Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Nysha said:

KNWA would like it to be known that Joshua Duggar and his attorneys continue to have major issues with the truth and current reality. -- C.C. McCandless, KNWA reporter  😎😁😎

I love me some CC. 😂

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5

Wasn't sure where to put this, but since FF spent time there, I thought I'd mention it here. I live in Rockford, where FF spent time at Reformers Unanimous. I noticed while I was on the bus today that one of their buildings (not sure if it's the one he was in or not) was up for sale. I'm too lazy to find out the reason, but I was curious.

• Useful 6

Quoting @Notabug from Sweet Fellowship-

My guess is that Anna is likely attending family events but that she and the family are careful not to post photos of her online as that will only draw the crazies out to either complain that Anna is not appropriately mourning the loss of her husband to prison or that her friends and family are evil for not shunning her.  

This family has lived and died by social media for more than a decade; Anna and the rest of them know that her image in a post is poison right now.  She may well have attended the shower and asked those attending to not post any photos of her publicly.

I agree with this. 

Also, I can imagine Anna is probably not the easiest person to socialize with right now. I think she probably does attend events, (what else does she have to do besides childcare responsibilities?). But I can see her being hyper fixated on lamenting that Josh is innocent, "I wish Josh were here" or "Josh wouldve loved this." I could see her breaking out into tears when the feelings overwhelm her. No judgment on that, Anna has never been the most self aware person and her entire world view has just been shattered. Its got to be PAINFUL being around so many married couples. I highly doubt Jana or Jason have much to say to her. 

As the months turn into years, others move on with their life, in a social milieu that's super focused on couple hood, childrearing etc. Anna is going to feel more and more isolated and "othered" even if no one intends to be leave her out. Having a spouse in prison is never easy- even if its not for the horrendous crimes Josh has been convicted of. Add in Anna's smug demeanor, and denial that she is not fundy royalty any more, she is not going to be at the top of anyone's guest list.

• Like 3
  • Love 17

Nah.    I doubt she is bursting into tears.   MOre like loudly proclaiming his innocence and everyone else is just sick of it.    They will eventually stop inviting her because they don't want to be harangued about how he was railroaded and persecuted just for being a good Christian.    Things like "Oh josh would have loved this" will not be uttered.   because I doubt he did much other than what he was required to do for the show or to make JB happy to keep the money coming in.    She might have had a husband on paper, but its not like he ever really acted like a family man.

Anna is not going to lose her smugness over this.   She will double down on her martyrdom.   

• Like 8
  • Love 4

Anna is in a really tough situation. She will be alone, but under JB's "umbrella of protection". She's always been powerless, but now it must be very apparent, even to her. It's not unusual for family members to need to believe, against all reason, that their loved one is innocent. However, many of the Duggars don't believe Josh is innocent. I wish she'd take her kids and move closer to her own family, but being in a cult where women don't work, I don't know how she would manage that. I hope she doesn't succumb to parentification of her own children. I would not be surprised if she did that with Mackenzie. All of Josh & Anna's kids will be affected by his incarceration. It's sad. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Nah.    I doubt she is bursting into tears.   MOre like loudly proclaiming his innocence and everyone else is just sick of it.    They will eventually stop inviting her because they don't want to be harangued about how he was railroaded and persecuted just for being a good Christian.    Things like "Oh josh would have loved this" will not be uttered.   because I doubt he did much other than what he was required to do for the show or to make JB happy to keep the money coming in.    She might have had a husband on paper, but its not like he ever really acted like a family man.

Anna is not going to lose her smugness over this.   She will double down on her martyrdom.   

You could be right @merylinkid- I just don't see Anna holding it together emotionally any time in the near future.

(bolding mine) This is 100% going to happen. The compassion fatigue for Anna will set in, and everyone will move on with their life. 

• Like 5
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Anna is in a really tough situation. She will be alone, but under JB's "umbrella of protection". She's always been powerless, but now it must be very apparent, even to her. It's not unusual for family members to need to believe, against all reason, that their loved one is innocent. However, many of the Duggars don't believe Josh is innocent. I wish she'd take her kids and move closer to her own family, but being in a cult where women don't work, I don't know how she would manage that. I hope she doesn't succumb to parentification of her own children. I would not be surprised if she did that with Mackenzie. All of Josh & Anna's kids will be affected by his incarceration. It's sad. 

I don't see how moving the Ms closer to her own family would assist Anna in anyway. The Duggars have more resources (financial, physical, social) to assist her in raising these children than her family of origin does right now. I don't think her family would offer her any more emotional support than some of the Duggars would. Two of her sisters have left the movement, ones lives in another continent, one brother has left, and her two younger brothers are looking to start families of their own. (Nathan has a kid and one on the way)

I think Anna is fine to stay where she is, her location isn't the problem, I think its her mental state.

Yes, its likely Mackynze is going to step up and take on a lot of caregiving responsibilities for the younger ones. The only bright side is that she does have aunts close to her age, so she will have a peer group and the emotional comfort that may come from that. 

• Like 7
  • Love 7

I don't think anyone is or would exclude Anna. I think most in her circle feel sorry for her and her situation and have plenty of support to offer. IMO, at this point Anna has likely excluded herself from anyone who has openly agreed with the court's decision. That leaves JB, M, Jana, Laura, Pecanman, Prissy and Hilary - not a very big circle. And while I think Anna likely feels she and Josh have been persecuted, I doubt she's feeling smug, defensive maybe, but not smug.

Josh was found guilty last December, sentenced in May and assigned his prison in June. It usually takes a year from any traumatic event to regain any sense of normalcy. I'm guessing it'll take until next June for Anna to be settled into her new normal. Until then I'm guessing Anna is living in an emotional state of chaos.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Josh was found guilty last December, sentenced in May and assigned his prison in June. It usually takes a year from any traumatic event to regain any sense of normalcy. I'm guessing it'll take until next June for Anna to be settled into her new normal. Until then I'm guessing Anna is living in an emotional state of chaos.

Yeah this is what I was getting at, she is probably in turmoil right now. It has not been that long (relatively speaking) since Josh was convicted. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think anyone is or would exclude Anna. I think most in her circle feel sorry for her and her situation and have plenty of support to offer. IMO, at this point Anna has likely excluded herself from anyone who has openly agreed with the court's decision. That leaves JB, M, Jana, Laura, Pecanman, Prissy and Hilary - not a very big circle. And while I think Anna likely feels she and Josh have been persecuted, I doubt she's feeling smug, defensive maybe, but not smug.

I know it's not exactly the same situation, but, as a former military wife, it usually took me a few weeks-couple months to adjust to the new normal.  BUT, I was not raised in a cult, had a job, had lived independently on my own before, etc.  I know a few military wives who married rather young (like, straight from their parents' home to married), and they had absolutely no idea how to do things I took for granted, especially financials.  Things like disputing a credit card charge, renewing a lease, paying the water bill, etc.  In one case, how to write a check.  If JB has taken this over, it shouldn't be too difficult for Anna on a day-to-day basis(what really will have changed?  Did Josh help with the kids at all? How present was Josh ever, anyway?).  If she's now taken over most of this, or even a lot of the non-financial decision making (which I doubt - I feel certain that she has probably always deferred to Josh if there was ever a question, and I expect she's deferring to JB now), there is going to be a VERY steep learning curve for her, and I could definitely see her having massive trouble adjusting, especially with seven kids attached.

I think she has almost like Stockholm syndrome.  She'll never fully admit he's guilty.  She might have moments of doubt, but, she'll never truly believe he did these things.

Edited by Monkeyrocks
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

You could be right @merylinkid- I just don't see Anna holding it together emotionally any time in the near future.

(bolding mine) This is 100% going to happen. The compassion fatigue for Anna will set in, and everyone will move on with their life. 

It makes you wonder 'how much can one person take'.  And I don't see Anna as a 'strong' person.  I may be wrong.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Anna can't leave the Duggars because she has no financial means. I don't think anyone in her family is willing to support her and she would have to get a real job at one point. I don't think JB is supporting her completely for free. He may have her "work'' in some of his businesses.

She's probaly still in shock or denial at this point. Maybe she'll come to her senses after a few years and start a new life, but probaly not. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I don't think JB is supporting her completely for free. He may have her "work'' in some of his businesses.

Jessa mentioned she was helping JB with "designing" houses. Maybe Anna does something like that. I'm sure it's an easy job she can do with children. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/19/2022 at 2:12 PM, Future Cat Lady said:

Anna can't leave the Duggars because she has no financial means.

Doesn't Anna still have several properties and LLCs in her name?  Or did they all go toward Josh's (continuing) legal expenses?

• Like 2

That's easy to guess: I'm sure all the newbies at the bottom of the totem pole get custodial jobs.  There're undoubtedly plenty of brooms to go around and lots of toilets to clean. 

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2

The FF has never done an honest days work in his life. His previous custodial experience is helping clean up cracker crumbs. Now he’s on a strict schedule and is forced to earn his keep. How the so called mighty has fallen. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 11
  • Love 4
Just now, beckie said:

How would one find out information like that in the first place? Is it published somewhere?

No, the prisoner lookup on the BOP website only shows where Josh is locked up and when he gets out. WOACB can get insider info like Josh's detail from other prisoners either contacting her directly through SM or email or a family member can contact her.  Prisons have internet and free time.  One could have a field day feeding Katie Joy inside information on Josh.

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Prisons have internet

This can vary greatly by institution and if it's available I'm sure it's extremely restricted.  Otherwise Josh would have a partition set up and a TOR browser installed in no time.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think he's also banned from internet access during his probation which I think is 10 years.  I don't quite remember for sure.

I think it is 20 years post-release. I had forgotten about that.

It's good that FF doesn't have to interact with any evil routers in prison that might try to frame him. 🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think he's also banned from internet access during his probation which I think is 10 years.  I don't quite remember for sure.

Hard to imagine functioning in society in this day & age with no internet access. I mean, I even need internet access to get my medical records. That will certainly make life more complicated for him. Welp - ya play, ya pay!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, skatelady said:

Hard to imagine functioning in society in this day & age with no internet access. I mean, I even need internet access to get my medical records. That will certainly make life more complicated for him. Welp - ya play, ya pay!

No worries, Anna will let him do anything he wants when he gets out.

• Sad 6
5 hours ago, skatelady said:

IIRC, its not no access, its no casual access and only access with permission from whoever it is he's reporting to when released.

But I think its all moot because unless the FF gets scared straight, he'll be back in prison within a year.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

IIRC, its not no access, its no casual access and only access with permission from whoever it is he's reporting to when released.

But I think its all moot because unless the FF gets scared straight, he'll be back in prison within a year.

And when he does eventually get out, he’ll just be using Anna’s accounts. Will those be tracked also?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 3

By the time FF gets out, who knows what the internet, or whatever we will be using will look like.    I mean look how things have changed since 2012.   Online banking wasn't a big thing.   Video conferencing was a pain in the ass (okay it still is, but its a more widespread pain in the ass).   So who knows what the restrictions will really look like.    All that will matter is he has been locked up for 10 years.   And he will have to register as a sex offender.    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

By the time FF gets out, who knows what the internet, or whatever we will be using will look like.    I mean look how things have changed since 2012.   Online banking wasn't a big thing.   Video conferencing was a pain in the ass (okay it still is, but its a more widespread pain in the ass).   So who knows what the restrictions will really look like.    All that will matter is he has been locked up for 10 years.   And he will have to register as a sex offender.    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

OMG, you're right. We'll likely have internet chips in our retinas by then or they'll switch on our vaccines. 🤣

• LOL 22
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Or he will start accounts in his kids names

By then some will be old enough to have been using the internet on their own. What will stop Josh from simply sitting down at someone else’s computer and surfing the internet?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

By then some will be old enough to have been using the internet on their own. What will stop Josh from simply sitting down at someone else’s computer and surfing the internet?

Hopefully their passwords are better than Josh's.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

He's not completely denied internet when he is released. Here's what the order says

The defendant shall not possess, use, or have access to a computer or any other  electronic device that has Internet or photograph storage capabilities without prior advance notice and approval of the U.S. Probation Office. Reasonable requests by the defendant for such approval should not be denied, provided that the defendant allows the U.S. Probation Office to install Internet-monitoring software, the defendant pays for the software, and the defendant submits to random searches of his computers, electronic devices, and peripherals. Reasonable requests to use an employer's
computer on the employer's premises should be granted as well, provided that the employment is not self-employment or employment with a person or entity that is closely affiliated with the defendant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, all fall down said:

He's not completely denied internet when he is released. Here's what the order says

So actual monitoring software, not covenant eyes that lets Anna know so she can ignore it.

• Like 1
  • Love 3