Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Cute picture of the kiddos. Izzy looks happier than he usually does and Sam does the "eye thing" letting us know how he really feels.   I think Iz is gonna do what he can to protect Sam, especially when dealing with their crazy parents. 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

At first I totally thought that was Jilly sitting to his left, but then I realized my mistake - she would've been sitting on his lap.

But this begs the question...who took this picture?  It had to have been Jill, right?  So what is she doing, sitting on the floor behind him watching him play "law student?"  I don't get this.  If I am a student in this class, I would NOT be okay with someone's spouse taking my picture just because I drew the short straw and ended up sitting next to Dillweed.  This is so weird.  It's like his mommy tagged along to his first day of kindergarten to snap a pic of him playing with the other kids.

The girls hair is too well groomed. 

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

It was definitely Jill. It looks like the lecture was in progress, so it wouldn't have been another student. Also, judging by the angle it looks like she was standing up, as opposed to snapping a picture from wherever she was sitting. How rude and distracting to the professor. Should we take bets on how long it will be before Derick is told he can no longer bring her to class? 

That was the first thing I thought as well. Of course Jill took the picture, but I think the even worse part is that the lecture was obviously underway. If she'd taken a picture before class, it would be one thing, but I can't imagine this being welcome in any classroom environment, unless maybe Jill got a job as head of PR for the law school (lol!). I can't imagine professors taking kindly to a random wife taking pics of her husband in class for Instagram. This just shows how seriously Derick is taking law school!

• Love 20
29 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

That was the first thing I thought as well. Of course Jill took the picture, but I think the even worse part is that the lecture was obviously underway. If she'd taken a picture before class, it would be one thing, but I can't imagine this being welcome in any classroom environment, unless maybe Jill got a job as head of PR for the law school (lol!). I can't imagine professors taking kindly to a random wife taking pics of her husband in class for Instagram. This just shows how seriously Derick is taking law school!

Good lord, he's been in school barely a month and she's already posted around a dozen pics of him there.  Maybe she realizes he isn't going to make it over the long haul so she needs to document it while she can.  Otherwise, perhaps she needs to slow down and pace herself.

It has been many, many years since I attended professional school and, somehow, I was remiss in that I have not a single photo of myself sitting in class taking notes.  We didn't have camera phones back then, just cameras, but I foolishly never brought mine to class.  We did have a couple of people who attended classes with their spouse, however, in the 3 cases I can think of, both husband and wife were actual students in the class.  One couple almost never sat together cuz the wife said she spent enough time with him at home and needed her space. Imagine that!  I'm sure Jilly can't.

The only time I remember family members in class was one of the guys in my class who was older, around 40.  He actually was a lawyer and practiced law prior to going to med school.  He brought his two preteen kids to class with him one day because his wife had an important meeting at her job and the kids were off school and the usual babysitter couldn't do it.  They sat in the back, reading books, the whole day.  BTW, I know nothing about the guy's legal skills, but he was a mediocre med student and resident, he was actually released from his residency after a couple of years due to lack of ability.  That almost never happens.

• Love 14

Those pictures in class were on the University’s Facebook page. Although Jill taking them makes for a better story!!

5 minutes ago, graefin said:

Where is @ginger90? Jill has a "new" green bean recipe posted. 

Here ?

Spectacular Sautéed Green Beans Recipe

Sep 20, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

These green beans have been a Duggar family favorite for a long time now! I load up on the garlic (good for you and tastes delicious!). When making a “Duggar sized” batch we use a 5lb. bag of frozen green beans from Sam’s club. These green beans are sure to get compliments! Our boys love them too!

2  (12 oz. bags) frozen green beans, or about 4 cups fresh green beans (ends removed)

1 T. olive oil

2 garlic cloves (or more!)

3 T. Bragg Liquid Aminos, tamari or soy sauce

Heat oil, garlic, and Bragg’s in saucepan; add green beans. Sauté until beans are tender (about 15 min. from frozen, or 7 min. from fresh).

Recipe originally from “The Two Sisters” Cookbook

19350605-7D53-4732-AFEE-2E6CE31384DC.jpeg

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Those pictures in class were on the University’s Facebook page. Although Jill taking them makes for a better story!!

Here ?

These green beans have been a Duggar family favorite for a long time now! I load up on the garlic (good for you and tastes delicious!). When making a “Duggar sized” batch we use a 5lb. bag of frozen green beans from Sam’s club. These green beans are sure to get compliments! Our boys love them too!

2  (12 oz. bags) frozen green beans, or about 4 cups fresh green beans (ends removed)

1 T. olive oil

Heat oil, garlic, and Bragg’s in saucepan; add green beans. Sauté until beans are tender (about 15 min. from frozen, or 7 min. from fresh).

Again, she overloads on the liquid smoke. The thought of three tablespoons makes me gag. 

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Here ?

1 T. olive oil

I knew we could count on you! ?

I like how in typical Jill fashion, she doesn't specify what to do with the garlic other than to heat it with the other ingredients in the pan. I assume based on the photo that one is to mince it beforehand.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, lascuba said:

Her reaction at the time of the shower caddy falling is understandable if not at all reasonable, Her still crying about it several months later, and worse, using that as an example of how dangerous her living conditions were, are not. She and Derick still insist on this narrative that they were trying to save this dangerous hellhole. That's both arrogant and racist as fuck. And if that shower caddy falling is still the most dangerous and frightening thing that ever happened to her there? She's also mind-numbingly stupid and I genuinely hope she still has nightmares about it.

Shower caddy to Jill: "yeah I made it up. Why so serious?"

• Love 7

Do they really need two bags of green beans? That's probably what my family would make, but we are four adults, and would probably have leftovers. Izzy and sam can't possibly be eating much, can they? It makes no sense...5 bags for 21+ people, 2 bags for two adults and two toddlers. I really don't understand! Jill can't have much money coming in...you'd think she'd have learned how to downsize her grocery bill by only buying what they'll eat.

ETA: I guess she could make the whole thing and eat leftovers for days, but why would anyone voluntarily do that (unless they had a busy work life and didn't get home until late)? As a single person, one of the things I hate is having to eat leftovers over and over. Why would anyone choose that when they don't have to?

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 5

I briefly dated a guy in grad school. I had a big presentation to do and I told him I was nervous about it. He volunteered to attend the class (maybe 20 people). Oh hellz no. Then he insisted he was going to show up. NONONO.

He stood outside the fucking door the whole time.

I dumped his ass.

So back to Derrick and Jill...they ain’t right.

BARE SHOULDERS, Jill!!! Better keep that boy sandwiched up or who knows what that brazen whore might tempt him to do!!!

Again...Ain't right. Times a trillion.

• Love 23

It boggles my mind that she defaults to soy sauce/liquid aminos in practically everything she makes. Not only do all Duggars have to be the same, all food they eat has to taste the same and be the same color.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well I guess anyone can make him a sandwich. ? But he's sitting between two females, unchaperoned. How are Jill, Michelle and JB going to feel about this?

I was wondering if he had twitter open on his computer.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

here is the link to the original recipehttp://2sistersrecipes.com/sauteed-green-beans-with-onions/ boy it's totally different.

I'm pretty sure that not the same "Two Sisters" Jill is referring to. I'll see if I can find the book she means.

This is it: https://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Two-Sisters-Approach-Slimness/dp/0970156308. Jill references it in the "Voeller Salad Dressing" recipe that she also posted.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

ETA: I guess she could make the whole thing and eat leftovers for days, but why would anyone voluntarily do that (unless they had a busy work life and didn't get home until late)? As a single person, one of the things I hate is having to eat leftovers over and over. Why would anyone choose that when they don't have to?

Because Jill is hanging out in Derick's classes all day and doesn't have time to cook?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I just wanted to apologize for not stating the source of the pictures  of sandwiches,  and Derick in the class, in my original post.

Was it Jill? Please tell me she’s not really going to class with him this frequently. 

1 minute ago, Trillium said:

Was it Jill? Please tell me she’s not really going to class with him this frequently. 

No, the pics came from the school's FB page. We can't hang this one on Jilly Muffin, as much as we would like to.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Because Jill is hanging out in Derick's classes all day and doesn't have time to cook?

HAHAHAHAHA you are so right!!! Most of us desperately wish we could work less or not at all so we'd have time for things like cooking (or those who are passionate about work probably at least wish there were magically more hours in the day to get everything done), but Jill has all this free time and squanders it! I've said it before, but I wish these girls had had to work before. There are a lot of good things to learn from working, even if you eventually quit to become a stay-at-home parent. My mom had a great corporate career before staying home with us, and she had such a great perspective. If these girls had had a job, they would really appreciate the fact that they have TIME now to cook, and do so many of the other things they take for granted. I recently quit a job where I was being bullied (and I don't use that term lightly), and am currently starting to look for a job. This isn't the very best circumstance ever, but I appreciate my free time soooo much while I have it! When I cook, I make the very best quality food I can, because time is a luxury I normally wish I had. When I do chores, I am thankful that I'm not having to spend my entire weekend, my little free time, doing them.  Recently I decided to deep clean one room in my apartment a day until they were done, because when else am I going to have the time to do it? When I go out with a friend, I feel so thankful that I don't have to get up for work in the morning, and don't lose out on sleep. Now, I know it would be harder with kids in the mix, but regardless, you have more time to complete these tasks if you are home all day, even with kids, because you're physically there! What I miss least of all is the intense pressure to perform, and I am praying for a reasonable boss next time around. I know this time is temporary (though if I meet Mr. Right tomorrow and he wants to support me, I wouldn't complain! ?) and hopefully I will have a job soon, so I am enjoying this rare period of my life where I have a lot of free time as much as I can, and trying to feel thankful for the simple pleasures I've gained instead of resentful about the situation. I really feel that if the Duggar girls had worked any job, they would appreciate the gift of staying home so much more! Their parents are doing them a huge disservice by not allowing them to work, because there are certain perks of staying home that you still get even while raising your younger siblings. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I thought the Braggs aminos substituted for soy sauce not liquid smoke.  On my Instant Pot sites they substitute aminos when people have issues with soy sauce.  

Yeah, I think it's because regular soy sauce has gluten, so a lot of people substitute either the liquid aminos or tamari. Three tablespoons does sound like a lot, but on the other hand, with that amount of beans, most of it would end up just dripping though and ending up in the pot/on the plate, so unless you are one who licks the plate (as, to be fair, we have seen that Duggars are not above doing), you probably wouldn't be ingesting all that much.

I'd actually eat this - I used to cook green beans (though I used fresh ones) for my mother-in-law a similar way when she visited us. We had noticed that she actually ate the green beans from a Chinese buffet place she liked to go to, despite her despising pretty much every vegetable other than broccoli, which didn't agree with her. She hated them any other way, but would eat them lightly steamed, then quickly sauteed in sesame oil with some garlic and soy sauce.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here ?

1 T. olive oil

The beans! They’re actually green!

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Yeah, I think it's because regular soy sauce has gluten, so a lot of people substitute either the liquid aminos or tamari. Three tablespoons does sound like a lot, but on the other hand, with that amount of beans, most of it would end up just dripping though and ending up in the pot/on the plate, so unless you are one who licks the plate (as, to be fair, we have seen that Duggars are not above doing), you probably wouldn't be ingesting all that much.

I'd actually eat this - I used to cook green beans (though I used fresh ones) for my mother-in-law a similar way when she visited us. We had noticed that she actually ate the green beans from a Chinese buffet place she liked to go to, despite her despising pretty much every vegetable other than broccoli, which didn't agree with her. She hated them any other way, but would eat them lightly steamed, then quickly sauteed in sesame oil with some garlic and soy sauce.

fried green beans and garlic are like crack, lol.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I just wanted to apologize for not stating the source of the pictures  of sandwiches,  and Derick in the class, in my original post.

The funny thing is, Jill would absolutely do this sort of thing, which is why we all assumed the pictures were from their Instagrams and not the school's FB page. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I'm stunned that Jilly knows about green vegetables, much less eats them.  

Don't get too excited now. The only one she's demonstrated working knowledge (if we can call it that) of is green beans ?

• Love 8

There was a really good Chinese restaurant where I went to school that had Szechuan Green Beans. Similar to the recipe Jilly posted, but with more ingredients.. When made properly they are amazing and I could probably eat enough servings for 3 people myself. Here's another recipe for them too (there are tons of different versions, but the basic ingredients stay the same and it's easy to play around with them). 

Jill always seems *so close* in her recipes sometimes. She needs to go out to real restaurants and not just American Chains and try some good food. Then she will know what thing should taste like and her recipes could improve. There's more to food than garlic and liquid smoke. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I just buy gluten-free soy sauce.  Problem solved.

Same here.  Just bought some a couple of days ago, for stir-fry.  Works for me.

Some of the beans in Jilly's pic look overdone and brown.  

My MIL used liquid smoke in the 70's.  I've never bought, or used it.  I don't even remember what it tasted like.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well I guess anyone can make him a sandwich. ? But he's sitting between two females, unchaperoned. How are Jill, Michelle and JB going to feel about this?

Idk, but Jill will have a meltdown of epic proportions.   She’s gonna want to tag along even more now.

And it’s begun with her friggin hashtags..

#forevermine  ??    Umm, yeah.   No one else wants him, I promise. 

• Love 23