Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Wow!! Love it!

Doesn't it occur to these muppets (also the Bateses parents) to maybe, just may-fucking-be to loosen up, stop their stupid restrictions and let their kids decide what THEY want to wear??? Mismatched and ill fitting clothes are clearly not high on the list.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Wow!! Love it!

Doesn't it occur to these muppets (also the Bateses parents) to maybe, just may-fucking-be to loosen up, stop their stupid restrictions and let their kids decide what THEY want to wear??? Mismatched and ill fitting clothes are clearly not high on the list.

The Bates are more relaxed compared to the Duggars. Alyssa Bates wears jeans around her home. She will wear skirts when visiting her parents out of respect for their home but there's been many pics on her IG (instagram) of her in jeans. I just think it's her sisters who've kept up wearing skirts. 

Also fwiw I went to HS with people of the Pentecostal faith and they wore skirts and didn't cut their hair either so it's not just these families and the like. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, SMama said:

Why oh why couldn't I be there when Boob and Mullet blew their tops about the picture? I know it's petty of me but like someone else noted, the young lady wore shorts and the world did not come to an end. 

I would have loved to have seen Jessa's reaction as well.  She's stuck in the mold house under her father's rule with a boy husband  and two kids wearing her second hand frumpwear.  Go Jinge !!

ETA:   Let's hope a haircut is in Jinge's near future. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 14
48 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What are Jer & Jin holding in their hands? Are they doing a Christian intervention on the young lady who works at Hooters?

From the comments, it seems they are on the Laredo Community College campus.  They are probably handing out some kind of tract.  Hopefully it at least ties into the church as advertising and they aren't just handing out propaganda for the fun of it.

• Love 3

That is what Jessa gets for dumping her bestie Jinger when she got married. Jessa attained the coveted married equals adult status, and left Jinger in her dust.  She was all about double dates, date nights, and mingling with other marrieds. Now Jessa is still stuck in the mold house with perpetual allergy suffering boy Bin, and two kids.

Heck, as miserable as she looks, Jill has been to Danger America twice with her family. Jessa went to Europe on her hornymoon, and that was the highlight of her indenture  marriage. Yes Jinger is still beholden to her headship and will never be free. But at least she was able to join a sing along during Christmas, and does not have to wear ankle length skirts/dresses in oppressive heat. 

I agree with @Barb23, a haircut would be nice, baby steps.

• Love 16
14 hours ago, louannems said:

If Jinger chooses to wear shorts, then she most definitely will wear pants in cooler weather. And the world hasn't ended!

She is still very conservatively dressed.  She looks like a mail carrier.

I just wish Jinger could wash and brush her hair. And cut it.

But the shorts are a good thing.

The HOOCHIE!!!

Mail carrier? Her shorts aren't even THAT tight. Congrats to Jinger on appearing more normal.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, louannems said:

If Jinger chooses to wear shorts, then she most definitely will wear pants in cooler weather. And the world hasn't ended!

She is still very conservatively dressed.  She looks like a mail carrier.

I just wish Jinger could wash and brush her hair. And cut it.

But the shorts are a good thing.

The HOOCHIE!!!

Mail carrier? Her shorts aren't even THAT tight. Congrats to Jinger on appearing more normal.

On 3/4/2017 at 11:50 AM, Lady Edith said:

All this talk about Jinger's clothing choices makes me wonder...so I have a question for those of you who adhered to dietary (no pork, etc.) and strict dress codes growing up as part of Fundamentalist Christian religious belief...can you please explain why?  

I grew up IFB (not Gothard) and we ate all foods.  I was dresses only.

Some Old Testament Laws are observed and some are not.  They make the distinction based on what is ceremonial and what is moral. 

So, they don't follow clean/unclean rules, blood sacrifices etc because they are ceremonial.

Not wearing pants is  2 issues.  

1. Modesty-however the case can easily be made that pants can be modest so that is not a strong argument 

2. Wearing clothes of the opposite sex is an "abomination" and therefore a moral issue...hence the observance of dresses/skirts. 

So, to tie this one back to the Duggars...publicly, the Duggars gloss over the issue by claiming "modesty" which is more palatable to the viewers. Anyone familiar with IFB doctrine knows it is the "abomination" that is what they are actually adhering to but will not say that for obvious reasons. 

Deut 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so areabomination unto the LORD thy God.”

• Love 2

Just saw the honeymoon episode and holy crap, Jill is such a spoiled, entitled bitch, and not in the "bitches get shit done" way, just a useless brat. At least the rest of them are able to feign politeness in front of strangers. I didn't think it was possible to hate a Duggar more than I do Jill, (hatred for Josh goes without saying), but Jinger did it. Of course the one who makes some progress in the clothing department is the most obnoxious one, because we can never have good things.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Just saw the honeymoon episode and holy crap, Jill is such a spoiled, entitled bitch, and not in the "bitches get shit done" way, just a useless brat. At least the rest of them are able to feign politeness in front of strangers. I didn't think it was possible to hate a Duggar more than I do Jill, (hatred for Josh goes without saying), but Jinger did it. Of course the one who makes some progress in the clothing department is the most obnoxious one, because we can never have good things.

Not a fan of Jinger. 

I think Jeremy insisted that Jinger wear more "normal" clothes because HE likes it. I'm not convinced this is Jinger making progress but is Jeremy trying to mold his meek little bride into something that gets him all hot. 

I know the popular opinion is that the shorts are a step in the right direction. I'm coming from a different experience.  

I grew up wearing skirts/dresses and liked it.  My husband converted to IFB before we married.  He "tolerated" my clothing until we got married and then he told me how much he liked  jeans. So, i wore what he liked because I wanted my husband to think I was pretty and sexy.  Except I always hated the jeans and shorts.

I still prefer my skirts even though I'm not IFB anymore.  I wear my skirts when he is not around and we still argue about my clothes with him always suggesting clothes and shoes that are "sexier" than I like.  I am friendly with some ex-IFB women and this is more common than what you think.  So, I land up "submitting" in a different way. 

I really hope Jeremy didn't pull this one on Jinger.  Jinger will do anything Jeremy wants her to do because that is what she has been trained to do. I hope Jeremy doesn't make her feel less pretty or less sexy because she is/was wearing a skirt.  I hope these are Jinger's true choices and not her acting like a puppy trying to please her man because then she is back to where she started. 

These IFB men are tricky.  I am highly suspicious of Jeremy. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, TotalHellion said:

The Bates are more relaxed compared to the Duggars. Alyssa Bates wears jeans around her home. She will wear skirts when visiting her parents out of respect for their home but there's been many pics on her IG (instagram) of her in jeans. I just think it's her sisters who've kept up wearing skirts. 

Didn't they browbeat pray with Erin until the Lord convicted her to ditch her jeans for dresses? I swear I read a Bates blog post about this.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Readalot said:

What visitor ban?

In a Th, Jess and ben mentioned that they weren't allowed to visit for 6 months.

Some posters feel this is a healthy.

Some posters feel this is Jeremy being controlling.

Cast your vote!!!  :)

• Love 2

The six month pause for visitors was a great idea. I hope when they lift the ban, they maintain some strict rules on visiting. It's so hard to say what's really going on, but I get a vibe that they had real discussions before they were married. Maybe their chaperone was cooperative and let them behave like a couple in love and discuss all the possibilities of married life. I really hope this works out and Jeremy IS the one to free Jinger.

• Love 10

Love that Jing is wearing shorts - and that her shorts, shirt and shoes all are the correct size and fit!  As for the 6 month ban...I'm torn. On the one hand, I see it as good so Jing can have a break from her family and they don't descend en masse to inflict their lives on her; on the other hand I can see it a s a dick move by Jeremy to brain wash Jinger.  We were going to enforce a no visit for 1 week after baby was born - yeah, I changed my mind while I was still in the hospital!  Free help was very welcome.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Marigold said:

In a Th, Jess and ben mentioned that they weren't allowed to visit for 6 months.

Some posters feel this is a healthy.

Some posters feel this is Jeremy being controlling.

Cast your vote!!!  :)

Thanks!  I don't have the channel anymore so I haven't watched in awhile. - Um, I vote for healthy. I will hope Jeremy is giving Jinger a break from her wacked family.  

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

Love that Jing is wearing shorts - and that her shorts, shirt and shoes all are the correct size and fit!  As for the 6 month ban...I'm torn. On the one hand, I see it as good so Jing can have a break from her family and they don't descend en masse to inflict their lives on her; on the other hand I can see it a s a dick move by Jeremy to brain wash Jinger.  We were going to enforce a no visit for 1 week after baby was born - yeah, I changed my mind while I was still in the hospital!  Free help was very welcome.

We don't know if Jeremy made this decision. That's what will tip the scales. If they made the decision together, it's a healthy thing. The Duggars are way too overwhelming and have no boundaries, so a complete ban is the only way to stop them. Look at Jessa in the decorating episode. Jinger might have been hoping for time alone with Baaabe. We also don't know if Jeremy is brainwashing Jinger, or deprogramming her. Unless other evidence is revealed, I'm really happy about what I see from these two.

• Love 12

I think that the ban is a truly healthy thing.  If I were Jeremy my first point of business in the new marriage would be to establish some serious boundaries with his inlaws.  Couples need time to be together. To develop routines and to just BE.  That won't happen with a constant stream of insane inlaws invading their home.  So the ban is a good thing from this standpoint.

in regards to the deprogramming I think this is another possibility.  But it will only stick if there are boundaries put up to prevent Jim Bob from undoing what good Jeremy did.  And those boundaries have to be enforced.  I think Jeremy is the only husband out of the group who is actually able and willing to support himself and his family without the Duggar Dime.  Dreck had potential but his quitting his job and making their escape to DA in response to Joshgate kind of put a stop to that.  

I just hope they stick to their guns here.  There is so much to gain from it!!!

• Love 14
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Holy shorts! Not a tank top or skirt in sight.

She has def gone shopping since becoming the Mrs.  I am glad she can start having more control over her clothing.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Didn't they browbeat pray with Erin until the Lord convicted her to ditch her jeans for dresses? I swear I read a Bates blog post about this.

It was Whitney, Zach's wife and yes they did. The good thing is she's back to wearing jeans and is dressing her daughter in pants as well, so score one for Adults Making Their Own Damn Choices.

Josie Bates recently cut her hair, so maybe the reigns are loosening at Case de Bateseseses.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 13
21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It was Whitney, Zach's wife and yes they did. The good thing is she's back to wearing jeans and is dressing her daughter in pants as well, so score one for Adults Making Their Own Damn Choices.

Josie Bates recently cut her hair, so maybe the reigns are loosening at Case de Bateseseses.

Probably trying to look as normal as possible since the Gothard trial is coming up. 

• Love 5

Yes. Laredo's in South Texas. It's hot there. The best it gets is - just warm. Well, okay, winter nights are cool. It's not a great climate for anyone who dresses in the good old Duggar frumper "modesty" style with two layers of crappy thrift-store cheap clothes. Looks like Jinge is figuring out a modest way to dress that's also weather-appropriate, age-appropriate, and attractive. 

I remember scenes of Jinger spending so much time styling her hair that she was about to make everyone late for something. Ben was nagging her to hurry up. I think she's more style-conscious than her sisters, and I don't think anyone had to push her very hard into updating her look.

(I started off by writing that Jinger was more style-conscious than Jill - and then realized that my dog is more style-conscious than Jill. I think Jill's just fashion-and-style-impaired and will always look like she dressed out of a ragbag unless someone else picks out her clothes. And I don't think Derick gives a cr*p. Jessa at least tries although those skin-tight maternity tops are dire, and Jana generally looks pretty well-put-together.)

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

(I started off by writing that Jinger was more style-conscious than Jill - and then realized that my dog is more style-conscious than Jill. I think Jill's just fashion-and-style-impaired and will always look like she dressed out of a ragbag unless someone else picks out her clothes. And I don't think Derick gives a cr*p. Jessa at least tries although those skin-tight maternity tops are dire, and Jana generally looks pretty well-put-together.)

Best. Line. Ever.

• Love 13

I guess if the worst case scenario is that Jeremy is brainwashing her to his way of thinking - still a win. I doubt she was ever going to go off and do her own thing, or marry a mainstream man. So she could either stay in the Duggar mindset, or marry a Ben or Derrick! Lord. At least Jinger seem thrilled with this guy, and by all accounts a little more mainstream clothing is being encouraged. 

We had no rules about family after marriage (of course I also didn't have 1200 siblings), but we didn't socialize much with them either. I remember my mother (who lived out of town) calling my mother-in-law and asked how we were doing. MIL said, "They keep to themselves". I'm all for the time they're taking. It's not like a sister will visit here or there - those dopey parents would try to make it a road trip special episode. And gah - I can see Josh and Anna and too many kids showing up and asking for the guest room! Oh to know Jeremy's feelings on that guy. Jill let that all is perfect facade slip once on twitter when she said that Derrick would stay up and talk to her at night when she was at her lowest and crying. HAD to be Josh related. It was before the towel rack horror. 

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Laredo is much warmer than Tontitown, 34 c on Friday at 1 pm in Laredo, while it maxed out at 12 c at 2 pm in Tontitown. She's being practical in a Peggy Hill style. 

Oh man, I hope she starts playing Boggle.

You nailed the look spot on for me.

• Love 3

I think Jinger looks genuinely happy in the picture.  It's hard to fake that.  She looks wonderful in shorts.  As for her hair- she looks like almost every young woman her age I see in my town.  Long...because they don't know just yet what they want to do with it.

Jill, Jessa and Jinger got married young.  Of the three- Jinger has changed the most, the fastest. 

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

I think Jinger looks genuinely happy in the picture.  It's hard to fake that.  She looks wonderful in shorts.  As for her hair- she looks like almost every young woman her age I see in my town.  Long...because they don't know just yet what they want to do with it.

Jill, Jessa and Jinger got married young.  Of the three- Jinger has changed the most, the fastest. 

Maybe because Jinger married a grown-up?

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Andalusian said:

Oh man, I hope she starts playing Boggle.

You nailed the look spot on for me.

I the earlier years of our marriage, Mr Jyn and I sometimes used to play strip Boggle (once the kids were asleep!). Maybe Jin/jer could try that as well :)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, SMama said:

That is what Jessa gets for dumping her bestie Jinger when she got married. Jessa attained the coveted married equals adult status, and left Jinger in her dust.  She was all about double dates, date nights, and mingling with other marrieds. Now Jessa is still stuck in the mold house with perpetual allergy suffering boy Bin, and two kids.

Heck, as miserable as she looks, Jill has been to Danger America twice with her family. Jessa went to Europe on her hornymoon, and that was the highlight of her indenture  marriage. Yes Jinger is still beholden to her headship and will never be free. But at least she was able to join a sing along during Christmas, and does not have to wear ankle length skirts/dresses in oppressive heat. 

I agree with @Barb23, a haircut would be nice, baby steps.

I don't think this is true. I do think Jessa and Jinger care deeply for each other and Jessa was instrumental in hooking Jeremy up with Jinger. I could see her wanting her bestie to be happy and get the hell out of the girls dorm. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don't think honk this is true. I do think Jessa and Jinger care deeply for each other and Jessa was instrumental in hooking Jeremy up with Jinger. I could see her wanting her bestie to be happy and get the hell out of the girls dorm. 

I agree. As much as I can't stand Jessa, if it weren't for her Jinger would still be trapped in the laundry room. One of the things that struck me though was a comment Jessa made during the wedding epis. She said something along the lines of she didn't think Jeremy would be taking Jinger so far away (paraphrasing here) and I found that interesting. I'm wondering if Jessa believed Jeremy would be sucked into the Duggar vortex just like Derick and Bin, and he'd move to Arkansas where he and Jinger would live in a Boob provided rental and do double dates with the Seewalds. It's like the concept of a grown man acting like a grown man was completely lost on her.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. As much as I can't stand Jessa, if it weren't for her Jinger would still be trapped in the laundry room. One of the things that struck me though was a comment Jessa made during the wedding epis. She said something along the lines of she didn't think Jeremy would be taking Jinger so far away (paraphrasing here) and I found that interesting. I'm wondering if Jessa believed Jeremy would be sucked into the Duggar vortex just like Derick and Bin, and he'd move to Arkansas where he and Jinger would live in a Boob provided rental and do double dates with the Seewalds. It's like the concept of a grown man acting like a grown man was completely lost on her.

Jinger is Jessa's sister and her ONLY real friend. Of all the sibling relationships I think that one is real (along with Jana and JD), anyone would be wistful of their only friend moving away. She had probably hoped that they could still live in close  proximity because she likes having Jinger around, and when it became real that she was leaving she was "sad" more than really surprised Jinger was following Jeremy to Laredo. 

• Love 4

Why wouldn't she expect Jeremy to do the same as Anna, Derick and Ben? It's all she knows. If I truly wanted the best for my BFF sister, I would just want her to be happy. I would not have expectations about my sister remaining in a hell hole of a small city. Especially when my sister had stated her desire to live in a big city. I would just be happy that she is happy. I would not be expecting double dates and sitting at the TTH doing nothing.

That is the great thing about this forum, we all look at life through different prisms.  :)

• Love 4

I agree that the Jessa/Jinger and Jana/JD friendships are the strongest in the family! I also think that Jinger/joe seem to have a rather decent friendship, as well as Jill/joy, though that one is a [clueless] parent/[clueless] child relationship. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's like the concept of a grown man acting like a grown man was completely lost on her.

She's seen so few them, how would she know?  :)

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

On Jeremy and Jinger's website they congratulated Joe and Kendra. There's nothing there congratulating Joy and Austin, nothing!

It's on Jeremy Vuolo's facebook. 

• Love 3

How would Jinger and Jeremy actually enforce this six-month ban if the Duggars called their bluff? What if Jim Bob and Michelle just showed up unannounced on their doorstep? Would Jinger dare not let them in? What if Jessa and Ben called to say that they were flying in, accompanied by a TLC camera crew? Would Jinger and Jeremy risk jeopardizing their TLC paychecks by being uncooperative?

I think that the so-called "ban" is just something that they came up with to talk about on the show. It's another FU Internet moment; "See, we DO understand the concept of boundaries! And we respect each other's right to privacy!"

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

How would Jinger and Jeremy actually enforce this six-month ban if the Duggars called their bluff? What if Jim Bob and Michelle just showed up unannounced on their doorstep? Would Jinger dare not let them in? What if Jessa and Ben called to say that they were flying in, accompanied by a TLC camera crew? Would Jinger and Jeremy risk jeopardizing their TLC paychecks by being uncooperative?

I think that the so-called "ban" is just something that they came up with to talk about on the show. It's another FU Internet moment; "See, we DO understand the concept of boundaries! And we respect each other's right to privacy!"

Have there been any sightings of Duggars in Laredo or Jeremy & Jinger in Arkansas? The Duggar Family seems to live in each other pockets, so I think the fact that there aren't any instagram pics of any of them with Jer & Jing, something was said and the family has stayed away.

• Love 3

I find it hard to believe with Christmas, Jill leaving, and Henry being born that Jinger hasn't made her way to Arkansas at least once.  I could see the Duggar's not advertising the fact that they got shafted on Christmas and that Jinger visited for New Year's Day.  I could see Jinger not giving a flying rat's ass about Jill going back to DA.  But I can't believe that she wouldn't come see Jessa and Henry.  I assume any visits have been part of the new season and have been locked down especially if she and Jeremy pulled a "surprise!"

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, saylubee said:

I find it hard to believe with Christmas, Jill leaving, and Henry being born that Jinger hasn't made her way to Arkansas at least once.  I could see the Duggar's not advertising the fact that they got shafted on Christmas and that Jinger visited for New Year's Day.  I could see Jinger not giving a flying rat's ass about Jill going back to DA.  But I can't believe that she wouldn't come see Jessa and Henry.  I assume any visits have been part of the new season and have been locked down especially if she and Jeremy pulled a "surprise!"

Is the visitation restriction on travel to the TTH as well? Or was it to keep the Duggs from dropping in on them. It would be much easier for them to make a quick visit and leave when they choose, than to have the Duggs in never-ending rotation sleeping in the guest room.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 10

No doubt they're still all texting, calling, skyping, etc.

While I do thjnk it is great that Jinger is being partially deprogrammed, I feel like she is being programmed in another direction. Still somebody else controlling and deciding for a grown, intelligent, adult woman. She's transferring her dependency from her family to her husband.

I want to like Jeremy, because he looks so much like Mr Razz, and Jinger is wearing real clothes and looking happy, but I'm still side eyeing him. This six month ban sounds like partial isolation, which is a big red flag. 

• Love 3

I would find the six months odd if they had a normal relationship. Meaning they met, dated, eventually realized they were in love, spent much needed time alone together. So many of us have expressed how terrifying it would be to go from hand holding, to first kiss, being alone for the first time, to intercourse. All that in one day.

Even when we date as normal people, cohabiting with someone takes a heck of a lot of adjustment. I can't imagine never being alone with the person I just married. Jinger and Jeremy need time to become accustomed to cohabit, they need time to talk, to get to know each other. If the Duggars did not sweep in and take over I would find the six months odd. But they freaking colonize, have no boundaries, no manners, and do not realize a crowd of twenty plus gets old fast.

They descended on poor Anna right after birth. I gave birth in a hospital, had excellent care, an epidural, and was exhausted post partum. There is no way I could have handled a room full of loud adults and children. Never mind all those germs around my barely hours old newborn. The Duggars behavior is simply not normal.

Alyssa lived in a circus and once she married it was obvious she's not comfortable with her family's invasion. Maybe Jinger is the one of the unfortunate 19 who wished for peace and quiet. She probably never expressed this because she had to keep sweet, and toe the line. Could it be possible she was looking forward to doing new things, getting to know her husband and in laws, without the constant intrusion of Duggars? 

Boob was completely insulting when he visited Jeremy's place, then embarrassed him about his finances. Notice how Derick folded and promised never to use a credit card, never be in debt. Derick and Ben submitted to Boob's and Mullet's bogus "marriage counseling." Did they film Jeremy and Jinger meekly submitting to her parents' marital advise? Jeremy and Jinger are just a bit different than the previous couples. Same horrendous beliefs, but also more independent, more protective of their space. 

Or not...

Edited by SMama
Spelling
  • Love 23