Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

To me that’s “16 Candles” 🙂.

Sure, I get it. But there are expressions I heard in 1984 that I don't use anymore. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Snakes is such a common fear too. They don't bother me at all, but I'd never mock anyone for their fear/dislike of them. Also, depending on where you live, a completely reasonable fear!

• Love 10
(edited)

Singer Gabby Barrett is pregnant with her second child.

Connection:  Jeremy is friends with Gabby's hubby.  I don't know if Jinger is friends with Gabby.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 1
54 minutes ago, Zella said:

That announcement Cade posted is one of the most insufferable I've ever read. 

This is really bad, but the one in his stories is worse - but for a different reason.

image.png.7b5c33c237e7e94a4bbcff6cd6eaf4b0.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This is really bad, but the one in his stories is worse - but for a different reason.

image.png.7b5c33c237e7e94a4bbcff6cd6eaf4b0.png

Ooof I saw the one you're sharing and that's what I was reacting to. I hate to ask but what is in the stories that is somehow worse? 

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Zella said:

Ooof I saw the one you're sharing and that's what I was reacting to. I hate to ask but what is in the stories that is somehow worse? 

I'll just say a smart ass comment misrepresenting facts.

Came back to add - does Cade realize anatomy scans are done at 20 weeks and almost never earlier than that? And most interventions are done prior to 16 weeks? So I see his post as a misrepresentation of facts.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

It was actually on Friday.

Okay, so it wasn't some patriarchal move.

I just realized - in 3 years Jeremy will be a doctor. His head won't even be able to fit in the cavernous echo chamber known as the TTH.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
(edited)

Correction, I think it was actually yesterday, or it was just the church celebration that was yesterday. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
(edited)
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Correction, I think it was actually yesterday, or it was just the church celebration that was yesterday. 🤷🏼‍♀️

So it possibly was an asshole move - hijacking Mother's Day.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So it possibly was an asshole move - hijacking Mother's Day.

Or just unfortunate overlap. It's pretty common for graduations to collide with Mother's Day, I remember being at Syracuse for my brother's college graduation and it was Mother's Day weekend. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, questionfear said:

Or just unfortunate overlap. It's pretty common for graduations to collide with Mother's Day, I remember being at Syracuse for my brother's college graduation and it was Mother's Day weekend. 

I wonder why they do that. Mother's Day is always the second Sunday in May. Its not like they can't plan around it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, questionfear said:

The years where Iowa graduates the same weekend as Mother's Day are the worst. This year Mother's Day was early and Iowa graduates this week. I'm pretty sure Iowa State graduates a week earlier than Iowa does so that would have happened this weekend but I'm not 100% sure because we're not as close to them as we are to Iowa. 

source: I'm a cake decorator near Iowa City, who will be getting very little sleep until the second week of June. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
(edited)

My graduation happened to fall on Mother's Day, but my mom said my getting that degree was the best gift she could ask for. 

She was never too concerned about "Hallmark" holidays like Mother's Day, and my brothers and I definitely showed her how much we loved & appreciated her the other 364 days of the year too. 

I'm betting Jeremy's mother is more proud than resentful, no matter what day his graduation fell on. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

My graduation happened to fall on Mother's Day, but my mom said my getting that degree was the best gift she could ask for. 

She was never too concerned about "Hallmark" holidays like Mother's Day, and my brother's and I definitely showed her how much we loved & appreciated her the other 364 days of the year too. 

I'm betting Jeremy's mother is more proud than resentful, no matter what day his graduation fell on. 

That certainly can be true many a time, but many have mothers and MsIL as well as children. 

And I agree about Hallmark holidays, but life is busy, so its nice to have a built in excuse to make an effort to get together with family.

• Love 4

The t-shirt Jeremy is wearing is advertising a guy who "upcycles" Nikes. In other words, it seems he takes old Nikes and pieces different ones together - swoosh and all. He calls himself the Shoe Surgeon. I never thought Jer would be one to wear quasi knock-offs.

Not sure how Nike it allowing this dude to do this with no repercussions.

• Useful 5
(edited)
On 5/5/2022 at 7:09 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

It just says "3 years of commendable pastoral experience." 

I don't think Jer has been working in ministry at TMS. He seems to have been working more behind the scenes in a support role.

I think "ministry" has a pretty broad definition, though. For one thing, I'm sure it applies to any and all efforts to contact people and bring them into your specific church -- a form of "conversion," basically. 

And Grace Community Church (like most churches now) is trying hard to bring in and keep lots of people in younger generations than the already-on-Social-Security crowd to flesh out their congregation. If they don't, they'll eventually go broke.

So they'd absolutely count as "ministry" anything somebody was doing to mix and mingle with these desired populations, I think. Even social events. ....

And Jer's been involved in a lot of stuff with younger members and prospective members, it seems....For example, he's been officially listed as being part of the GCC initiative to reach out to students and alums from virtually ALL the local college and university campuses.

Can't remember what they call that program exactly, but they have talks and discussions and such at various locations around the area for those groups -- basically each institution has some dedicated events. And Jer's been photographed at some of those. And doctrine and donuts certainly counts as ministry because he's "teaching" in some way. ....

I would bet that even a lot of the photographed social events we see Jer and Jinge at are also counted as ministry. Seems like when somebody rich offers a skybox or tickets to a musical and we see Instagram photos of J and J at the event with a lot of younger people that that's viewed as Jer cementing the church's bond with either newish young members or prospective ones by being a "pastoral" type hanging out with those people and schmoozing over free of steeply discounted tickets....So -- ministry.

And ministry with fun times that get posted on social media for everybody of younger generations to see. Message: "We're the church that you want!"  

As many have previously said, it's the road to being Carl Lentz before everybody knew quite what a creep Carl was. And until (or if) you turn into a full-fledged creep AND that fact gets discovered -- it's ministry the whole way....

.I'm sure Jer sees himself as the Good Version of Carl L already -- "The Shoe Surgeon" party, come on......And for the church -- it's fun and publicity that may help them hold onto members who'll be alive to tithe for multiple decades. So, it's all a winning ministry. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 6
(edited)
On 5/9/2022 at 10:11 AM, questionfear said:

State universities here have done that when it falls after finals conclude -- including some disciplines having their ceremonies on Mother's Day itself because there are simply too many colleges to have all on Saturday.

ETA  My younger DD actually graduated this past Saturday.  She chose not to walk so I have no idea if some of the colleges at her university were walking Sunday or not.

Edited by Tikichick
  • Useful 2
8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

But but but she read the biography of Susie Spurgeon!!!!111 

No indication if she had to look up the big words. 😂

I hope she did look them up if she didn’t understand them. I still do it many times each day. It’s so much easier to just be able to highlight the word and get the definition right there; I love it. No more reaching for the clunky old dictionary. She won’t learn anything if she doesn’t look those words up, lol. I hope Jeremy encourages her to keep learning like this, but who knows?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

During a deposition, Jinger admitted to using a ghostwriter for their book. Wonder if they needed one for the kids' book as well? 😂

The title is grammatically incorrect so maybe they did write it.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

During a deposition, Jinger admitted to using a ghostwriter for their book. Wonder if they needed one for the kids' book as well? 😂

Well, if so, they should have hired one who knows English grammar.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2