Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

But their statement alleges Derick has not participated on the show for several months. Either TLC is lying (no big surprise) or they did not want it out yet. Maybe even negative publicity is good publicity blew up on TLC's PTB. I'm curious about how JB is reacting to his once again falling house of cards.

IIRC when Jon and Kate  +8 Victims fell apart, Jon stated TLC cuts a check in the name of the family. He alleged $25,000 per episode went to the Gosselin family. When Jill and Derelict appeared together (post marriage) they received a check for the Dillard family. Derelict still gets the same cut. @Absolom knows about this stuff. Would you please weigh in? Will the Dillards receive less money if Derick is not on camera?

Edited by SMama
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Jill seems very holier-than-thou to me.  She just may be the one to quit the show in a huff due to the persecution of her husband.

That's exactly what I think will happen.  Good riddance to her too.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

In August, I think, TLC made some sort of statement about how they don't necessarily agree with stuff that individuals who appear on their network say. Maybe at that point they told him to cool it and they thought he had but then he decided to start talking again? 

It's possible that he hasn't been filmed since August since there was nothing to film -- they were filming Joe and Kendra and Joy and Austin.  TLC has hardly shown itself to have any sort of moral core or sense of decency.

TLC may also be cutting back on their Duggar ties -- there's no reason to cut a check to the Dillards and the Seewalds and the Vuolos and the Forsyths and the Joe Duggars. I could see them using the Seewalds and Vuolos as the main focus of the show with "guest appearances" by the other couples when they drop a new baby, or when the next Duggar kidult marries.

• Love 8

God help us if the show ends up with Ben, Jessa, Jeremy and Jinger because they are four of the most boring people on the planet. They have nothing to offer in the real world. Joy Anna will be featured because she is having her first baby, and I am sure she is going to Dr. Jill Phonyian for medical care. Joe just got married, so he is going to be featured.

Now here is some of my favorite Snoopy blah!!! moments in reference to the Duggars:

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

God help us if the show ends up with Ben, Jessa, Jeremy and Jinger because they are four of the most boring people on the planet. They have nothing to offer in the real world. Joy Anna will be featured because she is having her first baby, and I am sure she is going to Dr. Jill Phonyian for medical care. Joe just got married, so he is going to be featured.

Now here is some of my favorite Snoopy blah!!! moments in reference to the Duggars:

Yes, they are super-boring, but I think you're forgetting the other options: Jill? Joy? Joe?

In this family, boring is a feature, not a bug. For whatever reason people keep watching, and they have never been anything but boring.

• Love 8

So it took Derick about 3 years to finish making his bed. Now he's laying in it. The consequences of free hate speech can be harsh. Folks will eventually stop reading his tweets and he won't have anyone to aim his bullshit at. This works.

• Love 14

If a person has a bad case of insomnia, they could watch Benessa and Jerememe aka Babe in order to fall asleep. I personally would rather watch paint dry or the snow melt. In fact, I would rather spend a day with the in-laws than watch the show (yes, this is how desperate I am.) Lucky me because I do not have cable so no TLC for me.

I think all of the Duggars/ Duggars in-law see life from the same hateful, distorted perspective as Derrick. Until one Duggar voice publicly challenges Derrick's hateful spew, I have no reason to think otherwise.

Edited by ThinkerBell
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Agreed. I have no doubt she is as close-minded as he is. Probably more than he is, since he's actually been out in the world, for all the good it's done him. If these people REALLY cared about their ministry, they'd all quit en masse, because they're sharing a network with a girl they believe is - whatever they believe she is. They should really open up that book they all bleat about and read what Jesus had to say about rich people and heaven.

I have a warped sense of respect for him for at least being public with his disgusting beliefs. The others are all hypocrites trying to hide behind a veneer of wholesomeness to hide their bigotry and hatred.

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If a person has a bad case of insomnia, they could watch Benessa and Jerememe aka Babe in order to fall asleep. I personally would rather watch paint dry or the snow melt. In fact, I would rather spend a day with the in-laws than watch the show (yes, this is how desperate I am.) Lucky me because I do not have cable so no TLC for me.

I agree. They - especially Bin and Jessa- are some of the most boring people ever.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I agree. They - especially Bin and Jessa- are some of the most boring people ever.

This might make a game -- who is the most boring? Which of these couples would you least like to watch?

I was going to say Joy and Austin, all day, and then realized that I had actually forgotten Joe and Kendra exist, so I guess I'll have to vote for the latter.

• Love 21

Who would like to be a a fly on wall at the TTH now, wherever Boob is seething? Does anyone think Derelict was in trouble with Boob before the TLC Tweet for damaging the brand? It's not about the apartment, because it's a residential program. One without wives and children, but who cares about rules?

Maybe just me. :)

• Love 10

I guess that settles why they are in the dark, dingy apartment when they started out in a McMansion. Derick isn’t blood so JB isn’t obligated to send him off to some bible jail (aka PR school.) Now the Dullards are stuck begging for handouts. No wonder they’re all so miserable. I wonder if they’re being shunned. (I don’t really follow their social media anymore so I guess I should check out any sisterly coffee outings...)

• Love 8

I do not believe JB is seething. It’s been documented that they asked a crew member to be replaced early in the show  because the crew member was gay. Michelle did robocalls regarding transgender people’s bathroom use.  They believe what Derick believes.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 9

But Clingy Jilly is allegedly Boob's favorite. Could he set aside his favorite kool aid eternally drunk daughter?

I do worry about Israel and Sam, they have two unstable parents. Next of kin to help are grandparents, and they are fucked with Boob, Mullet, and Cathy. Dan, step up and help your nephews, you are an Eagle Scout, and work with the organization. You KNOW what do to do.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, SMama said:

But Clingy Jilly is allegedly Boob's favorite. Could he set aside his favorite kool aid eternally drunk daughter?

I do worry about Israel and Sam, they have two unstable parents. Next of kin to help are grandparents, and they are fucked with Boob, Mullet, and Cathy. Dan, step up and help your nephews, you are an Eagle Scout, and work with the organization. You KNOW what do to do.

If her headship endangered their money train, obviously Jill wasn’t praying for him hard enough. Eventually it will always be her fault, you just have to look at the situation through their fucked up lens. 

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, ariel said:

Can someone give me a link for this?

For TLC's tweet? Embedded so you can see it in all its glory. It's about time TLC did the right thing, particularly since I'm betting Counting On beats Jazz's show in ratings.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 11

Don't check in a few days and Derick is off TLC?? Not that I'm shocked -- he was a nothing anyway and now he's a nothing stirring up drama.

Interesting (though not at all surprising) that not one of the adult married siblings has come out with having their own opinion -- esp. the brothers in law; they were all raised by different parents, some in different parts of the country and yet they've all drank the same exact amount of kool aid. Hell one of them could even say -- Derick and our family is entitled to our religious views but I disagree with my brother in law speaking out against Jazz and her family bc they are entitled to live exactly as they wish -- just as we can practice our faith exactly as we wish -- and they don't need to justify anything to us. Guess being a married adult allows you to get it on nightly and go on those coveted married couples only joint dates, but it does not allow you to have an opinion separate and apart from JB and the rest of the family. Frankly as media and PR saavy as they fancy themselves, do the couples not realize that whichever couple makes this kind of statement is going to get the lion's share of the episodes going forward and thus bigger paychecks?? It isn't in JB and Mullet's hands -- they are barely guests on the show themselves -- it is in TLC's hands.

Interestng strategy by Derick though to bite the hand that feeds him when he also refuses to have a 40 hr week job. I mean reality TV is the perfect job for someone who wants to lay around full time with a few hrs a week of "ministering."

5 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

So, Jill is supporting the family now?

How very progressive of them.

Lol. The Bible says that a man who does not provide for his family is worse than a non believer. Ahem -- before throwing stones at others Derick for their imperfect faith, maybe look within to see if you are doing exactly 100% of what the Bible requires you to be doing . . . .

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I wondered how all these out of state 20-something small-time pastors and youth ministers and such were managing to spend a year attending this scam  school.

And yeah. Turns out if you google cross church school of ministry and gofundme, you pull up a bunch of them. ...

That says to me that this is probably just as much a Cross Church grift as it is the grift of the individual moneyseekers. The church knows that they'll get many more takers for their program if they suggest a way to get it funded without having to save money or sacrifice anything. So they do.

And if they seem to be directing the fundie fundees about how much money to ask for, as has been said, they probably suggest that people ask for the tuition money plus extra money to live on, and maybe pay for "mission" travel and so on. Because if the attendees get enough money to cover anything that might come up then the church is in no danger of falling short of the amount it wants for its "educational services." 

And the church and all its "students" justify this by saying that it's the truest charity of all -- money to teach people how to teach people how to teach even more people how to grift for the correct Jesus. 

Lovely little racket.  By the end of it, I'm sure we'll all be converted. 

So, are we going to contact this church about this racket?  That tv stars are grifting thousands from hardworking people in the name of the lord, and sullying his name in the process?  I wouldn't mind getting in touch with them, for starters. 

• Love 5

Everybody looks uber outdoorsy in that picture, thus I'm betting Jill wouldn't be in leggings if they weren't at a national park clambering around on rocks or something like.  (Which is already a switch from the Duggars, I grant, but not as shocking as it could be.)

• Love 3

Does this mean we won't hear about however that birth went in the next season? I'm thinking no - right? Bc Jilly Muffin can certainly be involved when the sisters are fellowshipping or when she's helping the next sister buy a wedding dress or providing medical care to Joy when she's in labor (cannot believe I just referred to THAT as medical care) bc those things are done without Derick. But I can't imagine how you do a birth episode without Derick -- presumably he was by her side the whole time like Bin was with Jessa for "coaching" purposes so what would they do -- blur him out??

Someone remind me -- that birth was a c section right? But did they try to birth at home anyway and then end up with an emergency c section? I can't imagine Jilly heeded any real doctor's advice re -- if you want to birth naturally after an emergency last time, do it in the hospital where we can monitor you. But it's been long enough that I've blocked out these details.

• Love 5

If they were going to do a birth episode, we’d have seen it already? 

We've already seen Joe and Kendra’s wedding, which was well after the birth. Plus, we haven’t seen Derick and Jill since a couple brief DA videos.  The powers that be ended things with Derick before the Newlywed game episode- that’s probably the actual reason they weren’t on that episode. 

• Love 6

Not gonna lie, I'm more shocked that Jill is wearing pants than I am about Derick being off Counting On. But I wonder if both of these events are in tandem? Once off the show, don't need to keep up the brand so do what you really want to do (i.e., wear pants, tweet mercilessly). 

For all his faults, I don't think Derelict gave two shits about whether Jill wore skirts or pants. Cathy and Deanna wear pants. The only Duggar brother-in-law who seemed to have an opinion about wearing skirts was Austin. I had always thought wearing skirts was all Jill's idea, which was what made it more shocking.

ETA: Like seriously, I would have thought that Jessa would have been the next Duggar female to wear pants, not Jill.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, nightmeri said:

73A8F883-8CED-44DC-9C9A-41284D0A09C4.jpeJill really does wear the pants in the family: financially and literally 

seriously though, I am shocked.  Something truly transformative happened to Jill with Sammy’s birth

Maybe they are hoping to grift something from LLBean?

• Love 5

Jill looks great! So happy to see her in pants! And I like that coat!

Now as for Derick, yes he deserves to be off Counting On. He shouldn't be abusing a minor in any case or someone who has their show on the same network. Editing to add-in: I have friend is trans and I want Derick and people like Derick to leave transpeople alone in any case.  I agree I don't Derick cares if Jill wears pants, and I don't care where they are that is good. 

As  for Jill, being the favorite daughter, in my experience, especially in large families, the favorite usually shifts around from kid to kid. The parents will favor the one who is the most sucessful and doing the best, based on whatever the parents consider successful and doing well. From the Duggar point of view, Joy and Jessa are doing the best right now and probably seen in the most favorable light. (Joe too if Kendra is pregnant.) (Josh may have to work awhile.)

With 19 kids, the show can afford to move on to whoever they want. I don't watch so were Jill and Derick really that much more entertaining than her family?

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Nope. Dull as dishwater and became more and more insufferable with their social media posts that highlighted questionable personal hygiene and questionable parenting and deplorable housekeeping.  Then Derick started sending out Twitter rants harassing Jazz and denying the existence of transgender people.

I accepted the first transgender person I met without question by going to the clothing rack she was at and helping her pick out stuff while I shopped for myself and she was asking me my opinion of what she should choose. It never occurred to me to treat her with anything but compassion and respect. I grew up in a small, conservative Texas town full of people like Dreck, I had enough sense to realize it was more Christian of me to be kind and accepting than be a judgy bully and not use the right pronouns. Such unkindness felt so unnatural to me. It all came down to how I would want to be treated were I in her shoes. Being openly trans was nowhere near as accepted back then as it is today, and Dreck still can’t wrap his tiny mind around it.

You have empathy.  Dreck doesn't.

If Jill is wearing leggings, does that mean she is wearing shoes instead of flip flops?

• Love 7

The problem there is, I don’t think anyone would want to hire him right now. Not even anyone in the Fundie circles. He’s a little too outwardly unhinged. They like to keep their bigotry and hatred wrapped up in a neat, non-threatening package.

• Love 20

I was thinking Derick's original tweet about Jazz was aimed at TLC. Maybe they didn't renegotiate Jill's & Derick's contract or renew it at all. Derick is clueless enough not to realize how offensive it was to bring a child into his anger at TLC.

Of all the Duggars my guess is Jessa is the most angry at Derick. She has been doing everything she can to keep interest in the show and now Derick is openly tarnishing her brand.

I'm not okay with Derick displaying his hate discussing Jazz. If he was discussing the topic of transgender in global terms then I might give him a teensy weensy bit of credit for not being a wholesome poser. Although the Duggars and company being seen as wholesome is a stretch to me. Folks like the Duggars have been using the Bible to display their hate for years.   

• Love 21

I think Jill’s pants are like one of Donald Trump’s wackadoodle tweets — a way to make people focus on something small to divert attention from something big (TLC firing Derrick). I could just see Jim Bob being like “shit, Derrick’s getting fired is gonna tarnish our brand. What can we do to keep people from paying attention? Quick, Michelle, call our daughter... you know, what’s her name, the one in Texas who married the annoying soccer guy... and have her fed ex some of those unchristian garments of sin she keeps flaunting to Jill. I’ll plan a trip to silver dollar city. Bring the camera.”

• Love 22