Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

"If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit."  I don't know who came up with that sayin

I think it was W.C. Fields.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Who would have thought being a (mostly) useless suckup could pay so handsomely?

"If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit."  I don't know who came up with that saying, but oily bohunk Jer seems to fit that description in many ways.

Fits Jilldo too. That needs to be on their headstone! 

• LOL 8

Have any of you seen the video of Jinger, I assume from Instagram, making what looks like the world's blandest pasta and stirring the noodles with the spatula she'd just been using on the raw meat? I'm adding this to my proof that Jinger never actually cooks, hence she looks inept as all hell when she actually does. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, she said she was making rigatoni. At one point, she was working two spatulas at once. 🙄

I couldn't bear to watch in its entirety or turn on the sound. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I couldn't bear to watch in its entirety or turn on the sound. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It wasn't that long! I didn't realize there was sound at first, as I usually have IG muted. But I saw her mouth moving and took one for the team. Kids could be heard in the background. 

• Useful 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Who would have thought being a (mostly) useless suckup could pay so handsomely?

"If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit."  I don't know who came up with that saying, but oily bohunk Jer seems to fit that description in many ways.

This is a perfect description of Jeremy, and a perfect use of a timeless phrase. :)

34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Pasta and ground hamburger!  I wonder why no one has thought of this before.

One of the comments: "We had meat sauce last night too!  But with spaghetti!"  LOLZ

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 12
(edited)

Jinger is back pretending she is an avid cook.  She took a page from her mother and is wearing an apron. Now that makes it a gourmet meal. Just like JB boasted about the four oldest being able to “whip a gourmet meal from items in the pantry (😂).” Rigatoni with ground beef, and no sauce, salad, or garlic bread to be seen. I admit being BEC but their cos play gets old.  

PS. I wrote this yesterday but it didn’t post. 

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I'm one of the few who think Jinger actually does cook, but I can imagine the discussion about that apron.

Jin: Don't film this, my apron is wrinkled.

Jer: Perfect, it makes it more real!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

ciz9l5amfrx81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

That stove is disgusting. And it looks like that apron was balled up in a corner and she just threw it on. She also needs to pretend to learn about proper tools, since she is such an "avid cook" and all.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Zella said:

Have any of you seen the video of Jinger, I assume from Instagram, making what looks like the world's blandest pasta and stirring the noodles with the spatula she'd just been using on the raw meat? I'm adding this to my proof that Jinger never actually cooks, hence she looks inept as all hell when she actually does. 

To be fair, the meat was seemingly fully browned, and then she accidentally stuck the spatula into a pot a pasta at full boil. 

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume the browned ground beef was the start of a sauce she was making. 

• Love 14
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

To be fair, the meat was seemingly fully browned, and then she accidentally stuck the spatula into a pot a pasta at full boil. 

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume the browned ground beef was the start of a sauce she was making. 

That may be, but I assume the spatula she was using when it was browned was what she was using when it was raw. And based on the way she reacted when she did touched the pasta with it, I think she knew it was wrong. Maybe I'm being overly finicky, but the safe serv class I took about 10 years ago scared the living bejesus out of me when it comes to cross contamination. 

I'm sure she's adding the sauce later, but that looked like super plain meat with no seasoning or garlic or onions. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9

Forty dollars for a tube of mineral sunscreen that costs twelve in a supermarket? It must be all those special  oils it contains that fry your skin while the zinc oxide tries to keep up. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

9lhlnu2v8px81.jpg

Keep shilling, Jinge

1 hour ago, Zella said:

That may be, but I assume the spatula she was using when it was browned was what she was using when it was raw. And based on the way she reacted when she did touched the pasta with it, I think she knew it was wrong. Maybe I'm being overly finicky, but the safe serv class I took about 10 years ago scared the living bejesus out of me when it comes to cross contamination. 

I'm sure she's adding the sauce later, but that looked like super plain meat with no seasoning or garlic or onions. 

Even us self-taught cooks (with only one real cooking class and Food Network since forever) know about cross-contamination.  I own 3 different cutting boards and always wash my knives after chopping).  ADDED TO SAY:  I bet it was PREGO sauce (nothing wrong with that, btw)

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Forty dollars for a tube of mineral sunscreen that costs twelve in a supermarket? It must be all those special  oils it contains that fry your skin while the zinc oxide tries to keep up. 

IKR? I’ve been wearing the drugstore mineral sunscreen for years. Cheap and exact same as the pricey ones.  If you’re savvy about finding things on sale, you can spend less than $12.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

IKR? I’ve been wearing the drugstore mineral sunscreen for years. Cheap and exact same as the pricey ones. 

I wonder if she's selling Young Living now. She mentioned the essential oils when she broke the news that she lost her taste and smell.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder if she's selling Young Living now. She mentioned the essential oils when she broke the news that she lost her taste and smell.

Wouldn’t she state that if she were selling it? I thought there was some kind of law about making advertising clear.

6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She lost both senses? I recall her posting about her sense of smell. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Isn't Young Living another MLM?  I hate them.

Yes. See Audrey Roloff of Little People, Big World for someone who appears to make money selling these pricey oils that cure everything. However, Audrey is always complaining about some ailment or another, so I doubt the oils work as well as she claims. 

The Roloffs and the Vuolos know each other, so it's possible Audrey brought Jinger into her downline.  

• Love 3

Ugh, that stove is disgusting. Looks like a pretty decent stove, but she needs to clean it once in a while. Hey Jingle, wipe that thing down and get out some Windex, it will be shiny and lovely in 10 minutes! Why did she let her picture get taken when the stove is such a mess? Maybe she thinks it makes her look 'busy'. 

• Love 6

I don't think that pasta Jinger displayed out of the boiling pot was rigatoni. It looked more like ziti or mostaccioli to me. Rigatoni are short, thick and square. These were elongated. Being Italian myself, I am disgusted to see this short video. No one I know browns ground beef for sauce without any oil in the pot and without onions and seasoning. That sauce was no where ready to eat....the pasta was already fully boiling...either they will eat pasta without any sauce or raw sauce over the pasta. Timing is important when you are an 'avid cook'. She can't cook worth beans IMO. Who uses a spatula for the meat? No one I know. I use a wooden spoon for that. Grandma Vuolo would have taught her that if Jinger actually learned anything from her.  These are my observations from that short video.....YUCK...

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
58 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Apparently, cleaning the stove--or kitchen--was not her jurisdiction growing up.

Cooking wasn't either, but I bet she can make a mean tater tot casserole if necessary. I doubt it's necessary in her present life. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Points for the absence of long sleeves, and for putting her hair back. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Long sleeves in an of themselves weren't the issue. Long BELL sleeves were. 😀

• Love 2
On 5/5/2022 at 10:57 PM, iwantcookies said:

What a loser! Never ending student at grifting! Jill Rodrigues 2.0.

Not gonna lie if I could live life as a never ending student and get free accommodation, I would 😃

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Apparently, cleaning the stove--or kitchen--was not her jurisdiction growing up.

Not to defend the posers, but my stove has open grates like that, and I feel like I am eternally wiping it out. If I forget even one day, it looks like that. It looks nice, but it’s terrible design. (Which reminds me, I need to go wipe my stove down.)

• Love 21
On 5/6/2022 at 7:59 AM, SMama said:

Jinger is back pretending she is an avid cook.  She took a page from her mother and is wearing an apron. Now that makes it a gourmet meal. Just like JB boasted about the four oldest being able to “whip a gourmet meal from items in the pantry (😂).” Rigatoni with ground beef, and no sauce, salad, or garlic bread to be seen. I admit being BEC but their cos play gets old.  

PS. I wrote this yesterday but it didn’t post. 

Her apron looks like it’s been wadded up and shoved into the back of a drawer for several years.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Not to defend the posers, but my stove has open grates like that, and I feel like I am eternally wiping it out. If I forget even one day, it looks like that. It looks nice, but it’s terrible design. (Which reminds me, I need to go wipe my stove down.)

I get that. My stove has grates like that, too.  Since I don't cook very much on the stove, I bought what they call a "noodle board".  It is a beautiful walnut board that covers the top of the stove.  When I need to cook, I just move it aside.  But it does keep all the dust and stuff from the microwave from falling in the grates. It is lightweight and  easy to keep clean.  Her stove looks like she is cooking for a family of 10 every day of the week.  Sad thing is, I doubt she even notices.  I doubt there was much "order" in the house growing up.  Just free-for-all mess.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I doubt there was much "order" in the house growing up.  Just free-for-all mess.

True. I keep applying normal-person logic to Duggars, and it doesn't add up. I think how I'd be embarrassed to be photographed cooking at a dirty stove, but then I remember, Jingle didn't have a normal upbringing. If the stove can actually still be seen and isn't under an inch of grime, it's probably clean to her. I can't imagine what the TTH kitchen looked like when most of the brood was small. 😱

• Love 6

My stove is a pain in the ass to clean too. A lesson reinforced today as I made lasagna. 😂 But I can't imagine filming myself cooking and not, like, wiping the stove before I start. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jinger and Jeremy went on a hike. She has a fear of snakes. In the video Jeremy laughs about it, and calls it ridiculous. That’s Jeremy.

May Jeremy not step on a rattlesnake. 

• LOL 12
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jinger and Jeremy went on a hike. She has a fear of snakes. In the video Jeremy laughs about it, and calls it ridiculous. That’s Jeremy.

Such an insufferable jerk. I hope his so called career goes nowhere after his doctorate. Then Jinger will strike gold with some venture and Jeremy is forever be the plus one. 

• Love 6