Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I've been watching Mindhunter, a Netflix series about the early days of the FBI's criminal profiling program,  and this character makes me think of You-know-Who. Sorry Derick...he's a perverted child rapist-murderer, not an FBI agent. That must suck for you.

19-devier-zastrow.w710.h473.jpg

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Why is Derrick so threatened by Jazz and her being transgender...how she chooses to live her life does not affect him in any way!? 

Someone else had a great comment about Derick and TLC's break-up being a chicken and egg thing, meaning it's hard to tell if Derick quit and so he could "preach his truth" or if TLC fired him first. I think it's very possible TLC asked him to leave first and then he started going after another star on the same network. I can't prove it, but Derick and Jill (I wrote Jazz by accident) have been a "controversial couple" for a while now. It started when they were asking for donations the first time and people were angrily wondering what their money was doing, as they kept traveling back for a variety of reasons including a Bates wedding?, etc. There have been a lot of questions about what exactly they were doing as missionaries as we well know.  I've noticed on clickbait articles and videos about scandals involving the Duggars Josh's crimes are mentioned first and some things about JB and Michelle and then Derick and Jill. So I think people have been upset with him for a while. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

"...then I want to apply to be an FBI agent.

One of my friends told me that the FBI hires a lot of accountants, and I hadn’t really thought about that because you don’t really think about accountants being FBI agents and carrying a gun. 

I mean, it made sense to me especially after I got Pete. I already got a little gun handling experience.  It may be a little different from being Pete, but I think it would be neat to work with them and get to be in law enforcement but also be in accounting."

Sorry to harp on this, but I don't think Derick was joking about his gun handling experience as Pistol Pete prepared him for using guns as an FBI agent or other law enforcement officer.

I skimmed through the 37-page document and the writer notes when laughing occurred. No laughter noted in the above quote. When I first read this, I thought he was joking too, but what he says after he talks about gun handling experience seems sincere to me. YMMV

• Love 8

Approximately a million years ago, in college, I got involved in a nondenominational Christian cult - kind of like duggars (no dancing, very strict dating rules, super homophobic, & nobody really talked about transgender issues, but they'd have been completely intolerant) & kind of not (pants were ok, and there was probably some racism, but I think it was pretty subtle, & several leaders were minorities).  One day a friend (who was also in the church) came on to me. I had that visceral "lizard brain" response (I was about 20 & very naive) but I'm pretty sure I let her down nicely & told her I wasn't interested in other girls. It would have been mean to do otherwise. I didn't tell anyone; they'd have read me the riot act for not calling out her "sin", & they'd have kicked her out (which frankly would have been the best thing for us both, but like I said, young & naive). That should have been my clue that that group was all wrong for me.  Why can't Dillard do that?

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Dwerp working for the FBI as an agent or an accountant. What happened to the dream? He went into missionary work instead or should I say attempted to do missionary work. What happened between graduating college and hooking up with a Duggar daughter. I know people can change their dreams after leaving college. Sometime happened to Derick around the time the molestation news came out because this is around the time he started going off the deep end. There is no way the FBI would be interested in hiring him now.

What happened -- he married a Duggar girl. The plan was to go on a mission, come back/get married/take up a corporate accounting job. He did all that and then his stage 5 clinger wife could not handle the idea that he was working outside the home [gasp] 40 hrs a week. She was driving him to and from work, showing up to lunch with him many times a week, and I can only imagine calling/texting all day long to where his attention was more on her than his actual work and then complaining 24-7 when he was home about how HARD this life was on her, how lonely she was etc. Jill has worn the pants in that marriage since day 1 -- just like Michelle. At some point he probably starts to realize his FBI dream ain't never going to happen. If she can't handle being a stay home wife 5 min from her family home so he can work a 9-5 job, how will she handle the fact that the FBI sends you off to training (alone -- without your wife) for months; then moves you to wherever they need you -- often DC but it can be any number of other big cities as well where there is a lot of high end financial crime.  I mean if she's this miserable in Arkansas 5 min from home, how will she handle it when he gets a duty station in Miami for 5 yrs and they can only afford to visit Arkansas 2x/yr? At that point he figured, might as well forget the FBI and let this Walmart thing play out as it will. Well it plays out with him being forced to quit/getting fired/getting laid off. And he thinks - well it's for the best bc I need to be home to raise my wife and her family is always talking God anyway and I loved my missionary days, so we'll go do that. And then they go to Central America where he realizes that not only can she not handle being alone for 40 hrs/wk 5 min from home, she also can't stand being outside her habitat bc she is unnerved by falling shower rods and different food in the grocery store -- even when he is with her 24-7 (or 23-7 - maybe he was mission-earing an hr/day). So now he's just thrown his hands up with his life bc he doesn't know how to make his damn wife happy . . . .

In a way I do feel bad for him. If he still had his dad, it might have been different EVEN IF he had married Jilly. He might have had someone in his corner saying -- no the FBI was a lifelong dream for you, apply, and if you happen to get in then you and your wife will work together to make a life for yourself in your duty station; or saying ok -- the FBI is too much, but stick with Walmart son, she will get used to it and in 2 yrs you will get promoted and have more flexibility with your schedule etc. He just may have had an adult male who'd show him that you don't have to give up a dream immediately if a spouse doesn't agree OR that there ARE options besides a life spent sitting on your @$$ trying to collect passive income. Heck he probably could've pointed Derick towards some detective type units in the police department that work on more financial/cyber crimes.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, cereality said:

What happened -- he married a Duggar girl. The plan was to go on a mission, come back/get married/take up a corporate accounting job. He did all that and then his stage 5 clinger wife could not handle the idea that he was working outside the home [gasp] 40 hrs a week. She was driving him to and from work, showing up to lunch with him many times a week, and I can only imagine calling/texting all day long to where his attention was more on her than his actual work and then complaining 24-7 when he was home about how HARD this life was on her, how lonely she was etc. Jill has worn the pants in that marriage since day 1 -- just like Michelle. At some point he probably starts to realize his FBI dream ain't never going to happen. If she can't handle being a stay home wife 5 min from her family home so he can work a 9-5 job, how will she handle the fact that the FBI sends you off to training (alone -- without your wife) for months; then moves you to wherever they need you -- often DC but it can be any number of other big cities as well where there is a lot of high end financial crime.  I mean if she's this miserable in Arkansas 5 min from home, how will she handle it when he gets a duty station in Miami for 5 yrs and they can only afford to visit Arkansas 2x/yr? At that point he figured, might as well forget the FBI and let this Walmart thing play out as it will. Well it plays out with him being forced to quit/getting fired/getting laid off. And he thinks - well it's for the best bc I need to be home to raise my wife and her family is always talking God anyway and I loved my missionary days, so we'll go do that. And then they go to Central America where he realizes that not only can she not handle being alone for 40 hrs/wk 5 min from home, she also can't stand being outside her habitat bc she is unnerved by falling shower rods and different food in the grocery store -- even when he is with her 24-7 (or 23-7 - maybe he was mission-earing an hr/day). So now he's just thrown his hands up with his life bc he doesn't know how to make his damn wife happy . . . .

In a way I do feel bad for him. If he still had his dad, it might have been different EVEN IF he had married Jilly. He might have had someone in his corner saying -- no the FBI was a lifelong dream for you, apply, and if you happen to get in then you and your wife will work together to make a life for yourself in your duty station; or saying ok -- the FBI is too much, but stick with Walmart son, she will get used to it and in 2 yrs you will get promoted and have more flexibility with your schedule etc. He just may have had an adult male who'd show him that you don't have to give up a dream immediately if a spouse doesn't agree OR that there ARE options besides a life spent sitting on your @$$ trying to collect passive income. Heck he probably could've pointed Derick towards some detective type units in the police department that work on more financial/cyber crimes.

This last paragraph is exactly why it pays to get to know a person and what they want out of life before you get married.

• Love 14

When I went out to the MT Law Enforcement Academy to be a crime witness/victim role player (watch a video of an armed robbery or vehicle theft and questioned/interview as a witness/victim by law enforcement students,) the one instructor actually worked for the FBI before retiring and taking the job at the academy. He said he was stationed in Glasgow (high line area in eastern Montana almost in the middle of nowhere.) I would love to see Dwerp and Cling Queen living there. I would laugh for a month or even longer because there is not a snowball chance in heck of Jill or even Dwerp being able to handle small town Montana living especially in a rural farm setting. I also do not think Dwerp would have a snowball chance of getting a job as an agent or even an accountant. Look how fast he went from working a steady 40 a hour week at Walmart to being a lazy know it all, hypocritical bigot within a few years. Nope, the FBI would have chewed him up and spit him back out within minutes.

Edited by bigskygirl

Regarding Derick & the FBI, I think there would be a huge problem with Derick trying to keep his work confidential from clingy Jill.  I also think Derick might have a problem from posting inside information on this Twitter rants.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 7
On 11/12/2017 at 8:45 PM, mynextmistake said:

An accounting fraternity? My God, can you imagine the parties?

Party between the spreadsheets!

Unless Derrick has done something in the last few years to continue his education or keep a toe in the field, being out of the profession this long decreases his chances of getting hired anywhere. 

Accounting is a field that changes and evolves.  Derrick does not seem like the type to keep actively networking either.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, TaxNerd said:

Accounting is a field that changes and evolves.  Derrick does not seem like the type to keep actively networking either.

At this point,I don't think the people Derick previously worked with want to have anything to do with him.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, flyingdi said:

This last paragraph is exactly why it pays to get to know a person and what they want out of life before you get married.

Also why divorce is a good thing. That way when you marry thinking your getting one thing like a missionary loving wife or a husband happy to spend all his time with your family only to learn after the marriage you got something else. You can divorce. There's nothing wrong with realizing you made a mistake in marriage. You can divorce and both move on to find someone else and be happy. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Is he an accountant or have a degree in accounting?

He's not a CPA, if that's what you're asking.  Just an undergrad Accounting degree I believe. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

If he's not a CPA, and doesn't have a forensic accounting degree, and doesn't have real work experience of at least 3 years, the FBI would not be interested, imo. It is interesting to know what his goals were, though. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, ariel said:

Regarding Derick & the FBI, I think there would be a huge problem with Derick trying to keep his work confidential from clingy Jill.  I also think Derick might have a problem from posting inside information on this Twitter rants.

The first problem would be getting in the door. The physical and psych evals  are stringent for entry level LEO jobs, plus they interview neighbors and relatives as character references. 

• Love 5

I find it curious that DDD never mentioned his desire to translate his education and future career goals as having anything to do with law enforcement OR preaching.

He listed them in the past. It's out there, but I forgot where I saw it..I think it was a college interview and/or on LinkedIn.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, heckkitty said:

Approximately a million years ago, in college, I got involved in a nondenominational Christian cult - kind of like duggars (no dancing, very strict dating rules, super homophobic, & nobody really talked about transgender issues, but they'd have been completely intolerant) & kind of not (pants were ok, and there was probably some racism, but I think it was pretty subtle, & several leaders were minorities).  One day a friend (who was also in the church) came on to me. I had that visceral "lizard brain" response (I was about 20 & very naive) but I'm pretty sure I let her down nicely & told her I wasn't interested in other girls. It would have been mean to do otherwise. I didn't tell anyone; they'd have read me the riot act for not calling out her "sin", & they'd have kicked her out (which frankly would have been the best thing for us both, but like I said, young & naive). That should have been my clue that that group was all wrong for me.  Why can't Dillard do that?

Well, I think it's because he's by nature a weak, follower-type person, who seems to have been pretty traumatized by his father's death, too. And so he's a person who's constantly seeking the approval of somebody he can follow with security. And because the people he now feels secure following are saying constantly -- and ordering others to say -- the exact same stuff that he's spouting.

If everyone were as brave and independent as you were at 20 there would never have been any Nazis!

Humans are herd animals by nature and many, probably most, are desperately in need of a herd to follow. So when they find a herd they feel secure in, they follow it, right off a cliff even.

And Derick wants to be a preacher and so he's following right along with what the top preachers he knows are telling everyone they must preach. The conservative fundie leaders have taken the transgender issue as their top concern, and speaking out about it is the way preachers confront things. Derick's falling in line. Because he believes those preachers. They have a direct line to God, in his mind, so why would he not? 

Not everybody is strong and brave and an independent thinker. And kind-of-dim very needy Derick has also had the pins knocked out from under him numerous times over the past few years, too , which is only gonna exacerbate the need-to-follow-my-leader thing, for most people. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Catfin said:

The first problem would be getting in the door. The physical and psych evals  are stringent for entry level LEO jobs, plus they interview neighbors and relatives as character references. 

Could you imagine someone interviewing the Duggars for character references. To be a fly on the wall.

My perfect 10: Boob and TLC forced everyone to sign insanely strict NDAs and Jesus McProverbs over there is deliberately trying to get them to break his contract so he's legally free to write a tell all. 

I know, we're talking about a guy who gets his giggles trying to injure stray cats. I know.

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Could you imagine someone interviewing the Duggars for character references. To be a fly on the wall.

They would likely use all of the adjectives we have come to know and love: precious,  sweet, servant's heart, etc., unless the reference is for someone who has crossed the Duggars. Then they might use some of the words reserved for the true heathens.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

Why is Derrick so threatened by Jazz and her being transgender...how she chooses to live her life does not affect him in any way!? 

Jazz gets more screen time and Derick is jealous as hell about it.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Aja said:

My perfect 10: Boob and TLC forced everyone to sign insanely strict NDAs and Jesus McProverbs over there is deliberately trying to get them to break his contract so he's legally free to write a tell all.

I know, we're talking about a guy who gets his giggles trying to injure stray cats. I know.

In the past I would've said never gonna happen but given the way Derk burned down the TLC house I wouldn't put it past him. He might see it as his 'godly duty' to call the Duggars out on all their hypocrisies, not out of spite of course, but out of christian love (sarcasm fully intended lol)

Edited by lulu69
Autocorrect
  • Love 1

tenor.gif

I just saw the news. I've been studying my ass off (Yo Jill - advancing in nursing TAKES WORK). This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. So Josh and Derrick can't really work anymore, at least reliably. I wonder how man of the married kids woudl like to go back and doit it all diffrently. (Hint - ALL OF THEM).

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

tenor.gif

I just saw the news. I've been studying my ass off (Yo Jill - advancing in nursing TAKES WORK). This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. So Josh and Derrick can't really work anymore, at least reliably. I wonder how man of the married kids woudl like to go back and doit it all diffrently. (Hint - ALL OF THEM).

Good to 'see' you back, @JoanArc!  

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Jazz gets more screen time and Derick is jealous as hell about it.

Also, Jazz gets to live her life as she chooses, and Derick can't live his like he wants, so he's jealous about that, too.

Edited by beckie
corrected a word
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

And because the people he now feels secure following are saying constantly -- and ordering others to say -- the exact same stuff that he's spouting.

This. If you go over to the Duggars family blog, that’s the majority of the comments. The commenters are outraged that Dericks’ free speech rights have been violated. They specifically reference the NFL posters protest( which they don’t support).  They also agree wirh Dericks’  feelings that Jazz has been exploited. There are some that say he should have stated that without being ‘rude’ to Jazz. They pretty much all plan to boycott TLC( which should do wonders for the Duggars ratings). 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Aja said:

Cannot.stop.laughing!

• Love 12
13 hours ago, cereality said:

I really think you may have hit the nail on the head here!!! This makes perfect sense. He had every reason before marriage to think that he needed to make money, and he could count on following his dreams, because Jilly was raised to be the perfect housewife and SAHM. When he found out that was far from the case, suddenly he is expected to be home 24/7 and is very limited in what job he can have. I almost feel bad for him, until I remember that he does have a backbone somewhere in there, and he should use it!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I really think you may have hit the nail on the head here!!! This makes perfect sense. He had every reason before marriage to think that he needed to make money, and he could count on following his dreams, because Jilly was raised to be the perfect housewife and SAHM. When he found out that was far from the case, suddenly he is expected to be home 24/7 and is very limited in what job he can have. I almost feel bad for him, until I remember that he does have a backbone somewhere in there, and he should use it!

I almost feel bad for him until I read his idiotic Twatter preaching. Derick is just exactly where his intellectual curiosity and passion for life has put him.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 23

I must admit that I do have a little issue with people not being able to speak their mind, however, you have to use common sense depending on how you earn your living.  I recall how some conservatives have been dropped from things like their music being played for a tv show, but, I actually felt that was unfair.  I may disagree with what you say, but, defend your right to say it.  However, when your job is with a company that is aligned with producing shows about different kinds of people, you sign up to have an open mind and not trash the other show's star.  If you have an issue with it, then don't appear on their network or take money from them.  If you do, then keep your words honest, but, civil.  Anyone know if some of the Roloffs have been spouting off lately too?  I think they have been making some questionable remarks, but, not about anyone in particular.  I guess that's what the difference is.  

I don't think we'll miss seeing Derick that much.  I mean, they'll just shoot around him, right?  And Jill gets the paycheck.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I must admit that I do have a little issue with people not being able to speak their mind, however, you have to use common sense depending on how you earn your living.  I recall how some conservatives have been dropped from things like their music being played for a tv show, but, I actually felt that was unfair.  I may disagree with what you say, but, defend your right to say it.  However, when your job is with a company that is aligned with producing shows about different kinds of people, you sign up to have an open mind and not trash the other show's star.  If you have an issue with it, then don't appear on their network or take money from them.  If you do, then keep your words honest, but, civil.  Anyone know if some of the Roloffs have been spouting off lately too?  I think they have been making some questionable remarks, but, not about anyone in particular.  I guess that's what the difference is.  

I don't think we'll miss seeing Derick that much.  I mean, they'll just shoot around him, right?  And Jill gets the paycheck.  

I don't miss him or Jill at all.  I noticed he was very absent from Joe's wedding I think this goes back quiet a ways and nope didn't miss him in the least.

• Love 4

New York Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan's famous dictum -- "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts" 

I saw this in an article I was reading and thought this fit the Derwood to a tee.  It's one thing to dislike Jazz, but it's another to say her parents have an agenda to push and they are using her to do so.

That is all.  Carry on.

• Love 14
On 11/9/2017 at 6:53 PM, Marigold said:

i read that Derick is back on Jazz again.

Now what? What did Jazz, a 16 year old who lives in Florida,  possibly do to Derick Dillard?  

Live an authentic life and Dwreck has a case of the jelly's?

• Love 12
On 11/11/2017 at 6:33 AM, toodles said:

Dear PTV friends, 

I'm starting a Gofundme to take a world cruise. I plan to visit Australia and the South Pacific.  $20,000 should do it.  This cruise is very important to my personal enrichment and more importantly, I really want this.

On second thought, make it $30,000 because I won't be working while I'm on my cruise.  I have bills to pay, you know.

When I return from the cruise, I will tell you all about it.  Everyone wins!  

Please tell your friends because I want to book my cruise ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Your friend,

Toodles

Toodles you are going to need trinkets to remember your journey.  I say up it to $40,000.  A newsletter in the form of a tweet will keep us informed of your spiritual journey.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Toodles you are going to need trinkets to remember your journey.  I say up it to $40,000.  A newsletter in the form of a tweet will keep us informed of your spiritual journey.

Good point.  Let's make it $40k.  I need a suite.  I can't just take any cruise ship cabin.  I'm not on Twitter, but I'll will keep everyone up to date.  I will also drink several umbrella drinks in your honor.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 12
On 11/11/2017 at 5:42 PM, farmgal4 said:

That's exactly what I think will happen.  Good riddance to her too.

If they are going to stay true to their beliefs, Derek should be the one supporting his family.  Not having helpmeet do it.  I mean does she have to do everything?  Birth babies, make horrible looking food, keep house, be meek and gaze adoringly at her headship and NOW she has to add money maker to the list?  I don't think one can really make a living getting into twatter feuds and interpretive dancing for Jesus.  If so, it seems MUCH easier than doing what I do for 40 hrs.    

• Love 11

Technically Clingy Jilly has been the main bread winner in their home. I'm sure Picasso Face made a decent salary at W@lmart, but not enough to afford their travels. I do agree Derelict better get off his ass and support his family. It's the Christian thing to do.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 8

The Dwerp FBI discussion reminds me the Everyone Loves Raymond episode where Robert has an interview for a FBI job. Marie tries to miss up his chances because she is scared he could get hurt in the line of duty. In the case of Deary Derrick, Jill and possibly JB would do things to miss up Dwerp Boy's chances of getting past the first interview.

So he has quit the show (still don't know if it was TLC or the Dullards), moved out of Boob's housing program into a small apartment and is now unfiltered. I wish all the kids would do this. He still needs to take full command of Jill's software updates, but it's a work in progress and the last update included 'pants wearing'. 

Still don't like the grifting, but it looks like he is planning on making this his way of life. Swinging in a hammock in cheap, but exotic locations, living on American dollar bills. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

He also thought he had a future wife with future plans to be a midwife. I don't think he planned on carrying the load of supporting a large family on his own. He grew up with a working mom too.

• Love 8
On 11/12/2017 at 0:40 PM, bigskygirl said:

Donate $50.00 and get a personalized thank you video. Seriously! How about donate $50.00 and we never see or hear Dwerp and Cling Queen again. Now that is something I am willing to donate a few bucks for.

Do we get to CHOOSE what is in this personalized video?  As in are they taking requests?  I would like to request him singing 'Born This Way' while twerking.  I will throw him $50 for that.

• Love 22
19 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

So he has quit the show (still don't know if it was TLC or the Dullards), moved out of Boob's housing program into a small apartment and is now unfiltered. I wish all the kids would do this. He still needs to take full command of Jill's software updates, but it's a work in progress and the last update included 'pants wearing'. 

Still don't like the grifting, but it looks like he is planning on making this his way of life. Swinging in a hammock in cheap, but exotic locations, living on American dollar bills. 

I almost wonder if Derrick got himself thrown off of the show to (perhaps subconsciously) stick it to JimBob. He realized for all of JB and Michelle's rantings about cleaving and leaving and husbands being the headships, JB wanted the sons-in-laws and married sons to be under his thumb. Eventually it was too much for Derrick (particularly when he saw what an awful headship JB had been with respect to the Josh situation) and he decided they'd missioncation in Danger America. Yet the show kept them tied to the Duggar parents (and I suspect, especially to JB, who probably acted as the kids' agent or manager or something that got him a piece of the pie once "Counting On" started).  

The Duggars all know better now than to publicly express their hateful thoughts so much so the family can keep their bottom line.  JB probably told everyone to cool down on spewing hate towards LGBT people publicly. Derrick probably wanted to stick it to JB, exercise some power to show he was his own man (and JB wasn't HIS headship, he is the headship himself), and could still be viewed as being righteous or even holier-than-JimBob....because he was willing to speak up for his beliefs while the others won't as long as they get a TLC paycheck.  (I hope my rambling makes sense.)  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 16
On 11/12/2017 at 4:02 PM, madpsych78 said:

Hmmm, I'm not sure who would look best with a pixie-cut. Maybe Jinger. I think all of the girls could look very cute with shoulder-length wavy hair.

I am thinking Jinger.  She has a round face a lot like my mother in law (from Poland) and there is a pic of her in 1969 at about the same age Jinger is now and it looked darling.  

• Love 2

I feel both Derick and Jill married a dating profile. But in their cases I believe they thought they were who they were saying they were. It seems even with Derick's college experience and missioncation in Nepal he too was sheltered by nature and nurture. IRL, Jill & Derick would have met, dated for a year or two and grown together or grown apart as they figured out who they are. They must be so confused because I don't think they can see the full picture. I'm guessing they imagined walking the trails of Nepal as Jill delivered babies while Derick converted the husbands. Now they're living in off campus housing clinging to each other, neither an independent midwife nor a strong missionary man in sight. I wonder when they'll notice?

(3 they weres in one sentence, hmm)

• Love 22

Just out of curiosity, I googled "average hourly pay for a Walmart accounting clerk" and came up with this.....

Average Walmart hourly pay ranges from approximately $9.86 per hour for Accounts Receivable Clerk to $24.76 per hour for Senior Internal Auditor. Salary information comes from 610 data points collected directly from employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 12 months.

Walmart Accounting Salaries in the United States | Indeed.com

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Walmart/salaries?job_category=accounting

I figure he was making maybe $15 per hour at the most, even with mommy's help getting him in, because he had a B.S.   He was never going to be supporting a large family on that pay solely, so he was a total loser from day one.  

• Love 3