's  back had to be killing her.  But maybe it was her way of getting more Lotion (i.e. massage) Time.  (😝 That made me skeevy just thinking about &typing that.)

Dillweed should have taken the boys out back to blow off some steam & let Joy take care of the kitchen (or whatever she was doing.)  

• Love 4

Well this again points to the fact that they simply have nothing interesting happening in their lives. Influencers often say that it's exhausting to do enough things to have new content. Jill and Derick don;t do anything. Derick goes to law school during the daytime and Jill takes care of the kids. Even within that narrow confine they don't do anything interesting. For instance I don;t like Lauren but I have to admit that her page is great if you're a fundie woman looking for fashionable fundie clothes and styles. She dresses really well. 

Derick's idea of getting lots of page hits is tagging #womanswork for ... Jill washing dishes. There's nothing interesting about the post. Jill is washing the dishes, something that happens in every household everywhere.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

There's nothing interesting about the post. Jill is washing the dishes, something that happens in every household everywhere.

Well it's slightly more exciting than watching the boys eat their lunch in bibs with sippy cups.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

This is the problem...every time they start to seem the tiniest bit sympathetic they do something dickish like this. What does this accomplish?

As for the carrier thingie... I didn’t have human children, but my last puppy was a holy terror and this would have come in handy. 🤔

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I didn’t have human children, but my last puppy was a holy terror and this would have come in handy. 🤔

Until he peed on you or started eating your hair or nipping your ears.

And I think Derick set the whole picture up so he could troll their readers.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Uh could it be a reference to the Kate Bush song?

Derick had a secular enough upbringing that it isn't out of the realm of possibility that he's listened to Kate Bush before. 

Also #womanswork isn't something fundies usually use as hashtag. If he wrote #sweetwifeworking or something then that's very fundie. If you look up the #womanswork hashtage on Instagram it's used as an empowering hashtag.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/womanswork/

Derick being a Kate Bush fan would please me no end. I love her! He could also be a Peter Gabriel fan. I love him too!

But I seriously doubt he is. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I highly doubt Derick has ever heard of Kate Bush.  For one, he's too young.  Also, she never really achieved as much success in the US as she did in the UK and Canada.  

When I hear her name I always think of Wuthering Heights.  That was all over the radio in Montreal when I was 16-17.  

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Surely their new house has a dishwasher.  Why is she washing dishes by hand? 

It looks like she's washing a plastic bowl and some pots & pans.  She probably can't or doesn't want to put them in the dishwasher.  I always wash certain things by hand to avoid damage.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

It looks like she's washing a plastic bowl and some pots & pans.  She probably can't or doesn't want to put them in the dishwasher.  I always wash certain things by hand to avoid damage.

Plus which they take up so much room that you can put seven or eight other things in the dishwasher for every oversize pot you wash by hand. And those plastic ones clean up really easily to boot.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Derick being a Kate Bush fan would please me no end. I love her! He could also be a Peter Gabriel fan. I love him too!

But I seriously doubt he is. 

Or a Maxwell fan, but I really doubt that one.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I highly doubt Derick has ever heard of Kate Bush.  For one, he's too young.  Also, she never really achieved as much success in the US as she did in the UK and Canada.  

When I hear her name I always think of Wuthering Heights.  That was all over the radio in Montreal when I was 16-17.  

I'm Derick's age and, like him, spent most of my life in Arkansas, and I know who Kate Bush is. I remember being in grad school and another student my age--who had spent her entire life in Missouri--included a clip from that music video in a presentation about the book Wuthering Heights. Everybody in the class knew who she was and thought it was funny.

So, I don't think she's really all that obscure to Americans in their late 20s/early 30s. I doubt Derick is a Kate Bush fan, but I don't find it unlikely he would at least recognize her name. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

When the Boy Scouts ruled that they would begin accepting trans youth, Derick tweeted something to the effect of it being a sad day for him and his brother. Dan Dillard stopped working for them shortly after.

Oh, I don’t think I heard about that. Derick is a dickhead.

On 2/8/2020 at 3:38 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Someone explain this to me, please.

She probably caught him trying to escape again.

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Yes, I have certain pots and pans I don't put in the dishwasher too. 

• Love 8

I hate dishwashers and never use them. I'm always paranoid about them. Idk why.

But Jill and Derick went to a megachurch sermon last night. Cross Church is a pretty big megachurch is Arkansas. I think this is actually good. Megachurches are Not My Thing at all but I have been to a few sermons there and they are more diverse and mainstream than anything the Duggars would go to. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, AussiesRule said:

I don't think this is attachment parenting. They have posted so many photos of Sam stuck in his stroller or off in the corner by himself that it would be strange if she was suddenly into attachment parenting.

I don't think it's attachment parenting either...but , I will say I was amazed while living in for a time in Denmark/Netherlands ...that the women leave babies outside in a pram..while eating or shopping...I was working helping cook dinner one night and one of the ladies there left the baby outside in the pram for hours (checking on her though)...apparently it is a cultural thing in certain areas...it made me a nervous wreck...lol

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

My husband insists to pre wash everything that goes in the dishwasher. 

I read that as "power wash" instead "pre wash"and pictured a kitchen with water dripping off of everything.  .

You all have my interest piqued. I have to go find the picture of Dillweed you are talking about even tho it won't be worth my time.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dimi1 said:

I don't think it's attachment parenting either...but , I will say I was amazed while living in for a time in Denmark/Netherlands ...that the women leave babies outside in a pram..while eating or shopping...I was working helping cook dinner one night and one of the ladies there left the baby outside in the pram for hours (checking on her though)...apparently it is a cultural thing in certain areas...it made me a nervous wreck...lol

Our younger son was born when we were stationed in Scotland, and it was the same there. Not for hours, but if you went shopping, the stores (butcher's greengrocer's baker's, etc) were mostly too small to accommodate prams, so they were left, with the babies, on the sidewalk. If the baby fussed, someone would likely stop and give it back it's pacifier or whatnot, and if it was a newborn, you might find a little money had been tossed in there as a gift. It was a charming way to be able to live.  I never had any qualms about it, but having been brought up in a rural part of England until I was about 10 (in 1969), it was still part of what I had seen when I was young.

I'll agree with the others who have said that this does not seem like attachment parenting in Jill's case, given that they show little attachment to the boys as a general rule. It was probably to keep Sam out from underfoot, or, as has been speculated, merely as a photo op for Dreck to play troll.

• Useful 4
  • Love 19

I doubt it's attachment parenting too. But since we're still talking about it, I wonder if Sam did something dangerous enough that even Jill and Derick are now worried about what he'd do unsupervised. Considering the amount of dangerous stuff they've photographed, it would have to be something even they couldn't ignore. 

Or Derick is just trolling us. 

• Love 11
On 2/10/2020 at 8:22 PM, Growsonwalls said:

I hate dishwashers and never use them. I'm always paranoid about them. Idk why.

But Jill and Derick went to a megachurch sermon last night. Cross Church is a pretty big megachurch is Arkansas. I think this is actually good. Megachurches are Not My Thing at all but I have been to a few sermons there and they are more diverse and mainstream than anything the Duggars would go to. 

I would die without my dishwasher. I need everything to be sanitized. The thought of eating off plates that have only been hand washed skeeves me out. 

I think it's good that they're branching out from the Gothard crap into a little more mainstream religion. 

• Love 18
19 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

This couple does not even seem capable of raising two humans without bodily danger.  I hope they leave animals for people that are going to be kind to them and have better sense.

I wouldn't trust them with a goldfish. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 14