Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

E4473115-B861-47EA-915E-0E5B2C114739.jpeg

David Keller:

6F0D3006-F7F8-4718-8754-6BD9F5FAE798.jpeg

1CC4EDD7-EA72-4F6F-80FC-5B724467E017.jpeg

He's not bad looking. I think he looks a lot like Anna. 

49 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Maybe I’m really innocent here or ignorant I don’t get what’s wrong with the photo? 

A cherry is a slang term for a woman's virginity and that is as detailed as I will get. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

A cherry is a slang term for a woman's virginity and that is as detailed as I will get. 

Ok I get it now, Honestly though I'm sure to some people it looks like an innocent photo. At first I did think something rude but then I thought surely not there Fundies (how would they know), so I assumed it was an innocent photo. 

• Love 1

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe David is Nathan's partner in the lawn care business.

I have no idea how lucrative the business is, but Nathan and Nurie are living in some sort of mobile home.  Granted, his leech of a mother-in-law is a huge drain on his bank account.

Hannah Reber is by all accounts a classically trained pianist.  She grew up in a well-to-do family.  Will she be happy with David?  If they do get married she will no doubt supplement their income by giving lessons.   How will she fit a piano in a mobile home?

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

I think it's a stretch to say the Rebers are well to do.  They have a decent house and property out in the country in Arkansas.  That isn't all that tough to do.  Mr. Reber has a regular job.  

I do agree though that the young couple do not seem well matched.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I think it's a stretch to say the Rebers are well to do.  They have a decent house and property out in the country in Arkansas.  That isn't all that tough to do.  Mr. Reber has a regular job.  

I do agree though that the young couple do not seem well matched.

I agree, the Rebers are not well to do, but they are solidly middle class while the Kellers seem to be somewhat less financially stable and more lower middle class.

It does beg the question as to why Hannah and David would be considered a good match, although the Kellers do seem to have had a bit of luck when it comes to their kids marrying into families with more financial stability, Nathan and Esther excepted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Ok, I stand corrected.

My point is that the Rebers seem to be comfortable financially.  I know houses are more affordable in Arkansas, and the dad having a real job is a plus.  They also, if I am not mistaken sent both of their children to a real university.  So yes, solidly middle class, but well-to-do compared to the Kellers.

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

She has so much makeup caked on that I can’t tell.

Holy crap. I googled "Hannah Reber David Keller." She looks like she's going for the Kardashians look. As in two Kardashians' worth of makeup at a time. So much for modesty. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Anna looks good.  Not haggard or outwardly stressed looking.  She's wearing 33 pretty well. 

Her ignorance must truly be bliss.    

Maybe she is happy that Smuggar might go away? She would never admit that but maybe somewhere deep down? 

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Anna looks good.  Not haggard or outwardly stressed looking.  She's wearing 33 pretty well. 

Her ignorance must truly be bliss.    

Not that it really matters, but that picture is from October 2020. The latest  hadn’t  hit yet.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe she is happy that Smuggar might go away? She would never admit that but maybe somewhere deep down? 

I can see that.  She obviously has to pretend to stand by her husband no matter what he did like a good submissive wife, but maybe secretly she is relieved. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I can see that.  She obviously has to pretend to stand by her husband no matter what he did like a good submissive wife, but maybe secretly she is relieved. 

Who knows? I honestly doubt it but if she was tired of the marriage, she knows she could never do anything about it, 'til death do us part...... and maybe all these kids keep her too busy to realize what an awful perv she is married to. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

At least she had enough sense not to post a gushing Father's Day tribute to Josh this year. 

Maybe Anna has no access to a phone/computer. Would not surprise me if Jim took everything away from her.

Including allowance, car keys, passport etc

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kellyee said:

If I remember correctly, Anna's brother offered to help her leave Josh after the first disaster. And one of Anna's sisters is either divorced or was an unmarried mother for a while. Anna could have left 3 kids ago when the brood was more manageable. But instead she stayed and got pregnant 3 more times. Everything that happened after she knew what Josh was doing right after Meredith was born is her own bed to lie in. She had three additional kids with a man who required accountability software on his computer. She might be living back in the girls dormitory in Duggar-land as we speak. Anna is delusional.

Yes, Anna's oldest brother, Daniel, begged her to leave Josh when the first scandal came out.  Her sister Rebecca is divorced and remarried and another sister, Susanna (I think?) had a baby without being married.  Seems like Esther, Priscilla, Anna and Nathan are the super fundie, don't step out of line, kids and the others did their own thing. 

Ma and Pa Keller did not disown any of their kids for any of their decisions, that I know of.  

David and Hannah look like a cute couple to me.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Please remember not to post anything from private social media accounts on here. If you’re not sure it is public, please verify. 

Maybe Nathan prioritizes his money differently than David? I've known few folks who live below their means, although I know more who live beyond their means. If their lawn care business is legit and makes good money, maybe David will choose to buy a house, or build one on the Keller property. The brothers have at least been exposed to different homes and lifestyles through their siblings.

Its hard for me to wrap my head around living in a tiny RV, but many folks do it and there is that whole tiny home movement going on, so maybe Nathan and Nurie are choosing to live in their humble abode.

• Love 7
(edited)

I think it was a huge mistake for the judge to agree to house Josh with pals of his parents. He is STILL in that fundamentalist orbit! He should have been left in jail, or at least housed with normal, “worldly” non-parents.

Edited by Dianaofthehunt
  • Love 15
On 6/24/2021 at 8:40 PM, Albanyguy said:

At least she had enough sense not to post a gushing Father's Day tribute to Josh this year. 

Could you imagine the comments on that post if she did 😬

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

The Crystal Ball person on Youtube is reporting that at least one of Anna's kids is in Texas.

Who cares? all I care about is when the hell will Anna do the right thing and divorce Smugs?

2 hours ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

I think it was a huge mistake for the judge to agree to house Josh with pals of his parents. He is STILL in that fundamentalist orbit! He should have been left in jail, or at least housed with normal, “worldly” non-parents.

What normal person would take him?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

The Crystal Ball person on Youtube is reporting that at least one of Anna's kids is in Texas.

Doesn’t one of Anna’s wealthier sisters live there....

8 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Why is it that everytime I see Smugs mug shot he is smiling with his eyes?

He’s never faced a real consequence for anything he’s ever done in his entire life.  This is barely a speed bump. 

• Love 6

Because he doesn’t have to actually “parent” his children, he doesn’t have to pretend to be the devoted husband (gag!), he doesn’t have to do anything. He gets to stay in a house and do nothing. And yet I am sure he believes he will be off scott-free because he is a Duggar! Reality will soon hit him in the face once he is thrown in jail. Then let’s see that smile…

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

And who would that be? Some random person plucked from the voter rolls? Jim Bob and Smuggar don't have any "normal, 'worldly' non-parents" friends. 

• Love 13
50 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Doesn’t one of Anna’s wealthier sisters live there....

She said there was a photo on social media of one of the kids at David Waller's church's bible school.  I guess that's Anna's brother-in-law.  But maybe it's an old photo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

She said there was a photo on social media of one of the kids at David Waller's church's bible school.  I guess that's Anna's brother-in-law.  But maybe it's an old photo.

No, it's a new picture. It was posted to David's church's IG. Marcus actually appeared in three pictures.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Because he doesn’t have to actually “parent” his children, he doesn’t have to pretend to be the devoted husband (gag!), he doesn’t have to do anything. He gets to stay in a house and do nothing. And yet I am sure he believes he will be off scott-free because he is a Duggar! Reality will soon hit him in the face once he is thrown in jail. Then let’s see that smile…

Yeah, I’m afraid that old Joshie is going to have an extremely rude awakening! 😈

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Has Smuggs done any time in jail? I enjoy the schadenfreude here, but don't keep up with the day-to-day, so I'm shaky on some of the details. Has he spent even an overnight in jail? I would think (hope) that even just that would get through to him and take away some of that infamous smugness. 

• Love 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, DXD526 said:

Has Smuggs done any time in jail? I enjoy the schadenfreude here, but don't keep up with the day-to-day, so I'm shaky on some of the details. Has he spent even an overnight in jail? I would think (hope) that even just that would get through to him and take away some of that infamous smugness. 

I think he spent a little over a week in jail. If anything his smugness increased while he was in jail. Just look at the picture when he was released. 

Edited by Rabbittron
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

I'm glad some of Anna's kids have been able to get away from what must be a very stressful warehouse these days.  Priscilla and David, while not the sharpest tools in the shed, seem to be very kind people.  I hope Marcus has a lot of fun with them.

David and Priscilla are extremely fundie, but it's probably better than being at home. 

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Temperance said:

David and Priscilla are extremely fundie, but it's probably better than being at home. 

They still appear to actually enjoy their children, and they do more than sit around and wait for something to happen. That's a definite bonus. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Mack and Michael also went to Texas, accompanied by Pa Keller and David. Pa Keller spoke at Waller's church last Sunday and mentioned the Keller/Reber courtship, although he corrected himself and called it pre-courtship. He said they'd come from Arkansas, where David had ministered to someone who was "hurting." I think we all know to whom he referred.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 15
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Mack and Michael also went to Texas, accompanied by Pa Keller and David. Pa Keller spoke at Waller's church last Sunday and mentioned the Keller/Reber courtship, although he corrected himself and called it pre-courtship. He said they'd come from Arkansas, where David had ministered to someone who was "hurting." I think we all know to whom he referred.

Did they pick up Jackson Duggar too? Wasn’t he in the same photo with the Spivey kids as one of the M’s? Was Pa Keller along since he is into prison ministry?

27 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Did they pick up Jackson Duggar too? Wasn’t he in the same photo with the Spivey kids as one of the M’s? Was Pa Keller along since he is into prison ministry?

The Kellers might have brought Jackson with them, but he is too old for Vacation Bible School. 😁 That's where the pics of Mack, Mike, and Marcus came from. Then David made the church's IG page private, but the FB page (where Mike's sermon can be found) is still public.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Wasn’t he in the same photo with the Spivey kids as one of the M’s?

Jackson was just pictured with the Spivey kids. Someone on Reddit thought one of Claire's little brothers was Marcus Duggar.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Jackson was just pictured with the Spivey kids. Someone on Reddit thought one of Claire's little brothers was Marcus Duggar.

Marcus has a very distinctive look. If he had been in that picture with Jackson, we would have noticed it straight away.

• Useful 2

I guess I was imagining a stink bus trip from Arkansas to Texas, with random Kellers, Duggars etc! So do we think Jackson went to the Spivey birthday party with Jason or some other former Howler? Maybe Jackson is summering with Claritin. Perhaps he’s Boob’s spy since Justin is not in Arkansas anymore.

2 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I wonder if the Rebers are constantly praying with and at Josh. 

Probably, but people have been praying with and at Josh most of his life, and it hasn't done much good. 

• Love 18