Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ya I know… I didn’t want to say the “P” word 😂

Same, but it’s disturbing how it comes right out of some people’s mouths. 😳🤣

4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Is that what most people would take to mean the East Coast?

Northern vs Southern California.

2 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah I'd agree with that. The two best places to get burgers around here both match that description. One is a gas station that just looks like you should never stop there. LOL 

There’s a gas station here that has a chicken takeout restaurant in it that has the most amazing fried chicken I’ve ever had. And I’m not really a fried chicken fan. 

1 hour ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Oh come on, Jeremy, only tourists buy AND wear the In-N-Out shirt. And while actually eating the burger? Cringe, dude!

IKR? It’s really, really lame and tacky! So uncool.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/29/2022 at 8:40 AM, Zella said:

I never have either, but I've always wanted to try one after watching The Big Lebowski. "Those are good burgers, Walter!" I've heard mixed reviews of them from people who have actually lived in California, but I can't truly know until I've tried one. I'd leave out the try-hard social media post if I did, though. 😇

As someone who lived 3 blocks from one in CA, I can attest that it is VERY popular.  The drive thu line would wind though the parking lot and  into a very, very busy street.  It would block traffic for a couple of blocks.  I learned not to drive home that way during times near to meal times.  If you go on "off" times, it is much easier. Another one opened a couple of miles away, and they were hoping it would ease some of the traffic around the first one.  I like their hamburgers, and I find I kind of miss being so close to one.  There is one about 10 miles away, but I haven't stopped there yet.

They are very picky about who they hire, and everyone is neat, clean, and very polite.  (And the people running the cash register actually know how to make change!)

Edited by CalicoKitty
extra word
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3
On 8/28/2022 at 5:25 PM, oliviabenson said:

Tattoos are allowed? I’m defrauded by his legs lol.

FF345F45-984F-47C0-B71D-7F6BC86ED686.jpeg

Imagine Jeremy with tats all over. 

I'd really rather not but thank you for the invitation.

I used to love the In'n'Out "grilled cheese" (cheeseburger hold the burger) like once every two years or so but alas we are now avoiding them for political reasons I cannot detail here.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I live in a resort town, and people here wear clothing with the town name on it all the time.  People that have lived here their entire lives and people that are new to the area, not just tourists.  

They wear shirts with local landmarks, local restaurants (yes, TO the restaurant!) and local attractions.  Some are new, some are vintage.  Some have local artwork, local festivals and local bands on them.  It's not bizarre.  It's not stupid.  People all across the world do it.   

Some people even wear Disney shirts TO Disney and AT Disney, can you imagine?  

And In-and-Out is a pretty good burger.  I ate there often when I lived in Sacramento.  

I just assumed they got In-and-Out takeout, and Jeremy put on the shirt to "advertise" where it was from without putting it in the caption.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Yes, there are some incredibly dim and basic people out there. They’re fun to mock. Jeremy is one of them. 🤷‍♀️

It's not stupid.  People all across the world do it. 

I think it’s sad and provincial. And hilarious.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

After a quick glance I don't see it, but the clothes, IMO, are rather pricy considering they're more Old Navy or Kohls quality. Some of them do seem a little better than the dresses they started out with.

https://www.batessistersboutique.com/product-category/tops/?orderby=date&product-page=1

Their sizing is interesting and so is their ever so helpful size chart. I get the clothes are from China and the sisters are choosing from various manufacturers over there, but their sizes are hella inconsistent.  And then some of the entries look like they just straight made up the numbers.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
On 8/29/2022 at 12:00 PM, CalicoKitty said:

As someone who lived 3 blocks from one in CA, I can attest that it is VERY popular.  The drive thu line would wind though the parking lot and and into a very, very busy street.  It would block traffic for a couple of blocks.  I learned not to drive home that way during times near to meal times.  If you go on "off" times, it is much easier. Another one opened a couple of miles away, and they were hoping it would ease some of the traffic around the first one.  I like their hamburgers, and I find I kind of miss being so close to one.  There is one about 10 miles away, but I haven't stopped there yet.

They are very picky about who they hire, and everyone is neat, clean, and very polite.  (And the people running the cash register actually know how to make change!)

Ours has a line like that past midnight.  The prices are decent, the burgers are fresh and it is dependable.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

They wear shirts with local landmarks, local restaurants (yes, TO the restaurant!) and local attractions.  Some are new, some are vintage.  Some have local artwork, local festivals and local bands on them.  It's not bizarre.  It's not stupid.  People all across the world do it.   

I've found that wearing something local starts a conversation with people one meets elsewhere.  My Twins World Champion sweatshirt lead to discussions about the World Series and Kirby Puckett when in Philadelphia 11/87, and a Twins button in Boston in 9/91.  I confess I do it only when the Twins are doing really well.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

I live in a resort town, and people here wear clothing with the town name on it all the time.  People that have lived here their entire lives and people that are new to the area, not just tourists.  

And In-and-Out is a pretty good burger.  I ate there often when I lived in Sacramento.  

I just assumed they got In-and-Out takeout, and Jeremy put on the shirt to "advertise" where it was from without putting it in the caption.  

When I lived in New Orleans, I learned that most natives typically try to avoid the French Quarter. I'm sure it varies from town to town. That said, I suspect that most of those people who live in those resort towns don't play it up on Instagram or other social media the way Jeremy does. 

ETA: It took me a while to realize that BSB does not equal Backstreet Boys in this context.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Like 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Oh my, Jinger looks awful in that photo here above. I didn't recognize her. That girl needs to eat a normal meal. Sorry to post this but it is the honest truth. She looks awful.

Very disturbing, I agree.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

When I lived in New Orleans, I learned that most natives typically try to avoid the French Quarter. I'm sure it varies from town to town. That said, I suspect that most of those people who live in those resort towns don't play it up on Instagram or other social media the way Jeremy does. 

ETA: It took me a while to realize that BSB does not equal Backstreet Boys in this context.

I lived in Nashville for 7 years, it's the same with locals and Broadway. We would usually only go down there for a concert (the amphitheater, Ryman, and Bridgestone Arena are all in that area), or if we had visitors.

Edited by Turquoise
I forgot Ryman-shame on me!
  • Love 3

I consider Jinger and Jeremy long time tourists. I’ve never met a Californian call the state Cali. They do that and it’s like nails on a chalkboard. And San Francisco is not Frisco. Ugh. 

• Applause 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

I lived in Nashville for 7 years, it's the same with locals and Broadway. We would usually only go down there for a concert (the amphitheater and Bridgestone Arena are both in that area), or if we had visitors.

I lived in San Francisco for years, and stayed the hell away from North Beach, Ghirardelli  Square, trolley cars, Alcatraz etc. Locals don’t visit those places, and certainly don’t wear Ghirardelli Chocolate t-shirts. A have a good friend who’s lived in New Orleans for decades now, and he doesn’t go near the French Quarter. There are so many other wonderful spots that natives are privy to. I don’t think he’d wear a New Orleans t-shirt if you paid him big bucks. The only time my LA friends visited the Hollywood Walk of Fame was with us on our first visit. The dive bars were more fun. 🙂

6 minutes ago, SMama said:

I consider Jinger and Jeremy long time tourists. I’ve never met a Californian call the state Cali. They do that and it’s like nails on a chalkboard. And San Francisco is not Frisco. Ugh. 

THIS! San Francisco is “the city” or “SF” and I never heard anyone I know use “Cali.” So cringey.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 2
  • Love 6

Besides team sports attire there is really only two reasons local folks wear local attire in my area - it was free or its current/old work attire.

Most of the tourist attractions in my area and nearby areas are family attractions, so its likely you'll hit them all, once or twice - as a kid or a parent or both. Souvenirs, if purchased at all, would be for the kid.

But like I said above team caps and clothing is worn 365 days a year around here. The more I think about it, its probably unlikely to make it through the day without seeing some sports representation. 

• Like 1

Oh dear.  Sweet Son's older brother wears Disney shirts to Disney!  I will have to tell him he is incredibly dim and basic. He also wears Mariners/Seahawks/Husky gear (lives in WA State and went to UW)  I'll try and love him despite this.

• Applause 5
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

When I lived in New Orleans, I learned that most natives typically try to avoid the French Quarter.

We lived in Baton Rouge for over 45 years.  Avoided New Orleans if possible. sometimes I had a work meeting or event there.  It was always a "commotion" to get to and from.  Food in BR just as good.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Drive on down to San Diego and you can hear it occasionally.  I heard it on the local news last week.  I even saw it in one of the neighborhood papers the last time I was in LA.  The neighborhood is maybe 10 miles from Jeremy and JInger so they could have come across it.  I have no idea how long the newspeople have lived in California though.  

36 minutes ago, SMama said:

I consider Jinger and Jeremy long time tourists. I’ve never met a Californian call the state Cali.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

I've found that wearing something local starts a conversation with people one meets elsewhere.  My Twins World Champion sweatshirt lead to discussions about the World Series and Kirby Puckett when in Philadelphia 11/87, and a Twins button in Boston in 9/91.  I confess I do it only when the Twins are doing really well.

Does it ever lead to discussions about Emily Valentine from 90210?  ;)

image.png.6b5d2f6ef38fd62281b594caa39846a4.png

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • LOL 8
29 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Drive on down to San Diego and you can hear it occasionally.  I heard it on the local news last week.  I even saw it in one of the neighborhood papers the last time I was in LA.  The neighborhood is maybe 10 miles from Jeremy and JInger so they could have come across it.  I have no idea how long the newspeople have lived in California though.  

LL Cool J made millions using that nickname for a song that went platinum....

But he's from Chicago, so that probably just makes him a poser and a wannabe.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Besides team sports attire there is really only two reasons local folks wear local attire in my area - it was free or its current/old work attire.

Most of the tourist attractions in my area and nearby areas are family attractions, so its likely you'll hit them all, once or twice - as a kid or a parent or both. Souvenirs, if purchased at all, would be for the kid.

But like I said above team caps and clothing is worn 365 days a year around here. The more I think about it, its probably unlikely to make it through the day without seeing some sports representation. 

I live in a town with the name Beach in it and I haven’t been to the beach in years. I have an Anakin Skywalker aversion to sand and there are just too many damn tourists. Aside from an occasional festival on the boardwalk, I usually avoid the beach and surrounding areas.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They came across it in the same place they heard “next level,” no doubt.

LL Cool J made millions using that nickname for a song that went platinum....

But he's from Chicago, so that probably just makes him a poser and a wannabe.  

Have you lived in California? I did for over 15 years, and never heard anyone say it. 🤷‍♀️ I doubt the financial success of LL Cool J’s song had anything to do with its lyrics. Fans will buy anything. He may not be a poser,  but Jeremy most certainly IS.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Have you lived in California? I did for over 15 years, and never heard anyone say it.🤷‍♀️

I live in California now and have for decades and I do hear it occasionally on tv news, local radio stations, and once in awhile in print.  It isn't daily by any means, but I notice it because of discussions like this.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I live in California now and have for decades and I do hear it occasionally on tv news, local radio stations, and once in awhile in print.  It isn't daily by any means, but I notice it because of discussions like this.  

I’m sure there is very occasional use (just look at Jeremy😆). 

I lived in CA for over 60 years.  The only time I heard the term used was by someone who was not a CA resident, and they were immediately corrected by someone else.  Like saying "Frisco' for San Francisco.  I just is not done.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

In relation to locals versus tourists, it's definitely tourists who hit up Branson. Locals also stay the hell away from the infamous dinner shows. (There's a running joke about people asking you which show you like going to if you live there and nobody local ever has an answer because they would never go.) When I lived near there, the entire Branson strip was a no-go zone from Memorial Day to past Labor Day because the traffic was so bad. Once all the tourists cleared out, we'd celebrate by driving down the strip. 😂

More on topic, but the Duggars posting about Silver Dollar City constantly always cracks me up. I know a lot of people who go regularly, but they don't make such a big deal out of it on social media. That's the Duggar/Vuolo way, I suppose. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 6
2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

All this talk about California makes me think about The Californians sketches from SNL. Can you imagine if they parodied the Vuolos?

Babe, that’s next level!

My homies, let’s ball!

• LOL 11
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

I wish there was a thumbs down reaction available on this website. 

The site admins have been very clear about not having that. They don’t want that kind of negativity /bullying in this space. Sites like FB are pretty toxic because of it, imo. Use your words. 

13 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Oh, you only live once. Wear whatever the fuck you want, wherever you want! 

Sorry one of my dogs died last night and I was a little upset. 

I agree, wear what you want. But if you insist on sharing it with millions of strangers, they will have opinions about it. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

The site admins have been very clear about not having that. They don’t want that kind of negativity in this space. Sites like FB are pretty toxic because of it, imo.

Good point.  I've also noticed on YouTube they don't have the totals for votes  up or down.  That info is only sent to the OP.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Good point.  I've also noticed on YouTube they don't have the totals for votes  up or down.  That info is only sent to the OP.

Imagine getting 12 thumbs down for a post you make, but no replies . IMO it reads like bullying and taunting, not to mention that’s it’s cowardly.  This is a place for conversation. Tell someone why you disagree. Or put them on ignore. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5

🙄 🙄🙄

24 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Imagine getting 12 thumbs down for a post you make, but no replies . IMO it reads like bullying and taunting, not to mention that’s it’s cowardly.

I think a thumb down simply indicates disagreement.  I see no bullying in that any more than typing I don't see it that way.  It's very similar to the up arrow where we don't see a bunch of posts say yes or I agree.  I can't agree that there is anything cowardly about it.  We aren't required to document approval so there would be no reason to document disapproval.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, Absolom said:

🙄 🙄🙄

I think a thumb down simply indicates disagreement.  I see no bullying in that any more than typing I don't see it that way.  It's very similar to the up arrow where we don't see a bunch of posts say yes or I agree.  I can't agree that there is anything cowardly about it.  We aren't required to document approval so there would be no reason to document disapproval.  

If someone’s post got a dozen thumbs down, but no one commented to let them know why they disagreed, they might feel attacked and confused. That seems like middle school ganging up on someone to me. This is a place for discussion. At any rate, the site creators/administrators said that they didn’t want that kind of toxicity when the new emojis came out in June. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

If someone’s post got a dozen thumbs down, but no one commented to let them know why they disagreed, they might feel bad and confused. That seems like middle school ganging up on someone to me. This is a place for discussion. At any rate, the site creators/administrators said that they didn’t want that kind of toxicity when the new emojis came out in June. 

ITA.  I don't think it serves a purpose to merely respond with a thumbs down.  If you want to disagree, say so and why.  But honestly, I don't care to read anything contentious.