Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Baby Bliss Ultrasound NWA, so its a vanity scan. I thought Jessa said she now believes in hospital births and will never have another baby without an epidural. Why the vanity scan?

Could anyone see a due date or how many weeks the baby is?

Good catch. Jessa is a liar. 

• Like 10
42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Baby Bliss Ultrasound NWA, so its a vanity scan. I thought Jessa said she now believes in hospital births and will never have another baby without an epidural. Why the vanity scan?

She blacked that info out. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The vanity scan places usually do not do the measurements to obtain the information needed to assess the gestational age or due date.  If they did, they could be liable should their measurements turn out to be inaccurate.  Everyone who has an ultrasound at one of those places has to sign a waiver that they understand the scan was purely for entertainment and no medical data will be obtained and no diagnoses made.

The fetus in the photos she is showing is late first/early second trimester, in my estimation.  If the scan is recent, she would be due late March/early April.

Edited by Notabug
  • Useful 19
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think they're mutually exclusive. It's likely their Jesus-loving insurance doesn't cover the whole cost of ultrasounds, and a vanity scan would be cheaper.

• Like 8
20 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I don't think they're mutually exclusive. It's likely their Jesus-loving insurance doesn't cover the whole cost of ultrasounds, and a vanity scan would be cheaper.

I think that Scamaritan and other Christian cost sharing insurance scams would happily pay for ultrasounds. They're all about the babies. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Is that a recent photo?  Or a previous pregnancy?  She looks to be well into the third trimester, 34-36 weeks, I'd guess.

I scrolled through her Instagram pregnancy pictures and didn't see that one. I did notice she shills this "insurance" every pregnancy and a few times in between.

• Sad 3

I'm surprised Jill liked this post. It could almost be seen as an FU from Jessa to Jill. Jessa had extra expenses with all of her pregnancies, yet hers were paid for. They weren't saddled with 10s of 1000s of dollars in debt like the Dillards were.

To me, unless used correctly these filtered blurred backgrounds tend to look like Sears Portraits.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
39 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Is that a recent photo?  Or a previous pregnancy?  She looks to be well into the third trimester, 34-36 weeks, I'd guess.

That would work. She miscarried in December. Pregnant in her next cycle is not out of the question. 

5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think that Scamaritan and other Christian cost sharing insurance scams would happily pay for ultrasounds. They're all about the babies. 

They're all about forced birth, they don't actually want to spend money on babies, especially when their entire business plan amounts to paying as little as possible.

I don't know about Christian insurances specifically, but I know people who's insurance would only cover 1 ultrasound unless there were issues. A lot of them go to vanity places for more images. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4

LOL, I should have clarified that the Christian cost sharing scam Insurance companies only care for UNBORN babies. Jury's out as to whether they coughed up for Jessa's post birth complications. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Autofill strikes again!
  • Like 12

I do think that Jessa's experiences with Christian Health Ministries is atypical.  Scams like this do need to pay out some claims in order to stay in business.  If they rejected every claim, then they would lose too many clients.  So, they pay out for select individuals in return for Jessa promoting them.  As soon as CHM decides Jessa is not holding up her end of their agreement, they will start to deny her claims.  

• Like 13
  • Useful 2
On 10/3/2023 at 9:37 PM, Sweetpea12 said:

These pix were posted in this forum on August 14th.  Any idea how far along she'd be at that time?

image.png.a2e55ea93386fa72a7630dc300324552.png

Well into her third trimester, 34-36 weeks I'd think.  As I recall, Jessica is fairly short and so she looks bigger when pregnant than many women.

If that pic is mid August, I'd think she'd be due fairly soon, probably sometime this month.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 6
On 10/3/2023 at 11:29 PM, lascuba said:

tian insurances specifically, but I know people who's insurance would only cover 1 ultrasound unless there were issues. A lot of them go to vanity places for more images. 

Many, if not most, insurance plans only cover up to two scans per pregnancy unless there is a specific problem requiring serial US.  Most of the time, perinatal ultrasonography units just eat the extra cost.  If the woman's attending physician performs the ultrasounds, many insurance plans consider that part of the routine care being provided and don't pay anything at all for the ultrasound, just the global fee for prenatal care and delivery.

I used to do my own scans in the office, but eventually quit both because of the amount of time it took from the schedule as well as difficulties getting reimbursed for the service.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Jessa's 5'5". Quite average. She tends to carry large though, especially with Spurge who was a 9 pounder.

That's what I recall, she has big kids and her torso is not particularly long, so she carries fairly large compared to other women.  At this point, her abs have zero tone I'd imagine and that would also make her look a lot bigger from the side as the uterus sags forward due to lack of support from her abs.

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, Notabug said:

Many, if not most, insurance plans only cover up to two scans per pregnancy unless there is a specific problem requiring serial US.  Most of the time, perinatal ultrasonography units just eat the extra cost.  If the woman's attending physician performs the ultrasounds, many insurance plans consider that part of the routine care being provided and don't pay anything at all for the ultrasound, just the global fee for prenatal care and delivery.

I used to do my own scans in the office, but eventually quit both because of the amount of time it took from the schedule as well as difficulties getting reimbursed for the service.

In Germany insurance pays for 3 scans per pregnancy . Around the end of the first trimester , around 20 weeks and 30 weeks .  A few years unnecessary "Baby TV "  e.g medically not indicated ultrasounds outside of the 3 insurance paid ones were banned . I don't know how well that ban works though . In theory you probably still can get them.

• Useful 5
14 hours ago, lianau said:

In Germany insurance pays for 3 scans per pregnancy . Around the end of the first trimester , around 20 weeks and 30 weeks .  A few years unnecessary "Baby TV "  e.g medically not indicated ultrasounds outside of the 3 insurance paid ones were banned . I don't know how well that ban works though . In theory you probably still can get them.

Most cover a scan around 12 weeks to measure nuchal translucency, the thickness of a fold at the back of the baby's neck which can be thicker if the baby has a chromosomal abnormality.  Think about kids with Down syndrome and how they tend to have shorter thicker necks that non-Down kids.

The second scan is 18-20 weeks and is a general survey of the baby's anatomy.

If there is a medical indication, more scans can be done and will be paid for.  "I just want to look at the baby" is not a medical indication.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

How much does a boutique ultrasound cost? I understand this will vary by area, but ballpark.

They can cost somewhere between $50-75 for the bare bones minimum.  There are all sorts of add-ons, of course.  If the family wants more than the typical number of pictures, duplicate pictures, a video of the scan; that is all extra.  Then, the parents want a 3-D scan and images of the baby's face and/or feet or hands from that, it will be even more.

Some of these places will also offer Free fetal DNA testing to determine the fetal sex.  Recordings of the baby's heartbeat or an EKG type printout of the baby's heart rhythm are also popular.

Figure several hundred bucks for a package.

Here's a link to a price list for one such establishment:

https://www.goldenviewultrasound.com/chicago

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 15
6 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I thought of Jessa's habit of early Christmas decorating when I noticed a couple postings of putting up a Christmas tree now in Small Talk.

I resemble that remark! 😉 I thought the same thing when I saw Jessa's post. Her tree looked a lot like the one I bought on Prime Days. We put it up to make sure it wasn't damaged because the box was slightly open on delivery. Mine isn't decorated yet, but if I had a Spurgeon in the house (I would never name a child Spurgeon!), it might be! Anyway, the thought crossed my mind that maybe Jessa ordered a new tree too, but I guess decorating early is a habit with Jessa? I've always put my tree up the day after Thanksgiving. I noticed she was only a voiceover, unseen in her video. I think she's still playing games with her followers regarding how far along she is in her pregnancy.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

The first year Jessa decorated early was during the first year of the pandemic. I don't think its something she consistently does - last year it was mid November. The tree looks like the same tree they've had for years.

I was just thinking most families are trying to get through and/or enjoy Halloween before they shift gears. But... the Seewalds certainly aren't most families.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
22 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Perfect. And if she has a girl, what ever herb or plant name she picks will surely have a magical meaning.

Hemlock? 
Not that I wish that on an innocent child. But it is the family that gave us the names Spurgeon and Wilberforce. If the baby is a girl, so far they have gone with normal names. May it continue.

• Like 7
  • LOL 9
23 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Hemlock? 
Not that I wish that on an innocent child. But it is the family that gave us the names Spurgeon and Wilberforce. If the baby is a girl, so far they have gone with normal names. May it continue.

Sage, Ginger, Anise, Lily...

I'm sure there are some magical definitions for these. Maybe some are included in a witch's brew. 🤣

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Hemlock? 

Yeah Jessa's sons really get the short end of the stick when it comes to names. I think Henry is a perfectly nice name, but Wilberforce is a lot. And, well, Spurgeon speaks for its own awfulness.

• Like 17
25 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Some poor male Seewald spawn will get the middle name Tozer. It was between that and Wilberforce for Henry. Both utterly wretched. 

Lordy I think I would rather be Wilberforce. You can at least shorten that down to Wil. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
24 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Some poor male Seewald spawn will get the middle name Tozer. It was between that and Wilberforce for Henry. Both utterly wretched. 

Maybe they'll split the difference - they could name a son Archie after Archibald Thomas Robertson. And... they already have a Henry, so another touch of Royal as well.

• LOL 7
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Does anyone remember Spurge's middle name? It has to be better than Spurgeon. Elliot? 

It is! I also totally buy the rumor that Jessa originally named him Gabriel and then changed it because her sister-in-law spilled the beans on the name early. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

It is! I also totally buy the rumor that Jessa originally named him Gabriel and then changed it because her sister-in-law spilled the beans on the name early. 

I remember trolling Instagram at work the day Spurge was born and seeing the blue square Jessica posted. If she did spoil the name, it was on another post. But all of a sudden the kid is nameless for 5-6 days? 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Autofill strikes again!
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6