Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Count me in on hopefully Jinger is wearing a well fitting bra and that has made the difference in her bust line.  I'm sure sharing bras with all her sisters (who cares they are all different sizes, we gotta save money) would mean no one would know what size they really are.  After all Jill still doesn't look like she wears a decent bra.  

• Love 3

Nope. Jill is a frumpy, dumpy, pilly pile of rags with an ill-fitting bra underneath. I'm sure Jinger is the first and only one in that family to get a proper fitting bra.  Hopefully Diana kindly took her aside and took her to a lingerie shop or VS to be properly fitted. I just don't think after all the modesty rules and hang ups, that any female Duggar was even aware such services were available.

Remember the SYTTD epi  where Michelle wouldn't allow any of the dress fitters to measure her or help her into a garment, because modesty?

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

People covers depend on past sales.  Whatever celebrity gets the most sales per issue gets the most future covers.  For some inexplicable reason, Duggar covers apparently sell.

A sad commentary on American culture.

12 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

People covers depend on past sales.  Whatever celebrity gets the most sales per issue gets the most future covers.  For some inexplicable reason, Duggar covers apparently sell.

"Inexplicable' is the word. 

Although I suppose none of us here should say that. ..........I wouldn't pay to see Duggars, though. And I certainly wouldn't pay to read admiring fluff about Duggars. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

VS to be properly fitted.

You don't go to Vicky's if you want to be properly fitted.  Those are sales women not trained bra fitters.  Nordstrom, however, will get you in the right size of a truly good bra.  She looks like she may have gone somewhere that actually does fit bras.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Absolom said:

You don't go to Vicky's if you want to be properly fitted.  Those are sales women not trained bra fitters.  Nordstrom, however, will get you in the right size of a truly good bra.  She looks like she may have gone somewhere that actually does fit bras.

Even JcPenney's and Macy's have bra fitters. I'd love to see the look on Jinger's face when she sees Nordy's price tags. I think she'd be terrified of anywhere that 'fancy.'

It is good though that Jinger doesn't have to share every single piece of clothing anymore. 

I forgot about Michelle refusing to be measured on Say Yes to the Dress. That was weird. Was she afraid she'd be filmed? Vain about having not so perfect measurements - after 19 kids and in her 40s, with poor diet and no exercise, what else is going to happen? I think it was something odder than modesty. When I've been measured for bras, admitting I am younger than Michelle, haven't nursed for the past three decades straight, and try to stay in shape - a woman did the fitting in a private dressing room. Put me in a strapless bandeau type strip of fabric while they measured my ribcage, shoulders, etc., then let me use my hands to cover when the did the cup measuring. Then after that you had a bra of some sort on the whole time. Michelle is weird. It was far less invasive and less hands on than even a breast exam.

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Depends where you live, I guess. My BFF who lives in NC took her very difficult to fit niece to Vicky's and got her a great fit.

• Love 2

My thoughts = 

Jinger is most likely pregnant, and it's not surprising, but still sort of disappointing that they didn't even wait a year. Don't these gothardy people have to say in their vows that they'll let the Lord decide the size of their families AKA no birth control measures whatsoever?

Also, Jeremy is 30. He was in the hunt for a pastor's wife. They say women look for the person and men look for the timing - when they're ready to be married and have kids, that goal is more important than finding the perfect woman. Jinger's stars just happened to align and she flung those pieces of her heart. (Adding = person vs timing is a huge, unscientific generalization, but my point is if Jeremy was ready for The Perfect Pastor's wife and family, he's not going to delay a pregnancy).

Jinger was so scrawny that I do hope she's just gaining a healthy weight and filling out. Lots of grown women do hit an age where either hormones or birth control pills (doubt it) make them grow some curves.

Shes probably just pregnant though. 

• Love 5

I went to "My Intimacy" as featured on the Oprah show.  They are few and far between but I lucked out having one nearby.  they don't touch you.  they don't measure.  they look and assess.  And bring back the perfect sized bras to try on.  I convinced my friend to go and same thing and perfect fitting bras.  Yes, the bras are spendy but if you don't put them in the dryer they last for years.  Good to go back every once in a while to see if size has changed.  I am past child rearing so that doesn't figure into it.  Of course, the breeding J-girls would need to have several options for before, during, nursing and after.  

46 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Depends where you live, I guess. My BFF who lives in NC took her very difficult to fit niece to Vicky's and got her a great fit.

It all depends on the clerk, I guess. I sent my grandmother to a mastectomy shop to be fitted. They've seen it all and don't care how old/young/saggy/big/small you are. 

• Love 2

I noticed in the picture taken in Laredo a few weeks ago that Jeremy looked like he had gained 10-15 lbs since the wedding.  It was most noticeable in his face.  So it's not out of the question that Jinger has gained the same weight if they are eating the same.  But if she's having regular sex with no birth control, she would be pregnant within six months without any fertility issues.

I'd be very surprised if Jeremy made any moves with condoms.  I could maybe see him letting Jinger get birth control if they really wanted to wait 3 or 4 years.  But something tells me they'll at least have one now and maybe put some space between #1 and #2 if they are going to family plan at all.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

She just got lucky.  :)  Vicky's is very well known for telling people lies like if you go up a band size, then the cups will be larger and you'll be fine.  You won't long term.  They only carry a relatively limited range of the most common sizes and their goal is to get you into one of their bras whether it's the proper fit or not. 

• Love 1

Jinger in knee length shorts? Were they going swimming and that's her version of a swimsuit? The hussy!

Yeah. She looks pregnant to me.  Unless she figures "I got him so why diet?".  I'm not surprised. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Absolom said:

She just got lucky.  :)  Vicky's is very well known for telling people lies like if you go up a band size, then the cups will be larger and you'll be fine.  You won't long term.  They only carry a relatively limited range of the most common sizes and their goal is to get you into one of their bras whether it's the proper fit or not. 

I feel like VS bras are 'vanity sized' as well. Like a person who'd be a B cup in better brands (not that VS is cheap $$$, but it is higher quality than Kmart bras), is spilling out of a D cup in VS. 

But, I think it depends on the store, too. Some people are going to take their jobs seriously and be good fitters at VS, and some at dept stores are horrible, and vice versa. Either way, I'm glad Jinger isn't having to scrape from the bargain bins and then share the scraps now.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, saylubee said:

I noticed in the picture taken in Laredo a few weeks ago that Jeremy looked like he had gained 10-15 lbs since the wedding.  It was most noticeable in his face.  So it's not out of the question that Jinger has gained the same weight if they are eating the same.  But if she's having regular sex with no birth control, she would be pregnant within six months without any fertility issues.

I'd be very surprised if Jeremy made any moves with condoms.  I could maybe see him letting Jinger get birth control if they really wanted to wait 3 or 4 years.  But something tells me they'll at least have one now and maybe put some space between #1 and #2 if they are going to family plan at all.

That block of government cheese they bought was huge. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Even JcPenney's and Macy's have bra fitters. I'd love to see the look on Jinger's face when she sees Nordy's price tags. I think she'd be terrified of anywhere that 'fancy.'

It is good though that Jinger doesn't have to share every single piece of clothing anymore. 

I forgot about Michelle refusing to be measured on Say Yes to the Dress. That was weird. Was she afraid she'd be filmed? Vain about having not so perfect measurements - after 19 kids and in her 40s, with poor diet and no exercise, what else is going to happen? I think it was something odder than modesty. When I've been measured for bras, admitting I am younger than Michelle, haven't nursed for the past three decades straight, and try to stay in shape - a woman did the fitting in a private dressing room. Put me in a strapless bandeau type strip of fabric while they measured my ribcage, shoulders, etc., then let me use my hands to cover when the did the cup measuring. Then after that you had a bra of some sort on the whole time. Michelle is weird. It was far less invasive and less hands on than even a breast exam.

The ONLY thing I could think of is that Michelle was afraid of someone "selling" her information to a tabloid.

Michelle is a nut but that is a valid concern. 

I doubt Jinger went for a fitting.  Maybe for the same concerns.  Information can be sold.  

She is tiny and seems to have a very standard shape. She probably went to VS and tried on 10 bras; picked the one that gave her the best boobies! Good for her! 

I have never had a bra fitting.  I prefer to choose my own bras and figure it out for myself.  I am also a very standard size/shape. 

Whatever Jinger did, she looks better. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Marigold said:

The ONLY thing I could think of is that Michelle was afraid of someone "selling" her information to a tabloid.

Michelle is a nut but that is a valid concern. 

I doubt Jinger went for a fitting.  Maybe for the same concerns.  Information can be sold.  

She is tiny and seems to have a very standard shape. She probably went to VS and tried on 10 bras; picked the one that gave her the best boobies! Good for her! 

I have never had a bra fitting.  I prefer to choose my own bras and figure it out for myself.  I am also a very standard size/shape. 

Whatever Jinger did, she looks better. 

I don't know. What info is there to sell? Michelle has big, saggy boobs? That's kind of given. You can see it from any photo of her.

If I were Jinger, I'd call InTouch right now and volunteer that I was a 32A or whatever she looked like, just for some income.

They probably had to take measurements to fit her wedding dress, so those people could've sold it, too.

Jinger absolutely does look better - happier, healthier, etc., now that she's out of Duggarville.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't know. What info is there to sell? Michelle has big, saggy boobs? That's kind of given. You can see it from any photo of her.

If I were Jinger, I'd call InTouch right now and volunteer that I was a 32A or whatever she looked like, just for some income.

They probably had to take measurements to fit her wedding dress, so those people could've sold it, too.

Jinger absolutely does look better - happier, healthier, etc., now that she's out of Duggarville.

Hahaha!  You're hysterical. 

Well, I don't think I'd want all my measurements out there in a Tabloid, even if my boobs are obviously big and saggy!  Maybe she has stretch marks or something that she would prefer to keep private?

If Michelle didn't want to show her knees, she isn't going to show her knobs!  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Hahaha!  You're hysterical. 

Well, I don't think I'd want all my measurements out there in a Tabloid, even if my boobs are obviously big and saggy!  Maybe she has stretch marks or something that she would prefer to keep private?

If Michelle didn't want to show her knees, she isn't going to show her knobs!  

This is true, and I think it's more about her own vanity than it is about modesty.

• Love 5
On 11/15/2016 at 11:51 AM, amitville said:

I think she is preggars because it looks like she has a hospital or clinic band around her wrist above her watch.  I think she expected to become pregnant quickly because no BC and the fact she wouldn't eat the raw fish in Australia.  And because she is a Duggar.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sheshark said:

I think she is preggars because it looks like she has a hospital or clinic band around her wrist above her watch.  I think she expected to become pregnant quickly because no BC and the fact she wouldn't eat the raw fish in Australia.  And because she is a Duggar.

I think it's an attraction admissions band. But I agree with everything else you wrote. Sad!!

Edited by Readalot
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

20 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I feel like VS bras are 'vanity sized' as well. Like a person who'd be a B cup in better brands (not that VS is cheap $$$, but it is higher quality than Kmart bras), is spilling out of a D cup in VS. 

But, I think it depends on the store, too. Some people are going to take their jobs seriously and be good fitters at VS, and some at dept stores are horrible, and vice versa. Either way, I'm glad Jinger isn't having to scrape from the bargain bins and then share the scraps now.

I was on a business trip in Hawaii and went into a VS looking for pajamas.  I was talked into getting fitted and wow, what a difference!  Couldn't believe I had been guessing/purchasing the wrong size all my life.  I think it depends on the store and salesperson. 

• Love 6

I think she's pregnant and with that I fear that they will move back to Arkansas. They are in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment because that's all that Jeremy can afford and Jim Bob will try to bribe them with an all expenses paid house and free sister-nannies. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Lunera said:

I think she's pregnant and with that I fear that they will move back to Arkansas. They are in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment because that's all that Jeremy can afford and Jim Bob will try to bribe them with an all expenses paid house and free sister-nannies. 

Ugh, I can see that happening. Jeremy's apartment looked cluttered for one person, never mind a married couple and a newborn baby. JimBob is totally going to suck them back into the fold. 

• Love 5

There was talk on Free Jinger a few months ago about Jim Bob buying a large house and was having it remodeled.  It looked a lot like it was being converted to a church.  Speculation was that it might be just what JB needed to get Jeremy to move Jinger back home.  Jeremy could move from being an assistant pastor to being in charge, he'd have more than 20 people show up for services, no one would have to learn Spanish, and JB would have another kidult beholding to him and available for filming.

• Love 9

Though the chances are good she might be pregnant, I'm not sure the pic shows a baby bump.  The skirt underneath is lying flat against her and the shirt is hanging away from her body.  I will say though that she definitely has a correctly fitting bra on.  Hopefully she passed the joyful news on to her sisters about what a good bra can do.  Can you imagine Jessa in a decent bra?

It's possible that she's bloated from eating again now that the wedding is over? It's also possible it's the strap of her crossbody bag forcing her stomach to protrude a bit. I'm honestly hoping she's not pregnant. Also her boobs don't look any bigger, just looks like a better fitting bra like most said.

1 hour ago, Ripley68 said:

Can you imagine Jessa in a decent bra?

I'm sorry but Jessa has already lost her figure.  She looks like a rectangle.  If she keeps popping out babies at this pace, without adequate time in between to get back in shape, she'll end up looking just like Michelle - without a waist at all and doomed to be a full-blown frump before she is 30.

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Mollie said:

I'm sorry but Jessa has already lost her figure.  She looks like a rectangle.  If she keeps popping out babies at this pace, without adequate time in between to get back in shape, she'll end up looking just like Michelle - without a waist at all and doomed to be a full-blown frump before she is 30.

And Jill just looks like a big blob.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

And Jill just looks like a big blob.

Luckily for Jill, though, she doesn't seem to care (although who knows, I suppose). But it seems to me that Jessa will care a lot, when it really begins to dawn on her. She has quite a bit invested in her looks. I think Meeechelle did, too, and that the complete collapse of her cute-cheerleader persona was probably one of the many things that drove her round the bend. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
On 3/26/2017 at 9:22 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Nope. Jill is a frumpy, dumpy, pilly pile of rags with an ill-fitting bra underneath. I'm sure Jinger is the first and only one in that family to get a proper fitting bra.  Hopefully Diana kindly took her aside and took her to a lingerie shop or VS to be properly fitted. I just don't think after all the modesty rules and hang ups, that any female Duggar was even aware such services were available.

Remember the SYTTD epi  where Michelle wouldn't allow any of the dress fitters to measure her or help her into a garment, because modesty?

Any chance she's hiding bruises?

Or a big ole tramp stamp??  LOLLLLLLLLLL

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Luckily for Jill, though, she doesn't seem to care (although who knows, I suppose). But it seems to me that Jessa will care a lot, when it really begins to dawn on her. She has quite a bit invested in her looks. I think Meeechelle did, too, and that the complete collapse of her cute-cheerleader persona was probably one of the many things that drove her round the bend. 

So true. Much easier to balance looks and physical image with one kid and one pregnancy, and maybe even two, but after that it gets a little harder without a lot of support and time for yourself. It'll be interesting to see where Jinger falls. Somewhere between Jessa and Jill I'm thinking.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Zahdii said:

There was talk on Free Jinger a few months ago about Jim Bob buying a large house and was having it remodeled.  It looked a lot like it was being converted to a church.  Speculation was that it might be just what JB needed to get Jeremy to move Jinger back home.  Jeremy could move from being an assistant pastor to being in charge, he'd have more than 20 people show up for services, no one would have to learn Spanish, and JB would have another kidult beholding to him and available for filming.

I always thought Jeremy was way too enthusiastic about the cameras (and Jinger, tbh...he's too old and experienced to act that ridiculously over a relationship), so I definitely think this is plausible. I never believed for a second that Jinger and Jeremy would live long term in Laredo. They'll be back in the Duggar fold, completely with income coming from JB, within a year. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I always thought Jeremy was way too enthusiastic about the cameras (and Jinger, tbh...he's too old and experienced to act that ridiculously over a relationship), so I definitely think this is plausible. I never believed for a second that Jinger and Jeremy would live long term in Laredo. They'll be back in the Duggar fold, completely with income coming from JB, within a year. 

This is what I've thought all along, too. Still, I've also all along hoped that it wouldn't turn out to be true. Just another day thinking about the Duggars.

Wish I felt about all of them the way I feel about Jim Bob. Then I would never wish any of them anything but ill. ;  )

• Love 3
On 3/26/2017 at 10:29 AM, Anonymousie said:

It all depends on the clerk, I guess. I sent my grandmother to a mastectomy shop to be fitted. They've seen it all and don't care how old/young/saggy/big/small you are. 

Nordstrom also offers this service. It's where I go, and they manage to make you feel like you're just having a normal lingerie shopping trip. They can even turn "normal" bras into mastectomy ones. It is fab. 

• Love 2
On 3/25/2017 at 3:12 PM, Mollie said:

I think she made herself "joyfully available."

Pregnant shmegnant.  We all knew it was going to happen sooner than later.  What I am struck by, again I was a hairdresser so its all about the hair, is how thin her hair looks.  It looks unhealthily thin.  Wonder why?  It didn't always look so thin did it?

On 3/26/2017 at 5:40 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Never underestimate the power of a properly fitted bra.

Sing it sister!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Pregnant shmegnant.  We all knew it was going to happen sooner than later.  What I am struck by, again I was a hairdresser so its all about the hair, is how thin her hair looks.  It looks unhealthily thin.  Wonder why?  It didn't always look so thin did it?

Sing it sister!

I'm thinking Jinger has coarse hair and has always been trying to style it like Jessa. Now she seems to be going for a straight look and it always looks gunked up, especially around her face and part. I'm not a hair dresser but I assume product for Jinger's hair should not be the same as her sisters, yet I bet it's what she uses.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

It did, imo. First it was permed to hell and back, and then she stopped perming but the heat styling did her in. It's never looked good.  I think that's the reason she's the only Duggar daughter so far to wear her hair up for her wedding--it's so thin and fried that there's no way it could look "good" (I hate all the Duggar loose wedding hair) if worn down. She needs to start over with a bob and regular protein and moisture treatments. 

• Love 4

I don't think Jessa's all that good looking. Jinger could be really pretty if she dressed properly. Including a bra. Apparently 70% of all women wear the wrong sized one.

I hope she's not pregnant. I hope...........she does look a lot happier and relaxed, so perhaps she is just actually eating for a change. One can hope......

• Love 6
On 3/29/2017 at 10:48 PM, BitterApple said:

Family road trip? Doesn't Jeremy have a job? I get that pastoring to ten people isn't really all that demanding, but you'd think there'd be some level of expectation and accountability.

So, Jeremy took off at least two weeks for the wedding and Australian honeymoon in November, a week off in December to visit his family in New Jersey and now a week off in March to vacation with the Duggars in Ohio.  I guess Paster Jeremy thinks God only called him to be a part-time minister and a full-time reality TV star.  And to think how many people actually thought he was a dedicated pastor.

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 18
On 3/26/2017 at 8:40 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Never underestimate the power of a properly fitted bra.

Heck yeah. People often guess my weight much lower than it really is just because of a bra that fits and decent posture.

• Love 1

I know this is silly, but damn Jeremy looks like a skinny Rob Kardashian in that picture. It looks like he must also zip his jacket as high as he buttons his shirts.  I remember when there was a lot of speculation about Derick leaving his job to literally join the circus. Sad to say Mr. I'm nowhere near qualified to be a pastor, but play one to get on TV is going in that direction. How sad to choose to grift when they are so fortunate to have decent post secondary educations.  

• Love 10
Just now, SMama said:

I know this is silly, but damn Jeremy looks like a skinny Rob Kardashian in that picture. It looks like he must also zip his jacket as high as he buttons his shirts.  I remember when there was a lot of speculation about Derick leaving his job to literally join the circus. Sad to say Mr. I'm nowhere near qualified to be a pastor, but play one to get on TV is going in that direction. How sad to choose to grift when they are so fortunate to have decent post secondary educations.  

Skinny Rob Kardashian is what I thought too. 

• Love 1