Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Micks Picks said:

Of course they would skip that vaccine.  JB was proud when most of his kids got chicken pox at the same time, and told them it was good because now they wouldn't get (oh shit the name slipped my half a mind, you know the adult version that hurts like hell)  Anyway, it was exactly wrong.  Only those who've had chicken pox get the humdinger in later life.  

It's shingles. Jim Bob is such a dolt.

Also: Please, if you've ever had chicken pox, once you hit 50 or whatever the recommended age is, get the shingles vaccine! My wonderful healthy-as-a-horse, Energizer-bunny type cousin, was really laid low by shingles in her mid-70's. Took her a long time to get over it. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 5

I thought Jeremy was controlling before the wedding episode but now I'm not so sure.  He was very calm when Jinger instructed him how to cut the cake and also when she figured out how to light the unity candle.

I would have expected more of a negative reaction to being told how to do things in public if Jeremy was really balls deep in the patriarchy stuff.  Even just a negative expression but I didn't see one.

PS. I always thought the unity candle was a Catholic thing so I was kind of surprised to see it.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Jeeves said:

It's shingles. Jim Bob is such a dolt.

Also: Please, if you've ever had chicken pox, once you hit 50 or whatever the recommended age is, get the shingles vaccine! My wonderful healthy-as-a-horse, Energizer-bunny type cousin, was really laid low by shingles in her mid-70's. Took her a long time to get over it. 

You can also get shingles more than once, which I wasn't aware of until my mom got them a few years ago after having first had them way back when I was little.  Luckily the second time was a far milder case, and they have better medication for them these days. After my daughter (age 25) came down with shingles a few months ago, we were talking about it, and Mom said that her sister had suffered through them at the age of 17! So it's by no means an older person's disease, though it does more often strike those over 50. 

Edited to add, my Father-in-law also had shingles in his mid 70's, and suffered irreparable nerve damage as a result. Though he had other health problems, it was the shingles that ultimately left him semi-bedridden between the pain and the amount of drugs he needed to keep it under control, and his quality of life was quite poor for the six or seven years he still lived afterwards.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 3

Someone on FJ posted the best screengrab of Jinger giving Bec the Chef the stinkeye after he told the lovebirds to knock off the PDA. I can't seem to shrink the pic, though. Perhaps someone else can? It's in the show thread, page 7. It's classic Jinger. 

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Someone on FJ posted the best screengrab of Jinger giving Bec the Chef the stinkeye after he told the lovebirds to knock off the PDA. I can't seem to shrink the pic, though. Perhaps someone else can? It's in the show thread, page 7. It's classic Jinger. 

I noticed that in the preview. I thought Bec was being a total bitch. They're filming a puff piece for a reality show, not auditioning for Iron Chef. She needs to take it down a notch. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, flyingdi said:

I thought Jeremy was controlling before the wedding episode but now I'm not so sure.  He was very calm when Jinger instructed him how to cut the cake and also when she figured out how to light the unity candle.

I would have expected more of a negative reaction to being told how to do things in public if Jeremy was really balls deep in the patriarchy stuff.  Even just a negative expression but I didn't see one.

PS. I always thought the unity candle was a Catholic thing so I was kind of surprised to see it.

I don't think I've been to a wedding with a unity candle, but I might not have noticed.  Wiki tells me it's a fairly recent practice.

HOWEVER, I've always thought that it's not surprising that there is often trouble lighting the thing, as it's my understanding is that it is a candle that has never before been lit.  There must be knack to lighting a candle with a wick that is completely waxed over, but my version requires judicious scraping with a penknife or a fingernail - not exactly the visual image one might wish to leave.

• Love 1

I was married in the early nineties and didn't do the unity candle because I thought it was over done way back then so its definitely not new. Oh, and also my mom was the altar guild lady and they always pre lite candles (wedding, advent, altar, aisle, etc.) or at least checked the wicks before hand so there wouldn't be a problem at the service.  She would have made sure that unity candle lite!

Did anyone else get a tad fixated on that big V being symbolic for Jing losing her V card. Couldn't get it out of my mind and I kept thinking it was in poor taste. Just me?...

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I was married in the early nineties and didn't do the unity candle because I thought it was over done way back then so its definitely not new. Oh, and also my mom was the altar guild lady and they always pre lite candles (wedding, advent, altar, aisle, etc.) or at least checked the wicks before hand so there wouldn't be a problem at the service.  She would have made sure that unity candle lite!

Did anyone else get a tad fixated on that big V being symbolic for Jing losing her V card. Couldn't get it out of my mind and I kept thinking it was in poor taste. Just me?...

Nope, I'm also 12 years old. Posted in The Big Day thread in Counting On...don't know how to post a post from one thread to another.

You can bet the only "V" that Jeremy had on his mind was getting into the Jinger's.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Also, @Arwen Evenstar I heart you for mentioning the episode thread. I am newish to PTV and hadn't found the episode threads. I thought it was strange there weren't any, and I have been DYING to comment on the wedding! I couldn't figure out why this thread wasn't blowing up! 

You can comment on the wedding in Counting On or The Duggalos:  Jinger and the Holy Goalie.

i'm pretty sure they are interchangeable, though Counting On is more episode specific.  

PTV has forums for practically every TV show or series out there.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I noticed that in the preview. I thought Bec was being a total bitch. They're filming a puff piece for a reality show, not auditioning for Iron Chef. She needs to take it down a notch. 

Who's Bec?

Bec is the chef who apparently helps JinJer make a dish at his restaurant, ala Benessa in Italy. In the previews, he is demoing something - shrimps on the barbie, I think (and his name is captioned, that's how we know who he is) and admonishes JinJer for their PDA. He was a jerk, and Jinger responded by giving him quite a stankface. Unfortunately, I can't resize the screenrgrab someone got to post here. :(

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

12 yrs old here, too. One of the Duggar boys said to Miss Cindy, "do you like your big V?" or something along those lines. Any other boy would have snickered at accidentally saying that. 

Ha!  Dying. I love their innocent double entendres!  "why yes, honey, I do love my big V!"

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Bec is the chef who apparently helps JinJer make a dish at his restaurant, ala Benessa in Italy. In the previews, he is demoing something - shrimps on the barbie, I think (and his name is captioned, that's how we know who he is) and admonishes JinJer for their PDA. He was a jerk, and Jinger responded by giving him quite a stankface. Unfortunately, I can't resize the screenrgrab someone got to post here. :(

Wait, a minute, Bec is a guy?!!!! I only saw that brief preview clip at the end of the show, but I thought the chef was a woman. 

• Love 4

Could be:  BEC = B**** Eating Crackers
Someone who annoys you so much that no matter what they do, they annoy you.  You could see them across the room and even then you're seething  "Look at that B**** sitting there just eating her crackers!  God, I hate her!"

(Learned that not too long ago.  Got to share!)

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Yeah, I did, too.

I thought for sure the chef was a woman.  I know I may be the lone wolf in this thought but I didn't blame the chef for telling them to knock it off.  If I am trying to teach someone something and they are too busy dry humping and kissing they are wasting my time.  Time and place Vuolos!  They looked like 14 year olds that just discovered making out.  

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

I thought for sure the chef was a woman.  I know I may be the lone wolf in this thought but I didn't blame the chef for telling them to knock it off.  If I am trying to teach someone something and they are too busy dry humping and kissing they are wasting my time.  Time and place Vuolos!  They looked like 14 year olds that just discovered making out.  

I don't disagree at all but in fact, Jinger is a 14 year-old who just discovered making out. Babe should know better, though.

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I don't disagree at all but in fact, Jinger is a 14 year-old who just discovered making out. Babe should know better, though.

True!  AND she did learn from the master of dry humping in public.  

• Love 2

I think both Bec and the V's behaved rudely. However I'm sure Bec got paid and while she may take her job very seriously her customers obviously didn't. It'll be interesting if the V's toned it down after her scolding.

5 minutes ago, Brown eyed girl said:

IMG_0834.PNG.f309e3473232fd4da7688b75a4d6d3e0.PNG

Here's the picture of Jinger giving the look to the chef. If looks could kill the chef would be dead. 

Sending them on these stupid expensive honeymoons that no Duggar gives a shit about is such a waste of good travel and an unnecessary goose to atmospheric carbon. And I thought this bitch was supposed to be the meek one.

The damn hotel room will be there for you later, Jinge. And some day you might wish you had something else in your empty rattling head besides "I wanna wanna wanna kissy kissy kissy" because kissy kissy kissy with nutso Jer will have gotten old, for at least one if not both of you. You might appreciate having had a cooking lesson, since it's clear from your family history that you'll never learn to do it on your own.

But of course like all Duggars she listens to nothing but her own impulses. And like all Duggars all her stupid impulses are sex sex sex and PDA PDA PDA. .... Why she must have them constantly and why other people should have no legal right to have them at all, no doubt. Just the way her parents programmed her. 

5 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

OMG, Jinger is wearing a sleeveless top?  I guess, they had no idea how hot in would be in Oz.

I'm surprised she isn't wearing the ridiculous knit hat with that top. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I want to know how she came to wearing a sleeveless shirt on her honeymoon. Did she buy the shirt with the thought she would wear it sleeveless? Had she and Jeremy discussed in advance of their wedding that she would wear heels and show knees and shoulders?

Maybe Jeremy sees nothing wrong with her dressing more mainstream. She's a pretty girl with an attractive figure as well. She's not showing boobs, or midriff, or thigh. It's perfectly modest by most people's  standards, except Duggars, who must always show off how much  more modest they are than everyone else.

If Boob believes The Headship (husband in this instance) gets to decide his wife's appearance, then Jeremy has decided that Jinger deserves new, pretty, properly fitting clothes and undergarments. Besides, a top like that can always be made more modest to suit Boob by simply donning a matching jacket in while, black, or orange.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I want to know how she came to wearing a sleeveless shirt on her honeymoon. Did she buy the shirt with the thought she would wear it sleeveless? Had she and Jeremy discussed in advance of their wedding that she would wear heels and show knees and shoulders?

Actually, I don't know that Jeremy would even notice, given where he's spent the vast majority of his life, the way his mother dresses and his relative non-acquaintance with dipso Jizm Bob and Muskrat Head. She's wearing perfectly normal clothes there -- for somebody who wasn't brought up in Gothardland and the TTH -- and I don't think most men ever notice perfectly normal clothes, do they? 

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Yes, i can't imagine that the topic of "modesty standards" came up during their courtship -- although I would imagine that it is on the checklist that Gothard provides. I can't imagine the scenario where a heavily chaperoned Jinger would ask Jeremy if he though it would be okay for her to wear sleeveless tops, show knee, etc. and that conversation wasn't telegraphed back to JB and J'chelle immediately, with Jinger subsequently saying "of course, I will continue to model these same 'modesty standards,' because that's what I want to do." I also can't imagine them using their brief unchaperoned conversations to cover the topic of "sleeveless shirts."

• Love 2

I was listening to Jeremy on Youtube preaching one of his boring sermons. (background noise while I work)

I THINK he said pants are fine as long as they are modest. 

My bet is that Jinger will wear pants and only be filmed in skirts and wear skirts around her family. 

• Love 4

Shocks me how even these grown ass supposed to be adult and married kids are still totally controlled in such a vile manner. Chuck Vuolo seems to have some good sense about living in the real world, so hopefully he can intervene to make sure his son keeps enough perspective not to get Duggarized. 

After witnessing Boob's atrocious and boorish behavior, I'm sure Chuck and Di know "who" they are dealing with. I would like to see Chuck put Boob in his place.i would pay good money to see that.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Maybe Jeremy sees nothing wrong with her dressing more mainstream. She's a pretty girl with an attractive figure as well. She's not showing boobs, or midriff, or thigh. It's perfectly modest by most people's  standards, except Duggars, who must always show off how much  more modest they are than everyone else.

If Boob believes The Headship (husband in this instance) gets to decide his wife's appearance, then Jeremy has decided that Jinger deserves new, pretty, properly fitting clothes and undergarments. Besides, a top like that can always be made more modest to suit Boob by simply donning a matching jacket in while, black, or orange.

Yeah, those armholes look like they're cut pretty high too.  I bet there's no danger of her flashing bra (which, I point out, before "underwear-as-outerwear" as popularized by Madonna in the 80s, everyone would've thought a glimpse of bra strap or cup was warn-your-fellow-woman-worthy behavior.  My elderly great-aunt, fairly worldly and a bit of a fashionista, still remembers the moment she pointed out to a young lady on a plane that her bra strap was showing, and the woman gave her a look of chilly death).

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Wonder if Jim Bob was jealous that Chuck was conducting the wedding and he wasn't that important, other than having 19 kids. 

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who wondered what a blow that was to Boob's ego. Chuck is a real ordained minister with an actual church, whereas Bin and Derick are wannabes.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Wonder if Jim Bob was jealous that Chuck was conducting the wedding and he wasn't that important, other than having 19 kids. 

Oh, I'm sure he was.  Plus JB wasn't allowed to tell Jeremy it was OK for him to kiss the bride.  That really had to irk him since that seems to be a big thing in their Fundy circle & one more thing for him to have control over.

22 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Aside from the "don't mess with me or I'll cut you" face, Jinger looks really cute in that screen shot.

I agree. It's nice to see her wearing a bright color as opposed to the drab colors the girls seem to favor.  I guess we'll get to see more of her outfit tonite incl what shoes she was wearing.   We have to be thankful she wasn't wearing a modesty t-shirt under it.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Let's not rush to praise Jeremy; he is becoming more smarmy and fake each episode. I hope he turns out to be the real deal and not another dud, but it's going to take some time for his real intentions to be revealed.

Totally agree.

I think Jeremy is unstable. He gives off this nutso vibe. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Totally agree.

I think Jeremy is unstable. He gives off this nutso vibe. 

Let's cross our fingers that he's just trying to hold it all in and keep from choking a random Howler. Now if he wants to double death drop JImBob or Josh, or even Josiah, I'd kinda pay to watch that. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who wondered what a blow that was to Boob's ego. Chuck is a real ordained minister with an actual church, whereas Bin and Derick are wannabes.

I've been wondering about this and hope someone here will know and provide some info. I'm assuming Chuck is ordained from some source but do we know that for sure and that really leads to my questioning of Jeremy. He went to school and I assume graduated with some sort of a non-ministerial degree. He didn't seem to use it and played soccer for a few years. Did he really have enough time to go back to school and become degreed, trained and ordained or did Dad's church just plant him?

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I've been wondering about this and hope someone here will know and provide some info. I'm assuming Chuck is ordained from some source but do we know that for sure and that really leads to my questioning of Jeremy. He went to school and I assume graduated with some sort of a non-ministerial degree. He didn't seem to use it and played soccer for a few years. Did he really have enough time to go back to school and become degreed, trained and ordained or did Dad's church just plant him?

I don't know the answer and I don't know if this video has the answer because I didn't watch, but this is a link to Jeremy's ordination. 

http://illbehonest.com/a-churchs-responsibility-to-their-pastors-chuck-vuolo

31 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I believe Chuck is an actual ordained minister with actual educational training.

My educated guess is that Jeremy is not.  He was "ordained' by another pastor. That is common in more "rogue" churches (for lack of a better word).  They pray over the man, commission him and send him to a church plant.  When the planted church grows, Jeremy will then "commission" another man to go and do a church plant as a pastor. The cycle continues spreading churches out and spreading the gospel.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Did he really have enough time to go back to school and become degreed, trained and ordained or did Dad's church just plant him?

I think the plain answer is neither one.  As said above he was ordained by the original church of the church plant where he is serving.  That is he was ordained by the non-denominational (read no church hierarchy to be in charge/no formal organization and no seminaries) church in San Antonio. 

• Love 3