Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

From personal observation, Southern Baptists seem to be the most likely to be anti-alcohol. I've written here before about a local minister, whose family is in the restaurant business, didn't like it when his son opened his own restaurant that served alcohol. My fundie aunt would not pay for alcohol at her son's wedding rehearsal dinner in Louisiana where the bride was from. I thought that was funny since we were close to party central New Orleans. 

• Love 2

I am surprise we have not seen a making rice recipe from Jill. I noticed on the box of Minute Rice that they have suggested using soy sauce and orange juice instead of water. I also noticed they said to use Parmesan Cheese to mix in with the rice. I have used cheese in the past when I made rice. I also like using mushroom soup or a vegetable like corn or peas to mix in with the rice. I do remember Jill and Jana having problems trying to figure out who much rice to make for two people when they were making one of Deredick's favorite meals before he came home from work. I guess fractions were not taught by Michelle.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do remember Jill and Jana having problems trying to figure out who much rice to make for two people when they were making one of Deredick's favorite meals before he came home from work. I guess fractions were not taught by Michelle.

Or following directions, because it'll tell you right on the bag or the box recommended serving sizes for a normal.size family, including two people.

But I suppose it's just easier to make a whole bag or a whole box ... no measuring then!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, McManda said:

Or following directions, because it'll tell you right on the bag or the box recommended serving sizes for a normal.size family, including two people.

But I suppose it's just easier to make a whole bag or a whole box ... no measuring then!

Remember who we are talking about here. We would read the directions and figure it out with no problems, but Jill...well...

I think she's doing research & her next recipe will be a really complicated one that will just blow everyone away.   Microwave popcorn in a brown paper bag.  She's going to show us how to save $0.12 by making it this way instead of buying microwave popcorn.  Then she'll tell us the real secret on how to make it yay! topping it with a package of the dry yellow cheese out of a mac n cheese box from Aldi!  Gotta meet that daily salt quota. 

• Love 12
(edited)

New Jill recipe for rice. Buy store brand boil in bag rice. Make sure that the water is hot and has bubbles in the water. Put bag in water. Cook until the rice is very mushy and serve?

Edited by Rabbittron
  • Love 6

I'm shocked Sammy is a year old and no other blessing is in sight. I guess izzy was a year before Sammy was conceived, but they were in danger America around that time, dealing with bigger problems. I really, honestly do wonder if Jill had some sort of bad, family size limiting complication with this pregnancy, or at least was told to use EXTREME caution in the future. I could totally see her, in Arkansas with nothing to do, wanting to beat Jessa to #3. It would also be a way to garner some interest from the public that she desperately craves!

• Love 9

I was on the Counting On FB page today and noticed they switched the profile picture to Joe and Kendra. Jill and Jessa are rapidly becoming irrelevant. It wouldn't surprise me if one of them popped up pregnant soon just to stay in the mix. 

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I was on the Counting On FB page today and noticed they switched the profile picture to Joe and Kendra. Jill and Jessa are rapidly becoming irrelevant. It wouldn't surprise me if one of them popped up pregnant soon just to stay in the mix. 

I am really kind of surprised neither one of them is pregnant with #3 yet.  Once Baby Vuolo hatches that means no Duggar grandchildren will currently be gestating.  But who are we kidding.... it's likely we are just weeks away from the announcement of a Josiah/Lauren honeymoon baby.  

• Love 14
On 7/7/2018 at 12:30 PM, bigskygirl said:

My husband and I would get English Muffins, put them in the microwave with pizza sauce and cheese on top. I cannot remember how long we would leave the muffin slices inside the microwave to cook and melt the cheese. Talk about delish.

I still make them! I have a microwave/pizza oven that I can bake in. I might just cry when it breaks since Sears doesn't sell them anymore and I can't find a comparable product no matter how much Googling I do. I split the muffin right into the pan in the bottom drawer, add my toppings, and hit bake. I can choose a temp or just one of the preset pizza settings and I'm done. Depending on what I have, I've also used slices of garlic bread toast before. Those are really good too.

Honestly, I use it for everything and it's so rare I use my actual oven I sometimes have to stand there staring at it trying to remember how to even turn the damn thing on! I can bake anything that doesn't rise all that high and since I live alone, I really don't feel the need to bake. I can make a few cookies in the oven with the premade cookie dough and if I want anything else, I just buy a slice at the grocery store or bakery. I can even bake meat in there. Truly, I'm going to be a sad, sad woman when it breaks! It had awesome reviews when I got it, but my guess is most people weren't looking for a $300 microwave. It's been probably 8 years or so since I got it, so everyone cross their fingers it lasts a long, long time. 

IMG_0766.JPG.0c8a4b0ad266cd87d8e8d9b05886a94b.JPG

• Love 17

@Fostersmom, I'm still using the microwave that we bought over 30 years ago.  It's a JC Penney model.  Hopefully, yours will last a lot longer.

We're going to be remodeling our kitchen very soon, so we'll be getting an over-the-range model.  Our oldie will be relegated to the basement playroom.  

Sam is already a year?  I can't see Jill sticking with two kids, even after two emergency C-sections.  Hopefully, I'm wrong.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

@Fostersmom, I'm still using the microwave that we bought over 30 years ago.  It's a JC Penney model.  Hopefully, yours will last a lot longer.

We're going to be remodeling our kitchen very soon, so we'll be getting an over-the-range model.  Our oldie will be relegated to the basement playroom.  

Sam is already a year?  I can't see Jill sticking with two kids, even after two emergency C-sections.  Hopefully, I'm wrong.

The over the range microwaves are pricey and don't last long.  Our newly built home came with one and 18 years later, we're on our 3rd microwave.  $350, hard to install, so we had the 3rd one installed for yet more $$.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, louannems said:

The over the range microwaves are pricey and don't last long.  Our newly built home came with one and 18 years later, we're on our 3rd microwave.  $350, hard to install, so we had the 3rd one installed for yet more $$.

Ouch.  That's not good to hear.  I'm not one to replace old appliances until they're dead as a doornail.  Our last refrigerator had the main part of the handle broken off, and we used the very top part that wasn't broken, to open it.  It lasted another 2 years or so.

I never expect newly replaced appliances to last as long as the one being replaced did.  Everything new now seems to break sooner.  

We have a refrigerator in the playroom that dates from 1949.  Things used to be built to last.  Not any more.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

New Jill recipe for rice. Buy store brand boil in bag rice. Make sure that the water is hot and has bubbles in the water. Put bag in water. Cook until the rice is very mushy and serve?

Waaaay too complicated. 

6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

But, even if she gets pregnant, Jill and her headcaseship are not apart of Counting On. She has become permanently irrelevant, I think.

?? Hoping this remains the case!  

• Love 2
(edited)

I refuse to believe Jill was okay with Jessa having #2 before her.  She clearly loves getting engaged/married before Jessa despite their courtship starting after Jessa’s.

I wonder how much longer JB is gonna be okay with Dilly making no money and living off of him.

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Dunno whose house that is...but the floor is actually (gasp!) clean.

So 99% probability not a Duggar home.

Beyond the bathroom, it does look like Jill's mushroom shag carpet.  Maybe she quickly cleaned the bathroom floor for the picture!

2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Dullards can never pass up free food. What an example they're setting for Izzy. Yay!

I really can't fault them for this one.  It looks like Jilly and Izzy sat down and colored the paper for the spots, and maybe he even helped put them on the shirts. 

• Love 5
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Dullards can never pass up free food. What an example they're setting for Izzy. Yay!

Good God! Have these people no pride? My husband would never agree to wear that for a free sandwich. You know, I can kinda understand dressing the kids. They would think it's fun, but Jill and Derek, just...no.

I could see them going for lunch and dinner.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 15
30 minutes ago, zenme said:

Good God! Have these people no pride? My husband would never agree to wear that for a free sandwich. You know, I can kinda understand dressing the kids. They would think it's fun, but Jill and Derek, just...no.

I could see them going for lunch and dinner.

Right?! I could see doing something like that when you're a broke college student but as a married man who's pushing 30? Have some dignity, Derelict. 

• Love 19
(edited)
11 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

Ya know, since he was Pistol Pete and knows how to be a mascot, he should get a job as the CFA cow.  That way, he could relive his college days and get paid.

This is brilliant.  This is absolutely what he should be doing and on top of that, who knows how much free Chick-Fil-A he could bring home to the family?  Plus no one would know that it's actually Dreck under there so he wouldn't scare away the clientele.  And like CDP73 said, it's a LEGIT PAYING JOB.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

His "job" is probably making the spots for the shirts...and making the pirate costumes for the free donuts at Krispy Kreme.

The CFA promotion should only be for kids 12 and under.

Ya know, since he was Pistol Pete and knows how to be a mascot, he should get a job as the CFA cow.  That way, he could relive his college days and get paid.

I misread the last part of the sentence by thinking he could relive his college days and get laid. If you need me, I will be in the Prayer Closet. I hope someone have the air conditioners running because it is hot outside.

1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

ODG ~ Jilly has a t-shirt on under her t-shirt!

That’s cuz the grifty cow(see what I did there) put the shirt on just for the free sandwich. She probably changed in the car.  

At least they’re spending family time together. Even ol’ Sam is in the act with spots on the car seat. No way Michelle would do something like that with her kids.  

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

That’s cuz the grifty cow(see what I did there) put the shirt on just for the free sandwich. She probably changed in the car.  

You know they ate in the CAR. It's a Dullard tradition!

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sign.  The usual.  How many free chik-fil-a, free donuts, free sundae pics do we need to see of this family?!

• Love 14

I don't have a problem with them all dressing as cows for free food since they eat there frequently. It's a fun thing to do with Israel, kind of like parents who dress-up when they take their kids trick or treating. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Right?! I could see doing something like that when you're a broke college student but as a married man who's pushing 30? Have some dignity, Derelict. 

Didn’t think I ever see dignity and Derelict used in the same sentence.?

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I don't have a problem with them all dressing as cows for free food since they eat there frequently. It's a fun thing to do with Israel, kind of like parents who dress-up when they take their kids trick or treating. 

The difference here is that the adults also get free food. I agree with whomever said that this promotion should be for kids only.

• Love 9

I had a coworker that shared my birth date, although he was a couple of years older.  Denny's in my locale is (or was) known for their free meal on one's birthday.  Since we worked swing shift, he would go for breakfast before work, and dinner after work, at two different Denny's.

I made Mr. Xword promise that when we went out on my birthday, he would never tell the waitperson.  Some places sing happy birthday, clap, and all that attention-getting hoopla, and I would be mortified.  

I guess I don't have any grifter genes in my pool, and I'm glad.

• Love 16

I never mention it either. However, one time out server must have overheard our conversation and offered me a comped dessert. I was stuffed, so I turned it down. I have a massive sweet tooth, so that gives y'all an idea about how stuffed I was from the previous courses. ?

• Love 6