Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I quit watching this show years ago. I refused to watch parents who disciplined their children according to Michael Pearl's instructions, which is nothing more than child abuse IMO. However, I came across reruns yesterday and watched for a couple of minutes after Dilly told her parents she was pregnant. Michelle can't act to save her life. That high-pitched voice she uses to try and sound excited and her eyes bugging out of her head made me want to gag. That woman is so fake it's unbelievable. And then there was JBoob making reference to Dilly's sex life, over and over again. He really is a pervert, isn't he? I just don't understand how people can think that this is a Godly family.

• Love 9

I don't see helping someone paint their toenails is "lame and feminine." The timing/location was odd, but I could easily believe none of the Duggars actually there cared very much. I'd have issue with it at my own wedding.

I don't personally want to think about underage children and what they do in the shower, including the Duggars. That's bothersome to me. I don't know what their exact rules are, and I'd be horrified to hear more details on TV. Lots of families either don't discuss or teach against masturbation, I suppose. It's never my business. I'm respectful and keep my nose completely out of it. As long as no one is being abused somehow, it's live and let live to me, in this regard. When I went to Catholic school, they taught against it. My family never talked about it. I think it's a private issue.

Edited by Betweenyouandme
  • Love 4

I do think the nail painting is part attention, but also part production driven. What are Jill and Derick going to do at Jessa's wedding? Nothing. That's the problem with the show - it's all hat and no cattle. We had this big run up to Jill's wedding, but now we are on to Jessa's and there simply isn't anything to watch regarding Jill and Derick until the baby episode. They aren't very interesting alone.

• Love 6

I thought it was rude to be doing it in a room where everyone was getting ready.  Nail polish smells.  My husband can't stand the smell and I have to do it in a room where he won't be for the next hour or so.  Jill knew she was going to a wedding and the color of the dress.  Any normal person would have their nails done in advance.  I think it was all for attention.  Look at me.  I'm so pregnant I can't reach my toes and my husband, DerrickDillard is doing it for me.

Completely agree, and a question. I've never been pregnant but it's been my experience that at four months women can still easily reach their own feet - unless maybe they're having multiples. Is this right? If so, little Jilly Muffin was totally grandstanding here. Oy, she becomes more Me-chelle every day.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 2

I can't believe people are getting riled up over tge stupid toe nail painting session, when there are seriously worse things to snark abt.

Derrick probably was helping his pregnant, ill wife out, and it's not inappropriate to have nails done at the church.

I agree w/GEML that this is normal for them, and the producer saw it & rushed a camera man over.

• Love 4

I'm with you Roamyn. I think it's nice that he helped her out and painted her toenails. As for everyone who thinks it's an attention grabbing ploy, this forum seems to be completely obsessed with her and willing to give her all of their attention. I mean, there's a birthday pool, name speculation, fan fiction about what Derrick's mom thinks, etc. etc. I think this forum is fascinating.

Personally speaking, I am way more concerned about their teaching creationism to their kids and trying to limit our reproductive freedom than I am about one woman and her home birth and her toenails.

• Love 5

She was pregnant not sick and over the morning sickness by her own admission.  I find it silly just because that isn't the kind of thing you leave to the last minute.  Makeup and hair you worry about the last hour or two before the wedding not painting toes.  It was probably stupid TLC staging.  I'll choose to blame them I think.  

• Love 12

hmmmm.....this from DWOP.  I won't believe it until it's confirmed by the Duggars.  I think I need the 12 Step Help program also.  It's sad that I'm stalking sites for news if Izzy Dilly has finally decided to enter the world.

Neighbor said...

JILL HAD HER BABY EARLY THIS MORNING! SHE HAD HIM AT THE STONY BROOK HOUSE AND THIER ARE CURRENTLY 7 CARS AT THEIR HOME.

Neighbor
    3/29/2015 9:44 AM

3/29/2015 9:46 AM
Neighbor said...

OK. Blue balloons, streamers everywhere and a big white van and camera people all around. :)

Neighbor

Oh and BTW, a big "it's a boy banner" across the garage door.

• Love 3

Because they're brainwashed by the Duggar facade. If people did their research, the Duggars would've been cancelled long ago. I wonder if TLC knows the truth.

Unless they really and truly are the dumbest people in the free world, I think TLC is 100% aware of the Duggars whole deal. They clearly show the "other side" from time to time - Boob & Me-chelle's little demonstration at miniature golf, for example. To me, it's not all that surprising that Boob behaved that way in public. Sadly, that's about his speed. He really is that much of a clueless, unaware 15-year old hillbilly. He's even proud of it. But the fact that the network aired it - THAT'S what was shocking to me. In thinking back and in seeing the endless reruns they broadcast, it slowly dawned on me that TLC has shown a lot that's questionable about the Duggars and their "way of life." They sometimes ask obviously-pointed questions in THs as well. Boob might not be aware of it, but I don't think they're necessarily invested in continuing to show the Duggars in their best light, to be the wonderful wholesome Christian family the leg-humpers believe they are. IMO, TLC will continue running this show as long as they get the minimum audience they need to make a profit, or until the Duggars have their own "Mama June and the pedophile" type moment, whatever that event might be for them.

• Love 4

hmmmm.....this from DWOP. I won't believe it until it's confirmed by the Duggars. I think I need the 12 Step Help program also. It's sad that I'm stalking sites for news if Izzy Dilly has finally decided to enter the world.

Neighbor said...

JILL HAD HER BABY EARLY THIS MORNING! SHE HAD HIM AT THE STONY BROOK HOUSE AND THIER ARE CURRENTLY 7 CARS AT THEIR HOME.

Neighbor

Neighbor said...

OK. Blue balloons, streamers everywhere and a big white van and camera people all around. :)

Neighbor

all I can imagine is little dilly popping out of Jill going "it's Rick James, bitch." and then he'd start doing immodest things and would defraud everyone in the room.

• Love 5

hmmmm.....this from DWOP.  I won't believe it until it's confirmed by the Duggars.  I think I need the 12 Step Help program also.  It's sad that I'm stalking sites for news if Izzy Dilly has finally decided to enter the world.

Neighbor said...

Neighbor

Neighbor said...

Neighbor

Wow on Palm Sunday too!

If it's true that Jill had the baby today, I really hope that it's not publicly announced until after Jessa and Ben's wedding episode airs on Tuesday night. Let them have their time, and then Jill and Derrick can have their announcement in the ending credits (assuming Jill feels up to it )

• Love 1

I think Jessa can stil counter with, oh yeah, I'm pregnant too! So it doesn't matter when Jill announces.

LOL at the Pistol Pete comment. I hope Jill can tech him enough to get into college. She probably can't/won't.

• Love 2

Damn NO picture or announcement yet by People Magazine. WTH? Yeah she'll wait til Tuesday then spill it then Jessa will announce the Binessa baby. I looked at a Jill and DerrickDillard FB page and Jill took a picture of Bin and Jessa while they visited but it was only a torso shot of them no belly. Can't spill it til Tue$day.

I was in Sams Club Bentonville today & saw someone that looked vaguely familiar. Then realized he looked like the slack jawed yokel, JD. But I doubt that it was him if the Blessed Arrival happened today.

• Love 1

I was in Sams Club Bentonville today & saw someone that looked vaguely familiar. Then realized he looked like the slack jawed yokel, JD. But I doubt that it was him if the Blessed Arrival happened today.

Maybe he was made a "runner" by Boob because the herd was at Jill's and she didn't have enough food for them all. We all know that when Boob is hungry he has to be fed baby or no baby.

• Love 8

JD is such a dud that I'll bet that he couldn't give two shits about babies. That's wimmen's stuff. He was probably at the WalMart to get himself some Easter candy to hide in the glove box for workday snacks. Some of those little Reese's eggs in the purdy Easter pastel foil wrappers. And he's NOT sharing with the Howlers.

• Love 10

JD is such a dud that I'll bet that he couldn't give two shits about babies. That's wimmen's stuff. He was probably at the WalMart to get himself some Easter candy to hide in the glove box for workday snacks. Some of those little Reese's eggs in the purdy Easter pastel foil wrappers. And he's NOT sharing with the Howlers.

I love babies but if my choices were visiting a newborn with JB, Michele and the howlers or going to Walmart for easter candy.... I'd be eating Reese's in the Walmart parking lot. 

• Love 16

Wonder when she gave birth in comparison to when 7 cars of people showed up. I'd imagine her sisters, Michelle, and Cathy were there anyway -- but it'd be nice if she gave birth last night say at 10 pm or midnight and it was too late for the Duggars to come over and so the horde arrived around 9 am. Not too long of a time but it'd probably be nice to have 8-10 hours where you could sit quietly with the new baby, maybe even nap for a few hours before your 18 siblings arrive being loud, wanting to hold the baby, and likely wanting to be fed.

I thought it was a sweet thing to do, a small intimacy between two married people. Maybe the color was meant to go with the dress and everyone was wearing it? Her shoes were open toed so she'd need to match. I like a man who's confident enough to support his wife in this little way and who doesn't care who knows it.

ITA. I honestly don't see the big deal. I think it's really cute when men do things like that for their wives.

• Love 2

I hope she did have the baby today.  Although, it's gotta suck with the show obligations.  Can you imagine NOT being able to announce your baby's birth when you wanted to?  And while I think Jessa and Ben's wedding is important, it's gotta be petty on Jessa's side to be pissed that Jill had her baby right before the wedding episode.  Unless Jilly Muffin asked to be induced specifically to steal her sister's thunder, it's not like she could help when she went into labor and birth. 

Muffy may well have had the Second Coming, but since People probably has to wait until at least tomorrow morning to formally announce, it's possible that derickdullard got hold of Muffy's IG account and made that post. Derick also posted an inane proposal picture at about the same time Jill's post went up. 

They may well had heard about this announcement from the "neighbor," and PR got to them in order to set up "I'm still pregnant!" damage control. Works whether she had Rick James, or is, in fact, still waiting.

• Love 3

She said that in an article a few days ago (around her actual due date). She said that she knew that first babies often came about 10 days late, and then named April 5th as her "new" due date. She didn't mention Easter; that's snarker spin. :D

• Love 1

Maybe the errand runners are making Jill's placenta shampoo, right not. $500/bottle, guaranteed to make you pregnant with a demigod of your own.

Lol on the shampoo.  I've got one up on the placenta shampoo.  

I had never heard of this until my husband told me about people doing this  - 20-30 years ago in Hawaii and I guess it still goes on.  I'm cool with what anyone wants to do - but definitely not my cup of tea.  I had just never heard of it and wonder if Jilly Muffin has.   I will not even say what it is.  You can google it if you so desire.  placentophagia

Reader beware. 

Edited by truthtalk2014

Well, if he did arrive today, he hit Palm Sunday, so he managed to come on a religious holy day.

And then we'll have to hear Jilly saying "...and I gave birth to him on Palm Sunday" every time she mentions his birth. Similar to MEchelle's "and I gave birth to every one of them." It will get old really fast.

Regarding the pop up ads, I get plenty for wedding bands & adoption & even had one recently for a midwife schooling program.

• Love 1

Lol on the shampoo.  I've got one up on the placenta shampoo.  

I had never heard of this until my husband told me about people doing this  - 20-30 years ago in Hawaii and I guess it still goes on.  I'm cool with what anyone wants to do - but definitely not my cup of tea.  I had just never heard of it and wonder if Jilly Muffin has.   I will not even say what it is.  You can google it if you so desire.  placentophagia

Reader beware.

So I teased Mrs QF all through her pregnancy about doing that (a blogger I follow actually dehydrated her placenta and had it turned into pills to take). So babyQF was born via c-section and was huge (over 9lbs) and our OB asked if we were ok with the placenta going to pathology to make sure he was just big and they didn't miss anything during the pregnancy like gestational diabetes. Poor mrs QF Is way doped up and she responded "it's ok, you can have it, I don't want to eat it."

Our normally chatty OB was speechless.

• Love 8

Truthtalk, it's popular now to dry them and put them in capsules for later consumption. It's quite healthy to eat. That's a little to hippy for Jill, though.

Unless it's Gothard approved.

I just got a pop up about how to start a successful wedding planning business. Big brother got me mixed up with Sierra.

• Love 1

And then we'll have to hear Jilly saying "...and I gave birth to him on Palm Sunday" every time she mentions his birth. Similar to MEchelle's "and I gave birth to every one of them." It will get old really fast.

"On the same day that Christ rode into Jerusalem, so our Blessed Wonder Dilly arrived in the world on Palm  Sunday!"

• Love 3

So I teased Mrs QF all through her pregnancy about doing that (a blogger I follow actually dehydrated her placenta and had it turned into pills to take). So babyQF was born via c-section and was huge (over 9lbs) and our OB asked if we were ok with the placenta going to pathology to make sure he was just big and they didn't miss anything during the pregnancy like gestational diabetes. Poor mrs QF Is way doped up and she responded "it's ok, you can have it, I don't want to eat it."

Our normally chatty OB was speechless.

Made me laugh!! PS - be sure you hang onto Mrs QF. Anyone who can be that doped-up but still alert enough to crack wise at the same time has GOT to be a lot of fun to be around...

I've never heard of placenta shampoo but people do bury their placentas in the yard. 

I wonder if they're going the cord-blood route? I hope so. I kinda doubt it, but you never know...