Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Week 9: The Finale/S12.E12: After the Final Rose

• Start Topic

I wish they would switch it up so the rejected one isn't first out, give us a surprise because we know the first out of the limo is going to be the one turned down. This ending was kind of a let down because it's been so obvious from day one she was so into Jor Jor Binks.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 9

Soraya (JoJo's mom) was spot on in her assessment of both Jordan and JoJo. She knows that Jordan is a trust/insecurities disaster waiting to happen. She could also tell that JoJo was too blinded by her love for Jordan to listen to reason and had made up her mind at that point. Her reaction to Jordan not asking her father's permission was too hysterical for it to have been anyone else but Jordan. I loved Soraya's interjection in the middle of JoJo's meltdown that she also needed to be asked -- not just the father. 

Edited by lavenderpenguin
  • Love 14

This whole thing was a farce.  JoJo kills me with her fake tears.  I don't believe she was ever in love with Robbie.  She knew it would be Jordan from the moment they met, which is why she got so agitated when her family stated their preference for Robbie.   I can't wait for Jordan to dump her sorry arse. 

• Love 21

Part of me hopes Jojo and Jordan don't ever procreate. I mean, good God - the offspring of the Bachelorette and the brother of Wisconsin's very own St. Aaron Rodgers! The kid couldn't even take a shit without paparazzi looking at him.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, JustDuckie said:

That was without a doubt, the most unconvincing "love story" this shitshow has ever broadcast. Those two deserve each other.

Pretty much. I loved the last minute save from Jordan with the phone call to her parents and the letter -- JoJo was begging him at every turn to give her something that would validate her ultimate decision to pick him and he wasn't making that particularly easy for her.

• Love 10

Jojo seemed dumb on purpose during the final date with Jordan. I understand exactly where he was coming from in not wanting to ask until she was sure. He said "if it was up to me.." and she said it was up to him. But it wasn't it was up to HER to choose him, she's the one with 2 guys.

Robby was way too perfect on the family date that it confirmed to me he wasn't the one. It was just edited so much in his favor it couldn't be him.

I liked the twist of trying to throw people off because Robby had no socks in the hotel but had socks when he got out of the car. LOL

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 11

What a non shocker. 

Coukd she have been more clueless about what Jordan was asking for?  It was only the same thing she asked of every guy there. 

Her families preference for Robbie totally threw her for a loop. Her mimknew it was a lost cause. 

• Love 7

I can't tell if the engagement is as fake as the boobs, but the whole season felt predictable regardless. They have to start airing these things closer to the filming date. As is, all of the media surrounding this show insisted on telling us that Jordan was the heavy favourite, and here we are with the least dramatic conclusion ever.

• Love 7

No need to comment when you can insert Tweets instead. Here are a few insults, I mean, replies:

• One wrote on stationery, while the other wrote on notebook paper from study hall?
  • She chose Not Aaron Rodgers over Not Michael Phelps?
  • Note to future suitors (whoops! Wrong show) or bachelors: wear tight suits and pointy toed shoes.
  • See your ex-boyfriend and his fiancée in the audience while you dis him on the air.
  • Aaron Rodgers (drink!) Aaron Rodgers (drink!)
  • Don't ask your future wife's parents for her hand in person. Call them on your cell phone instead. And make sure they are both by the phone.
  • People have done worse for Green Bay Packers tickets.
  • "I am ready to be engaged I'm so ready I'm so ready I'm still crying over another man I'm so ready."
  • How can you promise to keep her safe when you don't put the shoulder strap on properly [In the limousine]?

I can go on all day, but I wish these two lovebirds as much luck and many years together as Andi and Josh. Oh, wait!

Edited by Nedsdag
My IQ returned to its rightful #s after watching this so-called excuse for entertainment.
  • Love 18

Robby's vision of life with a three-year old (sipping wine on a comfy couch with your wife while dinner burns in the oven and laughter floats in from another room) is possibly the funniest thing ever said on this show. Oh, Robby! You slay me!

• Love 18

I can barely type this as I'm laughing so hard over this farce of a couple as Jordan had ZERO desire to propose but did so as he saw his cover story on People magazine slipping away if he didn't.   

I give them to Labor day before they break up.   

• Love 17

I pray I never have to hear JoJo cry again, at least until the inevitable breakup interview when she cries about how foolish she feels to ever have trusted Jordan.

The fact that her entire family preferred Robby should have been a warning sign for her, not necessarily the Robby was the one, but definitely that Jordan wasn't. 

• Love 16
Just now, FlyingEgret said:

Did they actually make Jordan and Robbie wear matching suits?

No, but they both looked ill-fitting. They looked like they'd be too tight if either one of them ate a calorie more.

• Love 2

They look happy and he's moving to Dallas, they have a house. I think they'll make a good go of this.  They're not pretending life won't be hard and it hasn't been difficult already by they know they want to go through the ups and downs. Seems realistic.

I adore her dress. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, clubsauce said:

Robby's vision of life with a three-year old (sipping wine on a comfy couch with your wife while dinner burns in the oven and laughter floats in from another room) is possibly the funniest thing ever said on this show. Oh, Robby! You slay me!

I know, seriously?!  Like having kids is the most romantic thing ever. Lots of nights sipping wine and hanging out with your partner, hahahahaha!  Just wait till they have a couple of 'em, and they'll be disabused of that notion very quickly!

• Love 4

It could not possibly have been telegraphed more clearly, w Robby so sure, and perfect in every way, and Jordan in doubt. Duh, show, you'll have to do better in order to fool us!  

Why is it SO crucial for an adult woman to have her parents' permission?  

So jojo was "raised a princess"?  Jeesh. 

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

What happened to JoJo's snarky, macho brothers?  Were they hypnotized before filming?  Lobotomized?  Why focus so often on the sister who never said a word?

I was wondering the same! They were such a central part of her hometown visit with them. Now they barely made a peep and were uncharacteristicly positive. And the sister was pretty much silent. If jojo is the princess, what is the sister? She was barely acknowledged. 

No champagne swilling from the mom?  I thought at least they'd  give us a nod!

Edited by awaken
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I was surprised when Jordan said he was moving to Dallas.  I wonder if he is going to work with her family.  Perhaps there is hope for them, yet. 

He has a job with the SEC Network.

Jordan totally tried to go around the Aaron questions and Chris kept pushing it.

Edited by Artsda

I hope JoJo finds a husband as awesome as mine--setting up the ABC app on our Roku so I didn't miss the finale while on vacation. He's Here for the Right Reasons!

Let's do this! Thailand is the perfect place to fall in love...and also to pull a Half Mesnick (no balcony) worrying that you're potentially making the biggest mistake of your life.

Jordan pulls out the ol' "waaaaazuuuup!?" when greeting the fam and plays a dress-up game. He's trying WAY to hard to assume a role of fun-loving guy. You've never been playful; don't try now. "Who doesn't like Jordan?" By my estimate, EVERYONE on Previously.TV. Seriously, I can't recall a single poster here who has expressed any Jordan love. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Oh, boy, now we know why JoJo will be Mesnicking--Jordan didn't ask PaPa JoJo for her hand in marriage!

Whereas Jordan was all "I'm a wild and crazy guy," Robby is sappier than the last 10 minutes of a Hallmark Channel movie--asking BOTH parents for not just her hand, but for her whole self. And this is even after MaMa JoJo waving the red flag that JoJo was raised as a princess and now she needs to be the Queen of Hearts or something; so you better not screw up, Robby, or off with your head!

JoJo is PISSED that they think Robby is more Here for the Right Reasons than Jordan. She says she's torn, bit it's so obvious she's just upset that Jordan didn't ask for her hand. She's only torn because Robby is the safe choice and she thinks Jordan might not propose.

As a competitive swimmer, Robby has learned how to kiss underwater without drowning. He also has an abnormally precise fantasy about burnt meatloaf, white wine, and crying kids. I don't think white wine goes with meatloaf...but I can't imagine a sommelier pairing burnt meatloaf with anything. It's probably Chardonnay because that sounds like the official white wine of the Hallmark Channel, which is the official network of Robby's fantasies. (Jordan's fantasy beverage and network are probably Jack Daniels and ESPN.) This bikini photo is so important, because it's the moment I realized that we both have smoking hot bodies and could probably parlay our 15 minutes into some major modeling spreads.

The first thing Jordan says is that it's a two-way street and he needs to make a decision, too, and JoJo, again, worries about his feelings. Either Jordan could really back out, or the producers are really good at feeding them lines to build up this storyline. Oh, these two are pretty good about building up the storyline themselves with this whole lack of her blessed hand or whatever. This is 2016, right? I guess we'll see another scene of Jordan tracking down PaPa JoJo for a blessing, or the FRC will involve PaPa and MaMa JoJo each firmly gripping one of JoJo's hands, refusing to let go without effusive groveling.

This is totally a Hallmark Channel movie, and Jordan is the douchebag boyfriend at that the girl is supposed to dump for the less flashy guy whose secretly been in love with her the whole time. Not buying this late-breaking admission of forever love, Jordan. You've been too smarmy for too long, but doesn't matter what I think, as JoJo is totally going to choose you.

Oh, Robby is going to get his heart broken wearing atrocious socks, poor guy. "For some reason my heart is with someone else"--even JoJo can't figure out what she sees in Jordan. And she even says "I don't know" about being happy with Jordan. She's Mesnicking out big time--not just fancy editing--which is surprising. The live audience is DEAD SILENT in shock and awe and deep mourning, which makes me giggle.

Wait, what?! Now she's 180 totally ready for Jordan. 

Jordan's proposal implies impending divorce: "I'll choose you every day until you tell me not to." Noooo! This app blacked out right during the proposal! Good thing they'll replay it during ATFR. Comments on that later.

Daniel and Chad wearing matching gray suits and black shirts. Cute. But not as cute as Robby's little black check flower lapel pin that came as a boxed set with his tie and pocket square. He must have heard Chad's burn last week that was it Santa whose pocket square didn't match his tie?

Robby is losing me with his emotional strings analogy. Hopefully he can lasso a new filly with those strings if he's chosen as The Bachelor. 

Chad for Bachelor!! Mixed emotions for sure, but I think ATFR audience skews Right Reasons. Take it to Bachelor Nation! Or, my Right Reasons vote goes to Robby. Why was he not even mentioned as an option.

Hmm. Ok, so the press has been steering us wrong about Jordan, and their Amazing Love is Right Reasons. And Bachelor Nation is shamed for not providing a ground swell of support, as Ben and Lauren received. Well those are arguably the two blandest people to ever be on this show, let alone become the final couple. The tabloids couldn't even dig up anything if they tried. Not that they had support--just no reason for people to be unsupportive. Wow! Moving into a new house in Dallas right away. Godspeed, you two. So Harrison shames all about the tabloid rumors that damaged their relationship, and then brings up the tabloid rumors about Aaron. For shame.

The audience can't leave. Are they handcuffed? Locked in? Held at gunpoint? Blink twice if you need help!

For a second there, I thought it was going to be an all-expenses-paid trip to BIP set in Mexico. Thanks, but no thanks! 

• Love 14

Why wouldn't he move?  He's been in Nashville a while and has done nothing.  JoJo's family real estate company is obviously providing them with a house, so he's got nothing to lose.  He can be a loser just as easily in Dallas as in Nashville. 

That was the most incoherent, bumbling and nonsensical proposal I think I've ever seen.  Her response was equally inept.  They truly deserve each other.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Wow. JoJo was the most miserable happy person I ever saw. And way to go ABC, blaming the tabloids for Jordan's jerkiness.  Robby for the Bachelor! He took it all like a real man. 

All that was missing for him was the brewski and the van.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ally862 said:

They didn't announce the next bachelor?  Does that mean it's not someone from this season?

They only get an hour of the aftershow live... so maybe they'll announce it on Kimmel or GMA tomorrow? 

55 minutes ago, Superpole2000 said:

I can't tell if the engagement is as fake as the boobs, but the whole season felt predictable regardless. They have to start airing these things closer to the filming date. As is, all of the media surrounding this show insisted on telling us that Jordan was the heavy favourite, and here we are with the least dramatic conclusion ever.

Reality Steve must be pissed! Who needs him anymore for spoilers?  Sometimes spoilers exist in the title of an internet article. It's so ridiculous.

• Love 1

Jordan is so slick and phony.  And he showed it all in this episode for all to see, including her parents and brothers and mute sister, and yet she still picked him.  What a surprise.  Not.

Good luck with your homophobic fiancé, JoJo.  You're going to need it.  

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, ally862 said:

They didn't announce the next bachelor?  Does that mean it's not someone from this season?

They announced Ben last year after the Bachelor in Paradise finale.  So that's next month.  

9 minutes ago, lightbeam said:

Reality Steve must be pissed! Who needs him anymore for spoilers?  Sometimes spoilers exist in the title of an internet article. It's so ridiculous.

Reality Steve publishes his spoilers during the filming, so he puts them up a couple of months before the show even airs.  He's not pissed at all, as the tabloids use his stuff.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

They announced Ben last year after the Bachelor in Paradise finale.  So that's next month.  

That's when we'll get the JoJo/Jordan breakup announcement too. I've never seen an ATFR where they spent the whole episode trying to explain how horrible their relationship has been.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, awaken said:

Why is it SO crucial for an adult woman to have her parents' permission?  

Because she is not an adult.  Why is it that the men have to fix her?  Her parents made sure that both of them knew and agreed to helping her with her problems.  RED FLAG, PEOPLE, RED FLAG.  If she is so fragile, why is she getting married?  Even though we all know it's a pretend thing.  Why make yourself look like a complete idiot?

• Love 9

Some of the speech in this episode hurt my soul (even more than usual for this franchise).

Greatest hits:

• Jojo saying she had reservations and was "weary" of falling in love on the show - perhaps you were "wary" Joelle? Though I was certainly weary after three hours of this crap. 
  • All of the numerous "Jordan and I's relationship" comments
  • The even more numerous "me and him, me and her" usage by EVERYONE.
  • And finally, my personal favorite, Jojo gleefully exclaiming that her relationship with Robby is wonderful and it's been an "uphill climb" ever since he said he loved her. I don't think that means what you think it means, Jojo. 

I want to be positive, but I don't see this relationship lasting too long. He hardly seems into her, and I think she's still too immature for marriage. Nothing wrong with that, she's only 25. 

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Reality Steve publishes his spoilers during the filming, so he puts them up a couple of months before the show even airs.  He's not pissed at all, as the tabloids use his stuff.  

Yea, but I would surmise that less people are checking out his blog for spoilers while the season airs since it's so obvious from the get-go who wins.  And bloggers certainly like to be credited and sourced, but they also rely on hits (or clicks, or whatever it's called) for ad revenue.  At least that's how I read the poster's comment.  

• Love 1

Am I the only one who noticed the mother's "fillers"?  Too much filler in the lips made them stick out.  And the sister didn't resemble anyone else in the family.  There, I am officially the mean girl on this board.

• Love 7

I am probably the only one here who likes Jordan, but I still do. I imagine he will move to Dallas with JoJo, they will get to know each other and break up, but I'm ok with that. JoJo seems really spoiled by her family and she has really high expectations. She wanted every ma n to say they love her and then she was actually pissed that Jordan didn't ask her family 'for her hand'. Jordan's explanation made sense; he wanted to do that only when he knows the woman loves him back. JoJo was taking everything as if she wasn't being adored enough.

I went back and forth on Robby over the season. Tonight he seemed to me to be really fake, his words just didn't seem heartfelt. And I now wonder if he has a hair piece. I kept wanting to see him get out of the shower with wet hair, and nope. I guess I'm neither a right or wrong reason viewer; I don't believe everything I see and I get it that most of the couples have broken up. But part of me enjoys seeing young love, even its only for a brief relationship. I wonder if Robby will be considered for the bachelor. I think he is kind of too metrosexual, but he at least talks more than Luke. I wish Jordan had told Chris H to shut the hell up about his family; it's JoJo's business, not Chris Harrisons.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Because she is not an adult.  Why is it that the men have to fix her?  Her parents made sure that both of them knew and agreed to helping her with her problems.  RED FLAG, PEOPLE, RED FLAG.  If she is so fragile, why is she getting married?  Even though we all know it's a pretend thing.  Why make yourself look like a complete idiot?

YES.  Just for once, I want a family member to be reasonable and say, "well, if you really feel like you're in love with two different people, then you are not ready to get engaged."  Because if that happened in "real life", outside of a TV show that says you have to choose, that is what parents would say.

19 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:
  • Jojo saying she had reservations and was "weary" of falling in love on the show - perhaps you were "wary" Joelle? Though I was certainly weary after three hours of this crap. 
  • All of the numerous "Jordan and I's relationship" comments
  • The even more numerous "me and him, me and her" usage by EVERYONE.
  • And finally, my personal favorite, Jojo gleefully exclaiming that her relationship with Robby is wonderful and it's been an "uphill climb" ever since he said he loved her. I don't think that means what you think it means, Jojo. 

Yes, I thought this season had the worst grammar of any season.   But in that way, Jojo and Jordan are a good match. 

19 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

Am I the only one who noticed the mother's "fillers"?  Too much filler in the lips made them stick out.  And the sister didn't resemble anyone else in the family.  There, I am officially the mean girl on this board.

Nope.  It was the first thing I noticed about her.  Goodness!   Like she's making permanent "duck lips." 

• Love 5

Her mother appears intelligent but it's hard to listen to what she's saying when I'm staring at her face trying to figure out work I think she's had done. [ETA I just think women are more beautiful without all that, and they let their age and wisdom show. ]

I think JoJoJordan will be done before BIP finishes airing but they'll announce it the same special event that they announce the new Bachelor. Women picking men tend to fare better on this series, guess not this time. When I think about Kaitlin and Shawn, and how they seem still happy etc., I'm reminded that they had to deal with the backlash from Trolls/Ppl of the Internet because of Kaitlin sleeping with Nick .  Seems like Shawn truly supported her during that, he was there for her. (Gosh listen to me...sorry.) Going through something difficult can cement things, show you what people are really made of. I'm not sensing that support from Jordan for JoJo, and in my opinion nothing about either of them this season in the tabloids is as bad as what Kaitlin had to endure from faceless haters.

31 minutes ago, Fannysue said:

If this article is correct, the sister is JoJo's half sibling from her Dad and his first wife. Soyraya is his 2nd wife and the two look-alike brothers are half-siblings of hers from her Mom's first marriage.

https://www.romper.com/p/who-are-jojos-parents-on-the-bachelorette-she-comes-from-a-blended-family-15103

I liked JoJo's dip dye sweater on her date with Robby. I've liked her gowns but I think this sweater is the first casual clothing I've liked that she's worn. Heh.

Edited by Refresh
Because I want us all to embrace our wrinkles.
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, backformore said:

YES.  Just for once, I want a family member to be reasonable and say, "well, if you really feel like you're in love with two different people, then you are not ready to get engaged."  Because if that happened in "real life", outside of a TV show that says you have to choose, that is what parents would say.

I'll go you one further:  Dating around and having fun nights out is one thing but how could you get serious with two guys at the same time?  Being Italian and not even old school Italian, my parents would have been shaking their heads wondering where they went wrong.  This show has jumped the shark so long ago.

• Love 3