Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, awaken said:

As much as he may have wanted to part ways with TLC, he sure did love the money!  I think he’s conflicted about wanting to continue to rake in easy cash and keep KJB happy, and his own personal discontent and aimlessness. 

Noooooo, really?!  Who were these given to?  I’m too angry today to read their twatter accounts. 

Twatter accounts? Is that an auto correct or misspelling because it is funny! Dwerp and Cling Queen aka the Twatters!!!

Nah, its not a typo. It's millions of people having some fun. When someone posts something stupid/offensive, etc., they posted it on Twatter. It's very common usage. 

Speaking of these morons, Jill just posted this on IG. I'm not a parent, but why isn't the diaper rash cream out of this kid's reach? That could easily have been ingested, requiring a trip to the ER to pump his stomach. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Apparently to qualify for one of their Blessing Baskets you have to attend a sermon. Very Thanksgiving of them.

Sort of like a timeshare talk. Come listen to our talk about a timeshare=get a knife.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nah, its not a typo. It's millions of people having some fun. When someone posts something stupid/offensive, etc., they posted it on Twatter. It's very common usage. 

Speaking of these morons, Jill just posted this on IG. I'm not a parent, but why isn't the diaper rash cream out of this kid's reach? That could easily have been ingested, requiring a trip to the ER to pump his stomach. 

Plus what is all that junk behind Iz? Looks like random boxes just thrown around.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Who in their right minds uses dish soap to clean hair?  Surely she would try shampoo and conditioner?  I am beyond speechless (even more so that the report card comments I can't think of the appropriate words to say and should be writing in stead of reading this!) 

• Love 7

Yeah, Izzy was overtaken by the Devil and got into the diaper rash medicine just to spite Jill, MANIPULATING her to pay attention to him. 

Dish soap, Jill? Wanna bet she called Mechelle, and that was HER advice? 

• Love 4

As I said, I'm not a parent and have never read the ingredients of a tube of Desitin. :) I'm glad it's less dire than I imagined. I just think stuff like that needs to be in a more secure place. 

Hopefully, if they even HAVE Clorox, it's in a child-proofed location. As much as I love to snark on the parents, I don't wish any of them any harm. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

To be fair, dish soap such as Dawn is commonly used to clean animals caught in oil spills and such. She may have figured it was a more efficient cleanser, and it may well be for certain applications. Though that probably depends on the brand of dish soap they use as well.

I was gonna say, remember the Dawn commercial with the ducks?  Maybe she thought it was the same principle.

• Love 7

Would she even be aware of the Dawn commercials? I think the Dullards have been pretty firm on the No TV rule, including Netflix, Hulu, etc. I think all that's allowed are Arkansas and Oklahoma State sports. 

I think the only way Jill would know would be if there was a YouTube commercial before a sermon she watched on YouTube or something. But even then, no one watches the entire commercial. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

This I cannot actually snark on her about.  When something really greasy is in your hair (like ointment) you have to use something WAY stronger than shampoo.  My sister had a cancerous thing taken off her scalp and had to use a salve and shampoo would not get it out. I told her to use dish soap and it worked like a charm.  By the way, I am a licensed hairdresser.

I bet you're a really cool hairdresser, Natalie. I would go to you. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Jill needs to put the dish soap on his hair when it is DRY, otherwise it won't emulsify nearly as well.  Maybe even rub some baking soda in there with it.  Let it sit for five minutes then rinse with water as hot as Izzy can tolerate. She may have to do it a second time.  Then condition the hell out of his hair because it's gonna be stripped something fierce.

I learned this in the Girl Scouts of all places.  Our troop leader's three year old managed to pull a container of bacon grease off the stove onto her head (keeping a tub of room temperature grease sitting out is a *country* thing people did where I grew up).   They washed her hair with everything they could think of but couldn't put a dent in that oily mess.  All summer long the kid looked like she'd never had a bath in her life.  Finally someone suggested that the hair had to be dry when the dish soap was applied.  That's what made all the difference.  

Just thought I'd share this bit of backwoods wisdom with y'all!   You never know when you might end up with a bucket of bacon grease dumped on your head. 

I hope I never have to put this to the test, but thanks for the tip. I'll file that away somewhere in my mind and hope I can dredge it out if I ever need it! 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, leighdear said:
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Apparently to qualify for one of their Blessing Baskets you have to attend a sermon. Very Thanksgiving of them.

A blessing basket?  Are they giving away babies?

"Spend 90 minutes listening to our sermon, get a free baby!"

• Love 14

I have used dish soap  if I  am out of shampoo. I think the last time I was out of shampoo was as a child, though.  Never heard of the dry idea. The commercials about the ducks show a bath, so I’d have the same clue as Jill.  If she called her Mom, I’m not going to snark on it. I’d have called my Mom for advice on that too.  

I also agree that you can’t perfectly child proof your home.  If so, we’d never cook or prep food.  I do think she will get backlash about the photo because it makes me think of Jason’s fall or Jenni’s(?) staircase bannister accident. 

• Love 4

i would say that this is a cute sort of a "kids will be kids" kind of moment except that Jill has shown an overall obliviousness to her kids, and this doesn't help. She doesn't have 19 kids, she has two, and she can't manage them. Izzy is wandering around in a giant mess with his hair full of diaper cream -- yeah, it's kind of cute, and it's kind of sad, too.

• Love 7

She probably found it the idea on Pinterest. I will admit to looking for cleaning solutions on there myself. 

Long-ago in the days before Pinterest and even Facebook my now 17-year old niece put a jar of Vick’s Salve in her hair. Good times.  

• Love 5

Yeah, my daughter ate a little diaper cream. I called poison control, they said NBD. Also, it tastes so terrible most kids won't ingest more than the first little taste.  I had it in the diaper bag, that's where she got it.

ANd I'm a pretty diligent parent, but those toddlers can be fast and sly. LOL.

My second one got a hold of an ant trap (the palstic dome ones with the little holes all around), and I only realized when I heard him blowing through it like a harmonica. Another call to poison control, another NBD. Not enough poison to hurt anything but ants. Although they did warn me that if he had a peanut allergy, that might be a problem, because the manufacturers sometimes bait them with peanut products.

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 16

I agree it's not a big deal this time.  Izzie is very tall for two so could probably reach it in all the normal places to leave rash cream such as in a basket on the changing table.  It's what the little ones do.  It's nice he put it in his hair which is washable rather than use it as finger paint on the walls or furniture.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AUgirl said:

She probably found it the idea on Pinterest. I will admit to looking for cleaning solutions on there myself. 

Long-ago in the days before Pinterest and even Facebook my now 17-year old niece put a jar of Vick’s Salve in her hair. Good times.  

Totally off topic, but I remember, when I was about five, sleeping over at my friend's house next door, and us getting up early, looking for something to do, and realizing that when you got Vaseline  on the furniture it made it shiny...so we proceeded to make pretty much everything in the bedroom shiny. We thought her mom would appreciate  our hard work...

• Love 18

Good times! I love the Vicks and bacon grease stories. Growing up we had that grease bowl on the counter because you know, at any moment someone may want eggs. I am sure we could hold a contest on the most creative things kids have poured on their head.   I know my brother decorated his hair with gum in several places for good measure and then tried to peanut butter it out.  Perhaps we could look at it as a good sign of a curious mind? I always say my little one is like the velociraptor from Jurassic Park circling the perimeter looking for weaknesses. A curious mind will find trouble where none exists. Of course, because she is my curious child I am hyper vigilant about anticipating trouble. I think Jill does not come across so well because she doesn't strike me as a very aware type of parent. I can chuckle at some of my friends stories of what their kids do because they work really hard at keeping a safe environment. When a kid has mad stealthy ninja skills it game on, all the time.  I know it well. On the other hand, I have a few acquaintances that infuriate me because their kids do things like eat Butt Paste or pick up dog poo because their parents are careless. THAT infuriates me, just knowing that there will be inevitable disaster. When it happens, it's not amusing. I hope Jill falls into the first category but based on what she puts forward, she is more probably the second. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

What I find curious is who is Izzy watching who uses product in their hair? Kids are usually mimicking someone.

Well, pretty much all good Fundie Families use tons of hair product, from toddlerhood on.  They want to make sure that they're a Good Testament To The Lord, as JillR always says, while intoxicating her poor children with hairspray.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I hope I never have to put this to the test, but thanks for the tip. I'll file that away somewhere in my mind and hope I can dredge it out if I ever need it! 

Don't be too sure @Jynnan tonnix .You're going to be a grandma and one day you may get a phone call on this very subject. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Punkadoo said:

Good times! I love the Vicks and bacon grease stories. Growing up we had that grease bowl on the counter because you know, at any moment someone may want eggs. I am sure we could hold a contest on the most creative things kids have poured on their head.   I know my brother decorated his hair with gum in several places for good measure and then tried to peanut butter it out.  Perhaps we could look at it as a good sign of a curious mind? I always say my little one is like the velociraptor from Jurassic Park circling the perimeter looking for weaknesses. A curious mind will find trouble where none exists. Of course, because she is my curious child I am hyper vigilant about anticipating trouble. I think Jill does not come across so well because she doesn't strike me as a very aware type of parent. I can chuckle at some of my friends stories of what their kids do because they work really hard at keeping a safe environment. When a kid has mad stealthy ninja skills it game on, all the time.  I know it well. On the other hand, I have a few acquaintances that infuriate me because their kids do things like eat Butt Paste or pick up dog poo because their parents are careless. THAT infuriates me, just knowing that there will be inevitable disaster. When it happens, it's not amusing. I hope Jill falls into the first category but based on what she puts forward, she is more probably the second. 

THIS IS FANTASTIC

• Love 10

Well, he does still have the tube in his hands. Taking it away should have taken precedence over taking pictures ( lots of taking, eh?)

And they skipped church today, claiming the kids are sick. Maybe Jill was embarrassed that she couldn't get Izzy's hair washed out? With these people, anything is possible. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

And they skipped church today, claiming the kids are sick. Maybe Jill was embarrassed that she couldn't get Izzy's hair washed out?

To be fair, there’s a lot of cold and flu in balmy Houston. I had college football on in the background and in Fayetteville, it was COLD yesterday.  Right now in Houston, the week before Thanksgiving, we had temps in the upper 80s, and it was in the 40s this morning. I’m sure the Dilly kiddos have been subjected to similar temperature fluctuations.  

We also know that Jill has slovenly housekeeping habits, and her house is a festering Petri dish.  I’m not going to fault them for keeping their sick kids at home The immune compromised among us see that as a GOOD thing.  Besides, it’s inconsiderate to subject others to known “cooties”. 

• Love 7

I remembered getting the keys and starting my dad's car. Of course, I also made a lot of long distance phone calls by dialing numbers on the phone. There was the time I got ahold of my parent's checkbook, and getting together with a friend of mine and pretending we were writing out checks to people. We got caught and talk about getting into trouble.

And now I will leave the off topic side of the thread and return to the snarking of Dwerp and Cling Queen already in process.

A look at the living room of the "petri dish." Looks like one of my previous posts was right and that they don't have much storage. Of course, the car is a permanent fixture in the living room unless they have a garage (doubtful if they're in a student couples' apartment, as we suspect). 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

I bet you're a really cool hairdresser, Natalie. I would go to you. 

Thank you!  I haven't done it professionally for years but still do friends hair.  Gotta keep the license though!  Get good prices on product.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, he does still have the tube in his hands. Taking it away should have taken precedence over taking pictures ( lots of taking, eh?)

And they skipped church today, claiming the kids are sick. Maybe Jill was embarrassed that she couldn't get Izzy's hair washed out? With these people, anything is possible. 

This made me laugh!  Based on how THEY go out of the house I suspect they aren't too concerned about a bit of greasy hair or none of the kids (adult and not) would ever leave the house.  

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Cling Queen and Dwerp are probably mad because they have to stay home and take care of their children instead of his mother or one of her sisters. No one around to pass the kiddies off to.

I'm betting Derick went to church.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

This made me laugh!  Based on how THEY go out of the house I suspect they aren't too concerned about a bit of greasy hair or none of the kids (adult and not) would ever leave the house.  

?????? I totally (see what I did there?) forgot to consider the slovenly appearance of Izzy's parents!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

?????? I totally (see what I did there?) forgot to consider the slovenly appearance of Izzy's parents!

HA!  One thing I always think of is how their heads must smell.  One of the things I hated about doing hair was seeing a client who didn't wash their hair often and it stunk to high heaven.  Or the older women who had shampoo/sets and only had their hair washed once a week or every two weeks.  It would take several shampoos to just generate some lather and to make their scalp move.  Unwashed scalps are tight!

• Love 4

I wonder how often the older Duggar girls wash their hair. Jinger's often looks greasy, Jessa and Jill's dry. I think the latter is a combo of lack of good conditioners and about a foot of extraneous length. They referenced dry shampoo in that hair tutorial, so I bet they go several days between washes. Especially Jill.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They referenced dry shampoo in that hair tutorial, so I bet they go several days between washes. Especially Jill.

Jill often looks like she's gone several day without a shower.  I guess she wants to emulate her headship's grooming habits.

• Love 13
22 hours ago, awaken said:

As much as he may have wanted to part ways with TLC, he sure did love the money!  I think he’s conflicted about wanting to continue to rake in easy cash and keep KJB happy, and his own personal discontent and aimlessness. 

I wish they would invest their TLC money in a licensed non religious therapist/marriage counselor .  Neither got what they wanted out of this marriage , Derick wanted a missionary companion and got Jill who can't be a supportive partner  to anyone and JB's  Jilly Muffin expected to be blessed with perfect happiness and a knight in shining armor to populate the world with godly children .  They don't need to divorce , they need to recalibrate  their expectations  and face their problems 

• Love 15

I hate to defend either of these two, but I feel I must. 

1.  I am glad that Jill kept the sick kids at home.  That's an improvement for a family that thought it was ok to bring 20 people to visit Anna and a new baby about 5 minutes after birth.  I think Jill can handle 2 children for a morning while Derick attends church, especially if he had some duty assigned as part of his studies.

2.  There were 22 people including Grandma Mary in that house while Jill was growing up.   Do you really think 22 people could take a bath and wash their hair everyday?   If you grow up thinking its ok to shower or wash your hair a couple times a week, you may continue that in your own home  until someone tells you otherwise.  

• Love 20

Derelict spent two years in Nepal with a very sketchy bathing schedule. I seriously doubt he's as fastidious as someone like hipster Jesus Jeremy. I think Jinjer's generally limp hair comes from straightening product(s). Jinger has worn her hair straight since her marriage, with a few rare exceptions. Austin grew up in a small household, and probably took a shower daily, and Joy may well be doing the same now.

But back to Derelict, since this is their thread, I doubt they bathe everyday, or even every third day, unless there's a special event on the horizon. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Derelict spent two years in Nepal with a very sketchy bathing schedule. I seriously doubt he's as fastidious as someone like hipster Jesus Jeremy. I think Jinjer's generally limp hair comes from straightening product(s). Jinger has worn her hair straight since her marriage, with a few rare exceptions. Austin grew up in a small household, and probably took a shower daily, and Joy may well be doing the same now.

But back to Derelict, since this is their thread, I doubt they bathe everyday, or even every third day, unless there's a special event on the horizon. 

I am of the opinion that many adults with low activity jobs (like office workers) can bathe every 1.5 days (so like morning day 1 and evening day 2) or every other day in cooler weather and be fine (with a sponge bath In the morning and before bed); but every THIRD DAY?!!! Doesn’t that get uncomfortable?!!!

I have seen Derrick look unkempt, but I don’t recall ever thinking Jill looked like she hadn’t bathed. I might not be looking at them closely enough. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

A look at the living room of the "petri dish." Looks like one of my previous posts was right and that they don't have much storage. Of course, the car is a permanent fixture in the living room unless they have a garage (doubtful if they're in a student couples' apartment, as we suspect). 

remember she is doing what she saw when she was growing up in the Tinker toy house because didn't they have all the kids toys in the house and they played with then in the house?