Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

Well, if so, they should have hired one who knows English grammar.

Well, they do things a little different, after all. 😂

• LOL 18
41 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

B9510F87-3F64-4EAF-B5FC-3B9B303CD826.jpeg

This woman? Could not say I love my wife Jinger! What a tool.

and maybe in the confines of their bedroom (We now have to see the whole world know SMH)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

B9510F87-3F64-4EAF-B5FC-3B9B303CD826.jpeg

This woman? Could not say I love my wife Jinger! What a tool.

JereME must be taking cues from Punchable Aunt Cade.  He doesn't call her by name in his dumb posts, either.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jinger posted some videos of the graduation ceremony. Most of the graduates have a yellow cord around their left shoulder. Jer doesn't. Any ideas what that might signify?

I think they usually are given to graduates with achievements above and beyond the standard. Not sure what the achievement is at Jer's school is though.

• Love 6

It looked like less than half the graduates had a gold cord.  It usually is some honor or achievement that they've earned as Gee Golly said.  I couldn't easily find what it was.  It's usually listed in the program, but I didn't find the program online.

• Love 7
(edited)

This was in the catelog.  It doesn't say anything about cords at graduation, but it would make sense to be this:

ACADEMIC HONORS Any student who completes his respective academic program (DipTh, BTh, MMB, MDiv, ThM, DMin, PhD) with a high grade point average is eligible, upon graduation, for academic honors as follows. 3.700–3.799 Cum Laude 3.800–3.899 Magna Cum Laude 3.900–4.000 Summa Cum Laude

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Absolom said:

This was in the catelog.  It doesn't say anything about cords at graduation, but it would make sense to be this:

Jer's GPA: 2.5? Or is that being generous? 😀

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

If I were one of his fellow students, I’d be mad as hell that Jeremy continued to get the free housing all of these years for being just an average student.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 13

In the recently released transcript of the sisters' lawsuit, Jinger was asked how much she made last year (not Jeremy, just her) and what was it from.  She responded that last year she made more than $100,000 but less than $200,000 and most of it was from her social media accounts.  

• Useful 2
20 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

In the recently released transcript of the sisters' lawsuit, Jinger was asked how much she made last year (not Jeremy, just her) and what was it from.  She responded that last year she made more than $100,000 but less than $200,000 and most of it was from her social media accounts.  

That so surprises me. I guess I still don't get this SM profit thing.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Whatever it was, he had high enough grades to proceed on to his doctorate. 

As long as students pay, I doubt the program is overly discriminating.

• Love 13
(edited)
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Could Jing be so uniformed/clueless that she just threw that insanely high number out there, not truly knowing their income?

Not knowing if it was closer to $100,00 or $200,00 seems incredibly clueless. She couldn’t have cross checked with their tax returns? And whatever the exact number, it would’ve ended up being maybe 1/2 of that after all of the self employment taxes were paid. Those take a huge chunk out of the gross earnings.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

If the suit was supposed to show they had lost earnings due to the release, I’m thinking that statement by Jinger didn’t help much. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I saw another excerpt that stated in depositions none of the girls could provide proof of treatment from a medical professional relating to the emotional distress they claimed and the defense was pointing out them just vaguely saying they were distressed wasn't really enough The only one who sought therapy was Jill, and even then it was for a range of issues not specific to the release. I don't doubt that they were legitimately distraught, but they seemed to think that just saying so was enough for a courtroom. 

Between all these revelations, it seems like they have very naive expectations of what was actually going to happen and what they needed to be providing to prove their case.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Not knowing if it was closer to $100,00 or $200,00 seems incredibly clueless. She couldn’t have cross checked with their tax returns? And whatever the exact number, it would’ve ended up being maybe 1/2 of that after all of the self employment taxes were paid. Those take a huge chunk out of the gross earnings.

Yea, no, that's not what I mean. I mean does she actually not know what income they have - period. And does she really have no idea what the average American makes and threw out numbers she pulled out of her ass. Like when she got home Jeremy told her she made far less.

I'm also guessing Jing didn't bring her tax returns to the deposition.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

She responded that last year she made more than $100,000 but less than $200,000 and most of it was from her social media accounts.  

I'm quoting myself just to make a small clarification.  Despite how I worded the above, Jinger didn't volunteer this information.  When she was asked how much she made last year, she wasn't sure.  She was then asked if it was over $100,000 and she said yes.  She was then asked if it was less than $200,000 and she said yes.  So the wide discrepancy was due to wording of the questions she was asked. 

I'm assuming she really didn't know the precise figure and just grabbed a ballpark figure.  I have no doubt that Duggar gals don't bother their pretty little heads with things like household finances.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Assuming Jinger was being truthful, I find it scary she knows so little about her own finances. Jeremy doesn't strike me as a good money manager and he spends like it grows on trees. It wouldn't surprise me if he has them in massive credit card debt and Jinger wakes up one day to find a repo man knocking at her door. 

• Love 11
(edited)
18 hours ago, Zella said:

It's the "I had to work for my degree versus brownnosing my way through the program" cord. 

When you study and achieve to get your degree, you get a cord to hang around your neck. When you brown-nose your way there, you get frequent skybox seats and a free house. 

Shows the relative value of these things, doncha know? 

Seminary Motto: It's Not What You Know, It's WHO You Know (and we don't mean Jesus!)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
(edited)
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If they're giving Jer his degree, one would think they'd give him a 4.0. What really matters is if he got higher than Derick's brag worthy 3.2. 🤣

They got called out agnrily by various former students and former faculty for handing people advanced degrees, for no work or achievement during the WASC investigation. That ended with them eventually sneaking back in after a long time stuck in the wilderness, seemingly with extra support from some other small sectarian institutions, who possibly feared that coming down too hard on the Master's Seminary could be a slippery slope for conservative-Christian schools who want to avoid some of the norms of other more liberal institutions in the accreditation group operate with.. 

But seems to me it's possible that after that lengthy kerfuffle the MS is now being a little more circumspect than they were in the past when it comes to rewarding people just for being super-suckups to TPTB. So -- no 4.0 for you, Jer. Just a simple diploma, no cord. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Wow. Has she got a secret OnlyFans account for handmaid fetishists or something? 

That seems to be a lot of cash for somebody who seems to post very little. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

That seems to be a lot of cash for somebody who seems to post very little. 

It was said in the transcript that she does product placement in her social media, where she mentions a product and encourages her followers to buy it.   Presumably, that's where the bulk of the funds come from.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Last year could have a fairly big money year for them, I think.... They probably got money for both books. Amd they were still on tv last year, weren't they? 

Those three sources together could have gotten them quite a ways toward $100,000 gross, probably.....And Jer certainly gets paid extra for some of his stuff -- and last year he spoke at some real and virtual conferences, for example. 

So maybe Jingle was basically right about the amount but just a little confused in attributing most of their 2021 money to social media? I mean, by the end of the year, the book money and tv money weren't in the mix any longer. So in the closing months of 2021, social media was probably the main contributor to the income, but not earlier. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Last year could have a fairly big money year for them, I think.... They probably got money for both books. Amd they were still on tv last year, weren't they? 

Those three sources together could have gotten them quite a ways toward $100,000 gross, probably.....And Jer certainly gets paid extra for some of his stuff -- and last year he spoke at some real and virtual conferences, for example. 

So maybe Jingle was basically right about the amount but just a little confused in attributing most of their 2021 money to social media? I mean, by the end of the year, the book money and tv money weren't in the mix any longer. So in the closing months of 2021, social media was probably the main contributor to the income, but not earlier. 

The depositions apparently happened last fall, so I'm assuming the income question pertained to 2020, but that's just a guess.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Zella said:

The depositions apparently happened last fall, so I'm assuming the income question pertained to 2020, but that's just a guess.

Yep, Good point.  I thought of that after I wrote what I wrote! ... 

I think the possibility still stands that she was right about the numbers but wrong about how much came from social media....

THey probably got their advance for the first book in 2020. They were on tv throughout 2020, not jsut part of the year, right? And Jer's regularly done events not sponsored by the Masters Seminary but by some other conservative-Calvinist groups, including during Covid. It's just that they were online.....So it seems to me those payments would still have added up to a big chunk of $100,000, gross. 

With social media just putting over that line....

Or maybe they somehow get paid huge amounts for all those new shoes Jer's got them walking around in! ..... I mean, Jingle has had a very vexed record when it comes to shilling stuff on SM. It's hard to think of any of her shilling gigs that have lasted very long.....

But maybe Jer makes bank from the pen people or something? Or the Calvinist theology-book publisher? Hard to see that either of those would have much cash to hand on to their influencers....But on the other hand, they probably don't attract many influencers with followers over half a million people either....So maybe Jer's sheer numbers make him a very valuable property to them? 

Kinda baffling, in any case, to me.....! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

How much is the tuition for a year at the PHD program?

I was wondering this, too.

I think we've all assumed that Jeremy got some kind of free ride on tuition based on all the other freebies he's gotten, but I wonder if he's burning through a settlement from JB.

If Jill and Derick used her settlement money to fund law school, that seems reasonable to me, since it will allow Derick to support his family. With Jeremy, I see this all as a vanity project, and if they're spending Jinger's money, I think it's a shame.

I could, of course, be very wrong about this, and there may be a great future in being a suck-up in this particular religious sect.

• Love 6

I've personally never believed the rumor that Jeremy and Jinger negotiated their own separate contract, but I was most curious about what their depositions said about finances precisely because I wanted to know if that was confirmed or denied. 

• Love 8

I’m disappointed that there have been no Vuolo sightings in San Diego. It’s an easy drive for them. Could it be they were not invited? 😂

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I wonder if Jinger wants to go to college too. What are her goals/dreams?

If she wanted to go to college, it would take her quite a while.  She has a very poor basic "education" and would have to take a lot of remedial classes.  (See title of "her" book)

• Love 6
(edited)

One of the things that really stood out to me in the stuff about the dropped lawsuit is the defense argued none of the Duggar daughters were able to articulate their emotional distress at the release of the information beyond in very broad/general terms. I totally think that is on their parents, partially when it comes to education and partially when it comes to raising the children in an environment where you were expected to keep sweet no matter what. But I would think all of them would have difficulty writing a basic college-level paper. 

I had students who struggled as freshmen in Comp I with writing essays but could bang out great timed responses because that was what they were used to doing in high school for tests. I am not sure any of the Duggar kids could even manage that because of the way they were homeschooled. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8