Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, auntieminem said:

but the adults I don't get.  Especially after seeing how he dealt with Josh and sacrificed the rest of the family for him and lied.  

Well, I'd bet part of it is that they just don't really know anybody else or any other kind of life.

They've been coached and shoved and endlessly harped at to see every other kind of life as terrible and dangerous and scary and ugly. 

Their parents, their church, their cult have all told them to shun everything that isn't their echo chamber. They don't read. They don't work for other people. They've never been to any kind of school. So to this day they've encountered absolutely no trustworthy references to tell them otherwise than the major major scare stories they got from JB, M and the Wisdom books. .... When they traveled, they traveled in a protected pack, and I have a feeling JB and M warned them every day of their travels to steer clear of all those strange people they've seen and pointed out the horrors of the foreign food they were encountering! And never get on a school bus!  All those "other" people are going to hell! 

Plus, their bubble has been a very cushy place to live for many years now, too, with JB handing out cars and snowboarding and hunting trips. If it gets more financially wobbly over time, more of them may start wondering whether the outside world is so bad after all. And maybe some of them are even wondering now, post-trial. 

Jessa's one of the last who'd ever allow herself to wonder, I'd guess. She seems to be a person who's pretty uncomfortable with anything unfamiliar to her. And it seems she's quite dependent on Duggar Dollars. Anybody who's like that will just sing JB-and-M praises forever, probably. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
11 hours ago, Madtown said:
11 hours ago, Madtown said:

A screen shot from her Instagram post. She wrote a novel for JB, but this about the father of her kids.

Happiest Father's Day to this amazing
Daddy! @ben_seewald Our kids think you hung the
moon-and so do I. 

4A1D4900-3BC9-4C49-BB42-6E43BFE0F3C3.jpeg

Well, I know there's some possibility that Bin has a good paying job somewhere.....But as far as we know, JB has provided Jessa with a lot more cash over the years....🙂

1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Have we ever seen this picture before?

288811415_10160914145079434_6996473012514040629_n.jpg

They sure do love 1955. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

None of her siblings have "liked" what she wrote.

Jessa is the only Duggar (I don't count Josh) who isn't trying to give her kids a better life than the one she had.

Every other Duggarling is doing so. Like every time I see Joy posting pix of Evy and Gideon bathing together, nearly naked, I think she's trying to make up for the body shaming she went through as a child. Is it misguided and foolish? Yes, but I get it.

Some of these steps seem weird to us, but they all seem to be coming from a place of "My kids arent going through what I went through."

Jessa went the opposite direction. She's determined to replicate her own childhood with her kids. 

I agree Jessa and her brother Joe seem to be replicating the Duggar 19's childhood, but other than a few differences I think all of them are.

Going to public school, wearing pants and appropriate summer weather clothing doesn't change the fact all of the Duggar kidults seem to be raising their children in a hate filled conservative "Christian" environment.

• Sad 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I know there's some possibility that Bin has a good paying job somewhere.....But as far as we know, JB has provided Jessa with a lot more cash over the years....🙂

They sure do love 1955. 

I like the picture. 

• Like 14
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I like the picture. 

So do I, because Jesse's usual snarly-haired look is contained.  The picture reminds me of I Love Lucy and similar shows in black and white.

Yes, I was born in the 50's.  😊

• Like 6
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing Jessa genuinely feels what she wrote. But I'm also guessing she went over the top as a fuck you internet moment.

The bolded absolutely sounds like a genuine Jessa feeling to me.

• LOL 6
18 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

As usual, Jessa brings the 🙄 and the 🤮

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce_-8oqueBU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

12 hours ago, Madtown said:

A screen shot from her Instagram post. She wrote a novel for JB, but this about the father of her kids.

Happiest Father's Day to this amazing
Daddy! @ben_seewald Our kids think you hung the
moon-and so do I. 

4A1D4900-3BC9-4C49-BB42-6E43BFE0F3C3.jpeg

Just realized that Jessa must think that Ben's unsufferable droning on about the scriptures to the children instead of engaging them at their level is a positive because it's probably about the only thing that he does that measures in any way against the Legend of JB.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I do feel really bad for the kids.  Spurgeon is so bored and in need of better stimulation.  And in a couple of years it might be even worse for Ivy.

ETA: Life is so much worse for the Rodrigues kids who do nothing but spend time in church.  The Duggars had it made with all of the free trips and activities that TLC provided.  Jessa's kids will be in a worse situation than she was.  And being all in, she is probably pregnant again.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Like 2
  • Sad 13
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

I do feel really bad for the kids.  Spurgeon is so bored and in need of better stimulation.  And in a couple of years it might be even worse for Ivy.

ETA: Life is so much worse for the Rodrigues kids who do nothing but spend time in church.  The Duggars had it made with all of the free trips and activities that TLC provided.  Jessa's kids will be in a worse situation than she was.  And being all in, she is probably pregnant again.

But they have an indoor plastic slide, just like Jessa did. What more can 2 grade-schoolers, a preschooler and a toddler ask for? 🙃

(the smack my head emoji disappeared)

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I've never seen Ben and Jessa seem attracted to one another. Before this pic. 

It's got to be an old picture, though, unless Jessa is pregnant again. I think they were very attracted to each other initially, but didn't really have much in common except over-the-top Jesus and a hatred ot Catholics. I think that the attraction has cooled over the years, and the "not really liking each other" has become more pronounced.

• Like 5
  • Love 7

This pic makes me imagine an alternate universe Jessa and Ben who are just finishing college and figuring out what they want out of life (maybe they have one kid, maybe none yet) and having a fun night at a swing dance party or cosplaying for a convention. 

It makes me sad.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Gweilo said:

Jessa and Ben are the couple that have hot, angry sex, but for the rest of the time, can't stand each other.

The fact that the shelf over the bed exists/didn’t fall down leads me to believe they do not have angry sex lolz

• LOL 21
On 6/20/2022 at 9:43 AM, crazycatlady58 said:

I like the picture. 

On 6/20/2022 at 9:47 AM, xwordfanatik said:

So do I, because Jesse's usual snarly-haired look is contained.  The picture reminds me of I Love Lucy and similar shows in black and white.

Yes, I was born in the 50's.  😊

18 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I've never seen Ben and Jessa seem attracted to one another. Before this pic. 

I like the picture too. They look really into each other as you all have said above. But I’m the type that’s into costumes and cosplay, so a couple doing a photo shoot like this doesn’t seem odd to me. The fashion of the 1950s is very pleasing to my eye. 

• Like 9

I actually envy Jessa's hair. I wore mine long, down to my butt long, for about 20 years. It was very thick and wavy, but it was also very, very fine and knotted like a pine tree. Plus, after taking a 1/2 hour to an hour to comb out the knots, I had to slather it in product or it would frizz. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I actually envy Jessa's hair. I wore mine long, down to my butt long, for about 20 years. It was very thick and wavy, but it was also very, very fine and knotted like a pine tree. Plus, after taking a 1/2 hour to an hour to comb out the knots, I had to slather it in product or it would frizz. 

Did you braid it before bed like ladies did in the olden days (on TV and in movies and I suppose in real life)?

Jessa has a new YouTube video that popped in my feed.  She and Ben took the 3 older kids to an indoor rock climbing place.  Henry was quite good!  Ivy tried hard and spurge was fine but Jessa's loud good job Spurge was cringy. Ben looked funny but I'm sure I would look funny rock climbing, too.  Joyless Jessa had her usual commentary of what's it like, is it fun, etc.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 2
18 hours ago, louannems said:

Jessa has a new YouTube video that popped in my feed.  She and Ben took the 3 older kids to an indoor rock climbing place.  Henry was quite good!  Ivy tried hard and spurge was fine but Jessa's loud good job Spurge was cringy. Ben looked funny but I'm sure I would look funny rock climbing, too.  Joyless Jessa had her usual commentary of what's it like, is it fun, etc.

Wonder if she got free passes as much as she was talking the place up. 
I wondered why no one else climbed. Laura had pants; it would’ve been easy for her. The other lost little J girl was there too. Just wondering if they had the option.  

• Like 2

I doubt Ben has any say in anything, especially anything regarding the kids.  It appears he has been "Jessasized" and just does what he is told.  He does not act like the "umbrella" or the "head of the household".

• Sad 2
  • Love 2

Why did they have Ivy wear a dress? They damn well knew where they were going and what it entailed. Why have Johanna and Jordyn there? Jessa is so entitled she needs two sitters? If these women/men did all the childcare themselves they wouldn’t be irresponsibly breeding.

• Like 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What in the world does Sierra have on her feet?

Those are very strange shoes, especially with shorts. But also, what is Spurge wearing? He looks odd in those gigantic shorts. I guess Jessa read the snark that his clothes were too tight so now they are too big???

• Like 6
8 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Speaking of Jessa's looks... I just recently binged the series "Harlots" on Hulu.

I kept thinking  one of the harlots reminded me of someone... does anyone else see the resemblance to Jessa, or am I just losing my mind? (very possible 😁

tumblr_ebe9b12f0fbbe6fc868f9f01751513f1_39750521_400.gif

download.jpeg

I was just rewatching Harlots as well - started watching it out of curiosity when it came on after something else on Hulu a couple of years ago, and ended up loving it. It's much better than one might think judging by a cursory glance.

But, anyway, yeah, I can see the resemblance. A bit Jessa, a bit Jinger, even. I think that with the right general wardrobe and makeup, she could blend right into the Duggar family without too much trouble.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Jessa is shilling something from Walmart (protein powder?) on Instagram. Skipped by it cos looked like she was droning on about nothing. Looks like they are still in the Mold House.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Immanuel Baptist Church in Rogers

Because you obviously can't have too many Immanuel Baptist churches in that area, Ben's church is in Springdale.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 8

oops - sorry I got that one wrong.

anyway the house is still in the church's name on the Washington county website and the only property in Ben and Jessa's name is still the mold house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2022 at 6:20 PM, Dehumidifier said:

Did you braid it before bed like ladies did in the olden days (on TV and in movies and I suppose in real life)?

Yes, and you haven't lived until you've woken up in the middle of the night with your braid under your back so far that your head is tilted back and just rolling over to get it free almost strangles you. 😁

• Mind Blown 2
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5