Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Jeremy would make that face for literally anything he sticks in his piehole if he thinks it will A. make him look like a super rad homie hip to the latest cool trends, and B. get him an influencer gig.

I feel like he's made that same face with burgers, hot chicken, shoes, fountain pens, and Cade.

Goodfellas GIF

I do agree that there is nothing Jeremy would do in his quest to stay famous.  He is also an ass-kisser par excellence. Johnny Mac is his Daddy and Jeremy always listens to Daddy. 

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Unfortunately this may require war if we become rival tyrants because I'm pretty entrenched in my bergamot hate. 😂*

I don't have a problem with cilantro, but it's not one of my favorites. 

I wish I could find that picture of Jeremy eating the doughnut. I think it was deleted from his Instagram, so I find people talking about when it happened but no preservation of his face. Maybe the world is a better place for this. 

*War can perhaps be averted if you just want it in perfume and not tea. I don't wear perfume and am pretty sensitive to some of them if other people are wearing them, but I don't think I have a sensitivity to that as a fragrance. Just the taste. 

OK, I'll stand as a buffer between you two as I can't stand Earl Grey or begamot in food, but I don't have a problem with it in perfume.

• LOL 4
12 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

OK, I'll stand as a buffer between you two as I can't stand Earl Grey or begamot in food, but I don't have a problem with it in perfume.

It was getting too off topic, so I took my reply over to Small Talk.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Now and then, I check the Kindle specials on Amazon.  This week, I noticed that The Hope We Hold is $3.99 on Kindle.

That might be worth taking one for the team. 😀

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Now and then, I check the Kindle specials on Amazon.  This week, I noticed that The Hope We Hold is $3.99 on Kindle.

We knew it!  
and I don’t miss an opportunity to ask them on IG how the candle shop is coming along!  

• LOL 17

I love Felicity and Evangeline's curls. I wouldn't be surprised if Jinger was pregnant. Their girls are just over 2 years apart and Jeremy would probably like to have a son. If they have more than 4 I'm going to be shocked, though.

• Like 5
  • Love 10

The first thing that popped into my mind was the VAST difference between how Ivy's hair looks -vs- Jinger's girls. Jessa really should be ashamed. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

The first thing that popped into my mind was the VAST difference between how Ivy's hair looks -vs- Jinger's girls. Jessa really should be ashamed. 

Seriously though what if Jessa is depressed? It would explain her not doing her kids hair, keeping a tidy home etc. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, SMama said:

So she’s been depressed since her wedding day.

Not since her wedding day but maybe after a year of marriage, perhaps having a baby and being responsible for the house really hit her, then she got pregnant with Henry again a few months after having Spurgeon, and suddenly it was like hey this is my life kids and running a household, this is too much work. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Tasya said:

People here were ragging on Felicity's hair back when she was around Ivy's age (it was one of her birthdays, I forget if they were still showing her face back then, but it was the same type of OMG comments that Jessa gets now, i.e. that Jinger couldn't be bothered to brush her hair).

Maybe Jinger has mastered small child hair care since then, but more likely they just took a picture at the most opportune moment this time... or maybe, as part of the wedding party, the girls' hair was professionally done.

Honestly I think both Felicity and Ivy just have the type of fine, wavy, little kid hair that frequently looks unkempt even minutes after brushing it. I'm not denying that Jessa is not a terrible and neglectful mother in many ways, but Ivy's flyaway hair is not a particularly tell-tale sign to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Jessa’s kids don’t have true curly hair, I have the same type of hair and if Jessa were to comb/brush their hair would be wavy 

I can eailsy leave my hair to look curly but it ends up look exactly like Ivy’s 😑

• Like 1
  • Love 4

A change in hygiene and grooming habits can signal depression, but it is the change that is significant. Jessa always seems to have been indifferent to shit like hair. I don't think it's depression. I think she just doesn't give a shit. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
(edited)

I would be amazed if Jessa hasn't been depressed since she was 12-13. The things Jessa posts are mostly dull and half-assed and she's probably posting the highlights or scripting what she thinks would be interesting. If her post are the best of her life, then the rest of her life that we don't see probably totally sucks. 

Of course, I could be projecting since I've had problems coping with depression and anxiety since I was 5 or 6 and almost nobody around me has ever really been aware of it. 

Edited by Nysha
  • Hugs 11
  • Love 9
(edited)

THIS is the man Jeremy and Jinger follow. Sickening. They have 2 daughters!

ANAHEIM, Calif. — Southern Baptists filled a cavernous hotel ballroom Sunday to hear a warning: Don’t cooperate or compromise with the Devil. And this week, as their huge denomination gathers for its annual meeting and to elect a new president, the urgent warning was aimed at their fellow Southern Baptists.

“You don’t advance the kingdom of God by lining up with the kingdom of Satan,” John MacArthur, a dean of conservative evangelical preaching, told the audience, referring to issues including the role of women and addressing racism. “You will never advance the kingdom of God by being popular with the world. If you think you will, you’re doing the Devil’s work. How can you negotiate with people who hate Christ, hate God, hate the Bible and hate the Gospel?”

“Pretty soon it will be women preachers, social justice, then racism, then victimization because the world is a ball and chain, and when you’re hooked, it will take you to the bottom. They hate the truth,” MacArthur said to a crowd that flipped, through the night, between pin-drop silence and cheers of “That’s true!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2022/06/13/southern-baptists-john-macarthur/?utm_source=reddit.com

ETA - some of the article gets political so keep the discussion about only the religious.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 9

Maybe Jessa feels left behind, still mostly stuck at the big house with the same old, same old.  Jinger has a glamorous Hollywood life, Jill is happily married to a lawyer,  and Joy is having a good time with a competent husband and a fun-loving best friend in Carlin.  And Jessa has....Ben and his little church.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Jeremy  has a picture of Jinger shopping on his IG and someone asked why she was mic'd up. His response was just a wink  https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce1dk4KPDeL/ 

He also has a story that starts with a picture of someone with a camera recording him. https://www.instagram.com/stories/jeremy_vuolo/2861333686701811933/

What do you think that is all about?  

I clicked on Chance Vintage, https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/334374540390941/chance-vintage/. My guess is they filmed a commercial for them.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5
13 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Since when has Jinger expressed any interest in vintage anything? Or, should I ask when has Jeremy expressed an interest in anything vintage, since Jinger’s only interests are his interests.

I may be remembering incorrectly, because I do not allow the Duggars to live rent-free in my head, but didn’t Jim-Bob tell Jeremy before they were engaged that he needs to get a second job (LOL! He needs a FIRST job ~ but I digress) because Jingle likes to shop second-hand stores? Or am I making that up?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Will this be another venture that will go down the drain? 🧐 

After what MacArthur just said publicly, I certainly hope so. 

24 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Since when has Jinger expressed any interest in vintage anything? Or, should I ask when has Jeremy expressed an interest in anything vintage, since Jinger’s only interests are his interests.

She once claimed to love “all things classical.” 😂

8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I may be remembering incorrectly, because I do not allow the Duggars to live rent-free in my head, but didn’t Jim-Bob tell Jeremy before they were engaged that he needs to get a second job (LOL! He needs a FIRST job ~ but I digress) because Jingle likes to shop second-hand stores? Or am I making that up?

I think JB was referring to stores like Goodwill (and I love my goodwill!) but that’s different than $$$ genuine vintage items. Used doesn’t usually equate to vintage.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Have we ever seen her in anything remotely vintage? I can’t remember if so.

2nd hand in Duggar terms does not equal vintage, it equals thrift and cheap. Vintage is usually pricey so Jeremy probably encourages it.

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

Maybe the vintage store's just owned by somebody they know from church or the neighborhood or something.

Everybody they know probably wants to see whether they can benefit from a free (or at least low-cost) ride on their fandom and followership. 

ETA: The store's home page says they carry styles and looks "from all eras," and their stuff is both curated and reworked. So that's why it's called "Chance."

Probably run by a stylist/designer-type person. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

Friendly reminder that vintage just means any clothing/accessories more than 20 years old.  Any piece of clothing manufactured before 2002 is now considered vintage.  Vintage does not necessarily mean more expensive. Most of us on here have at least one item in our closet that is technically vintage.  I still have the hoodie I wore to death from 1999-2002.  It's vintage, but only worth about a buck.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
  • Love 3

I'm guessing they have clothes in their shop that are less than 20 years old as well. Vintage, retro, upcycled are 'classier' ways to say used. I mean I assume they have 'select' used clothing and not necessarily some of the ones found in a local Goodwill - but used none the less.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1