Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Not a fan of the salmon bowties or sloppy bridesmaids dresses. That color clashed with the blush dress. Should have gone with blue or green or (help me) a neutral. 

Worst bridesmaids dresses ever.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

That was such a Jessa move. I remember her tossing the plastic wrapped dresses to her sisters to try on. Buy a nice wedding gown and cheap bridesmaids' dresses and save the difference. Plus, she was going to have no one, including her SsIL look better than her on her wedding day.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1

Ruched, ruffled, thin fast fashion, salmon, messes of dresses. Blush pink bride, salmon bridesmaids and hot pink sashes on the flower girls. And notice Jordan's black shoes. Bottom pics are the closest to the actual colors.

image.png.3ee2daaf3cef02f305a41b9b063b159c.pngimage.png.49c61b675bdadcd1f4ca19b3ac97c8b0.pngimage.png.724d1ff595da632865a1b1ec89477790.png

image.png.37c083aa8f096ab6b2ee82904ec03e40.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I really did like Jessa’s wedding dress and Ben’s outfit. It’s pretty and suited her. I liked the blush pink as well. 

It's still my favorite of the Duggar wedding gowns.

• Like 10
13 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

She really did have a beautiful dress, and he looked very good, too.  Certainly no comparison to poor Nurie. I wonder if her children will have a chance to look as nice at their weddings.  

Not only poor Nurie, but Kaylee too with the crooked head piece. I really liked Jessa's dress too. I wanted a light pinkish wedding dress, but never found anything I really liked.

• Like 5
On 11/3/2023 at 11:33 AM, oliviabenson said:

Petegru was used in Harry Potter lol. 

I thought of that because the Pettigru spelling seemed off to me. Plus it was a last name, I believe it was Peter Pettigrew, though that doesn't quite look right either. He was Scabbers the rat through most of the books.

• Like 5
58 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I thought of that because the Pettigru spelling seemed off to me. Plus it was a last name, I believe it was Peter Pettigrew, though that doesn't quite look right either. He was Scabbers the rat through most of the books.

You've got it right, it was Peter Pettigrew AKA Scabbers AKA Wormtail.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

That’s who I meant but forgot how to spell it correctly.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, floridamom said:

You could see in those few photos how upset Jordan was that Jessa was leaving her. That's not the way it's supposed to be. Michelle obviously didn't bond with any of the subsequent children after the first few IMO.

I still remember that scene too. Jordyn was devastated that Jessa was leaving. The poor girl was sobbing so hard. One of the other little girls sobbed when the girls' left I think it was Jenny. The Bates had Jed sobbing at Tori leaving and Callie at Michael's. It was so messed up for the girls' marrying and leaving and their little siblings that they raised as if they were their mothers.

• Like 5
  • Sad 12

If Jessa names her next girl Willow it will be a  7 degrees of moment. Josie Bates has a Willow and the Duggars have a Josie. But nothing can beat Ivy, Evie and Evey.

Well of course Joshua, Joseph, Josiah and Josie, (& Jessa & Jason). John, Jana and Jennifer. And lastly Joy Anna and Johanna.

• LOL 14
52 minutes ago, Zella said:

If The Sun is to be believed, all Duggar boys who aren't Josh are named Jed!. 😂

In all honesty, I'm surprised they aren't all named after JB like George Foreman's kids: Jim Bob Jr., JB, JR, Jimmy, Bobby, Jamie, Robbie, Bertie, James and Robert.

• Like 2
  • LOL 22

That filthy towel hanging on the door doesn't add anything to the picture.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  If she thinks a mountain of dirty diapers on the dresser is a great thing to post, I'm guessing laundry is not a priority, either.  She probably burnt out on laundry years ago.  That whole house must be filthy.

Edited by CalicoKitty
It helps to have all the words in the sentence.
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

Stuff like the dirty towel is why I don't believe that Jessa is a slob due to depression. I think she really just does not care about stuff being dirty and is baffled by the rest of the world thinking she's nasty. 

• Like 22

Sleeveless top and third trimester. 

Jessa loves to mislead her followers. I wonder when that picture was actually taken. 

Was that a screen grab? Because its not much of a shill for her fake insurance if that's all she posted.

• Like 6
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa loves to mislead her followers. I wonder when that picture was actually taken. 

Was that a screen grab? Because its not much of a shill for her fake insurance if that's all she posted.

Jessa's timelines are never to be trusted, but the weather here keeps ricocheting back and forth between being unseasonably warm and unseasonably cold. It's basically 80 today after hitting the 20s about a week ago and will remain that way for a couple of days before the temps drop to a more seasonable level. So, for once in her life, she may have posted on the same day she took the picture. LOL

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It's not a screen grab. It's the actual pic she posted. And I didn't notice the filthy towel til it was pointed out. Ick. Ick. Ick. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

That filthy towel hanging on the door doesn't add anything to the picture.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  If she thinks a mountain of dirty diapers on the dresser is a great thing to post, I'm guessing laundry is not a priority, either.  She probably burnt on laundry years ago.  That whole house must be filthy.

It really is filthy, too. She's just so oblivious to it all. It's not beyond the realm of comprehension that I might have a filthy towel somewhere in my house. If I was going to take a picture, though, I'd stash it somewhere. If I had taken a picture of myself and noticed later that there was some filthy towel in the frame, I'd take another picture and not post that one to SM. 

• Like 21
8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

It really is filthy, too. She's just so oblivious to it all. It's not beyond the realm of comprehension that I might have a filthy towel somewhere in my house. If I was going to take a picture, though, I'd stash it somewhere. If I had taken a picture of myself and noticed later that there was some filthy towel in the frame, I'd take another picture and not post that one to SM. 

Why choose to take a picture of yourself in the bathroom to begin with? Yuck!

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Why choose to take a picture of yourself in the bathroom to begin with? Yuck!

Jessa needed a mirror big enough to get a full body selfie.  She ought to do what Carlin Bates did and buy a massive mirror and just lean it against a wall.  It's currently in her bedroom, I think and she often posts whole family selfies using it.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I can't fault her on the sleeveless...I live a bit north of her (southern Illinois), and it has been in the upper 70s for several days. Also, when I was in my third trimester I was running around in short sleeves in late winter because I was roasting. Hot flashes had nothing on the end of pregnancy for me...at least the flash doesn't last for a long time.
But dirty towels and the name Spurgeon: fair game in my book!

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, Notabug said:

Jessa needed a mirror big enough to get a full body selfie.  She ought to do what Carlin Bates did and buy a massive mirror and just lean it against a wall.  It's currently in her bedroom, I think and she often posts whole family selfies using it.

Nah, that mirror was too big to move upstairs. It remains in the living room. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Ben and his hellfire stories is unsettling. Jessa posted a short video about the evening ritual of Ben reading to Fern and Ivy.  Oh isn't that sweet? No because it is a story about someone call Great Heart (at first I thought he said Braveheart which would have been worse). The section he is reading is about Greatheart swinging his sword saying the wages of sin is death. What is wrong with him/them and everyone saying how sweet?  He does not understand age appropriate.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 1

Life update and projects. She attempted to put in a deck by herself. I believe it was Ivy that came out while Jessa is working on the deck. She was crawling around and walking through the work area barefoot. Shouldn't be a shock because why be concerned they could step on a nail or shaving of wood? I believe Spurgeon and Henry were barefoot while helping Jana and others that came in to help.  She also cut a piece of wood in the parking lot where they were, so it would fit into the van. All and all, pretty boring as usual.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 3

She said she purchased that plant of wood at Lowes. Does she not know that Lowes will give you one cut for free? She should have let them to it for her. I noticed the man in the parking lot looking at her like Jessa was a nut or something while she was sawing the wood right out there, and YES, with improper footwear. It was such a boring video, really. I wish they would quit with those awful "sermons" that they are giving their children. I would have an ulcer by now if I was told these things by my parents at that age. Awful of them.

• Like 19

Is this the same “update” where Jessa is shilling those Mix Tile pictures? I think every Fundie influencer out there has been pushing those the last few days. Just what a kid wants in their bland boring room, photos of their family. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, ozziemom said:

Is this the same “update” where Jessa is shilling those Mix Tile pictures? I think every Fundie influencer out there has been pushing those the last few days. Just what a kid wants in their bland boring room, photos of their family. 

No, none of that. The footage in this video was from summer when Jessa was showing far less. 

• Like 3

Jana and some brothers helped Jessa build a deck. Jessa cutting that board in sandals, using a shopping cart for a table to cut on, was ridiculous! And she was pregnant!

I guess people (looked like high schoolers) had been cutting through their fence and yard. Jessa and her brothers (even Ben helped) got the fence repaired and they fixed a drainage ditch that ran through their yard and fenced it in to have more yard for her many blessings to play in!

Edited by BetyBee
ETA that Jana was wearing shorts in the video!
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
19 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Ben and his hellfire stories is unsettling. Jessa posted a short video about the evening ritual of Ben reading to Fern and Ivy.  Oh isn't that sweet? No because it is a story about someone call Great Heart (at first I thought he said Braveheart which would have been worse). The section he is reading is about Greatheart swinging his sword saying the wages of sin is death. What is wrong with him/them and everyone saying how sweet?  He does not understand age appropriate.

I guess I should have looked the book up before spouting my opinion but I still think the section he was reading did not sound age appropriate. It is an adaptation of Pilgrim's Progress for children, Little Pilgrim's Big Journey. The christian parents  seem to love it.  https://www.amazon.com/Little-Pilgrims-Big-Journey-Illustrated/dp/198997502X/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

• Sad 2
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

That deck needed to be permitted and inspected by the county. I don't think she "legally" built it. An inspector needs to drop by and check it out.

Hopefully someone has reported this to the proper authorities.

• Like 5

Laws and regulations about permits and inspections vary from location to location even within the same county.  To install a replacement water heater two miles from me requires a permit and following inspection yet I'm free to replace mine at will with zero oversight.  My neighbors didn't require a permit to put a deck behind their house as long as it wasn't x feet above ground level.  I'm not saying the Duggars don't likely ignore building regulations, but they do vary considerably across the country.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 4