Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Jessa’s hair is long but it looks styled for a casual day hanging out. 

Jenni still looks so unhappy. There’s nothing wrong with her dress per se, but it doesn’t fit, and she’s the only one not wearing sunglasses. (That’s probably why she’s squinting so). Was she given any pocket money to buy some? 

Styled? All I see is a long mop that she insisted on pushing in front of her shoulders. She must have been hot as hell.

5 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Jenni's dress isn't terrible, but it doesn't seem appropriate for the occasion.  And I hate those awful sandals of hers, which do not belong with that dress.

All of their sandals are butt ugly.

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t wear shorts, and I prefer dresses on super hot days, but that one 1. Doesn’t fit, 2. Is more of “day time event” type dress. But if Jenni chose it and liked it, adolescence is the time to try out a bunch of different styles. 

I prefer dresses in hot weather, too. Or short skirts or skorts. You get a breeze! 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Styled? All I see is a long mop that she insisted on pushing in front of her shoulders. She must have been hot as hell.

Her waves look somewhat uniform so I assumed she blow-dried it and put some product through it. Her part also looks purposeful and she pinned some behind her ear (I could be totally wrong- I am not super familiar with her type of hair texture)

It’s also pretty even looking so she must get it trimmed. 

Jinger is the only one with her hair up which I do find unusual, but the Duggar women wear their hair down A LOT the complete opposite of what I’m used to for adult women. But I think their hair style fits their outfit and what they were doing that day. 

• Love 4

I didn't think he was too bad to listen to.  He seems to have a good speaking voice, and his "message" seemed well organized.  He did not seem to "wander around", and stayed on point, unlike many Baptist preachers I have heard.  He could have been much worse.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jeremy speaks about Josh:

He’s saying whatever he thinks a particular audience wants to hear, imo. His comments during the deposition were quite different from what he’s said on SM.

8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

To defend the guilty is un-Christian; it is anti-God."

LOL! Because they never defend public figures, friends, fellow congregants, coworkers, etc who are guilty, right?  And when/if they don’t defend them publicly, they rarely denounce them by name either. As long as those people have the same hateful beliefs and agendas, of course.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

He’s saying whatever he thinks a particular audience wants to hear, imo. His comments during the deposition were quite different from what he’s said on SM.

IMO, Jeremy doesn't "believe" anything. I think that's why he's attracted to MacArthur, and why MacArthur likes him -- he's an empty slate. I absolutely agree that he's saying what he thinks someone wants to hear -- in this case MacArthur, or one of his teachers. "Forgiveness" isn't a "Get Out of Jail Free" card, and Josh deserved to be prosecuted and jailed, but can still repent and be forgiven by God.

I think that's it's probably a mistake in terms of his relationship to JB and the TTH to release something like this, but maybe that's the direction he's going. Maybe the visiting crew from the TTH spent a lot of time talking about Josh and forgiveness, and this is his response?

• Like 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

IMO, Jeremy doesn't "believe" anything. I think that's why he's attracted to MacArthur, and why MacArthur likes him -- he's an empty slate. I absolutely agree that he's saying what he thinks someone wants to hear -- in this case MacArthur, or one of his teachers. "Forgiveness" isn't a "Get Out of Jail Free" card, and Josh deserved to be prosecuted and jailed, but can still repent and be forgiven by God.

I think that's it's probably a mistake in terms of his relationship to JB and the TTH to release something like this, but maybe that's the direction he's going. Maybe the visiting crew from the TTH spent a lot of time talking about Josh and forgiveness, and this is his response?

Whatever Jeremy's sincerity level in saying all that, the idea of JB's head exploding when he hears it, brings me joy. 

I think Jeremy knows he's straining his relationship with his in-laws at the TTH with that statement, if not blowing them up.

Therefore, I also think he has something very specific to gain by doing it. Maybe TPTB at the seminary want to see him explicitly put some distance between himself and the Josh mess. Maybe whatever the Vuolos are doing that involved him and/or Jinge being video'd, that he posted on SM, is the reason. 

He has to know that all news stories about any Duggar or adjacent for the foreseeable future, however innocuous or even positive, will drag in a reference to the Felon's conviction and sentence. Because, clicks and views. I hope he doesn't expect they will cut him any special slack about that, and he's just making a statement for the record of where he stands on the matter. 

• Like 1
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

LOL! Because they never defend public figures, friends, fellow congregants, coworkers, etc who are guilty, right?  And when/if they don’t defend them publicly, they rarely denounce them by name either. As long as those people have the same hateful beliefs and agendas, of course.

What did Jeremy say in the deposition? I have absolutely no recollection. 

• LOL 1

I don't think Jeremy ever gave a damn about the Duggars and remained nice for TV. But now that the TV show is gone and the family's reputation is in the gutter, he knows he has to cut ties with them publicly to save his own ass.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

His lecture (the parts shared here/Redditt) sounds very similar to the public statement Jer and Jin put out after the verdict.

I watched about half of it before I noped out. He made it all about WWJD. The best part, IMO, was when he said that the guilty should beg for punishment. That made me snicker as I thought of Anna continuing to make excuses. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Whatever Jeremy's sincerity level in saying all that, the idea of JB's head exploding when he hears it, brings me joy. 

I think Jeremy knows he's straining his relationship with his in-laws at the TTH with that statement, if not blowing them up.

Therefore, I also think he has something very specific to gain by doing it. Maybe TPTB at the seminary want to see him explicitly put some distance between himself and the Josh mess. Maybe whatever the Vuolos are doing that involved him and/or Jinge being video'd, that he posted on SM, is the reason. 

He has to know that all news stories about any Duggar or adjacent for the foreseeable future, however innocuous or even positive, will drag in a reference to the Felon's conviction and sentence. Because, clicks and views. I hope he doesn't expect they will cut him any special slack about that, and he's just making a statement for the record of where he stands on the matter. 

Do you think JB uses SM, though? Would someone else see it and tell him? 

2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Sure, Jan

Those poor kids are already brainwashed before they can speak clearly. 😢

• Sad 8
23 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Do you think JB uses SM, though? Would someone else see it and tell him? 

3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

He probably does and I am sure Jana, Anna or one of the older lost girls consistently scour everyone's social media and would report it to him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What did Jeremy say in the deposition? I have absolutely no recollection. 

2 hours ago, LilJen said:

Ditto. I don't remember at all what he said.

The most damning thing I saw, though granted I only ever saw summaries and not his exact words on this were that he did not think Josh was a predator, and if predators were in his neighborhood, he wouldn't want to know.

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

The most damning thing I saw, though granted I only ever saw summaries and not his exact words on this were that he did not think Josh was a predator, and if predators were in his neighborhood, he wouldn't want to know.

Okay, I remember that now that you mentioned it. How times have changed since he's coming at this from a different angle now. 

• Love 4
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

Okay, I remember that now that you mentioned it. How times have changed since he's coming at this from a different angle now. 

Yeah even if we give him the benefit of the doubt in that he didn't realize the full extent of Josh's crimes before the trial and sincerely didn't believe he was a predator at the time, I think it is pretty despicable of a father of small children to not want to know if predators are in his neighborhood. 

• Like 1
  • Love 17
(edited)

Regardless of his motivation, I think Jeremy's video made several good points especially for those who support Josh.  One major point was that Josh could not be forgiven if he never accepts  responsibility and confesses as well as accepting his punishment. Also his point about those supporting Josh are harming christianity/Jesus by their hypocrisy. Not sure about his deposition but Jinger made it clear in hers she would not trust Josh near her children, it was clear she was not a fan.

Not sure why he put this out now but I am glad he did. The fact that it is a godly FU   to Josh and JB, I am ok with that.  I am also curious at the timing since his in-laws were in town recently, including Jessa, JB super supporter. They have had several Duggar visitors this year. 

Edited by auntieminem
fix an oops
  • Like 2
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Regardless of his motivation, I think Jeremy's video made several good points especially for those who support Josh.  One major point was that Josh could not be forgiven if he never accepts  responsibility and confesses as well as accepting his punishment. Also his point about those supporting Josh are harming christianity/Jesus by their hypocrisy. Not sure about his deposition but Jinger made it clear in hers she would not trust Josh near her children, it was clear she was not a fan.

Not sure why he put this out now but I am I am glad he did. The fact that it is a godly FU   to Josh and JB, I am ok with that.  I am also curious at the timing since his in-laws were in town recently, including Jessa, JB super supporter. They have had several Duggar visitors this year. 

Maybe he is looking to call a halt to future visits?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Not sure why he put this out now but I am I am glad he did. 

He & Jinger have a CHILDREN'S book coming out in 2 months. 

This is the most direct, proactive and unequivocal way of communicating to the book-buying parents exactly how they feel now to threats against children.  Nobody gets a free pass, even family. 

I think it was smart.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Zella said:

Putting out a statement only because you have a book coming out and you're worried about sales is hardly a moral high ground. 

Yep. I posted upthread my opinion that there must be some specific gain for Jeremy, in order for him to make that statement. Even if he doesn't much care for his wife's parents, I doubt he'd toss a bomb like that unless there was something in it for Jeremy besides creating a rift with JB and Meech (and Anna and whoever else is still a Josh apologist). 

The upcoming book fills that bill. He can't control the public narrative but the statement at least gets him off the wrong side of the street on the Josh situation.

• Applause 3
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Yep. I posted upthread my opinion that there must be some specific gain for Jeremy, in order for him to make that statement. Even if he doesn't much care for his wife's parents, I doubt he'd toss a bomb like that unless there was something in it for Jeremy besides creating a rift with JB and Meech (and Anna and whoever else is still a Josh apologist). 

The upcoming book fills that bill. He can't control the public narrative but the statement at least gets him off the wrong side of the street on the Josh situation.

Yeah if shit weasel was in the dictionary, they wouldn't have to have a definition. Just Jeremy's picture. I've long thought he has this weird compulsive desire to be liked, and I think that drives a lot of his actions. He is just never very quite consistent on who he wants to like him, but I think it accounts for how wishy-washy he is and the fact that he has no apparently backbone or integrity. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11

I don't think Jeremy took a big risk here - from what I know about his sermon(?), he used basically the same language in their statement after Josh was convicted. JB, M and Anna would already know his/their thoughts on it all.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah even if we give him the benefit of the doubt in that he didn't realize the full extent of Josh's crimes before the trial and sincerely didn't believe he was a predator at the time, I think it is pretty despicable of a father of small children to not want to know if predators are in his neighborhood. 

Wasn’t the deposition fairly recent? Jeremy knew all about Josh by that time.

7 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

He & Jinger have a CHILDREN'S book coming out in 2 months. 

This is the most direct, proactive and unequivocal way of communicating to the book-buying parents exactly how they feel now to threats against children.  Nobody gets a free pass, even family. 

I think it was smart.  

Yet he wouldn’t care to know if predators lived in his neighborhood. THAT needs to come out.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Wasn’t the deposition fairly recent? Jeremy knew all about Josh by that time.

Yet he wouldn’t care to know if predators lived in his neighborhood. THAT needs to come out.

The depositions were apparently from before the trial. Spring to fall 2021. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 6/21/2022 at 4:31 PM, FizzyPuff said:

In the video where they’re all playing some card game I noticed that Ben wasn’t sitting next to Jessa.I know that’s not unusual but only Jana was in between them, so they could’ve sat together if they wanted to. 

The Duggars and their kind all stick together.

Pocket money? Haha I can just imagine JB telling Jenny if she wants anything ask her sisters.

There was a video of Jenny in the line for the rollercoaster, so I don’t think she was just there to watch the kids.
2A981961-E946-48F7-B243-F8C75DEDAC28.thumb.jpeg.41b92c91dc355021af682bdd5c942dd4.jpeg
9D979F30-1AEC-4B7A-BB0F-98AF78902338.thumb.jpeg.7da39121dd258bf8bdbd9ed508a6bd7f.jpeg

So not sitting next to the person you're married to while with family is an indication of trouble?? 

When hanging out with my family, the only couples who make a point of sitting together are the newly dating ones, usually if the new person is still not used to the family. Otherwise, we tend to sit next to people we don't live with, if we think about it at all. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

So not sitting next to the person you're married to while with family is an indication of trouble?? 

When hanging out with my family, the only couples who make a point of sitting together are the newly dating ones, usually if the new person is still not used to the family. Otherwise, we tend to sit next to people we don't live with, if we think about it at all. 

I think that's true of normal people, but not Duggars. Remember Jill wanting to sit on the same side of the booth as Derick even though it was only the two of them out for dinner?

They believe that marriage means being literally and figuratively join at the hip 24/7. I don't think that most people would thrive in the kind of smothering marriages they talk about, but that's the expectation.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that's true of normal people, but not Duggars. Remember Jill wanting to sit on the same side of the booth as Derick even though it was only the two of them out for dinner?

They believe that marriage means being literally and figuratively join at the hip 24/7. I don't think that most people would thrive in the kind of smothering marriages they talk about, but that's the expectation.

I can’t remember - do Jessa and Ben usually sit on the same side, even when it’s just the two of them? Jill and Derick were the first couple I thought of. I need my alone time, so being joined at the hip would drive me crazy. I feel sorry for any Duggar child who values their privacy and “me” time because surely they don’t get any.

• Sad 11
On 6/22/2022 at 5:07 PM, riverblue22 said:

Jeremy's public speaking has improved a lot, IMO~

At least his years in school haven't been a complete waste. 😎

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

That hairline!

What hairline? His ran away 🤣

I think he looks better now than before with his greasy/long locks. 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 6/22/2022 at 1:29 PM, crazy8s said:

from a reddit person some quotes

"To defend the guilty is un-Christian; it is anti-God."

"This is not a hard case--the evidence: overwhelming."

"My brother-in-law will one day have to stand before Jesus Christ and give an account for his actions and I fear for him."

"Josh can be forgiven, but that in no way erases the demand for his crimes to be punished. Forgiveness never means that temporal consequences disappear. The person who has truly repented of their sins will willingly embrace any temporal consequences."

"Genuine repentance for a man like Josh Duggar, for anyone, would be very obvious to everyone."

[calls Larry Nasser the US gymnastics team's "physio" to remind everyone of his past as an athlete]

"True repentance will embrace all justice, knowing that what [Josh] truly deserves is the eternal punishment of God."

"True repentance is not concerned with reputation, damage control, or getting off the hook."

"The Gospel does not produce hypocrisy and hiding sin..."

"Josh Duggar is not a representative of Jesus, though, sadly, many have said he is."

The first quote should hit Anna square between the eyes! 🎯

• Mind Blown 3