Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, DXD526 said:

For the first time in his life, FF is going to be forced to be around people different from him, the 'heathens' he was always told were so horrible. What if he gets to know a few of them and finds out they're not so bad? Might he come to the realization that what his religion has been telling him his whole life is a bunch of BS? 

Any chance that, instead of converting the masses in prison, they convert him? 

4 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I will pay to see that. 

I'll pop the popcorn!

Seriously, though, if this happens prison might be the best thing for FF on several levels. Or he learns new tricks and comes out worse.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I think we could be pretty sure of that when she was OK with naming M7 Madyson.

I would really like to know the logic behind that decision. All I can figure is that it was a form of forgiveness. And if that's the case, it follows that she forgave FF for molesting his sisters and watching horrific CSAM.

• Sad 6
(edited)

interesting - a while back some of anna's llcs were dissolved. one just dissappeared from the list. Ravenglass North.

a reddit poster has found Lacount Reber was added as Registered Agent earlier this year. Now to find the llc, you have to search his name. Anna is still listed as organizer and the financial service is also still listed. The llc does own 1 property in Washington County. the one with the moblie home on it purchased in April 2021

Latest Events

2020-07-11 - 2020-08-20

Addition of officer ANNA DUGGAR, incorporator

2020-07-11 - 2020-08-20

Addition of officer ANNA DUGGAR, organizer

2022-02-09 - 2022-05-17

Addition of officer LACOUNT REBER, agent

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 7

The facility is a Sex Offender Management Program (SOMP) institution, which means that around 40 percent of the inmate population has a current or past sexual offense.

So hard to know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. They could reinforce each other in good ways or support each other in continuing to be awful criminals.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, LilJen said:

So hard to know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. They could reinforce each other in good ways or support each other in continuing to be awful criminals.

I’m going to guess it’s safer for the inmates.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Fingers crossed Josh is cleaning the toilets. 

Maybe he’ll get laundry duty. We know how he conducts himself in laundry rooms, but that might not go so well in prison. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I’m going to guess it’s safer for the inmates.

Yes that's my understanding. I suspect that's why the judge requested such a prison, even though the actual offender treatment programs are of a fairly limited nature time-wise. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

“All inmates will have a work assignment and are required to work”  Good!

"After inmates receive a permanent building assignment, rules for maintaining quarters there are strict and detailed. Twenty bullet points in the handbook outline everything from daily floor mopping to precise bed-making technique to mandatory daily dusting of baseboards and pipes."

1 hour ago, Panopticon said:

Maybe he’ll get laundry duty. We know how he conducts himself in laundry rooms, but that might not go so well in prison. 

"Some FPI work includes jobs in the facility’s textile factory. The manual notes that the starting pay for FPI positions is 23 cents per hour. There is a waiting list for these jobs and inmates are required to interview for the positions." 

(underlined by me) 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ChiCricket said:

"After inmates receive a permanent building assignment, rules for maintaining quarters there are strict and detailed. Twenty bullet points in the handbook outline everything from daily floor mopping to precise bed-making technique to mandatory daily dusting of baseboards and pipes."

"Some FPI work includes jobs in the facility’s textile factory. The manual notes that the starting pay for FPI positions is 23 cents per hour. There is a waiting list for these jobs and inmates are required to interview for the positions." 

(underlined by me) 

He is going to have to clean his own room! Probably something he has never been tasked with. No more J'slaves or M'slaves to clean up after you or Anna to fawn over you, FF.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I would really like to know the logic behind that decision. All I can figure is that it was a form of forgiveness. And if that's the case, it follows that she forgave FF for molesting his sisters and watching horrific CSAM.

I saw it that Anna liked the name, and Josh’s use of the Ashley Madison site was inconsequential, a trivial thing of the last. Not only forgiveness but immaterial to her and her life. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I saw it that Anna liked the name, and Josh’s use of the Ashley Madison site was inconsequential, a trivial thing of the last. Not only forgiveness but immaterial to her and her life. 

That’s how I saw it too. I don’t even think she made the connection. Just liked the name is my guess. 

38 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

(underlined by me) 

How do they “make” them abide by the room maintenance rules?  

Also, interesting about the jobs. I wonder what all types of jobs they can have. And do they produce textiles and other goods for the outside world or just for the prison’s needs. 

• Like 1

The Federal Prison Industry makes UNICOR products sold to entities of the federal government.  They make clothing, furniture, pens, and a whole catelog of items.  The manufacturing of items is spread over the many participating prisons.  

• Useful 10
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Did Anna post an update where her road trip was?

I wonder how many people accompanied her… I don’t think she went alone!

Haven’t seen any updates from Anna but James was spotted with the Spivey clan, Claritin and Mackenzie in Texas. So it may be that Anna is visiting Prissy and TFDW while she waits for her chance to see FF. Some of the M kids went to VBS at Waller’s church last year so it wouldn’t be surprising if they did this summer too. The Spivey clan and Claritin also attend the church where TFDW is pastor.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 3

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Anna found a place near David and Prissy to live. She'd have the support of the Wallers and Spiveys and be much closer to the prison. It also wouldn't surprise me if the Duggars fully support this as I would think it would relieve a lot of tension around the TTH. Kind of out of sight, out of mind.

David being a full fledged Fundy, the FF's BFF and Anna's BIL makes him a 'suitable headship' for her.

Maybe she'll find a place with actual windows.

• Like 4
  • Useful 8
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Anna found a place near David and Prissy to live. She'd have the support of the Wallers and Spiveys and be much closer to the prison. It also wouldn't surprise me if the Duggars fully support this as I would think it would relieve a lot of tension around the TTH. Kind of out of sight, out of mind.

David being a full fledged Fundy, the FF's BFF and Anna's BIL makes him a 'suitable headship' for her.

Maybe she'll find a place with actual windows.

All well and good, but who is supporting her financially? If it's her in-laws, I don't know that they would be willing to pay her rent and other expenses for the next (at least) 10 years.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

All well and good, but who is supporting her financially? If it's her in-laws, I don't know that they would be willing to pay her rent and other expenses for the next (at least) 10 years.

Its unclear if Anna has any assets, but the judge made it seem as if she and the FF had plenty of money.

But in any case, either Anna's paying her own way or JB is supporting her. If its JB, rent/mortgage would be the only added expense if she moved to TX. Traveling 600 miles to TX four times a month isn't cheap either so it would offset any mortgage/rent. I 100% believe JB will/would financially support Anna and the kids for however long the felon is incarcerated for.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, awaken said:

How do they “make” them abide by the room maintenance rules?  

Loss of privileges, such as commissary.  Loss of a more desirable/better paying job.  They also have a version of "the hole". 

24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Traveling 600 miles to TX four times a month isn't cheap either so it would offset any mortgage/rent.

Visiting rules are a very confusing business as there are a lot of different documents about visiting at different websites.  There are general BOP guidelines, but additionally each facility has its own procedure for visiting, but even those have been overtaken by COVID.  I think I found the most current one specifically for Seagoville, and they are on what they call a COVID-2 protocol level.  (It would be yellow if they were using a red-yellow-green scale.)  At this protocol level, each inmate gets two 2-hour visits per month with a maximum of 2 adults or 1 adult+ 1child over 5yo at each visit.  Each adult may bring a child under 5 yo who must sit on the adult's lap for the entire visit.   The visits are entirely non-contact.  Not even a kiss or a hug. 

If this accurately represents the situation at Seagoville, I can't see Anna moving down there for that little visiting.  If you believe you have a more up-to-date version of the visiting rules, I take no offense.  I have no idea how often Seagoville updates their website. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Loss of privileges, such as commissary.  Loss of a more desirable/better paying job.  They also have a version of "the hole". 

Visiting rules are a very confusing business as there are a lot of different documents about visiting at different websites.  There are general BOP guidelines, but additionally each facility has its own procedure for visiting, but even those have been overtaken by COVID.  I think I found the most current one specifically for Seagoville, and they are on what they call a COVID-2 protocol level.  (It would be yellow if they were using a red-yellow-green scale.)  At this protocol level, each inmate gets two 2-hour visits per month with a maximum of 2 adults or 1 adult+ 1child over 5yo at each visit.  Each adult may bring a child under 5 yo who must sit on the adult's lap for the entire visit.   The visits are entirely non-contact.  Not even a kiss or a hug. 

If this accurately represents the situation at Seagoville, I can't see Anna moving down there for that little visiting.  If you believe you have a more up-to-date version of the visiting rules, I take no offense.  I have no idea how often Seagoville updates their website. 

I have no idea what their visiting rules are now or in the future. But as per other handbooks it looks as if in non-covid times inmates could get around 4 visits a month, depending on the day of the week and other prison factors.

I guess it all depends on many things. Does Anna mind what must be a 6 - 8 hour drive and an overnight stay? Would Anna feel emotionally closer to the FF being only an hour a way? Does Anna want a fresh start with her sister nearby? How attached is Anna to the Duggars without Josh by her side?

So far Anna has made it clear she's standing by her man, so I could see a move happening.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I have no idea what their visiting rules are now or in the future. But as per other handbooks it looks as if in non-covid times inmates could get around 4 visits a month, depending on the day of the week and other prison factors.

I guess it all depends on many things. Does Anna mind what must be a 6 - 8 hour drive and an overnight stay? Would Anna feel emotionally closer to the FF being only an hour a way? Does Anna want a fresh start with her sister nearby? How attached is Anna to the Duggars without Josh by her side?

So far Anna has made it clear she's standing by her man, so I could see a move happening.

And JB might support it because even though it might cost him $$ he could "unload" all of them to the watchful headship of David Waller, or someone else he finds, and that would help to assure him that she won't leave the cult and start talking.  Not that I think she would, but, maybe out of sight out of mind could happen.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

And JB might support it because even though it might cost him $$ he could "unload" all of them to the watchful headship of David Waller, or someone else he finds, and that would help to assure him that she won't leave the cult and start talking.  Not that I think she would, but, maybe out of sight out of mind could happen.

That's certainly possible. Who knows what's going on in his head these days. 

(edited)
16 hours ago, Absolom said:

The Federal Prison Industry makes UNICOR products sold to entities of the federal government.  They make clothing, furniture, pens, and a whole catelog of items.  The manufacturing of items is spread over the many participating prisons.  

Years ago I worked for a commercial furniture manufacturer. UNICOR was one of our largest accounts. We’d just ship them parts, the inmates would assemble the finished product.  Not sure who the end user was, it was office type furniture, so maybe for the prison system or other government buildings. (We had GSA and veteran owned business contracts too separate from UNICOR)

Edited by Trillium
  • Useful 8
6 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

He might do it if he could find a bargain-priced house he could snap up, let Anna and the kids use for a few years and then make a profit by flipping it.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I doubt Anna has much, if any, agency of her own in the matter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
(edited)

WOACB is saying today that Anna's oldest child is in Texas.  She was in a selfie with James, Justin and Claire in Fort Worth.  So Anna's trip could have been bringing her there to bible school.

eta:  Nevermind.  I saw there's a discussion of this in the Justin thread.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

He might do it if he could find a bargain-priced house he could snap up, let Anna and the kids use for a few years and then make a profit by flipping it.

pure speculation on my part -Hilaria has a house under an llc name in Benbrook TX that was listed 6/7. 3 beds, 2 full baths and an offer pending, Was purchased about the time Justin bailed the TTH and went off to TX 6/30/20. I assumed all along it was the house Clairiton were living in. Not cheap, $280,000. sole occupant on record is Hillary y Spivey.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That's certainly possible. Who knows what's going on in his head these days. 

As evidenced by recent events (and those dating back to the inception of the show), I would say very little is going on in his head.  And what little might be there is held together with enough Aquanet to kill us all a hundred times over.  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 15

I wonder what Anna would do if Josh doesn’t survive prison. Would she spend the next 50 years as the grieving widow or would she attempt to remarry in the hopes that she would be able to have a few more babies. While the Duggars would publicly support her, would they quietly start nudging her to find another husband to get her off of the payroll?

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 6/29/2022 at 5:08 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Why does she feel that her "road trip" is anyone's business anyway?  You would think that she would have learned to keep her business to herself by now.  Is it her way of getting (any) attention?

I think it's a show of defiance. She played nice for the first 2 scandals to keep the show going and hoping that Josh would be allowed back. Now that that's all over, she get to be herself and yel "fuck you, internet!" As much as she wants

Anna's always been a smug asshole. An the more wrong she is? The smugger and more assholeish she becomes.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I wonder what Anna would do if Josh doesn’t survive prison. Would she spend the next 50 years as the grieving widow or would she attempt to remarry in the hopes that she would be able to have a few more babies. While the Duggars would publicly support her, would they quietly start nudging her to find another husband to get her off of the payroll?

My guess is the JB wouldn't waste any time marrying Anna off to the first man with enough money to support her and her kids, especially if they'd move to a quiet place out of his sight. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is the JB wouldn't waste any time marrying Anna off to the first man with enough money to support her and her kids, especially if they'd move to a quiet place out of his sight. 

It's sad to think that Anna could be sold off like chattel. But not out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It's sad to think that Anna could be sold off like chattel. But not out of the realm of possibility.

In JB's world women are to be submissive to husbands and fathers, bear kids until they can't any more, and never question anything a male says.    In his world, women are traded off to any man who wants them.   Women have no value to JB, and never will. 

• Sad 13
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I think they'd have a hard time marrying off a woman with 7 kids, but that's just me. 

Especially a smug, entitled, holier-than-thou one who supports/supported  someone who downloaded horrendous child porn.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Sad 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Especially a smug, entitled one who supports/supported  someone who downloaded horrendous child porn.

I think these fools would twist it around to believe she is loyal and won't spill the beans if the perspective husband has some...oddities that are best not publicly known.

• Mind Blown 5
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Zella said:

I think they'd have a hard time marrying off a woman with 7 kids, but that's just me. 

All she needs to do is find a widower with 5 kids, and you have Cheaper by the Dozen (yes I know its not a blended family).   Or she can find a guy with 10 kids and they are only short one for Yours, Mine and Ours (Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, SMama said:

Are we to believe Pricilla is the bestie Anna was visiting?

C4EAD146-468B-4B66-A593-3E745998A3A0.thumb.jpeg.2969f47c058dcd1b0ca55254e543f8fc.jpeg

My guess is that Anna plopped herself and the M kids with Prissy to be close to where FF is. She probably thought she could visit him as soon as he got there. IIRC last year some of the M kids were shipped off to the Wallers supposedly to attend VBS and this seems to be VBS time again. 

• Sad 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

My guess is that Anna plopped herself and the M kids with Prissy to be close to where FF is. She probably thought she could visit him as soon as he got there. IIRC last year some of the M kids were shipped off to the Wallers supposedly to attend VBS and this seems to be VBS time again. 

VBS was last week. I guess this is an extended stay. However, as I understand, it may still be a few weeks before Anna can see her beloved JoshUa. FF has to be processed, and his visitor list vetted. Anna may as well just go home and come back alone in a few weeks. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Are we to believe Pricilla is the bestie Anna was visiting?

C4EAD146-468B-4B66-A593-3E745998A3A0.thumb.jpeg.2969f47c058dcd1b0ca55254e543f8fc.jpeg

All she had to post was - the kids and I are taking a road trip to see my sister for her birthday! Instead, she posted some childish cryptic bullshit, and ignored her followers’  responses and questions. It’s just pathetic.

40 minutes ago, quarks said:

It's in Anna's best interests to stay completely off social media for at least another couple of years.

So, naturally, she posts something.

Especially if she can’t simply be honest and genuine. It seems that’s impossible for Duggars (and Bates). 

• Like 2
  • Applause 13
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This time she only used Instagram stories, no Twitter post. Her road trip one on Twitter is still there, with all of the comments. 

40D985E2-64CF-48C5-87DE-F8EB94A387B7.jpeg

Did she respond to anyone at all?