Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Catfin said:

Yep, this we've seen. I'm talking about dirt-dirt from a former roommate or fraternity guy.  Things like he couldn't get a date or poured orange juice on his cereal instead of milk. 

His greatest achievement was wearing a giant fiberglass head over his real one. 

• Love 18

I think Jill will continue to be on the show, pretty much as normal.  It will take some work to feature Jill without Derick but she can always pop over to check a pregnant belly with her medical thingys or drop the kids off with Jana. 

I guess we won't be seeing Miss Cathy much? 

I enjoyed Derick on the show because he was such a nut case that it made my hate watching experience so much better. I know, I know, I should take the high road and be happy his hateful self is off the show but he entertains me in a strange way.  Plus, it's always interesting to see what part of his face has shifted in which direction.  (Ok, that was mean but Derick is mean so it's ok, right?)

• Love 19

We now have a new drinking game when we watch counting on it is called find Waldo?

26 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

His greatest achievement was wearing a giant fiberglass head over his real one. 

Pistol Pete's head looks a lot better then his real one now my mind is in the gutter who has the brain bleach and who is going on the highway to hell train with me?

Edited by Rabbittron
Voice text sucks
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I think Jill will continue to be on the show, pretty much as normal.  It will take some work to feature Jill without Derick but she can always pop over to check a pregnant belly with her medical thingys or drop the kids off with Jana. 

I guess we won't be seeing Miss Cathy much? 

I enjoyed Derick on the show because he was such a nut case that it made my hate watching experience so much better. I know, I know, I should take the high road and be happy his hateful self is off the show but he entertains me in a strange way.  Plus, it's always interesting to see what part of his face has shifted in which direction.  (Ok, that was mean but Derick is mean so it's ok, right?)

I'm only here for the scandals and missteps. There was nothing in the last season thread that even prompted me to search for any video. 

I want them all off the show and on social media in a full 'stop masturbation' campaign. I want signs and stuff: 'Kissing is for marriage', 'Toddlers are manipulative' .

And their swag: Secondskin maternity, never leave them guessing, comfortable padding for your hands in the cradle your belly area. Forward seating posture baby carriers: let the carrier hold your trophy for maximum photo exposure.

Or new business ventures: rent a childs team for mock charity ideas, we have all colours and can outfit them to suit any campaign: inner city vulnerable, Christian fatherless, middle class fancy. Or how about women's equality, we provide plumbers, electricians and mechanics for you to take credit for home improvement and feminine trades pursuits such as flipping cars.

I find them entertaining when they are authentic. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, katycat74 said:

It amuses me that Dreck is even being trolled on his GoFundMe page.  There are two $5 donations from a "Jim Bob Jennings" (Jazz's last name) on there, lol

That is too funny!  

Dillweed is just a total mess.  I can't think of anything to add to the spot-on posts here.

• Love 3

Definitely don't agree with the folks saying Derick couldn't even get a job. Yes he could. At a huge multinational with an HR department that is careful about background checks/social media -- no -- because he has brought too much controversy on himself and those kinds of employers don't need you when they can hire an identical 28 yr old with an accounting degree in a entry level role whose background/social media check comes up clean. But not everyone works for big companies -- most don't. And let's not forget they live in the Bible belt where there are LOTS of owners of garages; metals shops; contracting companies; landscaping companies etc. who DO view transgender/LGBT/anything other than man married to woman -- as non sense and as lifestyle "choices" made by people who aren't Christian enough. So yeah if any one of these needed an office manager or finance manager (which small businesses tend to), Derick could get hired with his state school business degree + 9 months experience. These businesses are not looking for Harvard and Wharton grads with a dozen years experience; they are looking for someone with enough math skills and a degree to manage the books, which Derick can. Now the issue for Derick is -- he's gotten so used to lazying around at home for 3 yrs that a 40 hr a week job where he had to show up by 9 am would kick his ass.

Jilly is in distraction mode. Hubby gets fired and within 1 day -- she lets herself be photographed in pants; posts a pic of her other grandpa with a Veterans Day message; and now posts a 4 month pic of Samuel. Nothing to see here folks, we're a normal Christian family just going about our weekend . . . .

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Would Derick accept a donation from Jazz? Of course he would......

https://mobile.twitter.com/derickmdillard/status/929750648417079296?p=v

Curious, if someone who can access it, has his gofundme total increased?

$2,714.00 as of 2:30pm CT. Definitely a bit more than yesterday. He may get a lot of sympathetic fundies donating. All publicity is good publicity, I guess. I think I'll increase my monthly donations to Planned Parenthood and the ACLU in honor of Derick.

Someone named "Yuza Grifter" donated. LOL! But Derick gets the money no matter what, so he wins in the end.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, cereality said:

So yeah if any one of these needed an office manager or finance manager (which small businesses tend to), Derick could get hired with his state school business degree + 9 months experience. These businesses are not looking for Harvard and Wharton grads with a dozen years experience; they are looking for someone with enough math skills and a degree to manage the books, which Derick can. Now the issue for Derick is -- he's gotten so used to lazying around at home for 3 yrs that a 40 hr a week job where he had to show up by 9 am would kick his ass.

Any construction business, his ass would have to be in the office by 7am.  And he'd have to learn Quick Books, because I believe Walmart has it's own proprietary accounting system that he used when he actually worked.   And he'd be lucky to get $12-$15 per hour and MAYBE benefits, depending on how the company is set up. 

But no doubt, him getting a job would be tough and keeping it would be tougher.  As things stand now, he's nothing but a liability for any company.  

• Love 12

I don't think any company needing to do business with the public would want Derick as an employee with his 'tweeting' history and very vocal opinions about sensitive issues. I agree that Derick would be VERY hard up to find a job in the real world. Only another fundy-like person with a business would hire him at this point. JMHO

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I think I'll increase my monthly donations to Planned Parenthood and the ACLU in honor of Derick.

You can make one in his name. If you can provide a mailing address, PP will send him a thank you card. ?

• Love 15

Oh, yes, I almost forgot...in his earlier post about his financial accountability with the funds he collects...I understood his response to be that IF YOU DONATE MONEY TO HIM, then you get an explanation as to what the money is being used for. I don't think he's putting that out the general public.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I accepted the first transgender person I met without question by going to the clothing rack she was at and helping her pick out stuff while I shopped for myself and she was asking me my opinion of what she should choose. It never occurred to me to treat her with anything but compassion and respect. I grew up in a small, conservative Texas town full of people like Dreck, I had enough sense to realize it was more Christian of me to be kind and accepting than be a judgy bully and not use the right pronouns. Such unkindness felt so unnatural to me. It all came down to how I would want to be treated were I in her shoes. Being openly trans was nowhere near as accepted back then as it is today, and Dreck still can’t wrap his tiny mind around it.

i was raised to treat everyone the same. my parents didnt delineate about race; transgender wasn't even on the map when i was growing up. that all said, as a christian, i would have the same reaction as you did arwen. it about how we treat people, not about whether we agree with their choice.  it wouldn't make my faith any less by showing kindness to someone that may live a life opposite to what i believe in.  

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I don't think any company needing to do business with the public would want Derick as an employee with his 'tweeting' history and very vocal opinions about sensitive issues. I agree that Derick would be VERY hard up to find a job in the real world. Only another fundy-like person with a business would hire him at this point. JMHO

Maybe up north and/or in states that are blue in part -- but in the Bible belt, there are PLENTY of small businesses that'd hire him if he wanted to get off his @$$ and work. I mean look at the Bates sons in law -- they happen to have found work with a fundie metals shop owner, a fundie HVAC business, a fundie plumbing company and then of course Gil owns a fundie tree company. Tennessee isn't politically/demographically different from Arkansas -- these same kinds of businesses exist in Ark.

Does that kid remind anyone of Derick -- in the mouth/lips specifically? I know people have said he looks like Spurgeon -- but honestly this kid is way cuter than Spurge.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

We now have a new drinking game when we watch counting on it is called find Waldo?

Pistol Pete's head looks a lot better then his real one now my mind is in the gutter who has the brain bleach and who is going on the highway to hell train with me?

We could call it “Where’s Wacko?”.

• Love 15

Derick Dillard @derickmdillard

The beauty of the world is that everybody isn’t the same. We are all uniquely made and gifted. Fulfill God’s purpose for your life; realize the abundant life we are all offered, in Jesus Christ.

This posting reads like he's describing Jazz. How does he keep his head from exploding?

When I was 9 and my brother was 7 my mother sat us down and said, "Now children, tonight I will be bringing home a man who will be dressed as a woman. Don't stare." Of course we couldn't help but stare because back then a lot of women dressed like Priscilla Presley with long, black, teased hair and eye-shadow that matched their powder blue pant suits so we really couldn't tell but it has remained, in general, very good advice.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, cereality said:

Maybe up north and/or in states that are blue in part -- but in the Bible belt, there are PLENTY of small businesses that'd hire him if he wanted to get off his @$$ and work. I mean look at the Bates sons in law -- they happen to have found work with a fundie metals shop owner, a fundie HVAC business, a fundie plumbing company and then of course Gil owns a fundie tree company. Tennessee isn't politically/demographically different from Arkansas -- these same kinds of businesses exist in Ark.

Does that kid remind anyone of Derick -- in the mouth/lips specifically? I know people have said he looks like Spurgeon -- but honestly this kid is way cuter than Spurge.

Churches need bookkeepers too. Doesn't he consider this ministry thing a job? Does this year long course get him back in line for an overseas mission? If TLC isn't filming them they can go to any destination in the world and sit on their asses and be a godly example. Put out a release now and then to explain how much good they are doing, beg people to DONATE 100 x the local living expenses and go back to sleep.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, cereality said:

Of course there are jobs.  But the media outings of Derick Dillard's nastiness and cruel, ignorant personal views are a definite drawback to a potential employer.  A small business could shut him up in a back office doing spreadsheets all day with little fanfare, but within a week, his employer and job duties would be public knowledge.  Just one annoyed co-worker makes a quick email to TMZ and there is no privacy anymore for anybody. 

An entire TV network has publicly stated that he is worthless to them and useless as even background material.  PEOPLE magazine helped expose his public bullying of a teenager.  

A small business would have to be incredibly desperate to go anywhere near him, unless somebody buys his way in.  He's made himself a pariah all by himself. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

It’s Arkansas, people would probably hire him because of his Twitter rants against Jazz, let’s be honest. 

Maybe, Maybe not...? 

It's kind of like everywhere else.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4

Being honest, I think many people would be surprised at how many people in Arkansas, the South, and in "red" states in general really do NOT condone his kind of behavior.  Not everybody in these areas is an ignorant redneck, that spews Duggar-style hate.  

It is VERY tough these days for small business owners.  To deliberately align yourself and your livelihood with somebody with such polarizing views is just BEGGING for your customers to start going elsewhere.  And while there are jobs, there are more job-hunters that want short hours for big pay and little responsibility.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 14
Just now, Marigold said:

That was deliberate to be photographed wearing pants (Jill, not Derick).  

In retrospect I really think it was. Jill has seen how much positive attention wearing pants has garnered Jinger and she probably hoped a public showing of her doing the same would create enough benign chatter that people would mostly ignore TLC's announcement about her husband. I do wonder if this was her own idea or if there is a publicist pulling the strings advising her on her media strategy. Add the new pic of Sammy and the Dills really look like they're in damage control mode.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

In retrospect I really think it was. Jill has seen how much positive attention wearing pants has garnered Jinger and she probably hoped a public showing of her doing the same would create enough benign chatter that people would mostly ignore TLC's announcement about her husband. I do wonder if this was her own idea or if there is a publicist pulling the strings advising her on her media strategy. Add the new pic of Sammy and the Dills really look like they're in damage control mode.

Publicist! If they have one, they need to fire him or her, STAT (Not ragging on you OP, for suggesting it. A publicist would be a good idea for them). Any publicist worth their salt would have taken Twitter away from Derick during Jazzgate round one, and had him issue a sincere-sounding apology. And, if they could engineer it, a face-to-face with Jazz or at least a handwritten apology letter. Followed by some legit charity work and then a new job. THEN a pants pic. There are so many Duggar babies that posting a picture of Sam doesn't cut it anymore. You've seen one Duggar kid, you've seen them all.

I know they don't have a publicist or any real friends because their Instagram photos are so damn ugly. A real publicist and a real friend would have sat them down and taught them basics of a good Instagram photo. Anyone between the ages of 15-30 could have advised them better.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

While this is possible, that makes me even more surprised that the next pants-wearer wasn't Jessa, for the following reasons:

1. Positive attention Jinger got wearing pants.

2. Sierra wearing pants.

3. Doing things to attract positive attention to the Duggar brand.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

While this is possible, that makes me even more surprised that the next pants-wearer wasn't Jessa, for the following reasons:

2. Sierra wearing pants.

If they really want to get a huge amount of attention, one of the girls needs to get a pixie-cut.

• Love 18

Jim Bob is probably pissed that Derick let the cat out of the bag. But we all know they are sitting around agreeing with Derick privately.

See, Jim Bob knows what it is like to have a large family, a small house and not much money. So when TLC appeared, Jim Bob happily shut his mouth and made his Duggar brand work for him and the family.  

Derick does not live in reality and never has.  He is a stark raving lunatic. He has no clue what the consequences of getting fired from TLC will actually be like for the Dillard family.  It's all fun and games now to attack Jazz and then play the victim.  In 5 years, no one will remember who the hell Derick Dillard is and his 15 minutes of fame will be long gone. 

Very stupid financial move, Derick. 

• Love 24
6 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

If they really want to get a huge amount of attention, one of the girls needs to get a pixie-cut.

Hmmm, I'm not sure who would look best with a pixie-cut. Maybe Jinger. I think all of the girls could look very cute with shoulder-length wavy hair.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, cereality said:

All babies are cute to me, but Spurgeon is truly the cutest thing I have ever seen. (My own kids excepted, of course. ?)

Edited by Love2dance
Didn’t want to copy Cereality’s word
  • Love 7

Derick, IMO, was finally let go from TLC not for his beliefs, but that he 'tarnished the TLC' brand by insulting another TLC employee and tv program. I believe he violated his contract to do no harm to TLC and their subsidiaries. The network had already put out a statement about Derick's beliefs not necessarily being the beliefs of the network to give DDD a chance to shut up, but he didn't He continued so TLC had no choice, I think.

• Love 18
23 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Oh, please let it be Michelle. Honestly, a Pixie cut would look adorable on Jinger.

Edited by ThinkerBell
Auto-correct is not my friend.
  • Love 7

I'm not siding with anyone, but, I have watched the Duggars (Dillards) and Jazz's show and Jazz is actually much more articulate and knowledgeable about a lot of things than Derick, imo.  Which is amazing, since she's a teen still in high school and I think that Derick graduated from college. And he's a world traveler.  And, he's so close to God and all.  I'd think he would come off better. lol

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/12/tlc-cuts-all-ties-with-derick-dillard-after-more-transphobic-comments-against-jazz-jennings.html

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10
59 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

2. Sierra wearing pants.

Jessa doesn't really like attention that much, though. She wants it in terms of ratings and possibilities of paid speaking gigs, of course, but not enough to deal with any kind of large scale speculation. Wearing pants is a huge change from what her family has always stated was the correct way to dress, and it would drive her nuts to have the internet going on and on about what it must mean that she wears pants now. I think that's why we never saw her in pants after that time in board shorts by the pool (which, I think, was the very first time a Duggar girl wore pants outside the home). If it hadn't been treated as such a big deal, I think she would be publicly wearing pants semi-regularly by now. If she ever does wear pants in public (because I'm convinced they all wear them in private), it will be after so many of the girls wear pants that no one comments on it anymore. 

• Love 6

Truthfully, I agree with a poster above who thought Derick had cut ties with TLC rather than the other way around. Their statement never says they have cut ties, rather that Derick has not participated and that they don’t plan to feature him. That’s not what they said about Josh. 

I think Derick has decided he doesn’t share JBs particular beliefs and that’s why he’s joined his original church’s program. Where  women can wear pants and enjoy music.  Where people can date.  Where his wife doesn’t have to be a brood mare. Now that doesn’t mean Derick isn’t one of those who think every single word in the Bible is literal, rather than a parable. Doesn’t mean he understands that bible verses are to be taken in context and sometimes that changes the entire meaning. 

• Love 11

Derick does share some of the Duggar clan beliefs. He probably does not want to be part of the dog and pony show anymore and decided to act out to get off the show. He is getting attention he craves even if it is bad attention. He is not a happy camper, and reminds me of a two year old who is not getting his way. Of course, I do not know any two years old going on twitter bad mouthing someone because the person did not share his religious or political beliefs, but any port in the Duggar storm. If it quacks like a hypocritical, long winded, ego driven bigot, it walks like a hypocritical long winded ego driven bigot..

Maybe he and Josh can take their act on the road with the wives and children and start the first Duggar Redemption Tour.

15 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Here’s an oral history. 37 pages. He was in an “accounting fraternity”. Never hesitates to mention that his dead dad was a Pistol Pete. 

From the interview linked above:

Derick, you’re in accounting, really a tough curriculum.

What kind of grade point average do you have? Right now I have just over a 3.5. 
   My goal was to have a 4.0 in college, but with band and Pete and all my activities, I wasn’t able to do that, but I’m still trying to keep a good balance in my extracurricular activities and my schoolwork. 

Derick, what hopes and plans do you have for your life after OSU?
   I want to get married and have a family and settle down somewhere and pursue my career. I will probably work somewhere, whether it’s an accounting firm or a company like Wal-Mart or something for a couple years, and then I want to apply to be an FBI agent.

One of my friends told me that the FBI hires a lot of accountants, and I hadn’t really thought about that because you don’t really think about accountants being FBI agents and carrying a gun. 

I mean, it made sense to me especially after I got Pete. I already got a little gun handling experience.  It may be a little different from being Pete, but I think it would be neat to work with them and get to be in law enforcement but also be in accounting.

PS he had a nice face but they really  f'd it up

20171112_220105.png

Edited by ChiCricket
To add pic
  • Love 4

There was a very long and winding learning curve for JB & M about which beliefs to share and which ones to down play. They were very open about not sparing the rod and immediate obedience throughout the early shows and have continued to promote the suppression of women and have never been quiet about abortion or the LGBTQ community. 

The only difference is Derick picked on a particular person. 

• Love 7