Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

"the servants heart you both have"  blah blah blah!

They share it, is how I read that.

Why do I picture them "Off to see the Wizard" for these body parts?

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, drafan said:

They share it, is how I read that.

Why do I picture them "Off to see the Wizard" for these body parts?

If I were a servant I would stay the hell away from these people, what with their weird fetish about servants' hearts.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Normades said:

I wish Boob and MEschelle were doing life together in Leavenworth or maybe that place Whitey Bulger just checked out of.  They've done enough horrible things to other human beings that I could totally justify it.

So do I. Josh too. I used to think I wanted some kind of...other punishment for them but prison would be the perfect justice.  Locked up no longer in charge, no longer able to boss anyone else around, they would be bossed around and no one would take their crap, locked in a small cell at night, forced to eat and maybe even forced to work in the kitchen or in laundry. And you know what happens to people who hurt children in prison. They've been the ones with the power and control for so long they'd end up on the receiving end of that in prison. You could time how long it takes for JB and Michelle both to end up someone else's bitch and it would be awesome. And they'd deserved it all.  

• Love 9

Wait, wait, did every guest get their own pint of Ben and Jerry? I guess not as that would be expensive. that spread is pathetic, and of course WTF for cold weather.

4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

They've been the ones with the power and control for so long they'd end up on the receiving end of that in prison.

I like the your punishment but I substitute my own. IMO they're both narcissists. I think the best punishment for them is to get no attention - none, from the public, or even their own families. All the crazy attention seeking stunts they pull for decades? No effect. Flat. Nada. I'd be hell on earth for them to be considered unremarkable. Serves them both right. 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I still like Jessa's dress only second to Jinger's. Lauren needed her hair up, at minimum, to make her dress really WERK! 

Jessa’s gown was pretty, but her hair was unremarkable to me.  And her wedding just didn’t seem cohesive. The bridesmaids and groomsmen attire just didn’t flow well with each other or her gown.

I didn’t care for the multi-colored theme Jinger did, but in the pics it worked.  I thought her gown was beautiful and her overall look was better with the updo and veil.

Poor Joy’s hair was a mess, and she was too busty for the sleeves and bodice of her gown.  She should have gone with thr updo,  flower crown thingy and polka dot dress.

Lauren’s hair was a mess, but her bridesmaids dresses were the prettiest.  

Kendra gets points for having the most put together looking wedding.  It didn’t scream. DIY.

Jill’s is not worth mentioning.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I still like Jessa's dress only second to Jinger's. Lauren needed her hair up, at minimum, to make her dress really WERK! 

Agreed.

Lauren could've looked amazing had she worn her hair up.  She had an amazing back to contract her simple front that we all didn't notice because her long hair covered it.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Wait, wait, did every guest get their own pint of Ben and Jerry? I guess not as that would be expensive. that spread is pathetic, and of course WTF for cold weather.

I like the your punishment but I substitute my own. IMO they're both narcissists. I think the best punishment for them is to get no attention - none, from the public, or even their own families. All the crazy attention seeking stunts they pull for decades? No effect. Flat. Nada. I'd be hell on earth for them to be considered unremarkable. Serves them both right. 

That would have been kind of cute if each  guest got a small container of Ben & Jerry's.   I mean Ben & Jerry's,  not the little plastic cups of ice cream that are found at kid's birthday parties. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

That would have been kind of cute if each  guest got a small container of Ben & Jerry's.   I mean Ben & Jerry's,  not the little plastic cups of ice cream that are found at kid's birthday parties. 

They make them. Maybe Ben and Jerry took away the attention from Ben and Jessa? It cracks me up that the company supports marriage equality and was served by these bigots at their wedding.

• Love 22
31 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The Ben and Jerry's was only for Bin and Jessa. Everyone else probably got that cheap crap in the two-gallon buckets that's mostly chemicals and air.

I've gone with astronaut ice cream, myself.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Really?

In my opinion, yes! I thought she was the most original ( as original as you can get with being "bridal") with the blush! I also love big poofy ball gowns and it was very flattering on her. Jinger's was also very nice but to me looked like most other normal brides aside from the train. By Duggar standards Jessa and Jinger ( and I guess Lauren?) knocked it out of the park by not going cheap and bastardizing it with modesty panels.

If we are talking actual Weddings, Yeah Jessa had the WORST wedding. But methinks she didn't even want the massive wedding and was forced into it for the show. Maybe having such a terrible wedding was her eff you to Boob 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 19
22 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

In my opinion, yes! I thought she was the most original ( as original as you can get with being "bridal") with the blush! I also love big poofy ball gowns and it was very flattering on her. Jinger's was also very nice but to me looked like most other normal brides aside from the train. By Duggar standards Jessa and Jinger ( and I guess Lauren?) knocked it out of the park by not going cheap and bastardizing it with modesty panels.

If we are talking actual Weddings, Yeah Jessa had the WORST wedding. But methinks she didn't even want the massive wedding and was forced into it for the show. Maybe having such a terrible wedding was her eff you to Boob 

Yes, Jessa's overall look is still my favorite. Jinger's dress was beautiful, but it's the classic example of "the dress wore her." Though she gets major points for wearing her hair up. Not a fan of loose hair with formal gowns, but at least Jessa's hair wasn't hiding any details, like Lauren's did. Lauren's dress would have been a really close second of not first place if she hadn't covered that beautiful back with her mess of a hair "style."

• Love 15
2 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I think Jessa's dress was the most daring in the sense that the neckline was actually quite low for their standards. I was sort of surprised Michelle didn't stroke out about it.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, graefin said:

I think Jessa's dress was the most daring in the sense that the neckline was actually quite low for their standards. I was sort of surprised Michelle didn't stroke out about it.

And she didn't wear white to announce to the world that she was a virgin!!  That just had to be a big deal to her parents.  How could she wear that blush gown and have people thinking she might be tarnished???  Of course, they made sure to keep announcing their stupid first kiss BS.  I also did think they were smart to have a small break so that they could  kiss privately.  

• Love 12
16 hours ago, louannems said:

My problem with Jinger's veil was that is was way too long, way over the top. I just kept thinking, does she think she's Princess Di or something?  But that's just me!  It was pretty.

I sort of think of Jinger’s wedding as the Duggar’s “Royal” Wedding. 

• Love 21
On 11/2/2018 at 1:48 PM, louannems said:

My problem with Jinger's veil was that is was way too long, way over the top. I just kept thinking, does she think she's Princess Di or something?  But that's just me!  It was pretty.

That huge veil covered the bustle in the back of the skirt, which was the worst part of her dress imo. What I learned from Jinger's dress is that chose something that is pretty and flattering on top and the skirt is less important. 

• Love 3
On 11/2/2018 at 1:48 PM, louannems said:

I think it was Jinger’s train that was so long. Her veil seemed a normal length.D408D37A-BB94-4718-A3E0-83C54D992AAA.png.d6d1fcda1f3824a4328f3092a95a3a5f.png

• Love 3
1 hour ago, louannems said:

You're right!  I did mean her train.  IIR, it too k up the whole church length!

Jeremy likes long trains so of course Jinger had to go with the longest train she could find. 

• Love 7

After seeing Jessa and Ben's wedding pics, it's obvious how much they have aged in such a short amount of time.  And the whole "servent's heart" thing?  STFU.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Jinger's dress.  I wanted the big, white, poofy wedding dress.  My train was just shy of 11 feet long.  As I was walking down the aisle, I actually heard someone ask where did my train end.  The damn thing weighed almost 10 pounds, and my seamstress didn't add enough buttons for the bustle.  I was over it by the end of the ceremony.  I did like Jessa's dress, especially the color.  She went a little outside of the box, and the color looked great in conjunction with her skin tone.  I can't see any of the other girls doing blush/pink.

• Love 14

I had a pretty long train on my wedding dress and my veil was the same length, though this was in the excessive '80s so maybe styles are different now. But my policy was, if I can't go over the top on my wedding day, when can I? I'm all for going big on the dress. Jinger's was my favorite.

• Love 19

Yes, the bride should have what she desires in her wedding gown. Having said that, I believe that the gown also needs to go with the venue. How large is the ceremony facility? Does the venue have the aisle space for a large dress or long train? IMO, Jinger's long, but beautiful train, struggled to get down the aisle, which wasn't a centered aisle. She walked up a side aisle and had to turn, which didn't do her gown any favors. I don't think the dress should overpower the ceremony site. It also needs to fit with the style of the reception, outdoor, indoor casual, formal reception hall etc. This is just my opinion. 

Yes, the bride should have what she desires in her wedding gown. Having said that, I believe that the gown also needs to go with the venue. How large is the ceremony facility? Does the venue have the aisle space for a large dress or long train? IMO, Jinger's long, but beautiful train, struggled to get down the aisle, which wasn't a centered aisle. She walked up a side aisle and had to turn, which didn't do her gown any favors. I don't think the dress should overpower the ceremony site. It also needs to fit with the style of the reception, outdoor, indoor casual, formal reception hall etc. This is just my opinion. 

Jessa's gown, although very pretty just didn't ring 'bride" to me. It looked more like a prom dress or something the mother of the bride would wear to a formal evening wedding.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It seems the dresses got progressively better.

first-class-joy-anna-duggar-wedding-dres

Jill’s dress could’ve been decent if it fit better, and it’s probably the kind that looked better in person than in photos. 

Anna....she joined the family before the big TLC money was rolling in (she and josh wed the first season of 17 Kids) and she wore her sister’s wedding dress. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 13

Anna would look better if she would stand up straight. It would still be a very very plain gown that didn't fit her but at least she would look more like a grown-up and less like a meek mousy person. Hmm, I may have just explained her posture to myself.

• Love 15
On 11/4/2018 at 6:12 AM, GeeGolly said:

It seems the dresses got progressively better.

first-class-joy-anna-duggar-wedding-dres

Something about this photo of Jessa was niggling at me and it just came to me now. She looks like Denise Richards. Especially the smile. 

• Love 14
23 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Jill’s dress could’ve been decent if it fit better, and it’s probably the kind that looked better in person than in photos. 

Anna....she joined the family before the big TLC money was rolling in (she and josh wed the first season of 17 Kids) and she wore her sister’s wedding dress. 

Jinger's face has always reminded me of these toys:  https://www.google.com/search?q=hippie+family+dolls+from+the+70s&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS820US820&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=OjiXlxjJYFTUMM%3A%2Cn2PJJVawaPVpAM%2C_&usg=AI4_-kQfhq0vqPG7t4gmmYEVa0BaU5R1rw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjxnMWn3r3eAhW8JjQIHZs8A5UQ9QEwAHoECAYQBA#imgrc=OjiXlxjJYFTUMM:

I got them for Xmas in the mid 70s.  Don't be jealous, I also got the truck!

I think Jessa's dress was the more youthful of the wedding dresses.  I liked it.  Anna looked like a shlumpy teen, Jill looked like, well Jill, Jessa looked cute and young and Jinger looked more adult and put together and maybe a more cohesive look.  I can't really explain it.

• Love 7

I didn't even recognize Anna or Jill in those pictures!  Married life and pregnancies really have taken a toll on those two.  Of course that's a very unflattering photo of Anna, but she still looks quite different and much better than she does today.  

• Love 5