Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

This afternoon while we were running errands my husband and I were waiting in line at this one place. Two people in front of us were discussing God, religion and going to church. The lady brought up the fact her kids were home schooled because public schools were terrible. The guy said the reason why public schools were so bad was the fact God has been taken out of the schools since the 1960's. He also talked about the church he goes to, and the fact he the church had to build a gymnasium was the fact the church had to pay money to go out of town for sport and other related activities because local places with gymnasiums did not want Christians to use their places. The man and woman said people did not want to say God in front of others because they were afraid people would look down on them. I admit I was rolling my eyes a little and was tempted on asking them if they heard of the Duggars, but I kept my mouth shut. I also thought about Deredick while I was listening to them because this is something he would have said in discussion with the same people. I also bet dollars to donuts the church the guy attends did not want to fork out money to use the gymnasiums. Maybe I should have told him to on social media and ask for donations like Deredick and Cling Queen Jill have been doing in order to get money for the new gymnasium for his church.

So back in the dark ages, I was sentenced to a private Catholic school for grades 1-8.  We had, at that time, a boy's and a girl's basketball team.  We didn't get our own gym built until the start of my last year, so for late fall/winter/early spring practices we arranged with the local, public high school to use their basketball gym 2x a week - once for boys and once for girls.  We were asked to pay a small fee - not because we were Catholic, but because we would be using utilities like lights and heat, etc, but also because the county decided to add an extra insurance rider? to their insurance for us to use it - since several of the students came from 2 of the neighboring counties, the school board felt this was safer.  Which was good because I remember at least one broken arm there - not me.  I'm guessing this is what the guy was in a huff about - that the schools they asked to use their gym facilities either wanted money for utilities or to cover insurance - not because they were Christian.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

So back in the dark ages, I was sentenced to a private Catholic school for grades 1-8.  We had, at that time, a boy's and a girl's basketball team.  We didn't get our own gym built until the start of my last year, so for late fall/winter/early spring practices we arranged with the local, public high school to use their basketball gym 2x a week - once for boys and once for girls.  We were asked to pay a small fee - not because we were Catholic, but because we would be using utilities like lights and heat, etc, but also because the county decided to add an extra insurance rider? to their insurance for us to use it - since several of the students came from 2 of the neighboring counties, the school board felt this was safer.  Which was good because I remember at least one broken arm there - not me.  I'm guessing this is what the guy was in a huff about - that the schools they asked to use their gym facilities either wanted money for utilities or to cover insurance - not because they were Christian.

The majority of people completely get what you are saying, but certain Christians like this guy and the Duggars and Deredick say the mean evil heathens are picking on them by not letting  them use their gymnasium for free because it is the right and fair thing to do. Who cares about insurance in case  someone getting hurt or help pay for utilities. For people like the Dullards, Duggars, or the one guy, it is easier to hide under we are being picked on because we are Christians instead of admitting they want something for nothing. Not saying all Christians are like, but there will always be someone hiding behind their religious beliefs when they feel they are being picked on by others.

I DVR'ed The View as I had an appointment.  Now that Dillweed has been outed on National TV for the hateful bastard that he is, what's next?

I love Whoopi especially.  I'm not a regular viewer, but good for The View for calling out this asshole.  Ha!  It would be fun to be a fly on the wall at the TTH and watch Boob's head explode, even though Boob is probably in total agreement with his dumbfuck SIL.  LOL

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I DVR'ed The View as I had an appointment.  Now that Dillweed has been outed on National TV for the hateful bastard that he is, what's next?

I love Whoopi especially.  I'm not a regular viewer, but good for The View for calling out this asshole.  Ha!  It would be fun to be a fly on the wall at the TTH and watch Boob's head explode, even though Boob is probably in total agreement with his dumbfuck SIL.  LOL

Would JB even watch The View because *gasp* four women are talking about things instead of four men discussing topics? He probably would have a heart attack just seeing four women talk about current events without a man around to correct them. He probably is more concern about the damage Deredick has been causing lately than the fact his son-in-law is being a major ass.

(edited)
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Weren't the Duggars on The View so many years ago? 

As it turns out, they were. On 19 Kids and Counting, the episode titled "Duggars' Room with a View," Boob, Mechelle, Jinger, Jessa, and baby Jordyn went to New York where they were on The View. (aired 3/17/2009).

ETA: Technically it was 18 Kids and Counting back then.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 3

Derick reminds me of a squawking parrot. Parrots may not know what they're saying, but they are like toddlers who love the attention misbehaving gets them. Anyone who's ever owned a parrot knows that if they scream and you yell at them, they think you want to participate in the the drama and will scream even louder. TLC tried to do damage control by throwing a cover over the parrot cage, but it didn't work because he found a new pulpit on Twitter.

The Original Recipe Duggars have been in the public eye for long enough that they know better than to say the kinds of things Derick is saying on Twitter even though probably agree with him privately. That's because they know that in order to keep their franchise they have to avoid controversy. Now Derick is exposing the hatefulness of their belief system, and he is too deluded to care that, by broadcasting these views, he is exposing himself and his entire family to public ridicule.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

I don't believe for one second that he wasn't paid to appear on the show. 

8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

But... he “didn’t have a choice.” *eyeroll*

I could believe that TLC paid Boob even the kidults' share. However, I don't believe that Dreck, the ACCOUNTANT mind you, didn't ask about compensation (at least for himself) at any time.

But yeah, the not having a choice is bullshit. What Dreck meant to say that he didn't have choices he liked.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, saylubee said:

Here’s what I think, especially to piggyback off some of the comments that Derick is mad at TLC for showcasing the “wrong” kind of content.  I totally agree.  I’m sure the money stings, but is secondary.

We know Derick and Jill were some kind of employees for SOS Ministries.  My suspicion is that they were hired as brand ambassadors meant to showcase SOS missions in Central America.  They were to use their presence to bring attention to mission work via TLC.  When they weren’t actively filming, they could be quasi-camp counselors but had lots of latitude.  That lines up with first hand accounts from people that worked with them in DA about how they didn’t do all that much.

We also know that even without the molestations stuff, Jill and Jessa: Counting On was likely going to be a new spin-off series.  Jessa and Ben had pictures off themselves signing paperwork at TLC headquarters and teasing something new in the works.  If the molestations had not happened, it would likely have been 50% Jill, 50% Jessa, with plenty of time to feature Derick’s work in DA.  We know they were planning on leaving because their announcements had already been filmed.

Now because this was their own show, I could easily see a situation where TLC said if we’re flying crews to DA every week to film, we’re not paying you.  Derick (and Jill) were okay with that because they were drawing a salary from SOS and they were getting to spread God’s word.  I guarantee all the contracts were signed before the molestation stuff and it couldn’t be undone.  This is where “we had no choice” and “we were forced into volunteering”.

Once 19K&C was cancelled, Counting On became about the whole family and not just Jill and Jessa.  TLC also stopped referencing much of their religion, reducing it to Ben’s schoolwork and the courtship rules.  The parts in DA I remember from the first few seasons were: shopping for boots for Izzy, Jill sitting in that woman’s support group with her bread not knowing wtf was happening, Derick skipping off to Spanish class, and Izzy and Spurgeon meeting.  Then the infamous shower rod and rumors of other safety concerns.  Very little about what they were actually doing down there.  I’m sure this ticked SOS off since they were not getting what they expected out of Derick and Jill.  Derick was also not endearing himself to the locals, growing his hair out and being tangentially involved with that one man’s murder.

I’m sure the reason Derick remembers May 31 as the day he broke ties without TLC is because it was the last day of their old contract.  Likely they just didn’t resign thinking they could hold out for actual $$$ this time.  TLC said haha no, you’re worthless.  Derick loses the SOS job because he doesn’t have a media platform anymore.  TLC signs a bunch of new contracts with other shows that get into the nitty gritty of LGBTQ life where they wouldn’t with Derick’s Christian life.

Derick’s now pissed because he can’t get the leghumpers riled up enough to do anything.  They aren’t supporting the Dillard’s social media relaunch by demanding he get back on TV.  The right wing Christian mob isn’t defending his Twitter rants and offering him a career.  He’s stuck in a situation where he likely can’t be the missionary he wants to be, a normal 9-5 company won’t hire him because he’s toxic, and he doesn’t have the personality to become the new spokesman for the persecuted white Christian males.  The only option left in his current situation is to get nastier and nastier, like a shock jock does to retain their audience.

At this point, Derick and Jill need to move to Idaho where they have some pretty strong white Christian enclaves.  I have a former boss that bought a house in one and brags that he’s raising his kids “the right way.”  Delete social media.  Join a church.  Start a small business doing taxes for Christian-owned businesses.  Enroll those boys in a public school with no diversity.  Jill goes back to whatever schooling she needs for the lowest level baby-birther they have in Idaho.  Show their faces on clickbait reunion articles every few years.  Will it happen?  Not in a million years.

Far be it for me to defend Derick and Jill, but were they really tangentially involved in a murder? They knew a guy, he got murdered, that doesn’t mean they were involved. 

• Love 5
On 4/29/2018 at 3:22 AM, mynextmistake said:

I’ve heard it’s really difficult to find a doctor who would do a vasectomy on a man Derick’s age. If he could find one, I agree it would be a viable option. I really don’t think he enjoys fatherhood. He strikes me as someone who never wanted kids but felt like he had to have some because it’s what was expected of him. The problem is that those people inevitably make shitty parents. 

I’m not sure that Jill is able to make friends. She seems like the most emotionally stunted of the adult kids, and even the relatively social ones don’t seem to have wide circles of friends. Relatives and inlaws galore, but no real friends. I think Jana and Laura DeMaisie might be the only real friendship i’ve seen among the Duggar crowd, and that is so unusual that some people have started speculating that Jana is gay and they’re a couple. I think it’s really telling that of all the adult Duggars, only Jinger has been able to successfully move away from home. I just don’t see Jill being able to manage it. 

My husband was 25; the only requirements were age 25 and 2 kids; the youngest child had to be at least 12 months old. He scheduled his appointment the day she turned a year old and it was done a week later. It's not that hard. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

My husband was 25; the only requirements were age 25 and 2 kids; the youngest child had to be at least 12 months old. He scheduled his appointment the day she turned a year old and it was done a week later. It's not that hard. 

Huh. My cousin couldn’t find a urologist willing to do a vasectomy on him even though he was 34 and already had 4 kids. I guess it varies.

• Love 5

If Derick and Jill are renting a home and owe money for medical bills, they are failing JB's & M's debt-free life style. I remember them questioning Derick about his debt prior to marriage - he said he was debt-free and how he was going to remain debt-free. I think JB even gave him a scenario and asked how he would handle it without borrowing money. Then within a year of marriage they ended up with a huge medical bill. I wonder if Derick was running scared thinking JB would judge or condemn him for being a poor headship or if JB was actively judging him.

At that point in their lives Josh was still financially supporting his family in the DC area and young Ben was supporting Jessa with toilet-man income and TLC income. The first Josh scandal broke shortly after Izzy's birth and Josh managed to buy a home in Arkansas and attend a 6 month rehab, presumably paid for by Josh.

Maybe Derick was the first adult "Duggar" that broke the Duggar debt-free commandment and has been haunted by Michelle's "leave and cleave baby" statement. Now instead of getting a real job he is blaming TLC for having debt. And most folks don't like to go down alone so Derick is using the Bible and misdirected anger trying to take down other TLC celebrities.

• Love 5

I thought I read  (eons ego, but can’t recall where) that Michelle had unpaid medical bills, and there were collections efforts. There was speculation that is why she had two home births. I could be wrong, but if true, Ma and Pa Kettle once more are major hypocrites.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

As it turns out, they were. On 19 Kids and Counting, the episode titled "Duggars' Room with a View," Boob, Mechelle, Jinger, Jessa, and baby Jordyn went to New York where they were on The View. (aired 3/17/2009).

ETA: Technically it was 18 Kids and Counting back then.

That was when they dragged out a teevee back at the TTH, and Joy rushed to it when Lizzy Hasselbeck's defrauding legs were shown. The producers asked her about defrauding, but she couldn't define it. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, saylubee said:

At this point, Derick and Jill need to move to Idaho where they have some pretty strong white Christian enclaves.  I have a former boss that bought a house in one and brags that he’s raising his kids “the right way.”  Delete social media.  Join a church.  Start a small business doing taxes for Christian-owned businesses.  Enroll those boys in a public school with no diversity.  Jill goes back to whatever schooling she needs for the lowest level baby-birther they have in Idaho.  Show their faces on clickbait reunion articles every few years.  Will it happen?  Not in a million years.

As an Oregonian now living in rural Idaho, I can attest to the fact that Derick & Jill would fit right in. Homeschooling in Idaho is a breeze, you don't even have to let the school district know you have school-age kids, there's no testing or oversight. They could even stay on social media, spewing hate and hypocrisy, because there's a large population here who will eat that shit with a spoon and ask for seconds. Derick's bookkeeping business might even make ends meet because he'd be a big celebrity in the backwoods of Idaho.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Huh. My cousin couldn’t find a urologist willing to do a vasectomy on him even though he was 34 and already had 4 kids. I guess it varies.

My husband was 25, no kids, and just had to have the approval of his then-wife. My son is 25, no wife or kids, and the local Planned Parenthood said they'd do it for $800.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Nysha said:

My husband was 25, no kids, and just had to have the approval of his then-wife. My son is 25, no wife or kids, and the local Planned Parenthood said they'd do it for $800.

Okay. Clearly people’s experiences differ. Not that i’m complaining; I think anything that increases the likelihood that Derick will get a vasectomy is fabulous. 

I don’t know what he meant by “we didn’t have a choice.” If he didn’t want to be on TV he didn’t have to sign up to be on TV. I’m sure his Walmart salary would have supported a family, especially in semi-rural Arkansas where the cost of living is low. If not, Jill could have gone to work, either as an actually licensed midwife or as a cashier or waitress or something to supplement their income. Even if the cost of turning down TLC was the loss of JimBob’s support, they would have gotten by. I suspect what he means is “we signed up thinking I could control the narrative, but it turns out we had no say in what was aired and we still had to allow filming because we’d signed a contract. Now I am desperate not to look as stupid as I am so I am pretending to be a martyr to evil liberal television.”

• Love 19
40 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Since vasectomies and tubal ligations are elective procedures, individual practitioners can decide on criteria to do them or not.  There is data on sterilization regret and some risk factors have been identified.  Being 25 or younger, having 2 or fewer children and doing the procedure either during or immediately following a pregnancy make it more likely that a person might later regret it.

Personally, I’m fairly liberal about it, figuring that if an adult wants it, that’s their business.  I do warn people about the risk factors for regret and strongly urge waiting 6 months or more after delivery, considering long acting reversible methods like IUD’s, etc.  Of course, everybody thinks they’re the exception and the research doesn’t apply in their very special case, but, if all 3 risk factors are present, there’s about an 80% chance they’ll eventually wish they hadn’t done something permanent. 

Youngest tubal I’ve done was a 21 year old and I did it the day after she delivered.  4th kid, crack addict, multiple arrests for prostitution and her partner was her ‘broker’.  I never regretted it, but, within a year, she did; showing up at my office with a bunch of cash in a briefcase to try to convince my partner to reverse the surgery.  She turned her down.

• Love 21

Catching up on a week's worth of posts here. I have to roll my eyes at Derick's ignorance of how the Boy Scout organization is run. First of all, aside from the well-known Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, there are four other branches within the organization, all of which include girls and have always included girls. (My daughter is in STEM Scouts.) Secondly, when they do allow girls into Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA, the dens will be gender segregated. All that's being changed is that girls get the opportunity to learn camping and survival skills that don't get covered in the Girl Scout program. It's really not that big a deal. Too many people do not know the facts and are basing opinions on incorrect information.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I think this is what a lot of guys are concerned about after a vasectomy. Hee. The doctor told my 32 year old husband he had to wait until our 2nd was a year old before they would do a vasectomy for him. Our 3rd child is 15 months younger than his brother. He didn't make him wait after that.

Now here is what's been bothering about Derdick since yesterday. All this talk about accepting yourself as God makes you. How does that square with Derdick's jaw surgery and braces? If God made him that way and is Derdick is in pain that's because God is testing him like he tested Job and by trying to fix the "mistake" God made isn't he subverting the Will of God and thus is being willful and disobedient to God? Same with Cathy. When God gave her cancer why did she fight it? When she stands in Judgement before the Lord and he says, "Cathy, My child, I tried to call you Home but you resisted me? Why?" How will she explain fighting the Will of God and instead insert her judgement for His and being willful and disobedient by trying to fix God's "mistake" and seeking aggressive treatment?  I guess I am inserting my own flawed human judgement for God's own perfect judgement every time I choose to wear eyeglasses so I can see, pretty much a constant subversion the Will of God so obvious that even a blind person should be able to see it!

These people are infuriating!

My husband had one at age 32, about a year after the youngest of our three was born. I think they told him the requirements were age 30 and two kids, if I recall. He also talked to a priest about what the view of the Catholic church was (he's a bit more religious than I am, but not exactly awash with it). Apparently the priest told him that the Church sort of looks the other way when it comes to vasectomies because while it is a form of birth control, it's not a barrier or chemical method, so, rather like NFP, there's nothing exactly prohibiting it. On the other hand, the priest was pretty liberal in any case, so I don't know whether a more conservative one might have told him differently.

He does, however (Mr Jyn, not the priest) claim that the feeling of climax has never been quite as intense since. I don't know whether this is a possible side effect or whether it's an opposite sort of placebo effect, but it does make me sort of feel bad for him...Everything I've ever read says that there is no impact on the actual sensations, but Mr Jyn has always had extremely heightened senses, so who knows?

17 hours ago, magpye29 said:

Does Derrick believe in reincarnation?

LOL,  that’s what I was thinking! Who knew D-wreck was a fan of reincarnation!? 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I think this is what a lot of guys are concerned about after a vasectomy. Hee. The doctor told my 32 year old husband he had to wait until our 2nd was a year old before they would do a vasectomy for him. Our 3rd child is 15 months younger than his brother. He didn't make him wait after that.

Now here is what's been bothering about Derdick since yesterday. All this talk about accepting yourself as God makes you. How does that square with Derdick's jaw surgery and braces? If God made him that way and is Derdick is in pain that's because God is testing him like he tested Job and by trying to fix the "mistake" God made isn't he subverting the Will of God and thus is being willful and disobedient to God? Same with Cathy. When God gave her cancer why did she fight it? When she stands in Judgement before the Lord and he says, "Cathy, My child, I tried to call you Home but you resisted me? Why?" How will she explain fighting the Will of God and instead insert her judgement for His and being willful and disobedient by trying to fix God's "mistake" and seeking aggressive treatment?  I guess I am inserting my own flawed human judgement for God's own perfect judgement every time I choose to wear eyeglasses so I can see, pretty much a constant subversion the Will of God so obvious that even a blind person should be able to see it!

These people are infuriating!

Yeah exactly. I’ve never figured out what criteria they use for what is god-ordained and must be left as it is, and what’s ok to mess with and “improve” using human wisdom and medical knowledge. 

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, awaken said:

Yeah exactly. I’ve never figured out what criteria they use for what is god-ordained and must be left as it is, and what’s ok to mess with and “improve” using human wisdom and medical knowledge. 

I have found that "God's will" is whatever they want to achieve.  If they want multiple children and are having a hard time conceiving,  then it's God working a miracle and not the fertility doctors.  They would never think God has a reason for their inability to reproduce.

Of course, I hate to see anyone who refuses medical treatment and just uses prayer.  God and medical technology are not mutually exclusive. 

• Love 9
22 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Would JB even watch The View because *gasp* four women are talking about things instead of four men discussing topics? He probably would have a heart attack just seeing four women talk about current events without a man around to correct them. He probably is more concern about the damage Deredick has been causing lately than the fact his son-in-law is being a major ass.

The Duggars were on it once.  I think that is the ep where Joy is covering part of the screen because someone may have shown a clavicle.  I am guessing Dickweed has google alerts on his phone so he can see whenever he comes up in the news.  I was hoping for a new twitter rant today shucks.  His brand of ugly needs to be broadcast.  Think of all the potential bosses may have seen it!  

21 hours ago, Mollie said:

If I were big pregnant my need would be for him to keep his grabby hands to himself!  And maybe be a dear and run get me a donut.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Mollie said:

I am with Sharon

21 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

Derick reminds me of a squawking parrot. Parrots may not know what they're saying, but they are like toddlers who love the attention misbehaving gets them. Anyone who's ever owned a parrot knows that if they scream and you yell at them, they think you want to participate in the the drama and will scream even louder. TLC tried to do damage control by throwing a cover over the parrot cage, but it didn't work because he found a new pulpit on Twitter.

The Original Recipe Duggars have been in the public eye for long enough that they know better than to say the kinds of things Derick is saying on Twitter even though probably agree with him privately. That's because they know that in order to keep their franchise they have to avoid controversy. Now Derick is exposing the hatefulness of their belief system, and he is too deluded to care that, by broadcasting these views, he is exposing himself and his entire family to public ridicule.

So my cat is really a parrot.  I believe it.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, saylubee said:

Here’s what I think, especially to piggyback off some of the comments that Derick is mad at TLC for showcasing the “wrong” kind of content.  I totally agree.  I’m sure the money stings, but is secondary.

We know Derick and Jill were some kind of employees for SOS Ministries.  My suspicion is that they were hired as brand ambassadors meant to showcase SOS missions in Central America.  They were to use their presence to bring attention to mission work via TLC.  When they weren’t actively filming, they could be quasi-camp counselors but had lots of latitude.  That lines up with first hand accounts from people that worked with them in DA about how they didn’t do all that much.

We also know that even without the molestations stuff, Jill and Jessa: Counting On was likely going to be a new spin-off series.  Jessa and Ben had pictures off themselves signing paperwork at TLC headquarters and teasing something new in the works.  If the molestations had not happened, it would likely have been 50% Jill, 50% Jessa, with plenty of time to feature Derick’s work in DA.  We know they were planning on leaving because their announcements had already been filmed.

Now because this was their own show, I could easily see a situation where TLC said if we’re flying crews to DA every week to film, we’re not paying you.  Derick (and Jill) were okay with that because they were drawing a salary from SOS and they were getting to spread God’s word.  I guarantee all the contracts were signed before the molestation stuff and it couldn’t be undone.  This is where “we had no choice” and “we were forced into volunteering”.

Once 19K&C was cancelled, Counting On became about the whole family and not just Jill and Jessa.  TLC also stopped referencing much of their religion, reducing it to Ben’s schoolwork and the courtship rules.  The parts in DA I remember from the first few seasons were: shopping for boots for Izzy, Jill sitting in that woman’s support group with her bread not knowing wtf was happening, Derick skipping off to Spanish class, and Izzy and Spurgeon meeting.  Then the infamous shower rod and rumors of other safety concerns.  Very little about what they were actually doing down there.  I’m sure this ticked SOS off since they were not getting what they expected out of Derick and Jill.  Derick was also not endearing himself to the locals, growing his hair out and being tangentially involved with that one man’s murder.

I’m sure the reason Derick remembers May 31 as the day he broke ties without TLC is because it was the last day of their old contract.  Likely they just didn’t resign thinking they could hold out for actual $$$ this time.  TLC said haha no, you’re worthless.  Derick loses the SOS job because he doesn’t have a media platform anymore.  TLC signs a bunch of new contracts with other shows that get into the nitty gritty of LGBTQ life where they wouldn’t with Derick’s Christian life.

Derick’s now pissed because he can’t get the leghumpers riled up enough to do anything.  They aren’t supporting the Dillard’s social media relaunch by demanding he get back on TV.  The right wing Christian mob isn’t defending his Twitter rants and offering him a career.  He’s stuck in a situation where he likely can’t be the missionary he wants to be, a normal 9-5 company won’t hire him because he’s toxic, and he doesn’t have the personality to become the new spokesman for the persecuted white Christian males.  The only option left in his current situation is to get nastier and nastier, like a shock jock does to retain their audience.

I think this sounds super plausible!  Maybe being so anti lgbtq and pro traditional family he is angling for an FRC position.  Dude, they have enough problems on their own so I doubt they will go down the Duggar hole again.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Since vasectomies and tubal ligations are elective procedures, individual practitioners can decide on criteria to do them or not.  There is data on sterilization regret and some risk factors have been identified.  Being 25 or younger, having 2 or fewer children and doing the procedure either during or immediately following a pregnancy make it more likely that a person might later regret it.

Personally, I’m fairly liberal about it, figuring that if an adult wants it, that’s their business.  I do warn people about the risk factors for regret and strongly urge waiting 6 months or more after delivery, considering long acting reversible methods like IUD’s, etc.  Of course, everybody thinks they’re the exception and the research doesn’t apply in their very special case, but, if all 3 risk factors are present, there’s about an 80% chance they’ll eventually wish they hadn’t done something permanent. 

Youngest tubal I’ve done was a 21 year old and I did it the day after she delivered.  4th kid, crack addict, multiple arrests for prostitution and her partner was her ‘broker’.  I never regretted it, but, within a year, she did; showing up at my office with a bunch of cash in a briefcase to try to convince my partner to reverse the surgery.  She turned her down.

I had heard nightmares about women who had not had children being turned down for a tubal.  I made Mr. Natalie go with me and had prepared answers in case there was a grilling.  I was 34 and no kids.  It was no problem.  Scheduled a couple of weeks and $10 later (really good insurance).  It was another $10 for pain pills.  I really feel for those that have a hard time or no/bad insurance.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

My husband had one at age 32, about a year after the youngest of our three was born. I think they told him the requirements were age 30 and two kids, if I recall. He also talked to a priest about what the view of the Catholic church was (he's a bit more religious than I am, but not exactly awash with it). Apparently the priest told him that the Church sort of looks the other way when it comes to vasectomies because while it is a form of birth control, it's not a barrier or chemical method, so, rather like NFP, there's nothing exactly prohibiting it. On the other hand, the priest was pretty liberal in any case, so I don't know whether a more conservative one might have told him differently.

He does, however (Mr Jyn, not the priest) claim that the feeling of climax has never been quite as intense since. I don't know whether this is a possible side effect or whether it's an opposite sort of placebo effect, but it does make me sort of feel bad for him...Everything I've ever read says that there is no impact on the actual sensations, but Mr Jyn has always had extremely heightened senses, so who knows?

What!!!  I'm Catholic and outraged by the misogyny of that story. I'm tired of our Church getting a free pass. I'll be in the prayer closet, still working out what kind of Christian I want to be. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If Derick and Jill are renting a home and owe money for medical bills, they are failing JB's & M's debt-free life style. I remember them questioning Derick about his debt prior to marriage - he said he was debt-free and how he was going to remain debt-free. I think JB even gave him a scenario and asked how he would handle it without borrowing money. Then within a year of marriage they ended up with a huge medical bill. I wonder if Derick was running scared thinking JB would judge or condemn him for being a poor headship or if JB was actively judging him.

At that point in their lives Josh was still financially supporting his family in the DC area and young Ben was supporting Jessa with toilet-man income and TLC income. The first Josh scandal broke shortly after Izzy's birth and Josh managed to buy a home in Arkansas and attend a 6 month rehab, presumably paid for by Josh.

Maybe Derick was the first adult "Duggar" that broke the Duggar debt-free commandment and has been haunted by Michelle's "leave and cleave baby" statement. Now instead of getting a real job he is blaming TLC for having debt. And most folks don't like to go down alone so Derick is using the Bible and misdirected anger trying to take down other TLC celebrities.

Derick's current situation kinda puts JB/M's grilling in a whole new light. IIRC, we weren't shown them grilling Ben, for example, about the same types of things. At the time I was surprised by that because I thought Derick had a better chance of following through at remaining debt-free since he had education and a real job, compared to Ben. Did JB/M know something that we didn't know at the time but we know now?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, AnnaBaptist said:

Too many people do not know the facts and are basing opinions on incorrect information.

And Derrick will do everything he can to spread that incorrect information in order to get gullible people on his side.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

And Derrick will do everything he can to spread that incorrect information in order to get gullible people on his side.

And all the leg humpers will be right there with him, in wonderment of his wisdom. 

• Love 6
On 5/3/2018 at 1:42 PM, Natalie68 said:

I kinda wish I could have joined the Scouts.  I was a Brownie for a hot minute.  I hated the outfit and I too was bored AF.  I might have learned something handy with the Scouts.  I did end up in 4-H because I could raise animals (for show, NOT food, could not kill my bunnies).  I can also sew a button on, hem pants, and darn socks due to 4-H.  Maybe we just had a lame Brownie leader.  Her daughter also icked everyone out because she was a booger eater.  Good times.

We tried GS for one year with my girls and it was a HOT MESS. All they did was arts and crafts and cookies---I realize our leader sucked and some don't, but I would much rather my kids do 4-H or Boy Scouts then Girl Scouts. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I’ve always thought the Duggars were Independent Baptist and if so, they don’t use anything but KJV.  I guess Jill has changed denominations.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

Well...okay then

image.png.817b1001d9615e575a2858c036c60382.png

Somebody doesn't like being the Headship.

And yet he didn't directly answer the question, although I don't think he cares either way whether Jill watches Star Wars or not. The restricting of movies and TV shows reeks more of the Duggars than Derick himself.

• Love 13
On 4/27/2018 at 3:42 PM, Sew Sumi said:

So much for having a job. He all but admitted the he is at home. 

LOL! In fairness, you can be at home and at work at the same time. LOTS of people work from home and spend time with their children simultaneously.

• Love 5