Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 5/11/2022 at 4:50 PM, Gemma Violet said:

In the recently released transcript of the sisters' lawsuit, Jinger was asked how much she made last year (not Jeremy, just her) and what was it from.  She responded that last year she made more than $100,000 but less than $200,000 and most of it was from her social media accounts.  

What about the other sisters? Did the transcript give their answers to this question?

49 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

What about the other sisters? Did the transcript give their answers to this question?

They may have but I haven't seen it.  But I've only read a tiny percentage of the humongous transcript.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

2117FBD8-34A1-4608-B9CD-F346B1C894C4.jpeg

What is Jinger wearing? It’s hideous! 

Why is Gabby wearing the lacy robe thing?  To a fair?  Is PAC not allowing her to show her legs?

Aunt Cade is still as punchable as ever.  So is JereME, Mr. Homeboy.  Yuck.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Ew, Cade, with his sweaty paw on Gabby's pristine white dress like she's his personal property.  I hate that Fundie way of posing.

I am no body language expert but Gabby's smile seems forced and she seems to be leaning away from Cade, while his smile doesn't reach his eyes and makes him seem as though he's not as happy as he would have us think that his wife is the star and he has been relegated to the background with his stupid hair.

At least he'll always have Jeremy, the spouse of the TLC breakout star Jinger Duggar Vuolo.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why is Gabby wearing the lacy robe thing?  To a fair?  Is PAC not allowing her to show her legs?

reminds me of swim week!

image.png.5d5cd149dc9d89cbeba84fbf711e634d.png

• LOL 10
(edited)
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I wore her outfit in 1990 when I backpacked through Europe. 🤣 Cut up my jeans myself. I wonder if she did?

12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I’m looking RAD? Right homies? I’m a young, hip, beloved break out star from counting on! 
30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by PeacockTV

4FB083C2-8924-467F-BA00-F59A6871DAC3.jpeg

How much he payin’ you to hype him like dis?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 14
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Maybe she’s wearing the robe because she’s pregnant? Seems a bit early for that but who knows. Cade’s making sure to keep her pregnant and in her place as much as possible. 

3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I took it she was one of the performers at the fair, and that's her stage outfit. Aunt Cade has on the same outfit as the picture with the guitar.
And yes, yuck to the keep-a-grip-on-mah-property pose

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I took it as a duster, one of those "fashion" items that are inexplicable to me.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Gabby Barrett announced her second pregnancy on Mother’s Day.   Very typical hard line fundies.

Did she announce it too, I only saw his announcement where he once again neglected to use her name.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Did she announce it too, I only saw his announcement where he once again neglected to use her name.

Yes, you are correct he announced it as a good headship would.  Sigh

22 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I love Gabby’s music.  Fundie?  Never heard that.  Here’s one of her bigger hits. It’s not one of my favorites.  

I can understand about half the words. The music seems louder than her voice and she sounds muffled but lately I have been listening to acapella so that may have something to do with my problem. Although that is one reason I do not like hard rock or opera the music overwhelms the singers.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

He actually had that guitar when he started Idol.  He barely knew Gabby then, much less got guitar gifts from her.  

Here he is with it over 2 years before Idol.  

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=615872418551087&set=pb.100044602052402.-2207520000..

Well, good for him. But he's still riding Gabby's coattails. He should be home doing the housework, cooking, and child care. I can't believe Gabby doesn't have help. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
47 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I love Gabby’s music.  Fundie?  Never heard that.  Here’s one of her bigger hits. It’s not one of my favorites.  

She was a “mentor” on American Idol a few weeks ago (my mom watches it). The contestants she mentored seemed to like her, but I kept wondering what they would think if they knew how hateful and bigoted she is. Some contestants are gay and belong to other groups her cult wants to marginalize..

2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, good for him. But he's still riding Gabby's coattails. He should be home doing the housework, cooking, and child care. I can't believe Gabby doesn't have help. 

Yep, she may not have paid for that guitar, but it’s more than likely that she pays for the bulk of their household expenses, while also being expected to be the primary caregiver of their child. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

He has that possessive jimbob wifey arm grip down pat 🙄 I’m glad she’s not bleaching her hair anymore!

• Love 4

Here's the petition we were discussing in the other thread. Jeremy wasn't just a signer but one of the initial signers. 

I think one of the issues with Jeremy is a lot of people have in the past tried to hand-wave away his affiliation with MacArthur as "Oh he doesn't really believe those things--he's just leeching off the old man." And I find that problematic because to me all evidence suggests that Jeremy really does believe the most hateful things that MacArthur teaches. He keeps quiet about it because he doesn't want to lose business deals, but I don't think that doesn't mean he isn't really okay with these bigoted ideas being used to dismantle other people's freedoms or rights. The petition itself, per its own stated goal, is about counteracting "dangerous" ideas in churches and society. 

He just doesn't want to own up to it because it will inconvenience him. He may not be as dangerous as a more outspoken person, but I think that still makes him pretty spineless and despicable. 

https://statementonsocialjustice.com/

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Here's the petition we were discussing in the other thread. Jeremy wasn't just a signer but one of the initial signers. 

I think one of the issues with Jeremy is a lot of people have in the past tried to hand-wave away his affiliation with MacArthur as "Oh he doesn't really believe those things--he's just leeching off the old man." And I find that problematic because to me all evidence suggests that Jeremy really does believe the most hateful things that MacArthur teaches. He keeps quiet about it because he doesn't want to lose business deals, but I don't think that doesn't mean he isn't really okay with these bigoted ideas being used to dismantle other people's freedoms or rights. The petition itself, per its own stated goal, is about counteracting "dangerous" ideas in churches and society. 

He just doesn't want to own up to it because it will inconvenience him. He may not be as dangerous as a more outspoken person, but I think that still makes him pretty spineless and despicable. 

https://statementonsocialjustice.com/

Okay, yes I remember this. To me it reinforces what they all believe. I thought they were out and about in the community trying to interfere with others' rights.

They can sign whatever they want and preach whatever they want as long as its amongst themselves. I disagree with what a lot of mainstream churches believe and teach too. I just can't drum up a lot of hate for what folks do in the privacy of their home or their house of worship. To each their own.

Start spewing, spouting and hating publicly, then I have a problem.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay, yes I remember this. To me it reinforces what they all believe. I thought they were out and about in the community trying to interfere with others' rights.

They can sign whatever they want and preach whatever they want as long as its amongst themselves. I disagree with what a lot of mainstream churches believe and teach too. I just can't drum up a lot of hate for what folks do in the privacy of their home or their house of worship. To each their own.

Start spewing, spouting and hating publicly, then I have a problem.

I can understand that. My biggest issue is the narrative that seems to have died down fortunately that Jeremy is somehow just going along to get along and get freebies and in no way believes anything of the sort. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

I can understand that. My biggest issue is the narrative that seems to have died down fortunately that Jeremy is somehow just going along to get along and get freebies and in no way believes anything of the sort. 

I think I gave Jeremy the benefit of the doubt initially, but I do believe he believes what he signed. How that looks in his day to day life or marriage though, is a mystery to me.

• Love 2
(edited)

What interested me from the deposition was Jeremy saying he made "nothing" in 2020. I thought he worked in Mac Daddy''s inner sanctum doing lord knows what after class. That was all voluntary?

So he's saying to that they lived off of Jinger's SM earnings until the book came out last year? What about the podcast? Their sad hats and mugs? And most glaring was the proof that they weren't compensated for their appearances on CO. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What interested me from the deposition was Jeremy saying he made "nothing" in 2020. I thought he worked in Mac Daddy''s inner sanctum doing lord knows what after class. 

So he's saying to that they lived off of Jinger's SM earnings until the book came out last year? What about the podcast? Their sad hats and mugs? And most glaring was the proof that they weren't compensated for their appearances on CO. 

He seems pretty cagey about it. LOL

At one point, he says his preaching is volunteer, but then he says this magnificence of vagueness: “Since moving to California, because I've taken on a different role with, you know, where I'm not pastoring full time - an assistant job isn't like, you know, great pay or whatever."

I can't tell if he's insinuating he has some sort of stipend that is much less than he made in Texas or if he's just blabbering and literally makes no money.

He then says that they make very little from the show, about $2-3,000 per episode. He makes a weird comparison to working for McDonald's in relation to it that I really don't understand. 

But yes reading between the lines, it does seem like Jinger is the one who brings home the bacon. Or the majority of the bacon. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What interested me from the deposition was Jeremy saying he made "nothing" in 2020. I thought he worked in Mac Daddy''s inner sanctum doing lord knows what after class. 

I can't find the article - I thought Jeremy said they were paid from the show.

I wonder if Jeremy's work at the school goes toward his tuition.

1 minute ago, Zella said:

At one point, he says his preaching is volunteer, but then he says this magnificence of vagueness: “Since moving to California, because I've taken on a different role with, you know, where I'm not pastoring full time - an assistant job isn't like, you know, great pay or whatever."

I can't tell if he's insinuating he has some sort of stipend that is much less than he made in Texas or if he's just blabbering and literally makes no money.

He then says that they make very little from the show, about $2-3,000 per episode. He makes a weird comparison to working for McDonald's in relation to it that I really don't understand. 

But yes reading between the lines, it does seem like Jinger is the one who brings home the bacon. Or the majority of the bacon. 

Yes! He sounded very embarrassed not to be the bread winner.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Oh, I missed the part where he says they were compensated for CO. But since they weren't on every episode, and they were making far fewer episodes by 2020, that wasn't much money.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 4
(edited)

For reference, here's the article. I wish I could find the actual depositions and not rely on The Sun, that paragon of journalistic virtue. LOL

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/18599926/jill-jessa-jinger-joy-anna-duggar-salaries-revealed/

3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Jeremy's work at the school goes toward his tuition.

That's certainly possible! When I had my assistantship, my tuition was completely covered, and I got a small stipend that I was able to live on in genteel poverty. LOL Though I was supporting only moi and an elderly Chihuahua, not a family of 4. But it's possible that the seminary isn't super generous, especially if he's already getting a free place to stay as well. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Whoever was doing the questioning was leading them every step of the way. Can't their lawyers object to that?

I defer to any of our lawyers on this, of course, but my understanding is that's okay in a deposition, and they're a little more no-holds barred than what is usually seen in court. I'm really wondering how well any of the daughters were prepped for what to expect in a deposition and if they also realized that their testimony there would become public record eventually. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

While looking for the Sun article about finances, I found this

Jinger Duggar’s parents Jim Bob & Michelle CONFRONTED her about sexy new style, husband Jeremy claims in court testimony

Reminds me of the song, "I'm Too Sexy."

Is this why Jinger was crying when talking to Michelle about wearing pants? Then Michelle lied through her teeth when she said she didn’t mind. Just another fundie lying for sport. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
52 minutes ago, SMama said:

Is this why Jinger was crying when talking to Michelle about wearing pants? Then Michelle lied through her teeth when she said she didn’t mind. Just another fundie lying for sport. 

Despite what he's previously said, Boob doesn't willingly surrender his headship over his daughters.

• Love 11

Going back to Jeremy's comment on TLC pay - $1000 per episode being the same pay as McDonald's would mean he's saying they filmed about 80 hours for one episode. I hardly doubt it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

It takes many, many hours of "work" to get 42 minutes (one hour) of TV.  Fictional shows work an average of 8 12 to 16 hour days and longer to get each episode.  Even reality shows can involve multiple takes plus there is all the set up and take down.  They may not be in front of the camera the whole time, but they must be present.  There is also hair and make up and clothing selection.  Either they have to do it or someone comes in to do it or assist plus transportation time to the whatever they're filming.  It isn't like the crew shows up at 9 AM and immediately begins filming whatever you were normally going to do that day and at 5 PM they depart.  It's planned out, set up, reviewed, and yes even scripted.  The reality shows employ writers who provide if not exact dialog scene pages to be followed.  I remember one of Honey Boo Boo's complaints being having to memorize and yell the suggested "cute expressions" the writers came up with for her.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

It takes many, many hours of "work" to get 42 minutes (one hour) of TV.  Fictional shows work an average of 8 12 to 16 hour days and longer to get each episode.  Even reality shows can involve multiple takes plus there is all the set up and take down.  They may not be in front of the camera the whole time, but they must be present.  There is also hair and make up and clothing selection.  Either they have to do it or someone comes in to do it or assist plus transportation time to the whatever they're filming.  It isn't like the crew shows up at 9 AM and immediately begins filming whatever you were normally going to do that day and at 5 PM they depart.  It's planned out, set up, reviewed, and yes even scripted.  The reality shows employ writers who provide if not exact dialog scene pages to be followed.  I remember one of Honey Boo Boo's complaints being having to memorize and yell the suggested "cute expressions" the writers came up with for her.  

For sure. I remember when Michelle said they filmed three days a week to get an episode for 19 Kids. And I'm sure when they were filming only the Vuolos (due to location), they followed them around quite a bit, but the episodes very rarely had only one storyline, so I'm still calling bullshit on the Vuolos filming for 80 hours for an episode.

• Love 8