Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I don't think his Walmart pay made him a loser in itself. I certainly don't judge someone,s worth by how much money they make. His other qualities, though.

I agree that it's the whole package that makes him a loser.

He married a girl he hardly knew from a family he didn't know.

He took a job that would have paid well enough for a single man, or for a married couple with a wife working at least part time, when he knew his wife had no intention of working and planned to be pregnant within a year -- and every year after that.

He quit that job to take up begging as a full-time job.

He is such a bigoted, loud-mouthed asshat, that he got FIRED FROM REALITY TV. How does that happen? Given the nature of reality TV, there is no way that TLC would have cut ties with him if he was simply "controversial." Either he quit, or he is insufferable to work with and TLC decided to drop the Dullards in favor of one of the less tiresome kidults.

• Love 16

My guess is that when the guys married into the Duggar family, Big Daddy made it clear to them that enhancing the Duggar brand was a huge part of the marriage agreement.  In return, he would take care of their financial needs, and they would benefit from travel, freebies, etc. 

Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if Big Jim was the one behind Derick leaving Walmart.  He seems like the type who wouldn't want a son-in-law blabbing to his co-workers about how the situation REALLY is in the Duggar household.  

I also think that TLC let Derick go after the first few hate tweets, and that's when he decided to ramp it up until he looked like a raving lunatic.  He had too much to lose to voluntarily leave the show and infuriate the Duggar clan.  Now he's getting a kind of revenge on TLC and Big Daddy.  Just my two cents.

• Love 8

Radio silence from him since TLC's tweet. Jill, OTOH, has posted "Look over here! Shiny objects!" damage control. Not to mention, the pictures of her in pants surfaced, which certainly helped detract from Derelict's situation.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Maybe he's gotten what he wanted.

Fired? I'm not sure he was even fired, but if his intent was to hate Tweet to get fired, he might have just tried fighting with TLC in private.  Or just quit.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3

So Derick hasn't posted since TLC's announcement? Huh, this might change my mind about what went down, then. Maybe he and TLC were at an impasse that Derick was sure would end with him the winner, but his tweets made TLC give up on him entirely. 

Whatever, I love his silence now, both for the obvious reasons and because this type of quiet after news comes out--along with distraction posts--means that the Duggars are freaking the fuck out and trying to regroup. To be a fly on that wall...

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Or just quit.

You can't just quit a TV contract if he had one.  The person is obligated for the length of the contract.  There are ways to get out of it and what Derick did is one of them.  

Well technically a person can walk off and the network can then sue the person.  It's usually best to get negotiated out of a performance contract.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 5

My point was that his choice to marry and immediately pump out a kid without even working a year was immature and short-sighted.  Then he quits or is fired and has absolutely nothing to fall back on except for some bogus scam that expects strangers to support them in a foreign country. 

No planning, no strategy, no backup and no legitimate way to support 4 people makes him a loser to me.  

• Love 10

I think we can take an educated guess as to whom Boob's least favorite SIL is. Before this, he probably gave Derelict latitude for "free speech," not wholly understanding the consequences that Derelict brought upon himself with his first tweet about Jazz, which was a direct retweet from TLC's promotion of I am Jazz. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ariel said:

I don't think JB is happy about the latest turn of events.

If JB Is unhappy, I'm happy. 

4 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Everyone has to start somewhere. One of my family members started as an accounts receivable clerk at $10/hour with a B.S. in Accounting like Derick. They have been with their company for two years and were recently told that due to their incredible work they were going to be made head of a brand new department with a substantial pay increase. It's a matter of paying your dues and being exemplary no matter your position that counts, so I can't snark on Derick for taking an entry-level job and maybe hoping to move up the ranks (which didn't happen, obviously). 

Agreed. Everyone must pay their dues. However, $31,200 in Arkansas is pretty solidly middle class I believe. The cost of living is pretty low, 

• Love 11

No, he never pursued the further education needed to attain CPA. He went to Nepal just a few months after graduation. Not sure what he did with his time in the interim, but I guess he could have done a semester of grad school. I haven't looked at his LinkedIn for quite a while, but I don't recall any post-grad work listed. 

I wanna know what they're living off. Very stupid and irresponsible of Derick to jeopardize his and his inlaws only source of income when he has a wife and 2 kids to support. Why isn't everything that has happened (failed donation grifting, fired from SOS, botched births) a sign from God telling him to quit wasting time on "ministry" and get a job. Jill is gonna be having risky pregnancies from now on and a job will provide medical benefits.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I wanna know what they're living off. Very stupid and irresponsible of Derick to jeopardize his and his inlaws only source of income when he has a wife and 2 kids to support. Why isn't everything that has happened (failed donation grifting, fired from SOS, botched births) a sign from God telling him to quit wasting time on "ministry" and get a job. Jill is gonna be having risky pregnancies from now on and a job will provide medical benefits.

I hate most of his beliefs, but IMO I have more respect for him than I do the other hypocrites who continue to lie.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I hate most of his beliefs, but IMO I have more respect for him than I do the other hypocrites who continue to lie.

Agree. Now the brothers-in-law all look bad. Martyrs over ministers!

tenor.gif

You go girl

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Lunera said:

I wanna know what they're living off. Very stupid and irresponsible of Derick to jeopardize his and his inlaws only source of income when he has a wife and 2 kids to support. Why isn't everything that has happened (failed donation grifting, fired from SOS, botched births) a sign from God telling him to quit wasting time on "ministry" and get a job. Jill is gonna be having risky pregnancies from now on and a job will provide medical benefits.

The Lord will provide.

Seriously, that's what clowns like Drek believe. My husband had a friend, a pastor's son, with a wife & 1 kid plus twins on the way. Wife didn't work, said friend worked a crappy low paying job but he wouldn't take extra work or look for a better paying job bc he trusted in the Lord. He had no problem taking for himself items that were intended for his father's church outreach pantry and  accepting donations from his father's congregation, all from people who were struggling themselves to make ends meet.

I guess the Lord does provide, but in this case, at the expense of others even less fortunate.

Edited by lulu69
Clarity
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, XrystalPond said:

I had an ex-fiance who believed that. He wouldn't even go look for a job, as his belief was that God would provide him a job if needed. I guess God wasn't working through the want ads (what we used back then). 

For a lot of these fundy guys, 'God will provide' seems to be code for 'too lazy to work'.

I am sorta wondering if Derick, with the first tweet, wasn't calling TLC out in his own ignorant way.  I can picture him thinking that, by going public with his lack of understanding of transgender individuals, he was going to force TLC's hand and they would, of course, drop Jazz over him.  He could well have told the execs that he didn't want to be on the same network as the evil Jazz, thinking that they'd cancel that show since he and his wonderful godly family sent such a wonderful Christian message.  Then, much to his surprise, they showed Derick the door.

• Love 15
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Any additions to his gofundme donations?

Lottery fantasy: Donate $10,000 to Derelict's GoFundMe under the name "Satan." If he accepts it, we'll know what he truly worships.

• Love 13

Derick already seemed to be on the way out before all the Jazz stuff started though.  He and Jill were nowhere to be seen during the Q&A session.  That was filmed before Samuel’s birth and they made a pretty big Instagram splash that filming weekend at Silver Dollar City and the Boy Scout camp with Dan.

I agree with others who have speculated that TLC is the reason he lost the SOS gig.  Basically SOS said no more filming, TLC said “here’s your contract, yes more filming,” and then Derick was fired.  He responded by scorching earth with TLC to break whatever morality clause they have in the contract.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, MichaelaRae said:

Well, Derick, since you're so obsessed with God's plans for people's genitals, I know you'll appreciate this: Buh. Bye. And may the doorknob hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Sadly, god never split Derick. He just has a back with a hole in it. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Mya said:

Oh my the comments are going to be glorious LOL

They are so glorious! I think JereMe and Jinger tested the water first on social media after Derick's scandal and people responded well so then Jessa and Ben began to post again. Jilly thought she'd get the same treatment. 

• Love 2

He's already paid his tuition, which I can understand to include the missioncations he is required to do. Is he trying to figure out a way to take along the family? Wouldn't that detract from whatever he's supposedly trying to do? And if so, where did Jill's TLC $$$ go? Jinger had $90 grand to put down as a down payment on their house. With no expenses other than food and diapers, I don't understand how the Dullards are broke. 

Good news is, on Jill's post, even some leghumpers are telling her that this is ridiculous.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess fundraising is slow; Jilly Muffin just posted this: 

Oh hey Jill...no. You see I have things to pay like gas and a car payment so I can go to work. I mean I guess I could be King Douchebag Lazy Ass...

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 8

Why should anyone 'fund' Derick? What has he done to prove his expertise in 'missionary work' so far? Jill really should be ashamed of him AND of herself for supporting such a thing. She needs to go look at the want ads for her "#1hubby".

• Love 15

Reading some of the comments made me realize how uninformed and dumb the leghumpers are. They think that the Dullards are raising the money to go back to Central America to help the less fortunate. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The leghumpers' comments are priceless. I might have responded to a couple of them. ?

On whose page? All the Tweets I read on Jill's page are negative.

And what does this mean?  On Derick's GoFundMe page. That's the total as well, so it doesn't seem to include the recent donations.

$2,694

Anonymous

4 days ago (Offline Donation)

30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

On whose page? All the Tweets I read on Jill's page are negative.

And what does this mean?  On Derick's GoFundMe page. That's the total as well, so it doesn't seem to include the recent donations.

$2,694

Anonymous

4 days ago (Offline Donation)

In Jill's Instagram page. An offline donation means he was given a check or money outside of gofundme and he just added it to the total. 

• Love 1