Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How many doll strollers, baby doll carriers, doll cribs and doll high chairs do two young girls need? And dolls too. Fern is 2 and already has a least a dozen baby dolls.

I was wondering the same thing

Every birthday, christmas etc the girls get more dolls, buggies, strollers, highchairs, bottles, cribs, soothers, doll clothes, it's too much.

I've seen daycares with less dolls and doll accessories.

I guess Jessa is trying to compensate for her kids sitting in that house day in and day out 24/7/365

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
11 hours ago, Teriacky said:

Maybe Spurgeon can learn to whittle. At least it will keep him from being bored!

Being able to carve is a useful skill.  One of my great-great-grandfathers was captured in his first battle in the Civil War.  He was sent to Andersonville Prison.  We have the spoon he carved while he was there.  At least he could eat the little that he was fed.  I guess having some skills is important.

• Like 12
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Being able to carve is a useful skill.  One of my great-great-grandfathers was captured in his first battle in the Civil War.  He was sent to Andersonville Prison.  We have the spoon he carved while he was there.  At least he could eat the little that he was fed.  I guess having some skills is important.

I don't see Spurge fighting in any wars. 😃

Maybe he can whittle little animals for his sisters. 

• LOL 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Quite a few of the Union prisoners at Andersonville became very proficient at whittling and pieces made by them are much valued by collectors.  Many carved canes with very intricate designs relating to their war experiences.  How wonderful your family has that heirloom.

One of my nephews is really into carving and has carved several spoons for me out of pieces of wood he found on hikes.  I love them and they're in a shadow box on the wall in my kitchen.

Alas, Spurgeon won't learn to carve anything well since the Duggars half-a** everything and its unlikely he'll be exposed to someone who could teach him to do it right.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 24
  • Sad 1

We used to whittle marshmallow sticks each summer. We also practiced throwing them so they'd land point down in the lawn. I think each summer we planned on carving a walking stick, but never finished one.

I can't really think of what S&H will be using them for, other than opening Jessa's Amazon boxes.

I hope this doesn't spur Amy into buying her "knife safety trained" 3yo his own knife.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 5
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I can't really think of what S&H will be using them for, other than opening Jessa's Amazon boxes.

My grands got knives through scouting and did soap carving along with knife safety. But what they got was more swiss army knife and not the tactical survival knife Herny was shown with.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

My grands got knives through scouting and did soap carving along with knife safety. But what they got was more swiss army knife and not the tactical survival knife Herny was shown with.

That makes sense, though.  Kids who are going camping and doing outdoorsy stuff can find a lot of uses for a Swiss Army knife.  The kinds of knives that Jessa's kids got are not all that useful for a kid.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

We used to whittle marshmallow sticks each summer. We also practiced throwing them so they'd land point down in the lawn. I think each summer we planned on carving a walking stick, but never finished one.

I hope this doesn't spur Amy into buying her "knife safety trained" 3yo his own knife.

Amy probably will get him his own knives…

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

That makes sense, though.  Kids who are going camping and doing outdoorsy stuff can find a lot of uses for a Swiss Army knife.  The kinds of knives that Jessa's kids got are not all that useful for a kid.

No, they are not. But it seems to fit in with the fundie belief they are somehow survivalists and will need weapons to survive. Duggar boys were shown wearing knives on their belts young too.

My 87 yr old MIL believes she is a survivalist and gifts us stuff like this all the time so "we can be prepared".  She gave our son a flashlight that had the claim "can blind a bear and be used to stab and kill"  Son said she might as well as given them a gun, since they had to lock it away from their children and it was no use as a flashlight.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 5
On 1/14/2024 at 12:12 AM, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't see Spurge fighting in any wars. 😃

Maybe he can whittle little animals for his sisters. 

I used to whittle on occasion. Never made anything besides a pointed stick. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
22 minutes ago, beckie said:

He looks like he's over it already. Maybe Fernie can take him and run far away!

I think Fernie is a lot like her Aunty Joy. Not much exists outside of their own little worlds. I think Georgie might have better luck with Ivy.

• LOL 4
On 1/17/2024 at 5:07 AM, Joan of Argh said:

George is thinking…. 

“Listen lady.. I’m not buying what you’re selling…. I wasn’t born yesterday!!”  

IMG_7584.jpeg

He looks a lot like Pa Keller in that picture.

Or maybe Pa Keller just looks like a grumpy baby.

• Like 2
  • LOL 18

From a video. This was posted when the site was down. At the end Fern says "God gives us babies" and Jessa said that "God does give us babies."

IMG_1066.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Do you think any of those kids can identify a primary colour?   You know they've never seen a colour in their house or their wardrobe.  

• LOL 17
31 minutes ago, Quof said:

Do you think any of those kids can identify a primary colour?   You know they've never seen a colour in their house or their wardrobe.  

Naw, they only know, White Dove, Agreeable Gray, Accessible Beige, Wythe Blue, Bitter Sage and Earthen Jug.

• LOL 21

Made it half way through the reel. Jessa is partnering with Temu. She is organizing her home, after reading a book about it. I think this mom of 5, in a household of 7 has 2 drinking glasses.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 16
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Made it half way through the reel. Jessa is partnering with Temu. She is organizing her home, after reading a book about it. I think this mom of 5, in a household of 7 has 2 drinking glasses.

There's always the garden hose outside?😝

I've heard some unfavorable stuff about Temu.  I see ads for them a lot, but I've never ordered anything there.

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I've heard some unfavorable stuff about Temu.  I see ads for them a lot, but I've never ordered anything there.

Same here I clicked on it for what looked like an amazing deal like $1.99 for a really cute cardigan but once it got finished making me click a dozen times I got back to the “deal” and now it was $29.00 plus shipping

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

My friend orders from them and is happy. Then I know people who say otherwise. I've heard the stuff is cheap as in cheaply made. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I think this mom of 5, in a household of 7 has 2 drinking glasses.

Who needs drinking glasses when you’re allowed to stand inside the fridge and guzzle milk straight from the carton like Ivy?

• Like 1
  • LOL 17

We know Jessa is living minimalist.  Is her mattress still on the floor?  Don't the kids only have 3 or 4 outfits each?  We know she doesn't spend any money on wrapping paper.  I guess she has to have something to post about.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Jessa just posted Henry's birthday week video (he turned 7 in early February). The usual array of unwrapped Amazon and Walmart boxes/ envelopes being thrown at him. His siblings weren't too grabby this time, which was nice. He got a remote control car, two Lego sets, a joke book, some sort of zip string wand, a piggy bank, and the usual junk food (including a candy necklace that he apparently really wanted). He went to an arcade with his siblings, and had the Duggar traditional "chocolate mess," which he had to share with Spurgeon.

Henry still has a bit of a speech impediment, and Ivy spoke more clearly/ fluently than him, but he's definitely better than he was, and read well from the joke book.

One of the Lego sets was a Star Wars one (the other was Minecraft), and from the way Ben was talking, the boys have seen Star Wars, which was surprising to me... 

Despite the fact that the video spanned the whole week and took place in multiple settings, I didn't see, hear, or hear the baby mentioned once.

• Like 2
  • Useful 9
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

the boys have seen Star Wars, which was surprising to me... 

I was quite surprised at this as well. 

Harry Potter next? 

Probably not.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3