Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Agree with the above comments. Cathy is whackadoodles, but anyone who doesn't want to spend time at the petri dish known as the TTH will always get a pass from me.

With that said though, I live for speculation and unsubstantiated rumors, so I'll happily believe there's a family feud going on. 

• Love 10

After watching Israel's birthday 'cake' video, I too, saw that Jill's house is a mess. I don't think she takes the time to put ANYTHING away. What a mountain of pots, pans and dishes she has next to the sink. How much does she cook for basically TWO adults and little Izzy? Sam doesn't count yet.

I never knew that "Jiffy" made cake mixes. I noticed only their corn muffin mix. Wouldn't a box of Jiffy cake mix be a bit small for 7 people?

I certainly hope that these two idiots, Jill and DDD, know that staying in ONE PLACE for a while would be in their children's best interest? Israel would soar in a nice little school with children his own age and SOME TIME AWAY from Jill every day. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm hoping Izzy will be allowed to go to a Christian preschool since he seems so bright & to meet kids his age. I would think Cross Church would have some type of program since they are a big church.  Even going to Sunday School would be great for Izzy. I wonder if he's allowed.  

Yes, Cross Church does have a preschool, I looked it up.  I think Izzy should go there now, and have interactions with other children and other adults.  After all if it's good enough for Derilick, shouldn't it be good enough for their kids?

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Yes, Cross Church does have a preschool, I looked it up.  I think Izzy should go there now, and have interactions with other children and other adults.  After all if it's good enough for Derilick, shouldn't it be good enough for their kids?

No way will they do this.  The fee is $25 per day plus a supply fee of $60 per semester.  They would much rather spend the money on themselves ─ like on Jill's airfare to go on trips with Derick's class (where she's not needed and not wanted) or on eatiing out because Jill can't be bothered with learning how to cook.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Mollie said:

No way will they do this.  The fee is $25 per day plus a supply fee of $60 per semester.  They would much rather spend the money on themselves ─ like on Jill's airfare to go on trips with Derick's class (where she's not needed and not wanted) or on eatiing out because Jill can't be bothered with learning how to cook.

While I can see them not doing it because well money and they have no job, I could actually see Derilick and Jill starting a gofundme for Izzy to go to preschool.  And that's scary on so many levels in my brain.

• Love 10
(edited)

I wonder why the Dillards haven’t thanked the people who voted for them in that photo contest? Not very nice! Put it out there for them to vote, and then nothing.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The apartment looks really cramped and cluttered. I know grifters can't be choosers, but they must be going stir-crazy in that place. And to think, if Derick had kept his Wally World job and hadn't gotten his family booted off the show, they could've owned their own home by now.

Or Derick could get off his grifting ass and get a real paying job again . The guy has a college degree. 

• Love 16
18 hours ago, Zella said:

I don't think she's ever used a crock pot. I'm no kitchen wizard, but that became my favorite thing when I first started cooking. If she'd ever used one even once, I don't think she would have been worried about cooking the meat before putting it in. . . . 

Have any of them ever been shown using one on the show? I don't watch. 

I think I remember her using a crockpot to make chili. I remember because she served it with pretzels and I thought it was kind of an odd combo. With tortilla chips, sure, but pretzels seem a little too salty.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It just seems a bit strange they had this sad little party at the cramped apartment with the Dillards and then this other, seemingly much bigger and nicer party, at the Duggar house. Is Cathy on the outs with Jim Bob and  Michelle or something?

warning: the above post contains wild speculation and is not intended to start any unsubstantiated rumors!

Maybe they didn’t want be involved with the TTH party

10 hours ago, graefin said:

She's uneducated, yes, but she's also very dumb. Compare her articulation to Jessa's, for example. 

Why is it okay to call people dumb 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

While I can see them not doing it because well money and they have no job, I could actually see Derilick and Jill starting a gofundme for Izzy to go to preschool.  And that's scary on so many levels in my brain.

That would be a go fund me of theirs I’d actually donate to.

#FreeIzzy

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

#FreeIzzy

I would so donate to anything that saw Iz and Sam get a real education

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yes, as a matter of fact ...  my handbasket is equipped with air conditioning. Why do you ask?

I don't suppose we could install a wetbar into your handbasket as well, could we?

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, Heathen said:

In all honesty, Derelict might have a hard time now getting an actual career-path job. Imagine his resume:

1. OSU accounting degree
  2. Pistol Pete 
  3. Unofficial "missionary" in Nepal for two years
  4. Walmart accountant for a year followed by a dubious separation
  5. "Missionary" with no real organization or backing who yo-yoed between Danger America and Arkansas for two years and accomplished nothing tangible
  6. Now "missionary-in-training" with no real organization. 

Then add in the fact that he looks like shit, has the personality of an angry raccoon, lacks a work ethic, and comes with his very own cling-on. He's also got a documented social media presence that does not portray him in a favorable light unless "barely coherent bigot" is what a company is looking for. The only employers I can see taking a chance on him are fundies and/or friends of Cathy's. Hell, I've interviewed dozens of people, and I can't imagine he'd make it past the first round of interviews with a real employer. 

Tl; dr: Derelict is screwed and I think he knows it. It would explain some of his anger. 

Yep! And he only has himself to blame. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

He's also got a documented social media presence that does not portray him in a favorable light unless "barely coherent bigot" is what a company is looking for.

What about Josh's old job at the Family Research Council?  Eh, They've probably filled it already, I guess.  Nevermind.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

In all honesty, Derelict might have a hard time now getting an actual career-path job. Imagine his resume:

1. OSU accounting degree
  2. Pistol Pete 
  3. Unofficial "missionary" in Nepal for two years
  4. Walmart accountant for a year followed by a dubious separation
  5. "Missionary" with no real organization or backing who yo-yoed between Danger America and Arkansas for two years and accomplished nothing tangible
  6. Now "missionary-in-training" with no real organization. 

Then add in the fact that he looks like shit, has the personality of an angry raccoon, lacks a work ethic, and comes with his very own cling-on. He's also got a documented social media presence that does not portray him in a favorable light unless "barely coherent bigot" is what a company is looking for. The only employers I can see taking a chance on him are fundies and/or friends of Cathy's. Hell, I've interviewed dozens of people, and I can't imagine he'd make it past the first round of interviews with a real employer. 

Tl; dr: Derelict is screwed and I think he knows it. It would explain some of his anger. 

"The personality of an angry raccoon" hahahahahaha love it!!!

jinger about five years ago could have done some great raccoon eyes on him if she'd wanted to!

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

has the personality of an angry raccoon,

You know, there have been reports of "Zombie raccoons" in Ohio.  Evidently they have lost their fear of humans, bare their teeth, and then fall over.  Maybe Derick infected them?  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I think I remember her using a crockpot to make chili. I remember because she served it with pretzels and I thought it was kind of an odd combo. With tortilla chips, sure, but pretzels seem a little too salty.

Thanks!  I agree that's an odd combo.

1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

You know, there have been reports of "Zombie raccoons" in Ohio.  Evidently they have lost their fear of humans, bare their teeth, and then fall over.  Maybe Derick infected them?  

Those raccoons are said to have distemper. Sounds like Derick to me!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Is the preschool a full 8 hours? $100/week or $400/month is actually pretty decent compared to the prices they charge for preschool where I live. They could probably get a discount if Jill volunteered or decided to work there (depending on the qualifications they require, all preschools are different). 

I looked it up, and it's 5 hours, two days a week, $25/day. 

$5/hr for childcare is cheap, but it's still more than I pay for our church preschool.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, irisheyes said:

#FreeIzzy

18 hours ago, Totally said:

I would so donate to anything that saw Iz and Sam get a real education

DO NOT SEND THESE PEOPLE MONEY!

I can easily see them starting  GoFundMe to send Izzy to pre-school, or to buy Jesus books for orphans, or to help disaster victims overseas. The end result, of course, is simply funding for Dillard Ministries to fly around the world on missioncations and for "date-nights" at various mid-priced restaurant chains. Unless they move away from NW Arkansas soon, Izzy will be attending the SODRT with his cousins in a few months.

• Love 24
18 minutes ago, SMama said:

Maybe Cathy will pay for preschool.

Remember, Jill won't be dragging Izzy over to the TTH to learn about "shaps" and bankruptcy law because they can't afford anything better, but because she can't imagine that there is anything better. Remember, she's better than you, and her child "gets" the privilege of attending "school" in a completely sealed Jesus bubble.

• Love 18

I'd also like to point out that we made a lot of assumptions about Derick and Cathy that turned out to be untrue.

We thought that Derick would insist that his children be well educated, but Derick doesn't really seem to be a very involved father. I don't see any signs that he has bonded to Izzy at all, much less that he is a fierce protector of his son's best interests.

While Cathy appears to be invested in her grandchildren, she also seems to be enamored of her "celebrity-adjacent" status and I don't see her doing anything to rock the boat. Maybe if Izzy gets to be 7 or 8 and still can't read and is proud of his knowledge of "shaps" and the show is completely off the air, Cathy might bring up the subject. She has also shown herself to be every bit as Jesus-crazy as the Duggars, and Izzy doing pre-school "lessons" that are Jesus-centric will be something she will like, not something that she will worry about.

• Love 21
29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Jill and Derick passed any planes on their way up the mountain?

Well, not any intact planes. But they did see lots of debris from all the crashes that have happened, caused by those dumb pilots who thought it was possible to fly higher than a mountain. 

DUUHHHHH! I'm actually embarrassed for the guy on this one. How the hell does he think people get from one side of the country to the other? Fly through some kind of Panama Canal for planes or something? He went to college. How could he be so damn stupid? 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, I don't recommend reading 5 pages of the Dillards in one sitting. It tends to make the brain spin.

Izzy is old enough to walk and hour in the sun, "enjoy" books for school aged kids and make a birthday cake, yet sits in a highchair, wears a bib and drinks from a sippy cup.

I wonder if Jill and Derick passed any planes on their way up the mountain?

I see they saved the difference and left Kendra's baby shower decorations up for Izzy. Or maybe they crashed the shower with a pinata. 

Vegetarian chili with meat. Maybe Jill is trying her hand at suspending chunks of meat by toothpicks in a cup of water and growing it.

You read 5 pages of Dillards in one sitting????  come to the prayer closet, you need booze.  :-)

And you may also have the strongest endurance of anyone I have ever met  :-)

And I need a new keyboard for the meat on toothpicks remark - that was stupendous !!!

• Love 16

I think Jim Bob probably regrets hooking himself up with Derrick. Jill he doesn't care nearly so much about.

I say that knowing Jill was always his favorite, too. But Jim Bob will always love himself best.  And Derrick has made him look bad (or should I say look worse - he already looked pretty bad).  I doubt Jim Bob will ever forgive him. 

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I wonder if JBoob regrets hooking Jill up with this loser?  

Don't know about JB, but I'm sure Jana has no regrets that she passed on the loser. 

• Love 17

I think the only one who is blissfully happy with the arrangement is Jill. She has a man to show off, clinging to him like a barnacle lest any other woman dare try to steal him. As if, Jill. 

• Love 14
On 4/7/2018 at 5:06 PM, lianau said:

Or Derick could get off his grifting ass and get a real paying job again . The guy has a college degree. 

The longer he goes without using it though, the harder it's going to be to find a well paying job in the same field. 

• Love 9

From JILL:

This super easy cheese dip is the stuff we’d always have for big get-togethers at my family’s house.

1 (2lb.) block cheese melt

1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (or half a can depending on your spice tolerance)

1 can evaporated milk

Directions: Blend tomatoes and green chilies (unless you prefer chunks). Cube cheese. Add milk and warm in microwave. Blend with hand blender until smooth.

Note: If warming over stove, be sure to warm at low heat and stir frequently so cheese doesn’t scald!

Fancy Cornbread ( she doesn’t even use her own photo for this)

Y’all! This is my favorite cornbread. My mama made this for us growing up and it is a little bit sweeter than normal cornbread. Oh, and you gotta put the melted butter on it at the end to get the entire flavor! I like to eat it for breakfast the next morning.

Makes two 9×13″ pans

Ingredients:

4 boxes Jiffy cornmuffin mix

4 eggs

3/4 cup oil (vegetable or light olive oil is what I use)

1/8 cup sugar

1 cup grated cheddar cheese

1 t. onion powder

1 can creamed corn

Directions: Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and pour into two greased 9×13″ pans. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Brush with melted butter when done.

• Love 3

Are her “recipes” aimed at 18 year old brides who have never cooked before? Because nothing she has posted is inventive or new. Most of these are on the box of the Aldi brand velveeta. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

From JILL:

This super easy cheese dip is the stuff we’d always have for big get-togethers at my family’s house.

1 (2lb.) block cheese melt

1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (or half a can depending on your spice tolerance)

1 can evaporated milk

Directions: Blend tomatoes and green chilies (unless you prefer chunks). Cube cheese. Add milk and warm in microwave. Blend with hand blender until smooth.

Note: If warming over stove, be sure to warm at low heat and stir frequently so cheese doesn’t scald!

Fancy Cornbread ( she doesn’t even use her own photo for this)

Y’all! This is my favorite cornbread. My mama made this for us growing up and it is a little bit sweeter than normal cornbread. Oh, and you gotta put the melted butter on it at the end to get the entire flavor! I like to eat it for breakfast the next morning.

Makes two 9×13″ pans

Ingredients:

4 boxes Jiffy cornmuffin mix

4 eggs

3/4 cup oil (vegetable or light olive oil is what I use)

1/8 cup sugar

1 cup grated cheddar cheese

1 t. onion powder

1 can creamed corn

Directions: Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and pour into two greased 9×13″ pans. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Brush with melted butter when done.

What is "cheese melt"? Does she mean "cheese, melted"?

Wow, using corn muffin mix to make cornbread! Who would have thought? I had no idea you could just pour corn muffin mix into a cake pan instead of in a muffin tin.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

What is "cheese melt"? Does she mean "cheese, melted"?

I think she means Velveeta. It's not cheese, it's meant to be just melted. (I can't get the shit to melt and won't use it. But I'm pretty sure that it's sole purpose is to melt into a cheesy sauce.)

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

Wow, using corn muffin mix to make cornbread! Who would have thought? I had no idea you could just pour corn muffin mix into a cake pan instead of in a muffin tin.

Her head will really explode if she finds out you can make it in a cast iron pan.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Don't forget Jeremy and Ben. They probably appreciate how good Derwood is making them look in comparison. 

Don't forget Smuggly Do Wrong since Derwood is taking some of the heat off of him.

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Maybe he is hoping he can get away from his two idiot parents if he jumps high enough.

(edited)

Lol, Jilly Muffin, it's called "queso." You'd think a "missionary" who begged for donations so she could become fluent in Spanish would know that. Btw, that's yet another recipe she stole off the back of a Velveeta box, but I've never heard of putting condensed milk in it. Usually you just melt the cheese and salsa. 

Eta: I take the milk comment back. Apparently some recipes do call for it, just none of the ones I'm familiar with.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11