Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 8/31/2018 at 11:14 PM, Heathen said:

Maybe it's Jill's. :D 

That’s pure gold! ??

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Derrick is a twit but he is a JD candidate- He’s studying to get his JD. That’s how they had us sign our emails and write our resumes. For example- I was 

Scarlett45

JD Candidate Class of 2010

University of Chicago Law School

Just means you’re a law student. 

So he hasn’t been accepted to law school yet?  What he’s doing is just a prerequisite?

10 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

That’s pure gold! ??

So he hasn’t been accepted to law school yet?  What he’s doing is just a prerequisite?

He has been accepted, has enrolled, and has started classes at the law school.  "JD Candidate" = "law student."

• Love 11

No @farmgal4 “JD candidate” means you are currently in law school to get your JD (juris doctor). Like medical school is to get your MD......

In this instance Derrick isn’t being pretentious it’s the format to indicate you’re a law student. When I was in law school (from 2007-2010)  my email signature/ resume item was:

Scarlett45

JD Candidate Class of 2010

University of Chicago Law School

I graduated in 2010 (and I’m a lawyer). 

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

He has been accepted, has enrolled, and has started classes at the law school.  "JD Candidate" = "law student."

Exactly. 

• Love 15
36 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I used to carry a small Bible like that in my bag ( I now have a tablet with the Bible on it) and I don't think I have teeny tiny mind.

In your case, you definitely do not have a tiny mind. In the case of Cathy, Deredick and Jill Cling Along, a small teeny tiny mind is definitely a bad thing to waste on trying to prove their beliefs and rights are the way to go and trying to turn other people to follow and believe it is the only way to go. Small mind, small heart...

Screenshot_20180902-113523.thumb.jpg.012245b71c57811d296e28dca6eb2c36.jpg

Jill liked this post. Where exactly are the Dullards making the money they are living off and I find it hard to believe Derick has enough money to go through law school debt free. Who exactly are they mooching off?

• Love 17
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I used to carry a small Bible like that in my bag ( I now have a tablet with the Bible on it) and I don't think I have teeny tiny mind.

My apologies Crazy Cat, no offense meant toward you and others who post here. I just couldn't resist the joke. 

• Love 19
16 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180902-113523.thumb.jpg.012245b71c57811d296e28dca6eb2c36.jpg

Jill liked this post. Where exactly are the Dullards making the money they are living off and I find it hard to believe Derick has enough money to go through law school debt free. Who exactly are they mooching off?

Either there was money set aside from Derick's father's life insurance or Cathy is flat-out bankrolling them. There's no way they could be paying for law school plus expenses for a family of four otherwise. 

• Love 9

If there was money set aside from Deredick's father's life insurance policy, why was Deredick throwing a fit when he had to pay for Izzy's medical bills and saying he was not paid for being on the show. Was the money set aside for just his education? Cathy is acting more like an enabler than his mother. Law school is not cheap and sooner or later the money train will come to an end. Deredick probably expected the show aka JB would pay for him to go off to law school because he hooked up with Jill. What an idiot!

8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Either there was money set aside from Derick's father's life insurance or Cathy is flat-out bankrolling them. There's no way they could be paying for law school plus expenses for a family of four otherwise. 

Or Jim Bob and Mullet are bankrolling them. That's the most likely answer. 

• Love 2

Hmmm... After the way he went after TLC and in a round about way blaming JB for not giving him money or helping him pay for Izzy's delivery because he and Jill were too stupid to realize something could go terribly wrong, I doubt JB would give him money for school. Plus it would be a slap in the face to Jill and her siblings because daddy is helping Deredick out for his post high school education, but JB does not and will not pay for any of them to go to college.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If there was money set aside from Deredick's father's life insurance policy, why was Deredick throwing a fit when he had to pay for Izzy's medical bills and saying he was not paid for being on the show. Was the money set aside for just his education? Cathy is acting more like an enabler than his mother. Law school is not cheap and sooner or later the money train will come to an end. Deredick probably expected the show aka JB would pay for him to go off to law school because he hooked up with Jill. What an idiot!

Why use your own money when you can grift off the leghumpers?

• Love 13

It could be two separate issues. Derelict bitching about TLC not paying the medical bills doesn't necessarily mean he didn't have the money to cover them, he just felt it was their responsibility because he allowed them to film the birth. 

Regarding Boob, I don't think he'd foot the bill for law school. That's not his style. If he was subsidizing the Dillards, he'd promptly move Derelict into Bin's old toilet scrubber position. 

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Why use your own money when you can grift off the leghumpers?

What was I thinking? Silly me! I forgot who we were talking about.

8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It could be two separate issues. Derelict bitching about TLC not paying the medical bills doesn't necessarily mean he didn't have the money to cover them, he just felt it was their responsibility because he allowed them to film the birth. 

Regarding Boob, I don't think he'd foot the bill for law school. That's not his style. If he was subsidizing the Dillards, he'd promptly move Derelict into Bin's old toilet scrubber position. 

I think Deredick said it took him about a year to pay off Izzy's medical bill. How were Jill Cling Along's hospital bills paid off? Was the birth actually shown on the show? I could go back to see if it was, but why torture myself.

Edited by bigskygirl

Izzy's birth was shown, Sam's wasn't. I think the camera crew was along for the latter but TLC was smart enough not to air the footage. Jill screwing up another home birth was bad p.r. for the family and the show. 

I'm honestly just spitballing with regards to the bills. For all I know, their debt-free lifestyle is a lie and Derick took out student loans. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm honestly just spitballing with regards to the bills. For all I know, their debt-free lifestyle is a lie and Derick took out student loans. 

Well, they lie about everything else. "Debt free" really isn't debt free if your family survives on donations and love offerings while you blow a quarter of a million dollars on a lost cause, vanity political campaign, or if you rely on hospitals to write off your emergency room bills because you're too selfish to pay for medical insurance or wellness visits for your family. 

Also, I'd like to see them try being "debt free" in a state that has a much higher cost of living than Arkansas. Good luck paying cash for a house in Michigan, let alone in California or New York, dolts. 

• Love 24
28 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Well, they lie about everything else. "Debt free" really isn't debt free if your family survives on donations and love offerings while you blow a quarter of a million dollars on a lost cause, vanity political campaign, or if you rely on hospitals to write off your emergency room bills because you're too selfish to pay for medical insurance or wellness visits for your family. 

Also, I'd like to see them try being "debt free" in a state that has a much higher cost of living than Arkansas. Good luck paying cash for a house in Michigan, let alone in California or New York, dolts. 

Having insurance does not mean all your medical expenses will be covered, and you will not have to pay any out of pockets expenses, co-pays or wait until you meet the deductible amount before the insurance finally pays on anything and/or your insurance will only pay up to a certain percentage of the bill leaving you to pay the rest, or refusing to pay on certain treatments, medications or tests. I do agree Jill and Derick were stupid not to have any type of insurance even if it was lousy, and she should have had prenatal care during her pregnancy. It is naïve to think nothing bad would happen. Sorry for being Debbie Downer, but bad medical issues can come calling at times. If someone would have told me my husband would be diagnosed on November 17, 2000 with Acute Renal Failure and will be given two weeks to live I would have laugh in the person's face. My husband's and my health issues were a rude wakeup call. I personally would love to slap the crap out of Jill and Derick for being totally stupid especially when it came to the health of their two sons. They are the perfect example of stupidity, denial and ignorance gone bad.

Edited by bigskygirl

I don't think that we can assume that they are or are not making money, or do not have debts just because Jill follows Dave Ramsey and like his posts. Derick posted about taking Ramsey's Financial Peace classes. Jill may have found the post to be inspiring as they work on the Ramsey plan baby steps. Maybe it helps to keep her disciplined with money. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

They look like the Gideon's New Testament, which usually also includes the book of Psalms. They usually have different colors for different demographic groups, but I can't remember which colors are for which groups.

The boxes in the background are labeled New Testament, ESV.

I would think red bindings for the slutty harlots and cheaters, green for the money-grubbing tax evaders, blue for the depressed people that just want drugs, not Jesus and of course rainbow bindings for.....well, you know.....them.....

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill may be trolling her critics too, those who are wondering who's paying for Derick's schooling. 

You're giving her far too much credit.

eta: Jessa, sure, but I don't think Jill knows the first thing about trolling her critics.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Having insurance does not mean all your medical expenses will be covered, and you will not have to pay any out of pockets expenses, co-pays or wait until you meet the deductible amount before the insurance finally pays on anything and/or your insurance will only pay up to a certain percentage of the bill leaving you to pay the rest, or refusing to pay on certain treatments, medications or tests. I do agree Jill and Derick were stupid not to have any type of insurance even if it was lousy, and she should have had prenatal care during her pregnancy. It is naïve to think nothing bad would happen. Sorry for being Debbie Downer, but bad medical issues can come calling at times. If someone would have told me my husband would be diagnosed on November 17, 2000 with Acute Renal Failure and will be given two weeks to live I would have laugh in the person's face. My husband's and my health issues were a rude wakeup call. I personally would love to slap the crap out of Jill and Derick for being totally stupid especially when it came to the health of their two sons. They are the perfect example of stupidity, denial and ignorance gone bad.

I wasn't referring to the Dullards. My comment about insurance and emergency room visits referred to GIL AND KELLY BATES, who did admit to using the emergency room for wellness care. I'm well aware that medical issues can come up at any time and that insurance is no guarantee that one won't have medical bills. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Cathy handing out bibles at Rogers Frisco Festival:

8050F160-B820-4000-9EB1-5D5166B0A75C.jpeg

This is simply a preposterous activity. Cathy live in NW Arkansas. Surely she's aware that virtually EVERYONE in NW Arkansas is an evangelical Christian. Arkansas is the 5th most religious state in the country -- 80% of the population identifies as Christian. Who is she evangelizing to?

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

This is simply a preposterous activity. Cathy live in NW Arkansas. Surely she's aware that virtually EVERYONE in NW Arkansas is an evangelical Christian. Arkansas is the 5th most religious state in the country -- 80% of the population identifies as Christian. Who is she evangelizing to?

Those who read the wrong version, perhaps?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's an awful lot of bibles back there. We're they expecting a bus of drunken soccer hooligans or something? ?

⚽️ ?. This soccer mom takes great offense at the stereotype.   I kid. ❤️

• Love 9

Some bible-thumper group used to give those out just off campus at my high school, in Kansas. Same size, same color cover. I find it typical of people like Cathy that they evangelize to people who probably already think like them (and pat themselves on the back for it), but they won't go near people who would be able to argue their "facts." 

• Love 19
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

What was I thinking? Silly me! I forgot who we were talking about.

I think Deredick said it took him about a year to pay off Izzy's medical bill. How were Jill Cling Along's hospital bills paid off? Was the birth actually shown on the show? I could go back to see if it was, but why torture myself.

For Israel's birth, the footage of the home birth attempt was all camera phone. It wasn't until they got to the hospital that TLC showed up, which makes me think that they had planned to not let camera crews in until after the birth, but when Jill had to transfer to the hospital, they decided to allow TLC in, assuming they'd pay the unexpected hospital bill. I get such a kick out of it, imagining Derick's reaction when TLC said they weren't paying. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

I would think red bindings for the slutty harlots and cheaters, green for the money-grubbing tax evaders, blue for the depressed people that just want drugs, not Jesus and of course rainbow bindings for.....well, you know.....them.....

According to Wikipedia,  "

The covers of the New Testaments distributed by Gideons are color-coded based on which groups they are meant for:

Orange: given in sidewalk distribution[10]

Green: for college/university students

Red: for in-school distribution to Middle/High school students

Digital Camouflage/Desert Camouflage: for the military[10]

Dark blue: printed in a language other than English[10]

White: for medical professionals

Light blue: for distribution by the Auxiliary only[10]

Brown: for facilities distributions, (for witnessing in prisons and jails by Gideons)[10]

Burgundy: personal worker's testaments (for individual witnessing by Gideons)[10]

Periwinkle: personal worker's testaments (for individual witnessing by the Auxiliary)"

This sounds accurate to what I remember from hearing a Gideon speaker at church.

I used to work with a secular nonprofit that provides books for prison populations, and the Bible was our #1 request. We had lots of donated Gideon Bibles, so even if the person who it is handed to on the street doesn't want it, it could still get to someone who does. If a person doesn't want to take one, they can just refuse or ignore her.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, lascuba said:

For Israel's birth, the footage of the home birth attempt was all camera phone. It wasn't until they got to the hospital that TLC showed up, which makes me think that they had planned to not let camera crews in until after the birth, but when Jill had to transfer to the hospital, they decided to allow TLC in, assuming they'd pay the unexpected hospital bill. I get such a kick out of it, imagining Derick's reaction when TLC said they weren't paying. 

I think TLC wasn't interested in paying a camera crew to sit around for days on end while Jill was in 'labor' and the deal was they wouldn't send a crew until she was dilated to 6 cm or something.  As it was, dum-dum Jill sat around for close to 3 days after her water broke before going to the hospital where a real medical professional figured out she was breech pretty quick and did the cesarean.  I think the main reason the crew only showed up at the hospital was because she never got to the agreed-upon point in labor.  I also imagine that they notified TPTB when her water broke and were in regular contact with production.  I could also imagine that someone in production with more common sense that Jill or Derick, told them, after 3 days, that TLC wasn't willing to wait any longer, that their medical consultants and attorneys felt the situation was too risky and they'd only film (and pay them) for a hospital birth which is why Derick decided that it was TLC's 'fault' that they had to go to the hospital and therefore, they should pay the bill.

It also ties in with my theory that, after dealing with Jill and Derick and their piss poor judgement with Izzy's birth, TLC's medical people and legal consultants decided to insist on a hospital birth with real medical professionals in order to film Sammy's arrival.  And, since Jill knows everything about childbirth and was unwilling to even consider seeing a real practitioner, let alone going to a real hospital; and Derick couldn't get them to agree to pay any and all medical expenses; TLC cut them loose.

• Love 22

TLC may have assumed that Jilly Dully would deliver as easily as her mother and her sister-in-law Anna, too. Or at least not end up with an emergency caesarean after 826 hours of at-home labor with a behemoth breech baby, instead of the complication-free home birth she arrogantly assumed she would have. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I hope people are not taking Cathy's bibles or giving her the evil eye when she offers one to them. I hate it when people like Cathy and the Duggars try to save others at non-religious events.

I hope there were Muslims to her right and Satanists to her left. Freedom of religion, y'all.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

This is simply a preposterous activity. Cathy live in NW Arkansas. Surely she's aware that virtually EVERYONE in NW Arkansas is an evangelical Christian. 

That's true for the nearby rural areas but not so much for the Rogers/Fayetteville/Springdale/Bentonville area. It definitely has more evangelicals than the average metro area, but there's a pretty good chunk of international students at the U of A--I had a lot of Muslim classmates at the U of A--and a fair number of atheists/agnostics. In my department, there were a couple of lapsed Baptists, and everyone else who was religious was either Catholic, Jewish, or Muslim. The area is also quite a bit more politically liberal than the nearby countryside. Again, not by East Coast/West Coast standards but definitely by Arkansas standards. 

Not agreeing with Cathy's actions, but I think a lot of folks on here don't realize that where the Duggars live is not really the boonies. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, sleepysuzy said:

According to Wikipedia,  "

The covers of the New Testaments distributed by Gideons are color-coded based on which groups they are meant for:

Orange: given in sidewalk distribution[10]

Green: for college/university students

Red: for in-school distribution to Middle/High school students

Digital Camouflage/Desert Camouflage: for the military[10]

Dark blue: printed in a language other than English[10]

White: for medical professionals

Light blue: for distribution by the Auxiliary only[10]

Brown: for facilities distributions, (for witnessing in prisons and jails by Gideons)[10]

Burgundy: personal worker's testaments (for individual witnessing by Gideons)[10]

Periwinkle: personal worker's testaments (for individual witnessing by the Auxiliary)"

This sounds accurate to what I remember from hearing a Gideon speaker at church.

I used to work with a secular nonprofit that provides books for prison populations, and the Bible was our #1 request. We had lots of donated Gideon Bibles, so even if the person who it is handed to on the street doesn't want it, it could still get to someone who does. If a person doesn't want to take one, they can just refuse or ignore her.

But... why? What does it matter what color the cover is? I don't understand why proselytizing has to have so many complications. Do they change the text to suit their audiences? Sit down and shut up, Cathy. I might advise her where she could store her bible, were she to offer one to me.

• Love 13
42 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

But... why? What does it matter what color the cover is?

It's a good way to keep track of how many Bibles were given to what group. The Gideons are a non-profit that relies on donations and probably grants. Grants applications usually want specific information about who is being served, as do large organizations that might give money. By color coding the cover they can easily state how many Bibles were given handed out on the street, how many given to college students, etc.

• Love 13
15 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I hope people are not taking Cathy's bibles or giving her the evil eye when she offers one to them. I hate it when people like Cathy and the Duggars try to save others at non-religious events.

I used to do more then just give the evil eye when they'd set up at my middle school and high school to hand out Bibles. It always ticked me off the way they tried to force kids to take them. Also, I knew if any other religious group had tried to do the exact same thing they'd flip out and accuse them doing exactly what they are trying to do. If they didn't accept my polite no thank you which they never did I'd tell them just that. My best friend at the time always loved to say she practiced wicca or was an atheist just to tick them off. 

• Love 16

Although Derick's father was a law enforcement officer, he passed away from a personal medical event, not in the line of duty. Would the insurance pay out be less if not in the line of duty?

Since quitting WalMart, Derick has had no paying job that I know of. If I remember correctly, the Dillards didn't work FOR that missions program, Jill stated that they worked  ALONG SIDE of them in Danger America. How are they and how have they been paying their bills? Who actually is paying for his law school tuition, which is not cheap by any means. After pontificating their financial beliefs and lifestyle as debt free, etc.. I think they should clarify how they have been living and how they are paying for this schooling. When one goes public with information, they are fair game to be asked specifics about that subject, IMO. When things 'change up',, they should explain why things changed.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Although Derick's father was a law enforcement officer, he passed away from a personal medical event, not in the line of duty. Would the insurance pay out be less if not in the line of duty?

Since quitting WalMart, Derick has had no paying job that I know of. If I remember correctly, the Dillards didn't work FOR that missions program, Jill stated that they worked  ALONG SIDE of them in Danger America. How are they and how have they been paying their bills? Who actually is paying for his law school tuition, which is not cheap by any means. After pontificating their financial beliefs and lifestyle as debt free, etc.. I think they should clarify how they have been living and how they are paying for this schooling. When one goes public with information, they are fair game to be asked specifics about that subject, IMO. When things 'change up',, they should explain why things changed.

From my experience with federal employees, not local police, the life insurance was doubled if it was while on the job. I’d imagine it varies, but Derick’s father was active, not retired, so it may have been based on that alone. Depending on his life insurance choices, he could have had enough for a funeral, or enough that there’s still money floating around.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Nysha said:

It's a good way to keep track of how many Bibles were given to what group. The Gideons are a non-profit that relies on donations and probably grants. Grants applications usually want specific information about who is being served, as do large organizations that might give money. By color coding the cover they can easily state how many Bibles were given handed out on the street, how many given to college students, etc.

Years ago I worked for a hospital that was affiliated with a Catholic Church and the Women's Pavillion was affiliated with a Baptist Church.  One time the Gideon's delivered Bibles to the employees. The people that worked for the main part of the hospital were given green Bibles (the color of the hospital). The people that worked for the Women's Pavillion were given blue Bibles (their main color).  

Back on topic, I wonder how Derick is handling law school so far?  I know it's just been two weeks, but it's been a while since he's been a student (not counting their Cross Church deal last year).  I wish Derick would tell Jill they are going to put the boys in school - or at least some sort of homeschool cooperative - so they will have a chance to get a real education like he has had.  

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

Back on topic, I wonder how Derick is handling law school so far?  I know it's just been two weeks, but it's been a while since he's been a student (not counting their Cross Church deal last year). 

Based on the earlier posted picture of him "studying," I'd say he's behind on his reading.

• Love 17
22 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I can't help it, when I see "JD" coupled with Derrick's name I just can't picture a Lawyer.  I keep thinking Junior Detective and picture him with a deerstalker hat and a magnifying glass but more Encyclopedia Brown than Sherlock Holmes.

• Love 19
49 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I can't help it, when I see "JD" coupled with Derrick's name I just can't picture a Lawyer.  I keep thinking Junior Detective and picture him with a deerstalker hat and a magnifying glass but more Encyclopedia Brown than Sherlock Holmes.

I think juvenile delinquent.  Yes, I'm am that old.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I'm on the Counting On thread so much that whenever I see "JD" I think John David!

• Love 12