Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Jessa's video was out there last night. It was a commercial for that floor cleaning robot appliance. That must cost quite a sum of money as a trailer said you could save $700.00 etc...on it. I am sorry for Henry, who obviously is not receiving the therapy he still needs as Jessa added a subtitle when he spoke. I could not understand a word he said. She knows very well that her son is not understandable and still does not help this poor boy with proper speech therapy? With a 5th child on the way, they have already outgrown this house, IMO. They "live" in one room and then will be stuffed in those bedrooms. She still has not addressed the fact that they are completely renovating a house they do not own.

• Sad 19

I heard tight pants affect male fertility.  Maybe he is trying to stop the baby train any way he can.  I don't know how he breathes in those shorts.

I know I've said it somewhere before, but I really worry about the third generation in these families.  Jessa is in no way qualified to homeschool and Henry is one of several with speech delays.  How will these kids function as adults?  There won't be any show money or sponsorships left by then.

• Like 11
  • Sad 11
  • Useful 3
On 11/18/2023 at 6:03 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Ben teaching his boys how to manspread in public…

IMG_6988.jpeg

Omg, I’m dying 😂!

8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I’d give the boys a haircut. 

I would too, as long as Jessa isn’t the one doing it!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9

Spurgie's birthday video is out...another bore-fest. Gifts in Amazon shipping boxes or pillow cases. How depressing; here you go, Spurgie, here's your "today" birthday gift...wait, we have to film you opening it. Those 4 kids are bored to tears if you ask me. Sad video IMO.

• Like 3
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3

Spurge with his new camera, poor kid looks like he chews his fingernails to the bone and his cuticles need some attention. 
Meanwhile Ivy and ferns hair looked like rats nests in the back… run a brush through it!
I watched the birthday present parade, so sad and blech, old pillow cases and Amazon boxes…. One of his presents was a magnetic dart board and a gun that shoots the darts out…. It really shoots the darts with a lot of pressure hopefully no one gets hit in the eye! 
He also got one of those ring lollipops which Jessa said he’s wanted forever, he shoved it in his mouth and looked like a baby with a pacifier, suck, suck, suck… he got a hammock for the yard and all 4 kids piled in, Spurge still sucking on his binkie while he told the girls not to get crumbs in his hammock, they were munching on crackers… he got a tiny little Lego set and a monopoly game…. Then off to grammas house for more crappy gifts and snack food in bags as presents.   
I didn’t see any cake or singing happy birthday but Spurge still had his binkie pop stuck in his mouth, suck, suck, suck.

JMO a depressing birthday😒

IMG_7024.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 16

When I was a kid we would get candy at Christmas in our stocking.  Never as a birthday gift.  It's sad that he could get that excited over a ring pop.  It's sad that something like that wasn't a treat at some point.  Not sure if it's because money is tight or because Jessa is so low effort when it comes to her kids.

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

When I was a kid we would get candy at Christmas in our stocking.  Never as a birthday gift.  It's sad that he could get that excited over a ring pop.  It's sad that something like that wasn't a treat at some point.  Not sure if it's because money is tight or because Jessa is so low effort when it comes to her kids.

They eat a lot of junk. Spurge even has a "candy box" where he keeps his own junk. All I can think of this was just a candy Jessa always said no to. Maybe due to teeth? The Duggars are all about teeth and sucking on that for a few hours straight can't be good for his teeth.

• Like 8
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They eat a lot of junk. Spurge even has a "candy box" where he keeps his own junk.

I was surprised at all the candy and junk food he got as “presents” maybe it’s just me but I don’t think candies should be presents.

Spurge got a huge bag of Skittles (or something similar) an entire BOX of Goldfish crackers (there’s 12 bags in that box) and a bunch of other candies and junk food.

The other thing that bugged me was how Spurge was handed his gifts and basically opened them himself other than Henry helping a little yet when Henry, Ivy and Fern got their birthday gifts Spurge was grabbing and opening their gifts for them and he was never told not to do that.

I also found it odd the way Fern was acting, I guess it’s just her age but at one point Jessa actually tells her to turn around and watch Spurge opening his gift, she was flipping, flopping, squealing, and squirming around throughout the entire video… made me wonder how boring and mundane most days must be for those kids.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Further thought
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 2
58 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I was surprised at all the candy and junk food he got as “presents” maybe it’s just me but I don’t think candies should be presents.

Spurge got a huge bag of Skittles (or something similar) an entire BOX of Goldfish crackers (there’s 12 bags in that box) and a bunch of other candies and junk food.

The other thing that bugged me was how Spurge was handed his gifts and basically opened them himself other than Henry helping a little yet when Henry, Ivy and Fern got their birthday gifts Spurge was grabbing and opening their gifts for them and he was never told not to do that.

I also found it odd the way Fern was acting, I guess it’s just her age but at one point Jessa actually tells her to turn around and watch Spurge opening his gift, she was flipping, flopping, squealing, and squirming around throughout the entire video… made me wonder how boring and mundane most days must be for those kids.

I think it's pretty obvious from everything Jessa has posted since he was born that Spurge is the favorite, the golden child who does no wrong which is why he behaves like he does.  Considering the amount of junk food those kids seemingly eat on a regular basis, I agree that giving him even more candy and junk snacks for his birthday was not a good idea.  If the kids never or rarely got candy and salty snacks, then giving those as a birthday treat makes sense.  Otherwise, its just another day with the Seewald kids eating crappy food.

• Like 14

From a video on Instagram. I do feel sorry for Spurgeon. He's 8, he should be running around outside with friends or at a friends playing, riding bikes. Instead, he's rolling a ball with his siblings on a floor, that is as probably as filthy as all their feet.

IMG_0540.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 12
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

And still no info on why Spruge was in an ambulance wearing a neck brace.  She posts a photo for clicks, and then never any follow up.

I think it was fake. I think it was done as a commercial for Samaritan "health insurance".

image.png.41a4f2525c8e9f08530cad5498d8d54b.png

image.png.05355a6d4e7252c17b739e3062b5fab9.png

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 5

They never show him entering the helicopter, he never ends up in a johnny and he never has an IV.

Sly Jessa does post its an ad, so if it is fake she can claim that, although the reel includes the births of Ivy and Fern.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 4
On 11/29/2023 at 4:05 PM, GeeGolly said:

They never show him entering the helicopter, he never ends up in a johnny and he never has an IV.

Sly Jessa does post its an ad, so if it is fake she can claim that, although the reel includes the births of Ivy and Fern.

He has an IV visible in one of the pictures. And his eyes have the look of a sick kid. There's not a single member of that family that can act well enough to pull that off.

It's all too elaborate to be fake, especially for an ad for a fundie "insurance." I think it's more likely that Spurgeon became ill/was injured due to gross parental negligence, and that's why Jessa has never given any details.

• Like 10
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 2
32 minutes ago, lascuba said:

He has an IV visible in one of the pictures. And his eyes have the look of a sick kid. There's not a single member of that family that can act well enough to pull that off.

It's all too elaborate to be fake, especially for an ad for a fundie "insurance." I think it's more likely that Spurgeon became ill/was injured due to gross parental negligence, and that's why Jessa has never given any details.

If its not fake, then Samaritan is even worse than I thought. There are stories out there of refused chemo treatments, surgeries, etc. But for the "famous" Seewalds everything is paid for. So wrong.

• Like 5
  • Applause 15
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If its not fake, then Samaritan is even worse than I thought. There are stories out there of refused chemo treatments, surgeries, etc. But for the "famous" Seewalds everything is paid for. So wrong.

Oh, absolutely. Their entire business model seems to be hoarding as much cash as they can get away with and only covering the big expenses when it can also count as advertising.

• Like 12
5 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Oh, absolutely. Their entire business model seems to be hoarding as much cash as they can get away with and only covering the big expenses when it can also count as advertising.

CHM's defense as to not covering stuff like diabetes or cancer is weaksauce. Those are considered "lifestyle" issues, and they only like to cover pregnancy and kids. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 6
On 12/4/2023 at 5:23 PM, oliviabenson said:

Jobert/Joberta (inspired by Robert) or Jamie for the next blessing

I had a crush on a male classmate in grade school whose name was Joby, so I don't care what they name this one, I'm naming it Jobert/Joberta and calling it Joby.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

She's due December 22nd. Exactly a year from her miscarriage. Hospital delivery, but likes to labor at home. Will most likely have an epidural.

Someone asked if Fern understood the baby. Jessa claims she understands.

Considered a gender reveal party, but they talked it over and wanted to stick with their trend of not telling anyone. They do slip up one or two with each child. Will tell a few family members.

To the question of how many will they have. She said if you asked her right now, 5 kids, but she can't make that decision in the state she is in. She has told Ben after every child that she was done because labor and PP are hard, but then changes her mind.

She says when it comes to how many, Ben only wants what is best for her health and takes in mind that she is home with the kids all day.

Blah blah about children being a blessing from the Lord. One asked if she has a smaller number in mind for how many kids. She laughed and said yes, but said she always thought 8 was a good size family, but now she claims 5 sounds like fun, but won't make that decision while pregnant.

Ben and her mom are her birth team. This will be the first time she doesn't have a dula on the way to the hospital, but Michelle is a great dula and will be there.

They think they have a first name, but she isn't sure they are completely set on the first name. They take their time. It took them 5 days to decide on Sprugeon and Henry's names.

They both liked the same name at first, but she has a backup name and it hasn't grown on Ben yet.

They aren't against birth control, but only certain ones that go along with their morals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 7
54 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I watched the video (thanks @Madtown) and my goodness, Jessa does run on! Anyway, when it comes to naming the child, I don't know if I'd let Ben anywhere near a birth certificate. His naming of Spurgeon is unforgivable, imo!

I was thinking the same thing!

When she said it took 5 days to name him, my thought was, “No, it took Ben 5 days to wear you down and get the name HE wanted.”

• Like 20
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I watched the video (thanks @Madtown) and my goodness, Jessa does run on! Anyway, when it comes to naming the child, I don't know if I'd let Ben anywhere near a birth certificate. His naming of Spurgeon is unforgivable, imo!

Joyless Jessa does drone on. She's very difficult to watch. 

I hope she gets to name this one. 

• Like 8

Do people (other than the die-hard leg humpers) care enough to appreciate the suspense, though? I have been vaguely interested in the sexes of the first couple kids to see how they're set up for future sister-momming, but other than that I really don't care. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Besides Ben and Jessa no one cares about the kids period. Her parents do not care whatsoever. I bet Shelly and pops can’t even name all their grandkids.

I doubt they can even name their children!

• Like 9
  • LOL 11
16 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Besides Ben and Jessa no one cares about the kids period. Her parents do not care whatsoever. I bet Shelly and pops can’t even name all their grandkids.

Jessa said that Meech was going to act as her doula support. Claims she's calming. She's attended several of the grand's births, even Jill's. 

• Like 9