Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

A fugitive emu led California Highway Patrol officers on a brief pursuit in Madera County before being taken into custody Friday.

The southbound runaway was apprehended after a 30-minute chase along California 99 and taken to the Madera County Animal Services for processing.

“No you weren’t watching a live action Liberty Mutual commercial,” CHP wrote on Facebook, referencing the “LiMu” emu featured in Liberty Mutual insurance advertisements. “This afternoon we were graced by the presence of an emu.”

🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 13

The Raisin Bran commercial I've seen is with a girl who tells her dad his jacket is an "aggressive" shade of yellow, he says it's great, she says, "If you're a banana," and he makes the obligatory Dad Joke, "It's very a-peel-ing".  I like that one.

Edited by Bastet
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I have an unpopular opinion, I hate the mayhem guy. He just annoys the daylights out of me. 

I also don't like the Myberic (I probably spelled it wrong, the overactive bladder stuff), I don't think the little red bladder is cute. If I don't keep up with my Kegel exercises, I have to go to the bathroom way too often and there is no telling my bladder "NO! We're going to the doctor when we get back home." My bladder will show me and then I'll need bladder leak underwear. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Why are so many children in commercials obnoxious these days? The one that really makes me cringe is the new Raisin Bran commercial.  Loving Dad is watching his tween daughter ride off on her bike.  He tells her to be careful and make good choices. She snottily replies "you make good choices." If that's my daughter, the good choice I make is to take the bike away for about a week or so until she figures out how to speak to an adult respectfully.

2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

If these are the Raisin Bran commercials I am thinking of, I really don't see obnoxious, much less nasty; I see a relationship dynamic that includes some sarcasm and mocking (pretty much like the one I've always had with my own dad).

I also see it as she's concerned about his health, which is why he says he's eating Raisin Bran (presumably, the minuscule amount of fiber and fruit is healthier than a doughnut).

3 hours ago, chessiegal said:

🤣🤣🤣

There's a farm near me that raises emus. I used to drive past it on my way to my old job and usually there were several birds and one cow (or bull; not sure) out in the field. 

Baby emus are freakin' adorable.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I keep seeing one for Google where people use their Alexa/Google devices to order their other appliances to do things.  Like "Google tell Delta to refill the dog's water dish"  I don't want to live in a world where all my kitchen fixtures have names.  I also don't think it's really hard to go turn on the faucet myself.

Is that the commercial where a very, very elderly man is sitting in a recliner as his grandson is going out the door saying "Alexa, remind Grandpa his dinner is ready at 6 pm" (or something to do with old Grandpa). Then Grandpa asks Alexa " play that song  called Valerie". 

And miraculously, Alexa doesn't get the song Valerie (by some female singer) confused with the other song by Stevie Winwood called "Valerie". Alexa can read minds. F'n awesome.

• LOL 9
34 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Is that the commercial where a very, very elderly man is sitting in a recliner as his grandson is going out the door saying "Alexa, remind Grandpa his dinner is ready at 6 pm" (or something to do with old Grandpa). Then Grandpa asks Alexa " play that song  called Valerie". 

And miraculously, Alexa doesn't get the song Valerie (by some female singer) confused with the other song by Stevie Winwood called "Valerie". Alexa can read minds. F'n awesome.

Nope, it's this one.

7 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And that's where the dog gets served an ice cold Dos Equis beer. Stay thirsty my friends!

image.png.a5fce19edf72170f0e918924bce266a2.png

Because my bowl is full, but it's still in the sink!

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 15
17 hours ago, Colleenna said:

This STUPID Wells Fargo commercial about a couple who are so dumb, they don't know that eating out all the time might hinder saving for a house....

Well, given the number of younger couples I know complaining about not being able to afford a house while they sip out of their third Starbucks of the day... that commercial might be more accurate than any of us would like to think. 

• Love 9

Ya know, maybe if the Coffee Mate idiots gave better clues than "it happens at the end of the year" or "it has to do with nature" they'd get better responses. How about "it's white and falls from the sky?" "it's cold and sometimes school is called off because of it?"

• Love 9

There's currently a commercial running for some car insurance company where a woman is pushing her child in a stroller to the doctor's office because she can't afford car insurance.  My first thoughts are, doesn't she have a mama, daddy, siblings, or some friends that could take them to the doctor?  How about cab fare?  No buses in that town?  For some reason this commercial just drives me crazy.  On the other hand, I could just be overthinking all of this.

Edited by shlbycindyk
Forgot a word and the omission made me look stupid.
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, smittykins said:

We didn’t have public buses in my county until 2005(halfway between Rochester and Syracuse), and taxis cost two arms and a leg.

Still no public busses in my county in Western Montana and taxis come from a town 35 miles away so cost two arms and two legs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, shlbycindyk said:

There's currently a commercial running for some car insurance company where a woman is pushing her child in a stroller to the doctor's office because she can't afford car insurance.  My first thoughts are, doesn't she have a mama, daddy, siblings, or some friends that could take them to the doctor?  How about cab fare?  No buses in that town?  For some reason this commercial just drives me crazy.  On the other hand, I could just be overthinking all of this.

We have no busses.  Likely never will.  Not in any town near me until you get about 30 miles north.  Uber/Lyft don't operate much in this area.  There is a taxi service run by a local limo company - not sure of their rates.  There is a transit service that operates here that takes the elderly and disabled on errands and to appointments.  They can ride for very cheap.  If you don't fit their criteria, they will still run you, provided they have room, but it gets much more expensive.

Still, I would think this woman would have SOMEONE to take her, unless she's extremely isolated.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Still, I would think this woman would have SOMEONE to take her, unless she's extremely isolated.

Not really.  Kid gets sick. Last minute appointment.  Middle of the day.  Everybody's at work.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, shlbycindyk said:

That was my question too.

14 hours ago, smittykins said:

We didn’t have public buses in my county until 2005(halfway between Rochester and Syracuse), and taxis cost two arms and a leg.

12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Still no public busses in my county in Western Montana and taxis come from a town 35 miles away so cost two arms and two legs.

1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

We have no busses.  Likely never will.  Not in any town near me until you get about 30 miles north.  Uber/Lyft don't operate much in this area.  There is a taxi service run by a local limo company - not sure of their rates.  There is a transit service that operates here that takes the elderly and disabled on errands and to appointments.  They can ride for very cheap.  If you don't fit their criteria, they will still run you, provided they have room, but it gets much more expensive.

I didn't know that. That helps make the commercial make more sense. 

On ‎08‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:00 PM, Brattinella said:

Well, that's just sacrilegious, messing with Guantanamera.

The fans of every professional soccer club in England (and most non-professional ones) have been altering Guantanamera for decades.  (We Arsenal supporters used to sing "One Arsene Wenger, there's only one Arsene Wenger", but now that he's gone, we're struggling to replace it because Aubameyang's name doesn't work with the tune.  I mean "One Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang" is just too wordy. )  And MLS fans do it now, too.  That's the idea of those commercials - they do run a lot during soccer matches.

• Useful 1
On ‎08‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

So thanks to a fellow poster, I discovered that IMDB has a streaming service where I can watch shows from my childhood and beyond. It's free if I watch it with the ads. Which aren't so bad, as there are only two between each break, and they last under a minute.

But.  There is one commercial--by Amazon--just makes me🙄🙄. It's for Pill Pack. You have this woman who shoves her purse with what looks to be at least 15 bottles (her medication, she says), and says she doesn't want to go around with a purse stuffed with bottles and empties the purse and then cheerfully talks about Pill Pack. This amaaaaaazing service provides her with all her tablets in one small pack! When she tears one open and dumps the pills in her palm, I was expecting to see 10 pills at least, one to go with each bottle that she showed us that she stuffed in her purse. But nope. Just three pills.

And it's "FREEEE." All she has to pay for is her copay. Does YOUR Pharmacy do that?

PUHLEAZE.

If each pack contains ALL her medication, then there should have been 10 pills inside and that should have been revealed in her palm. But then again, I've never seen so many bottles for someone who looks relatively healthy.

What bugs me about that commercial is that there are plenty of ways to carry your medicine in your purse without having to stuff all the bottles in there.

On ‎08‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:10 AM, Dbolt said:

I know it is not a difficult task, but I really do hate counting out my medicine each week lol. It is just so tedious and depressing at the same time. 

I don't mind it.  I also put the very few vitamins I take into my pill organizer.

On ‎08‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, teddysmom said:

The Liberty Mutual commercial with the emu, and the Chantix commercial with the Turkey who goes surfing or something and then drives home. 

I keep getting hung up on the fact that the Turkey is wearing flip flops.

• Love 5
On ‎08‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:55 PM, funky-rat said:

It was struck by lightning.  There's a slightly longer version that doesn't always air, where he says something to the effect of "No one burned it down, it got hit by lightning".

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies: He would say that, wouldn't he?

On ‎08‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:41 PM, mxc90 said:

What's annoying is that damn disclaimer that always follows. Now this poor girl has to worry about a few minor issues such as the risk of lowering her ability to fight infections, including tuberculosis, serious/sometimes fatal infections and cancer (including lymphoma have happened), as have blood, liver, and nervous system problems. Serious allergic reactions and new or worsening heart failure. Oh Lovely! Rock on young lady!!

They have to list all possible side effects, but most people don't get them.

• Love 1
On ‎08‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:14 PM, Stella Rose said:

My parents sent me to my first day of kindergarten in "Hee Haw' cartoony printed denim overalls.

I loved Hee Haw as a kid.  Those overalls would've been a big hit around here.  And no, I don't live in the south.

On ‎08‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:50 PM, TattleTeeny said:

I think they are. But it's not like non-meat eaters are going to BK for "healthy" food; we're going because we like fast food too.

They're actually worse for you than real Whoppers.  But yeah, no one goes to BK for health food.

On ‎08‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:14 PM, TexasTiffany said:

I like this ad. I don't turn the channel when it comes on. How she delivers her line and how he reacts make me like them. Good casting of these 2 actors. 

I liked it at first, but they ran it a lot and I got tired of it.

About the Kraft commercials: yes, sometimes it's not a kid being a brat, but in those commercials, it totally is.

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:13 PM, Brattinella said:

Dryer sheets make towels non-absorbant.

I haven't had that happen, and I'm using a towel given to me as a 'going to college' present in 1991.  Maybe it depends on the towels?  Of course, I don't buy Bounce dryer sheets, only the inexpensive store brands.

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 12:41 PM, Brookside said:

Kraft "Natural cheese."  Just two words, but I don't even know where to start about how wrong this is.

Well, most of their stuff is "cheese product" because it's not 100% cheese.

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 2:30 PM, sempervivum said:

She serves them a crummy frozen (I assume) pizza with a whole package of shredded 'natural' cheese on it,  on a bare table with zero salad or fruit offered

I assumed it was a pizza crust like the ones I get in the dairy section of the grocery store.

• Love 1
On ‎09‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:28 PM, chenoa333 said:

All baby animals are adorable! Human babies....sometimes yes, sometimes no. Mostly NO!

ETA: I LOVE PUPPY BREATH!

Not true - baby baboons are ugly as hell.

On ‎09‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:14 PM, peacheslatour said:

Ya know, maybe if the Coffee Mate idiots gave better clues than "it happens at the end of the year" or "it has to do with nature" they'd get better responses. How about "it's white and falls from the sky?" "it's cold and sometimes school is called off because of it?"

I've used "you can make balls, angels and forts out of it" during that commercial.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Care to cite data to back that claim up? 

I don't know about worse, but a quick google shows that the general consensus (from sites that cite doctors, good nutritional info, and the FDA, and aren't sites like "veganssuck.com" or "notadoctorbutplayoneonline.com") is that if you want to be meatless, you are better off with Gardenburgers or other more veggie based burgers because the Impossible and Beyond patties are very processed and are full of sodium, soy, and other things that the more veggie based burgers have less of.  So while I wouldn't say they're much worse, most articles say they're not much healthier, if at all.

Most of those burgers have mushrooms in them, and I'm allergic, so they're a no-go for me, regardless.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Care to cite data to back that claim up? 

"The original Whopper clocks in at 660 calories (more than half of them coming from fat), 40 grams of fat, and 28 grams of protein. The Impossible Whopper comes in at 630 calories (again, half from fat), 34 grams of fat, and 25 grams of protein.

The Impossible Whopper does have significantly lower cholesterol — 10 milligrams compared to 90 milligrams — but has more sodium at 1,240 milligrams compared to 980 milligrams."  From healthline.com.

It does have slightly fewer calories and less fat, but also less protein, and the percentage of fat is just as bad.  The sodium count is almost 300 milligrams more than the regular Whopper, though.  (Most of the time when a manufacturer removes fat, they replace it with salt.)  So I guess it depends on how you calculate good for you/bad for you, but let's just say it's still really bad for you.  And not vegan, since it's cooked on the same conveyor belt type grill as BK's other burgers.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4