Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

A December baby named Holly would be very cute but watch Jessa ruin it all by naming the baby “Mistletoe”

And encourage KISSING random people?! Surely, you jest!

• LOL 17
18 hours ago, floridamom said:

I like the sound of Holly Seewald....very nice.

10 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

And would be especially fitting if she is born in December.

6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

A December baby named Holly would be very cute but watch Jessa ruin it all by naming the baby “Mistletoe”

I think Holly would be a very pretty name for a girl born in December. 

• Like 14
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

I think the name will be unique… and I won’t  like it. 

I can’t think of much I could care LESS about than this bitch having another baby born into a cult. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 6

I suspect Spurgeon will proudly use his name until the day he dies. He'll have few to no outsiders to tease him and he is very much his parents' child. He'll probably carry around tracts explaining the wonder that Charles Spurgeon (& himself) is.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
On 10/24/2023 at 5:54 PM, GeeGolly said:

I suspect Spurgeon will proudly use his name until the day he dies. He'll have few to no outsiders to tease him and he is very much his parents' child. He'll probably carry around tracts explaining the wonder that Charles Spurgeon (& himself) is.

I read a book that covered little used baby names in the 1800s, and Spurgeon was one of the names. Some poor pioneer boy had that name too.

• Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 6
14 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Someday in the not too distant future, there will be a Mrs. Spurgeon Seewald and she and her headship will have their own thread here!

He will marry young. Remember Jessa telling us that he was afraid he would die before he got married? How fucked up is that? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 19
On 10/23/2023 at 8:30 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Some poor male Seewald spawn will get the middle name Tozer. It was between that and Wilberforce for Henry. Both utterly wretched. 

Isn't that the name of the ghoul in the original Ghostbusters movie?

No, that was Gozer.

If Jessa is in the Christmas spirit already, maybe she'll go with Frasier, Balsam, Scotch or Douglas.

• LOL 15
33 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

No, that was Gozer.

If Jessa is in the Christmas spirit already, maybe she'll go with Frasier, Balsam, Scotch or Douglas.

She has yet to name her boys after plants (or trees in this case). 😀

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

No, that was Gozer.

Lol! I wish she’d go with Frasier since the (fictional) Frasier who comes to mind for most people is all about higher education, social drinking, and serial monogamy. We would have so much fun snarking on a Fundie Frasier. Pour the sherry! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Newman Christian is taken and that’s as bad as Spurgeon 

Jessa goes with actual theologians (Spurgeon, Wilberforce) and martyrs (Elliot). Newman was named for a bible verse saying something like "I am a new man in Christ." Christian speaks for itself. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

A girl might get Holly if it's a December baby. 

I think it will be born before then. 

The Holly and The Ivy is an old Christmas carol.

12 hours ago, Zella said:

In Jessa's Bible it apparently says thou shalt name thy sons after preachers and thou shalt name thy daughters after plants. 

Ivy did get a middle name to fit into Bin's Mount Rushmore of Protestant Preachers or at least the female version.  She's named after Lady Jane Grey.  I can't remember if Fern's middle name is a homage to another obedient Protestant woman.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
21 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Ivy did get a middle name to fit into Bin's Mount Rushmore of Protestant Preachers or at least the female version.  She's named after Lady Jane Grey.  I can't remember if Fern's middle name is a homage to another obedient Protestant woman.

Elliana is Fern's middle name.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
On 10/24/2023 at 4:54 PM, GeeGolly said:

Spurgeon is a carbon copy of Jessa IMO.  That’s probably why he’s my least favorite Seewald spawn.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

You're right! I forgot all about that.

• Like 3

But wait! Don't forget: Jessa could be carrying twins.  So she'd need two names.

She's so sly. 🙄

(Too bad Ivy's taken, because I thought Holly and Ivy would be great for twin girls.)

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
20 minutes ago, floridamom said:

However, I think Jessa will not go this route because it's a nice sounding name

😄😄😄

1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Wow, if she has a girl in December, Holly Noelle has a nice ring to it. However, I think Jessa will not go this route because it's a nice sounding name. Does Fern have a middle name? Yes, Ivy's middle name is Jane.

Fern's middle name is Elliana. Don't know any Christian heroes or martyrs (see Lady Jane Grey) with that name. 

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Fern's middle name is Elliana. Don't know any Christian heroes or martyrs (see Lady Jane Grey) with that name. 

They explained why they picked Elliana when they revealed Fern's name. It means something Christian (supposedly), but I forgot what and am too lazy to look it up.

Edited by beckie
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Holly Elisabeth or Jasper Tozer.

Fern and Ivy are ground-covering plants, so Sage or Violet would be appropriate. I want Holly to be a contender because I think as a sibling group, Ivy, Fern, and Holly are cute.

A.W. Tozer's first name was Aiden, but that's probably not old-fashioned enough for the Seewalds. Felix and Jasper have the feeling that Henry has, and Jasper even has a biblical background, supposedly one of the three wise men and one of the precious stones found in scripture.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3

I still think Tozer sounds like that guy in high school who knew where to get the good weed.

I was under the impression that Ben and his religious obsession gets to name the boys.  That's why we have Spurgeon.  It's possible Jessa put her foot down with Henry or he would be named Wilberforce right now.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
30 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I still think Tozer sounds like that guy in high school who knew where to get the good weed.

I was under the impression that Ben and his religious obsession gets to name the boys.  That's why we have Spurgeon.  It's possible Jessa put her foot down with Henry or he would be named Wilberforce right now.

They named Ivy Jane after Lady Jane Grey, pawn extraordinaire. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They named Ivy Jane after Lady Jane Grey, pawn extraordinaire. 

That one still cracks me up. She wasn't a Protestant martyr but a martyr of shitty parents who got her killed trying to steal the throne from Mary. Her faith had nothing to do with it. Even Mary knew that and spared her life until Jane's father did something stupid. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 18
  • Useful 5
9 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

That one still cracks me up. She wasn't a Protestant martyr but a martyr of shitty parents who got her killed trying to steal the throne from Mary. Her faith had nothing to do with it. Even Mary knew that and spared her life until Jane's father did something stupid. 

Yup, that's why I called her a pawn. I wonder what story Ben has read? 

• Like 10

"In June 1553, the dying Edward VI wrote his will, nominating Jane and her male heirs as successors to the Crown, in part because his half-sister Mary was Catholic, while Jane* was a committed Protestant and would support the reformed Church of England, whose foundation Edward laid."

*who was a first cousin, once removed.

This is a good video on her. She was as fervent a Protestant as Edward.

• Useful 6
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Mary knew that Jane would always be a threat because the protestants would rally behind her. Elizabeth was also a threat but she was smart enough to placate Mary by going to mass among other things (even though she made sure people knew she didn't like it). Jane wasn't stupid, she just wasn't sly enough to play the game. And yes, she was a pawn of her parents. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I really did like Jessa’s wedding dress and Ben’s outfit. It’s pretty and suited her. I liked the blush pink as well. 

She really did have a beautiful dress, and he looked very good, too.  Certainly no comparison to poor Nurie. I wonder if her children will have a chance to look as nice at their weddings.  

• Like 8