Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

IMO, every AMA (is that what they're called?) I've read is like a horoscope, they put global shit in there folks want to believe and the rest is stuff everyone already knows.

Almost everyone of us who has followed the Duggars could do an AMA(?) and we would likely be believed.

AMA aka Ask Me Anything 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

If the story about consummating the marriage in a side room prior to the reception (with the door guarded by a "naive" sister, who could be Prissy or one of the younger Duggar sisters) is true....well, it's just horrifying for Anna! Can you imagine your first time as a quickie with no real privacy or preparation? For a young woman who knows nothing about sex? 🤮 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

If the story about consummating the marriage in a side room prior to the reception (with the door guarded by a "naive" sister, who could be Prissy or one of the younger Duggar sisters) is true....well, it's just horrifying for Anna! Can you imagine your first time as a quickie with no real privacy or preparation? For a young woman who knows nothing about sex? 🤮 

FF is so vile that one could see this happening, but I don't think it did. He seemed like a bat of hell making a beeline to that hotel room after the reception. 

You know the one, he made Anna struggle with the luggage in her wedding gown. He wanted to GO! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 9

The original question was if Anna and Felon waited until the wedding day. 
The AMA person responded they waited until the wedding night or between the ceremony and reception with the sister guarding the door.

The AMA person didn’t even know…so why they threw that in there, makes me question their validity it even more. Seems more like a fundie urban legend, up there with Jill Duggar’s hysterectomy and Jana’s many supposed courtships.  

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 3
  • Love 5

I can buy that they knew Anna and in particular knew the Kellers. That's why I don't think it's far-fetched that they would have met Nurie but not necessarily known her that well. Nurie is a Keller, after all. I also can buy some of the general statements about fundie culture, even if it isn't anything we don't already know. 

What I think these AMA people need to do to lend to their credibility is to actually say that they don't know when they don't know. I felt like this OP was providing answers for the sake of providing answers. Like I don't find it believable that the OP would know exactly when Josh and Anna consummated their marriage. 

• Love 2

I'm doubt they had sex right after the wedding, but they certainly could have had time for some serious groping and lots of aggressive tongue-kissing all performed by Josh on Anna, which, ew.  Sorry for that image.

Anna looked a lot more traumatized the next day, so I suspect that they waited for actual coitus until that night.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

FF is so vile that one could see this happening, but I don't think it did. He seemed like a bat of hell making a beeline to that hotel room after the reception. 

You know the one, he made Anna struggle with the luggage in her wedding gown. He wanted to GO! 

It was one suitcase, on wheels. Not like she was toting an entire store's worth of suitcases. 

More importantly. Once again: scripted, staged, edited. Not reality. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. I would think it would be best for the children to be off social media. Of course celebrate Mackynzie's bday, take photos (share them in a google album or something if you want family to see them), but if I were in that position, I would explain to the children given our family situation, no social media until you are 18. At 18 you can make your own decision about that, but until then I want to maintain your privacy.

They remain kids at 18 in these families. If they’re not married, they don’t get any agency.

• Sad 2
4 hours ago, Fosca said:

I'm doubt they had sex right after the wedding, but they certainly could have had time for some serious groping and lots of aggressive tongue-kissing all performed by Josh on Anna, which, ew.  Sorry for that image.

Anna looked a lot more traumatized the next day, so I suspect that they waited for actual coitus until that night.

Based on what we heard FF did to his sisters, I could definitely see FF groping or pawing Anna right after the ceremony. Yuck.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Based on what we heard FF did to his sisters, I could definitely see FF groping or pawing Anna right after the ceremony. Yuck.

But he was now married. He could grope her in public, and no one would have batted an eye. Hell, some might have thought it was sweet. 🙄

• Sad 8
15 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

But he was now married. He could grope her in public, and no one would have batted an eye. Hell, some might have thought it was sweet. 🙄

That happened to one of the Bates sisters. There's a picture of the groom aggressively grabbing her ass while kissing her.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2
  • Fire 1
44 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

A tutor? Sorry but 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

He can read, how ever poorly, and that puts him way ahead of a lot of inmates. Kinda of a scary thought that he might be one of the better educated fiends in there.

GeeGolly, I just skimmed it but he supposedly was working as a tutor for two weeks before being fired for his attitude.

Edited by Cattoy
ETA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
56 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't click on links - could someone share what the article says?

It says Josh is no longer a tutor at the facility. The “source” assumes it’s due to Josh’s arrogance.

Is this “exclusive “ from without a crystal ball? 🤦‍♀️

• Thanks 3
  • LOL 5

I wanna know the relationship advice per Gothard when your husband is behind bars?   Its not like you can be joyfully available if you know what I mean (this has been discussed ad nauseam, there are no conjugal visits in federal prison).   How does she follow the advice of her headship if he is only available by collect call?   

• Love 2
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I wanna know the relationship advice per Gothard when your husband is behind bars?   Its not like you can be joyfully available if you know what I mean (this has been discussed ad nauseam, there are no conjugal visits in federal prison).   How does she follow the advice of her headship if he is only available by collect call?   

Phone sex?  Of course she can see him 4 hours per month, which she is apparently doing, but no physical stuff.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

Pretty sure the calls are monitored.  If he is caught doing stuff like that he could lose privileges.   he already lost out on the tutoring job which sounds like a pretty good job in prison.   Let's see how long before he gets in major trouble.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

I don't think Josh expects to win his appeal. I think he doesn't want Anna to move any closer and to visit more often.

Relationship books only have value when both parties want to work on a relationship. I think Josh has zero interest, and I don't think that Anna thinks she has been anything less than an ideal partner.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

As far as phone usage, where FF is, inmates get 500 minutes a month. The calls are monitored and can be recorded. They’re allowed 15 minutes for each call, and have to wait an hour before they can make another call.

• Useful 9
4 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Relationship books only have value when both parties want to work on a relationship. I think Josh has zero interest, and I don't think that Anna thinks she has been anything less than an ideal partner.

Maybe I'm naive, but is there really a wide range of relationship books for people who aren't going to have unrestricted communication for the next decade?

• Sad 1
  • LOL 11

I wonder if Smugs is getting hammered at by JB to carry on a prison ministry and preach the correct Jesus to the other inmates.

I can't believe that JB has abandoned his fantasy that Smugs will be a 21st Century St. Paul, preaching the Gospel while imprisoned. The delusion runs deep there.

And I can't believe that there could be anything further from Smug's mind than the thought, "Gosh I can't wait to pray and preach my way through the next 12 years of my life." 

Smugs seemed to be pretty checked out from the One Big Happy Christian Mega-Family schtick - even before the first Joshgate scandal and between that and his arrest on the charges that have lend to his current status as a guest of the federal government. Those things showed us he was pursuing seriously deviant (and felonious) activities in secret from his family. I've wondered if he might find prison at least a respite from having to keep up a front for them. I mean, there he is and there's no denying it and they can't get at him 24/7.

While Anna provides him with a consistent and frequent amount of attention with phone calls and brief visits, I don't see his eyes lighting up at the thought of his wife and kids moving to live near the prison. 

Hard to know for sure of course, how he's adjusting to this new season of his life. And TBH, the important thing is that he *is* in prison, and how he's dealing with it is secondary.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 10
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t follow this much.  I was wondering if the general consensus is that Anna will wait patiently for Josh’s release from prison.  

I don't think she has much choice, but at this point I believe she is definitely choosing to stand by FF and wait for him.

How sad it will be for Anna, when after waiting a decade for Josh she will likely only have months with him before he violates his terms of release.

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Have you ever watched any of those shows that feature women who start long distance relationships with men who are serving long prison sentences?  Some even marry!  There seems to be some kind of mental thing they find satisfying.  If Anna could tap into that, I suppose it will work for her, but it sure is a long time to put things on hold, because his release will likely not be the great reunion you would hope for.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I think that Anna has some idea that they will strengthen their "spiritual bond" while Josh is in prison -- hence the relationship books. They will pray together and talk about the various devotional exercises in the books, etc. 

I also think that Anna's presence isn't comforting for Josh at all. If he had any hopes of loosening his parents' control over him, they've been completely thwarted. He has no hope of finding a job or a place to live outside the TTH orbit once he leaves prison. If she won't leave him now, she's never going anywhere, and the end of his sentence just means back to his "life" pre-prison. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Have you ever watched any of those shows that feature women who start long distance relationships with men who are serving long prison sentences?  Some even marry!  There seems to be some kind of mental thing they find satisfying.  If Anna could tap into that, I suppose it will work for her, but it sure is a long time to put things on hold, because his release will likely not be the great reunion you would hope for.  

Yes I have seen those. Once Anna flips the switch from “Josh is coming home soon.” to “This will give us a chance to strengthen our spiritual bond and pray.”

Anna may be somewhat happy that she knows where Josh is and the highlight of his week may be her phone call. I do see her playing into the “stand by my man” narrative. For the record, I do understand a spouse staying by an incarcerated partner for a non violent crime, especially if you have children together; but Josh is vile. 

44 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that Anna has some idea that they will strengthen their "spiritual bond" while Josh is in prison -- hence the relationship books. They will pray together and talk about the various devotional exercises in the books, etc. 

I also think that Anna's presence isn't comforting for Josh at all. If he had any hopes of loosening his parents' control over him, they've been completely thwarted. He has no hope of finding a job or a place to live outside the TTH orbit once he leaves prison. If she won't leave him now, she's never going anywhere, and the end of his sentence just means back to his "life" pre-prison. 

Yes exactly, which probably makes Josh depressed (not that I care about Josh’s feelings, he’s an evil person.) I have shared I have a friend who’s father is a registered sex offender (he served for a contact crime on an unrelated minor, and at this point he’s been out longer than he served). Life is not easy for him, his extended family doesn’t have much to do with him it was hard for him to find work after he was released. My friend says the years he was in prison were the best years, because her Mom never left him and is in denial about what he has done (reminds me of Anna although she’s not fundy or religious). I see Josh having a similar experience. As Anna’s children become adults I wonder if they will have a similar experience as my friend (she’s one of 5, she has nothing to do with her father, some of the sibling see him sometimes). 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

If any woman writes to Josh while he is in prison, wanting to get to know him better, I can see him writing her back and getting stuff going with his new pen-pals.   Anna never has to know.  

I could see this too. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4