Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

In the picture with Derrick and Jill in the background (on the leather sofa) Jill looks as though she’s mentally challenged...

Actually, so does Derrick.

She looks like an escapee from the looney bin.

• Love 16

I just watched another Nate and Jeremiah show where they redid a room at Covenant House.  turns out Jeremiah was homeless about 10 years ago.  They were respectful and got donations of course, and went with the staff and volunteers to hand out blankets, food, bags, etc. to homeless youth.  No tracts were handed out that they talked about.  And talked about how they were moved by the experience.  I think Derick and Jill should be forced to watch this show.   I know, it won't do any good.  

• Love 23
8 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Derick's legs look like a skeleton's legs.

Counting On 2.png

Jill has her patented blow up doll face on, Derilick looks like a serial killer.  I can see Jill's bare feet and the thought of having bare feet on that carpet just makes me cringe.  Izzy looks like he's going to lick Jill's feet which is disturbing.  Plus Sammy looks like he's wearing the same shirt as yesterday when he brought Jill lotion for her legs, unless they have a ton of blue cross church shirts for the boys.  I also think skeleton's have bigger legs

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

In the picture with Derrick and Jill in the background (on the leather sofa) Jill looks as though she’s mentally challenged...

Actually, so does Derrick.

I think he looks demonic.

• Love 9

Ugh, wifey?  

Also my dyslexic brain, plus a ton of years around medicine and women health, reads Cathy's twitter handle - cldilla - as chlamydia - I think I read it as cle, dia and just my brain makes the connection.  Off to the prayer closet with a lot of booze.   

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don't think any of these morons realize that "wifey" doesn't really have the most positive connotation.

I see "wifey" and automatically think of Judy Blume's book.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Ugh, wifey?  

Also my dyslexic brain, plus a ton of years around medicine and women health, reads Cathy's twitter handle - cldilla - as chlamydia - I think I read it as cle, dia and just my brain makes the connection.  Off to the prayer closet with a lot of booze.   

Not just me, then. ?

• Love 10
3 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Jill has her patented blow up doll face on, Derilick looks like a serial killer.  

Seriously, HYSTERICAL!!! Can we make this a new thread title somehow? I will be laughing about this for days..

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Ugh, wifey?  

Cldilla is most likely her logon from her Walmart days: first initial, second initial, first five letters of surname. Mine was iaheath. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, scriggle said:

I see "wifey" and automatically think of Judy Blume's book.

Yep. And then I automatically think of the book we passed around in the middle school lunchroom that would fall open to the sex scenes. That was "Forever," though, not "Wifey." Definitely not Duggar-approved--the book, the public school, or the friends.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don't think any of these morons realize that "wifey" doesn't really have the most positive connotation.

Screenshot_20180513-180931.thumb.jpg.ea932af1d02c1df7ee9769ce972805c3.jpg

I agree that that word is super condescending, I makes Jill seem like a joke. Guys usually refer to a women as  being 'wifey material' when they are doing typical womens work. Also, it's mainly used towards women who aren't married as a way to make them feel special because they guy doesn't have any intention of marrying her. Almost everywhere I've heard the word mentioned it had a negative connotation but these numnuts are proud of wearing their 'Wifey' shirts because it makes them feel speshul.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder what this is about.....

(his brother is dating Mandie Query)

What a strange tweet. I did a little sleuthing and his brother is a Drama teacher at a Christian school and this guy, Daniel, works as a clerk at a medical office.

• Love 2

You'll have to read about Jill Rodriguez in the Sweet Fellowship thread where a video she posted was a hot topic. Briefly, she believes the old story about scientists drilling a hole to hell and hearing the sounds of the damned through a microphone ... which when reeled up had a tiny demon clinging to it.

I'm not joking. 

• Love 14
18 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Yep. And then I automatically think of the book we passed around in the middle school lunchroom that would fall open to the sex scenes. That was "Forever," though, not "Wifey." Definitely not Duggar-approved--the book, the public school, or the friends.

I remember that going around in 8th grade (Catholic school at that!)! Hot stuff. I re-read it several years later and at that point it seemed tame. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think it is sad that Derick puts more effort into his offensive tweets and social media rants than he did into wishing his wife a Happy Mother’s Day. That post reminds me of when I have to buy a card for someone I don’t really like and want the card to be as short and generic as possible. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 13
(edited)

I wonder what Derelict's big news for this fall is? Maybe he's going to join Jeremy with the Divinity degree. Or not. Dude already wasted 12 grand on this past year. With no teevee $$$$, no more school unless he takes out a dreaded student loan. ?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:34 AM, ginger90 said:

Happy Mother’s Day!

May 13, 2018 | Family Blog

Happy Mother’s Day to our mothers and all the moms out there!

Derick and I are both so blessed to have such amazing moms. They are so encouraging, loving, caring and inspiring. As I learn from their examples, I see so many things I need to work on and want to implement into my own parenting. Thank you ladies for being such great role models for me!

August of 2013, Derick was on a trip from Nepal (where he was working for a couple years) to Japan, when we started texting for the first time. A few days later we “met” over a Skype call, and three days later as Derick was climbing Mt. Fuji, I arranged to meet up with his mom for the first time at a Dixie Cafe in Rogers (pretty close to where I lived). And that was the beginning of our friendship!

Even though Derick and I hadn’t even met in person yet, I had the privilege of getting to know his mom and hang out with her a lot. I’d go over to their house for dinner, stop in late after delivering a baby, visit their Sunday school and church, invite her over to my family’s house, and she even took me for a drive in Derick’s car to get a milkshake! lol  I knew that if mine and Derick’s relationship continued to marriage, God would be answering yet another prayer of mine…that I’d have great in-laws!

“Mima,” as our boys call my mother-in-law now, is a constant blessing! Her joy in Jesus and outlook on life exemplifies the phrase, “When life throws you lemons, make lemonade!” We can always count on her for an encouraging word, advice, babysitting help, prayers, and much more! We realize how truly blessed we are!

Now that I’m a mom myself, I realize just how rewarding, yet hard parenting can be. I tell people all the time that I don’t know how my mom did it! She really is amazing! I have learned so much from her example and I’m always looking for ways to glean more wisdom! Recently, I had the opportunity to attend a Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) group that she was speaking to…I had tagged along to several of these kind of things as a kid, but now that I’m in the “MOPS” stage of life, my perspective is totally different!

My momma taught me the importance of instilling scripture into the hearts and minds of your young children. I recently started teaching Israel some Bible verses and I was amazed at how quickly he picked up on them! Even when I was looking at homeschooling curriculum (yes, Israel just turned three but I’m just excited!), I was reminded of all the fun things my mom did with us kids to help make learning fun! It seems like no matter what I’m doing (cooking, gardening, singing, organizing, etc.), I am reminded in some way of my mom!

The greatest things I see in my mom’s life are grace, love & patience. She lives gracefully and is quick to offer grace whenever it’s needed. She is so patient with people and situations, even though things around her aren’t always perfect. She is always there for us and loves her husband and children unconditionally. And most importantly, I learn from her that to be a Christian mom (someone who has asked Jesus to forgive their sin, and asked him to take control of their life and become their “boss”) doesn’t mean you’ve got it all figured out, but just that you have a relationship with, and daily communicate with the one who does have it all figured out, Jesus Christ! My mom teaches me so much about this!

Who are the special Mothers in your life and what do they mean to you?

Here is a list my mom shared with me of, “16 Things To Pray For Your Children.” I posted this on some of my social media accounts recently, but thought I’d share it here too in case anyone missed it. I believe a preacher by the name of Tom Harmon came up with this list.

“16 Things To Pray For Your Children”

Their salvation.

Their mate.

That they would fall in love with God’s Word.

That God would keep them from evil.

That they would have a conscience void of offense before God and man.

That their character would be more valuable to them than their credentials.

That they would stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone.

That they would be kept from the love of money.

That they would be kept morally pure.

That they would have the heart of a servant.

That eternity would burn in their hearts.

That sin would always be distasteful to them and that they would be broken easily over sin.

That they would love each other.

That they would trust God with their parents and not allow rebellion to set in.

Regardless the hardship, that they may never become bitter against God.

That our boys would be glad to be boys and our girls glad to be girls.

I guess Jill is trying to convince all of us she has a great relationship with Deredick's mom.

They would be kept from the love and money and be kept morally pure. *snort* *right* *rolling eyes*

I guess sin of molesting his sisters would be distasteful to Josh and he was broken easily over sin that he kept doing it more than once.

22 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I think they might. I think that they may be using "wifey" to show that they're hip and in on the joke, and embrace it.

The other option that I see is that Derick is a passive-aggressive asshat who is intentionally insulting his wife to her face while pretending that it is a "pet" name.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder how Deredick and Jillykins are taking Jeremy's big news about him going to school. I bet Deredick is getting close to throwing a fit over it.

My thoughts also.

Derick is jealous and so is Wifey. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that they may be using "wifey" to show that they're hip and in on the joke, and embrace it.

Except the wifey entry on urban dictionary is nothing but positive connotations (okay, well, outside the idea that there's more than one woman in question and the questionable language), so maybe they're trying to be hip and there isn't any joke (except them trying to be hip).

For what it's worth, I've not heard wifey in any kind of negative connotation. I just think the term is stupid.

0702AC84-AC30-4BC0-8010-4B02DD0C73D4.jpeg

• Love 6

Sure, but that's exactly what Derick wants - a stay a home, stay out of the way, homemaking wife. 

It's positive insomuch as  as mysognist ad it may be it's not like he's sugarcoating the idea that she's his side piece, or a golddigger, or of ill repute or something.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, McManda said:

Sure, but that's exactly what Derick wants - a stay a home, stay out of the way, homemaking wife. 

It's positive insomuch as  as mysognist ad it may be it's not like he's sugarcoating the idea that she's his side piece, or a golddigger, or of ill repute or something.

You could be right -- God only know what goes on in Derick's head -- but I think he's using it more like "little woman." They know that that sort of term comes across as condescending and not "politically correct" and are fine with that. I think that the way they are using it is to show that they embrace old-fashioned terms, and old-fashioned gender-roles, and are happy to do so.

• Love 9