Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I realize he's bragging about the soccer shirt but I wonder if he knows what interAction is. It's an alliance of NGOs whose website has a diversity statement that includes the following: 

Across the international development and humanitarian sectors, a consensus is growing that organizations must use an intersectional framework to challenge persistent inequalities and work in ways that are anti-racist and not based on colonial models of engagement. NGOs are now rightfully expected to understand that race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, and class are each vast and complex identities that intersect across categories, cultures, and regions.

Seems to me that's the complete opposite of what johnnymac and that letter he signed espouses. 

https://www.interaction.org

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 9
  • Love 11
(edited)

I feel like JereMe made a deal with the devil but got distracted by Satan's rad kicks and didn't read the fine print. As a result, somewhere in an attic, there is a remarkably young and hot portrait of our Baaaaabe. Meanwhile, out in the real world...

Edited by satrunrose
  • LOL 23

I don't like Jeremy and hate everything he stands for, but he looks OK to me.  He certainly looks better than the Duggar males and Derick.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Putting looks aside, there's a spectrum of how much effort one puts into their presentation (looks wise). I fall closer to, probably Jill and I would put Jin and Jer at the opposite end of Jessa. Joy seems to be stepping it up a bit now that she's a RHOMC.

Maybe because I don't care too much in how I present myself, I kind of enjoy seeing what J & J will wear next. Sometimes its over the top, but for the most part I think they do a good job.

I'm not saying Jeremy isn't arrogant and self indulgent, but I do find interestingly entertaining. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 7/3/2022 at 11:48 AM, farmgal4 said:

How in the world did I ever think that he was once good-looking?? 😯

I think a lot of people wanted something good for Jingle. And Jer seemed to be considerably better looking than Der, with all his jaw problems.....and not a child, like Bin.....

So hope -- and the fact that nobody had yet seen a hundred pictures of him shoving fast food into his gaping maw --  increased Jer's attractiveness in the eys of many -- for a while....That's my guess anyway. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 5
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Watched the reel. The big project reveal is tomorrow. Looks like apparel. 

Of course. 🙄

Well, I guess they need a new and different pursuit to fill up the newsletter. Whose working title should be "All the Stuff That's Fizzled (and Going to Fizzle)." 

Why does a megachurch outreach-staffer?/seminary lecturer/preacher want or need a side business in apparel, anyway? 

Who does that, unless it's somebody who's been designing clothes or graphics-for-clothes at home for years as a hobby to the acclaim of all their friends who beg to have stuff made for them? And that's certainly not these two. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I still think a lot about what I always think of as the Ur picture of fashionable Jeremy. When they lived in Laredo, I don't remember him taking tons of pictures of what he ate or of clothing. Most of his clothes looked like what you'd expect from a former jock who had started preaching. I remember a lot of casual wear. 

But right before he moved, he posted some picture of him wearing something that looked like they were more befitting an old man than someone his age. I remember joking that maybe he was wearing it to impress MacArthur, but it does seem like something flipped in him when he knew he was headed for L.A. 

• Like 5
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I guess they need a new and different pursuit to fill up the newsletter. Whose working title should be "All the Stuff That's Fizzled (and Going to Fizzle)." 

Why does a megachurch outreach-staffer?/seminary lecturer/preacher want or need a side business in apparel, anyway? 

Who does that, unless it's somebody who's been designing clothes or graphics-for-clothes at home for years as a hobby to the acclaim of all their friends who beg to have stuff made for them? And that's certainly not these two. 

As someone who's never been interested in owning my own business or earning a living via internet fame, I'm truly fascinated by people like Jinger and Jeremy who seemingly will try absolutely anything to avoid getting a job. I'm not saying that as a jab at business owners; it's just that I figure owning a business (that's not inherited or something) evolves from having certain skill sets and/or a talent for something, and J/J clearly lack those qualities. They have some level of fame a good amount of followers they're trying to capitalize on, but those followers just came as part of the Duggar package and J/J don't know what to do with them because they didn't do anything to "earn" them. They keep trying random shit that has  the chance of broad appeal but they lack the charm, acting ability, and willingness to do the hard work of creating something from the ground up to pull it off, and they'll never wash off the fundie stink. Jeremy needs to go to school for something useful and call it a day. 

• Applause 8
  • Love 14
Just now, iwantcookies said:

Didn’t they quit their clothing business/podcast very quickly? These 2 don’t want to put in the required effort to be successful.

This new product idea will be abandoned by Christmas.

Didn't they just sell those stupid baseball caps and candles? This seems to possibly involve tee shirts. 

And it will be abandoned long before Christmas. I give it about as long as there's still shine on the new book. 

• Love 9

I watched the video: no I am not signing up for the email letter. Haha. What interesting thing will they say? Which food Jeremy ate for free: fried chicken, taco, donuts, coffee?  Where he went golfing for free with very important people… Who he is sucking up to?

Jinger who is a dutiful wife: her beyond boring daily schedule… 

I mean these 2 are boringgg.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

Who would want to wear a clothing item promoting a family who is now most famous for having a hypocrite father and a deviant felon brother? The "aren't we wholesome and delightful" ship that J and J are still trying to cruise on has thoroughly sailed. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

Who would want to wear a clothing item promoting a family who is now most famous for having a hypocrite father, a deviant felon brother, and horrible hateful beliefs? The "aren't we wholesome and delightful" ship that J and J are still trying to cruise on has thoroughly sailed. 

Fixed for you.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

To be fair, its not Jinger's fault her brother is a criminal, nor is she responsible for her father's behaviors. With that said, J & J do have a history of poor follow through.

• Like 5
  • Love 11
On 7/4/2022 at 3:09 PM, satrunrose said:

I feel like JereMe made a deal with the devil but got distracted by Satan's rad kicks and didn't read the fine print. As a result, somewhere in an attic, there is a remarkably young and hot portrait of our Baaaaabe. Meanwhile, out in the real world...

Now there’s a good band name: Satan’s Rad Kicks.

• Like 1
  • LOL 19

My fave comment under the J&J promotional video: Good luck with your 110th attempt at becoming major influencers.

The video is hilarious - very bouncy, hand-held camera/reality/paparazzi type shots/Jeremy playing goalie/Jeremy catching a fish/Jinger designing her own Nikes/the back of one of their kids' heads.  Personally I wouldn't have any idea what this new project is supposed to be, based on that video.  But ooh, the intrigue!  Here, Jer - take my money! 

• LOL 21
6 hours ago, Zella said:

They did too. 

Now wait a minute, their children's book doesn't come out until August 22nd.  You can't expect them to promote it in July.  It's not like people can order it before its release. /s

• LOL 15
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

To be fair, its not Jinger's fault her brother is a criminal, nor is she responsible for her father's behaviors. With that said, J & J do have a history of poor follow through.

I do feel bad for the siblings that they effectively wear a scarlet letter when it comes to the media associating them with the eldest.   On that front every one of them should be free to go out and live their lives unencumbered with his crimes.   

As far as J & J, well really mostly Jeremy ...      Squirrel!

• Like 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It looks like their "project" is a YouTube channel. I can't watch these self-indulgent twatwaffles preen around for a camera. 

I think it's a very good thing that they're keeping their daughters off social media, but that means that any vlogging attempt will be dead in the water. They're not funny, interesting, or clever; neither of them are knowledgeable in any topic people would be interested in; they don't want to publicly embrace the hateful Christian stereotype that might gain them a following in particular circles. All they got is generic family blogging, and since they won't show the kids, all people are getting is them. And...go back to my 2nd sentence.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh, I didn't mean to suggest that it's Jinger's fault at all! I just wanted to point out that if they were selling clothing, most people probably won't be interested in wearing obviously Duggar-branded items for a while, if ever. Now that we know it's a youtube channel, my point is kind of moot and I'll switch to fretting about another media platform for Jeremy's hateful views and why anyone would watch when they're so very boring (I know, I know, never stopped the Kardashans). 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Oh, I didn't mean to suggest that it's Jinger's fault at all! I just wanted to point out that if they were selling clothing, most people probably won't be interested in wearing obviously Duggar-branded items for a while, if ever. Now that we know it's a youtube channel, my point is kind of moot and I'll switch to fretting about another media platform for Jeremy's hateful views and why anyone would watch when they're so very boring (I know, I know, never stopped the Kardashans). 

The Kardashians are trash, but at least they don’t want to take rights away from women, LGBT, and POC, AFAIK. I won’t watch any of their videos, click on their SM posts, or anything else, but contributing to these hateful fundies’ bank accounts (and that’s what watching their YouTube videos IS doing) is far worse to me. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 11

They put the video up around midnight west coast time, and it has 15k views. They already have 13k subs. Nothing like Jessa's, but it might gain some momentum. I mean, Jessa's videos are crap, but she constantly gets over 100k views. 

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It looks like their "project" is a YouTube channel. I can't watch these self-indulgent twatwaffles preen around for a camera. 

Don't worry, the channel will go dormant within 3 months.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

The Kardashians are trash, but at least they don’t want to take rights away from women, LGBT, and POC, AFAIK. I won’t watch any of their videos, click on their SM posts, or anything else, but contributing to these hateful fundies’ bank accounts (and that’s what watching their YouTube videos IS doing) is far worse to me. 

Agree, but one could argue what the Kardashians put out is very harmful to women overall.

• Like 3
  • Love 13

It's a Bates style YouTube vlog which, depending on views, could be kind of lucrative to them the way it is for the Bates kids on their various channels. Unlike the other Duggar kids who have YT channels, Jinger and Jeremy did a video style intro set to music that will probably air with each new vlog. 

As far as the content, I do feel like Felicity and Evy will have a fairly mainstream life with opportunity for a good education (probably private Christian school) and social/athetic endeavors. Jeremy is a standard issue male chauvanist when it comes to women being pastors or leaders in church, but bringing his kids to a women's professional soccer game suggests the girls won't be denied the chance to play youth sports if they want to do so, and Jeremy will be fully supportive.  Going to a concert suggests they will get to listen to music beyond classical or christian hymns/music.  So those kids are already better off than Jessa's kids, Joe's kids, or Joy's kids could ever hope to be. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So....I'm guessing this would replace the youtube channel they already have....The one where they hold hope?  And now they'll try to youtube more like Jill and Jessa? Can't say I hold much hope for that. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 4
  • LOL 7