Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think Cathy's IG profile pic is of Israel. That face is Derelict pre-face mashup. No braces, either. He had the procedure when Izzy was about two weeks old. Eeally bad timing for Jill since Izzy was so tardy to the party, but I guess you can't just up and reschedule major surgery. 

Actually you can reschedule major surgery very easily. It happens all the time. 

• Love 4

I think due to the fact that he had to have multiple procedures, it might not have been so easy. At any rate, he had the surgery when Izzy was just a couple of weeks old. Poor Jill. I hope she had lots of food delivered to her door in addition to whatever Derelict could choke down on his liquid diet. IIRC, they wired his jaw shut for a pretty substantial period of time.  

• Love 2

We should email the network execs and insist that the 'Derick's Busted Face' storyline be resolved ASAP. And PROPERLY!

Send him to LA's top TV plastics guys and get it sorted out and, uh, have them try to make him hot.

I can't take the work in progress Picasso face any longer. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, cereality said:

Haven't followed this discussion fully but why are we assuming that Derick and Jill are surviving on donated food or hinting they need food donations? Isn't it fairly standard if you're part of a faith based "community" that people will bring you dinners for a little while after you give birth? And even if that isn't the case, these people are making TLC money -- surely they can afford take out for a few weeks until Jill resumes cooking.

If the poster above is right and Derick has been told he's allergic to dairy -- why eat pizza!?

Can you perhaps get dairy-free cheese on pizza at Domino's? You can at some places here but I have no idea if Domino's is one. Then again, he married into the Duggar family, so he probably just prays harder and eats the dairy.

I haven't seen any sign (not that I'm looking that hard) that they're surviving on donations or hinting about donations beyond the Instagram captions.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Nysha said:

Since he's just been diagnosed, he probably hasn't eliminated his favorite dairy products so he's still having issues and isn't thinking about what he's eating. In a year or so, when he's eliminated all dairy and symptom-free, he'll give more thought to whether the joy of pizza is worth being sick.

Totally agree. 

I'm actually like Derick. I had blood work run and I showed up with a dairy allergy (which would explain eczema as a child, ear infections, back pain). Never had any reaction and I always thought I felt fine. I followed my doctor's advice and went off dairy. I feel MUCH better. It's been 5 years.  That's why I noticed the pizza! 

Derick doesn't look well, lost weight and has stated repeatedly he is looking for the solution to his "gagging problem"  also known as "puking on camera".  ;)

Derick, maybe address that dairy issue and see if things improve!!!!  

(obviously I don't have his medical details & it's just an instagram post but it jumped out at me...yet again we appear to see the Dillards floundering around with health situations and then puzzled when things don't work out)

• Love 9
4 hours ago, dorcastrilling said:

I deliver for Domino's to make extra money and have secondary health insurance. The delivery charge is a corporate thing and the driver doesn't get a cent of it. Drivers are paid the same as servers. Being single income and undergoing radiation on and off I depend on the money. Please tip your driver. This has been a public service announcement.

You are appreciated, and I do tip delivery.  Mr. Xword delivered pizza in the 70's, when we were in college.  The only tips he usually got were from drunks.  It's not an easy job dealing with rude & stingy people, not to mention having to drive around in nasty weather.

• Love 10
(edited)
13 hours ago, McManda said:

Unfortunately it seems to be a trend and with all the gift cards on the wedding registries one starts to make assumptions that extend into "this is their life" and not "this is how they are currently coping

No, it's the years of begging for help and non-work that do that.

5 hours ago, dorcastrilling said:

I deliver for Domino's to make extra money and have secondary health insurance. The delivery charge is a corporate thing and the driver doesn't get a cent of it. Drivers are paid the same as servers. Being single income and undergoing radiation on and off I depend on the money. Please tip your driver. This has been a public service announcement.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't tip at all. It's just the Duggars idea of a tip is a million dollar tract. They don't tip and exploit things like kids eat free. Try using fake religious papers to pay for your chemo!

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Has Derick said anything about not eating pork?  

Not that I've seen.  I think the pork thing is something Jim Bob chose for his family years ago.  Derick and Jill don't seem to be following that rule, which makes sense because they're now their own family and can choose for themselves.  Maybe they both thought it was a silly restriction. 

Also, pork is delicious. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think eating in the car is odd, not crazy, but odd. The only time I eat in the car is when I'm on the run. In between errands, maybe while waiting for a prescription to be filled and while traveling.  Other than that I eat in the house or a restaurant. 

They very well could be at the pharmacy or waiting to pick up a sibling or something. Something that makes total sense. But one might think they hashtag that at well.

#hangry #careating #Dominos

I am not a car eater and I don't think its crazy or odd EXCEPT for a greasy box of pizza.  I admit I sometimes do get Dominos because my city has some pretty awful delivery options and they are better than anything else I could get for less then $30 (the one I want is 10 miles away and wants a $75 min order!).  THAT said, that grease seeps through the box so no, not in a car, not with that on my lap, not with toppings that can fall off and get in car crevices or stain my clothes.  But the Duggars do everything a little differently.  So do the Dillards apparently.  I know Jill can't help it and I can't explain it but she bugs me on sight.  Maybe its the sanctimonious seeping out.  

• Love 7

How many pages of this forum have been used to snark on pizza? Lawdy have mercy!

Typical tacky Dillard posting, par for the course.  What stuck in my craw was we almost end up assuming they grifted the gift card.  They have a history of doing things like this.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Looks like she is wearing the same shirt she was in the #datenight #dominos #gimmefreestuff picture.  

I have to say it bugs me that they have an army of helpmeets at the TTH and Derrik seems to be in control of his arms and legs.  Can't HE make some freaking food?  They make it sound like Jill holding/feeding Samuel renders him paralyzed.

I'm not even a mom, much less a single mom, but wouldn't this be an insulting smack in the face to single parents? I bet a single mom struggling to deal with a newborn infant and toddler, who lives in poverty and doesn't have DONATIONS out the wazoo, would love to have an extra pair of hands around to make a simple dinner. Derrick is so useless. Why doesn't he get a job if he can't cook, clean, or do any kind of household work? Who needs two stay at home parents?

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 20
(edited)
17 hours ago, queenanne said:

Well, Google tells me that the prohibition against pork is, surprise surprise, more Bill Gothard mental maggotry (which the site points out isn't even Biblical):

To illustrate this difference, let’s consider Gothard’s teaching on pork. Gothard has often taught that Christians should keep the Mosaic Law (or at least certain portions of it that he has selected). One example of this is Gothard’s teaching that Christians shouldn’t eat pork. Gothard would refer to such a lifestyle choice as a “higher standard,” when in reality, this “higher standard” was abrogated by the New Covenant (Acts 10:9-16; Colossians 2:16-17). Believers are under the New Covenant, not the law, so any decision to follow the law is a matter of personal choice. Stating that all Christians must follow one man’s preference on certain aspects of the law is legalism. Our focus is to be on Christ, not man-made standards.

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2012/01/a-response-to-bill-gothard/

Also a freebie from the same source, about myriad questions of why the Duggars barely dare step a toe outside of their own houses, why they think the weaksauce outreach Derick and Jill do is real missionarying, and why the Duggars won't attempt to do anything to change society in any realistic way:

Gothard preaches isolation and separation from the world. Because of this mindset, many former ATI students were not only ill-equipped to speak to a lost person, but were also discouraged from doing so lest the “world” rub off on them. Their only form of evangelism was supposed to be the brightness of their countenance and their high standards, in hopes others would notice and inquire about what made them different.

Wow. Thank you, @queenanne, for finding and reporting this. The bolded quote resonates with me in relation to Jill's wanting to be a missionary. I already knew that her parents viewed their TV show as a "ministry" with which they were blessing the world. Now that I see what Gothard teaches about evangelism (spreading the Word), I can only wonder what was going through Jill's mind when she and Derick were courting and they were yakking about being missionaries. I suppose she really did envision that she would just show up in some place "overseas" and people would flock to her and ask her to explain Jesus, and then there would be souls saved, rainbows, unicorns, and lots of money from TLC and People magazine.

We've seen how that's worked out for her. Instead of walking among the foreign heathen who are attracted to her bright countenance and high standards, she's hunkered down when in Danger America, in a house provided by SOS Ministries in a gated guarded compound. Where the guards turn away people who come to see the celebrities (Dillards). 

Edited by Jeeves
$*$^#&# formatting . . . gah
  • Love 11
(edited)
21 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Explicit pork!

I have no problem with the pork, it's the #nofilter that bugs me.  I thought #nofilter was used for, say, beautiful sunsets or gorgeous flowers or stunning nature scenes...not a plate of ribs and some oily salad.  I also don't get the "yourewelcome."  As if we can't all make our own plate of meat and therefore have to sigh wistfully at his?  Did he get a ton of comments from people asking about the ribs or something?  I don't get it.  Either Dreck is doing it wrong, or I am.  I'd like to think it's not me.

Also, who cooked these?  Does Heavy D even know how to operate a grill?  Maybe Jana took a break from making homemade pizza with the lost girls and whipped up some BBQ for the parents of her latest charge nephew. 

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 11

The dinner plate in front of Jill is awkward. Is it photo shopped in? Doesn't look like she's holding it. Also, Samuel's lower half is hidden 'behind' that plate of ribs. How can Jill eat RIBS while holding Sam like that? Something's  'off' with this picture.

My son is a server at a restaurant. He says when he's tipped a religious track instead of a real tip, it can seriously throw off his entire shift and he makes very little money that day. He states: How do these people know if I'm religious and believe in God or not? I believe in God and have a Christian religion..so, to me, the track is useless...they can include the track with the traditional tip, but choose NOT TO.

• Love 7

If any of these grifters, including Jill and Mr. Don't Wanna Cook, EVER left anyone any kind of tip, I would be dumbfounded.  Honestly.

I think it's "totally, like," their sense of entitlement, what with being God's chosen, and all.  

Do the Duggars EVER spread the wealth, so to speak, when there is no photo op or magazine article, or TLC score, in it for them?  I think not.  

• Love 1

I don't get Derick's retainer.  Is it permanent?  All the upper retainers I've ever seen have to be removed for eating, but he doesn't apparently do so.  Seems like he'd be breaking it every other day.  Plus it would be gross.  

11 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I don't get Derick's retainer.  Is it permanent?  All the upper retainers I've ever seen have to be removed for eating, but he doesn't apparently do so.  Seems like he'd be breaking it every other day.  Plus it would be gross.  

My daughter's could not be removed.  It was in for many years so he has my sympathy.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

looks like braces still, to me. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

My daughter's could not be removed.  It was in for many years so he has my sympathy.  

Sorry.  I stopped wearing mine in my 20s.  My kids had permanent retainers on the bottom, but not on top.  Or maybe it's still braces, like Zoomama said.  I hope I didn't offend, Jellybeans.  

(edited)
39 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Normally, it wouldn't bother me for friends and family to drop off food to a couple with a new baby, but with these two it just grates. Mainly because they're lazy, self-entitled slugs who would never return the favor. Aside from handing out 1"x1" squares of banana bread, does Jilly Muffin ever think to cook a meal and bring it to a new mom in Danger America? Does Derick ever grab pizzas for the 20 or so people who come to hear him preach? No of course not. But they don't see anything wrong with take, take, taking from everyone else. 

Annnnnd they are tone deaf enough to not realize people see them this way, and flaunt their DONATIONS in instagram posts. Annnnnd they are tone deaf enough to scarf down said pizza in the car and call it a #datenight...ok, there is officially no hope for them!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, awaken said:

Man, those men are unfortunate looking. 

I thought Derick was ok pre-wedding. Dan OTOH - why doesn't someone inform him that when a beard is growing on your cheekbone/sinus area, it's time to shave up there.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Normally, it wouldn't bother me for friends and family to drop off food to a couple with a new baby, but with these two it just grates. Mainly because they're lazy, self-entitled slugs who would never return the favor. Aside from handing out 1"x1" squares of banana bread, does Jilly Muffin ever think to cook a meal and bring it to a new mom in Danger America? Does Derick ever grab pizzas for the 20 or so people who come to hear him preach? No of course not. But they don't see anything wrong with take, take, taking from everyone else. 

I agree. I would do anything for people that give back. I will cook for you, clean for you, grocery shop for you. I don't expect you to do it for me; but I expect you to do it for someone that needs and appreciates it. Not a fan of "takers."

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Who needs two stay at home parents?

I had two (Papa ran a business from the home) and honestly sometimes we wished at least one of them would just go away for a while. ?

• Love 16

Haha my mom was a SAHM, and I think that would be my ideal lifestyle. However, if I had a situation like Jinger's where my husband was in the next room reading the Bible, I would want to get a job. I love people, but am enough of an introvert to just enjoy being a homebody in the silence of my own house. Children being there are fine. I want to be the only adult so I'm 100% in charge of what we do. 

Idk how Jill stands derrick hovering around. Of course, she is clingy so she likes it, but I sure wouldn't!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Took long enough for them to post a family picture!

I agree.  I don't even care now.  

The only good news about them finally getting food from friends is that maybe Jana can have a night or two off.  Cause don't even try to sell it to me that she hasn't been over there helping this whole time.  

• Love 6