Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 minutes ago, awaken said:

Back in the days where she was still using too much bronzer, and wearing a modesty tank!

She looked much healthier then though, imo.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

Jeremy has aged a lot in the last year, but I think the ALERT haircut looks better on him than whatever that unfortunate combover he was trying did. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, coconspirator said:

It's an Instagram trend right now for couples to post an early photo of themselves; I've seen several people I follow on Instagram do it. They aren't asking followers to send them pictures. If you "add yours" I believe it takes you back to your IG and the photo is added there.

What a shame I would’ve love it if a load of LGBTQ people sent in their couple photos 😄

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
On 7/28/2022 at 6:44 PM, Cinnabon said:

Sure, like they’ll even glance at anything anyone else posts. 

The loving couple.. BARF.

23 hours ago, coconspirator said:

It's an Instagram trend right now for couples to post an early photo of themselves; I've seen several people I follow on Instagram do it. They aren't asking followers to send them pictures. If you "add yours" I believe it takes you back to your IG and the photo is added there.

Get a grip on your life.. I say.  Stop with the Instagram posts.  and GET OFF MY LAWN!

• LOL 10

Despite the poor production quality (especially audio! Isn't there a way to have everyone you plan to talk with mic'd up?), I ended up enjoying the newest YT video once Jeremy's bragging and sad attempts to be charismatic were out of the way (the tour of the boat-home was so cringe!). After that, it was simply two brothers and their dad on a fishing trip. This was a special time for their dad and it was nice to see that. Of course, this won't get many views because it's Jingerless. People want to see Jinger going out and having fun with her church girlfriends or her siblings when they visit. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, canaanite2 said:

Despite the poor production quality (especially audio! Isn't there a way to have everyone you plan to talk with mic'd up?), I ended up enjoying the newest YT video once Jeremy's bragging and sad attempts to be charismatic were out of the way (the tour of the boat-home was so cringe!). After that, it was simply two brothers and their dad on a fishing trip. This was a special time for their dad and it was nice to see that. Of course, this won't get many views because it's Jingerless. People want to see Jinger going out and having fun with her church girlfriends or her siblings when they visit. 

Nothing was mentioned about the shark they caught in the teaser. I wonder if they edited that out after getting negative responses on the IG preview?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

My opinion of Jeremy and Jinger is that they are not living the Godly-humble lifestyle of a pastor and his wife. He seems to be led by earthly pleasures and riches. The fact that they are still in the free pastor-rental house is telling to me. Surely, there are other seminary students who truly believe and live a modest lifestyle who didn't appear on TV and have instagram accounts who could really use the house. Jeremy & Jinger have worn out their welcome there and seem to be advantage takers, in my opinion. 

I agree.  It's kind of reminiscent of JillR.  They must think they're "extra Godly special," too.

• Applause 4
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jeremy's outgrown his MLS jacket. Time to put away childish things, dude. You didn't even PLAY in the MLS, you sat on the bench.

He’s such a tool.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

I think he looks 35.  And no more floppy locks for Jer, he's embracing the hairline.  Unlike his Duggar bro-in-laws.  

I say they knew exactly what sign would show up in the photo.  A little twisted humor aimed at the righteous humpers.  

• Mind Blown 1
27 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Is Jeremy attending Alert? What's with the shaved head? It definitely ages him. 

He only has about a 2-inch wide landing strip on top, so he probably thought that shaving his head was his only option.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a man age quite as quickly and badly as he has.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

He only has about a 2-inch wide landing strip on top, so he probably thought that shaving his head was his only option.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a man age quite as quickly and badly as he has.

I went to school with one guy who was balding Sophmore year. He also looked middle aged. Another guy was going very thin Senior year. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I went to school with one guy who was balding Sophmore year. He also looked middle aged. Another guy was going very thin Senior year. 

Sounds like my cousin he was completely bald by 22 years old. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think he looks better with the shaved head. Fresher some how. Maybe it's just a good photo because he is smiling and sitting with Jinger. I noted the way she was grasping onto him, their embrace doesnt look mutual. But at least she likes him.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

I think he looks 35.  And no more floppy locks for Jer, he's embracing the hairline.  Unlike his Duggar bro-in-laws.  

I say they knew exactly what sign would show up in the photo.  A little twisted humor aimed at the righteous humpers.  

Aren’t those still the majority of their true followers?

I also think he looks good with the shaved head. Much, much better. 

On another note, how old is Felicity now? I'm wondering if we're going to get some school info soon, she should be off to preschool right?

Edited by Tasya
Adding a question.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Tasya said:

On another note, how old is Felicity now? I'm wondering if we're going to get some school info soon, she should be off to preschool right?

Four this month, I think. Unless her birthday was in July, in which case she's already four.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I would imagine there's a MacArthur-approved Christian pre-school in her near future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I would imagine there's a MacArthur-approved Christian pre-school in her near future.

Pre-school would probably be at the church.

Then there’s: https://www.graceacademy.org/

An article about the school:

https://premierchristian.news/us/news/article/john-mcarthur-s-church-to-launch-2-primary-schools-in-the-autumn

From the article: They will charge approximately $5,000 per student. 

“In this Christ-centered academic community, credentialed teachers will provide in-class instruction 14 hours per week, and parents will lead approximately 16 hours of at-home instruction, following a thoughtfully designed curriculum.”

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 5
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

An article about the school:

https://premierchristian.news/us/news/article/john-mcarthur-s-church-to-launch-2-primary-schools-in-the-autumn

From the article: They will charge approximately $5,000 per student. 

“In this Christ-centered academic community, credentialed teachers will provide in-class instruction 14 hours per week, and parents will lead approximately 16 hours of at-home instruction, following a thoughtfully designed curriculum.”

$5,000 per kid for the parents to do more of the work at home than the teachers......I am one who is still pro-homework but come on.......

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 14
21 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

I suspect they wouldn't have shared this had they noticed the saying on the wall behind them. It reads "Your body is not a temple. It's an amusement park." 😄

That’s the first thing I noticed!  The sign!  Re: the foot. Either they stashed the toddler behind them to keep her face off of SM, or specifically put a Nike in the photo since their own weren’t highlighted. 🙄

4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Then she must have already surpassed Jinger intellectually.

Soooo bad!!!!  I’m totally laughing!  

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, TigerLily20 said:

$5,000 per kid for the parents to do more of the work at home than the teachers......I am one who is still pro-homework but come on.......

But the children of Jeremy, there shouldn't be any charge.  That's how life rolls for the Vuolos in L.A.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

But the children of Jeremy, there shouldn't be any charge.  That's how life rolls for the Vuolos in L.A.

We'll see if Jerm continues to curry favor as he "works" on his doctorate. There's still a year before Felicity starts kindergarten. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Yes, guaranteed it would be tuition free in exchange for SM advertising. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Jeremy may seem like he has aged a bit, but he will be 35 in September and I also agree that he looks his age. Jinger, OTOH, looks younger than her age.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jinger might be able to teach/homeschool  up to 2nd grade tops.

Well, spread that amount of information and skills out over a 12-year period and you probably have as much education as MacArthur and company really want most kids to have....

.If they learn to do much more than that with their brains, they may start thinking thoughts that haven't been directly handed to them by TPTB. Preventing that is the main reason they're starting their "school," I expect. 

The fear of a younger generation in today's increasingly heathen world becoming less fearful and isolationist and more open-minded and curious scares the bejesus out of them.

Raises the spectre of kids of their congregation actively questioning their misogyny, their homophobia, their anti-social-justice stances, their anti-psychology and anti-science leanings 

And if that happens, their congregation will dwindle more over time than it's already doing. And the Johnny Mac Gang's Bank Accounts Jesus would suffer from that!

So gotta keep 'em locked up in a "school" where everybody's tightly indoctrinated by MacArthur devotees a few days a week and stuck at the dining room table with My Only Identity Is As a Christian-Wife Mommy the rest of the time. 

This doesn't have anything to do with education. It has everything to do with stifling critical thought, no matter what they pretend. Just a slightly more pretentious Southern Cal-tinged version of the Gothard-and-Duggar academy. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 8