Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

10k views in 10 hours on the kitchen video. They're just not that interesting.  

Well, they only do a few things:

Concerts, family camp, golf, shopping, cooking lessons, travel, writing 2 books, skiing, soccer games, making podcasts, beach trips, hanging with famous friends, going on podcasts, personal appearances, Hiking, fishing trips, bible study groups, working out, Piano lessons, etc. 

But yeah, soooooooo dull compared to the scintillating Jill & the dynamic Jessa.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • LOL 2

IMO, all the Duggars' IGs and YTs are equally boring. I'm guessing the number of views relate to including the kids in the posts/reels and general popularity.

As far as lifestyle (not beliefs) to each their own. Well except Jessa's, as hers seems sad/boring for her kids.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Well, they only do a few things:

Concerts, family camp, golf, shopping, cooking lessons, travel, writing 2 books, skiing, soccer games, making podcasts, beach trips, hanging with famous friends, going on podcasts, personal appearances, Hiking, fishing trips, bible study groups, working out, Piano lessons, etc. 

But yeah, soooooooo dull compared to the scintillating Jill & the dynamic Jessa.  

Jinger is a nothing but a vapid, empty-headed Stepford bot. She has no thoughts or opinions of her own, imo. So no matter how many different activities she may do, it all falls flat.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 12
On 9/29/2022 at 11:53 PM, auntieminem said:

Interesting, I don't see Buble as a draw to fundies. I thought he was still Catholic maybe he isn't.

Buble was raised Catholic, but now says he's Agnostic.  That is probably more acceptable to Jer and Jing than Catholicism.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
On 9/29/2022 at 11:53 PM, auntieminem said:

Interesting, I don't see Buble as a draw to fundies. I thought he was still Catholic maybe he isn't.

21 hours ago, Notabug said:

Buble was raised Catholic, but now says he's Agnostic.  That is probably more acceptable to Jer and Jing than Catholicism.

Buble's religion is not his personality, though. Smarmy used to be, but he's grown a lot. Struggling to see the fundies dancing to his version of "Sway" 😉 

• Like 2

I've noticed that the fundy crew, when they tiptoe away from no music with a beat, tend to fetishize "old fashioned" stuff from the 40s and 50s. Buble draws a lot from the crooner era, so I'm guessing that's why he's acceptable (although the Rat Pack was anything but wholesome so...)

• Like 3
  • Love 9

Their close friend, Gabby Barrett, is a very successful country performer and her lyrics are ANYTHING but old fashioned and vintage.  As is her very immodest fashion sense.  

I don't think Old Fashioned has anything to do with it.  

I think somebody just hooked them up with the tickets, and they were game for a Instagramable event.  

No need to look for deep meaning with these folks.  

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

They also had some sort of interest in or friendship with Kanye.

It always seemed pretty one-sided and largely in Jeremy's own mind. 😂😂😂😂😂 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4

I find it kind of meh. I am one that needs some color on the walls. Maybe they’ll paint some later. They need a railing for the stairs too. No closet doors in some of the bedrooms. It’s 5 bedrooms. Girls will share a room as there are only two bedrooms upstairs and one is the master. Guest room, workout room and Jet’s office fill the 3 bedrooms downstairs. 
I would love to know how they afforded this house with how expensive they are(especially out there)and interest rates.  
 I have a friend who makes good money and can’t afford one and he doesn’t live in California. Everything in his price range are pieces of shit. 
Did they use Jinger’s TV money? I know it seems they lived rent free, even though Jer says they have been “renting” in the video. Even rent free, they don’t work. 

Edited by Madtown
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

How in hades can two unemployed nobodies buy a home in California, LA of all places?

Unless they are not planning on any more children their set up will not work if they have a boy. Do the girls get banished downstairs? So they share the master bathroom with the girls, odd setup.

It looks like they deliberately skipped the backyard. I thought I saw blue in the backyard. A pool perhaps?

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

How the hell do two unemployed grifters swing a down payment and qualify for a mortgage in this economy? I have to hand it to Jeremy. Whatever con he's running, he's damn good at it. 

Jeremy works at his church. He is the leader of the young adult/college age bible study. My guess is that since JB didn't gift them a house and they stayed faithful to his brand, he probably gave them a lump sum of money that they used for a down and the mortgage payment comes out of Jeremy's salary from the church.

Valley Bible Study

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Nysha said:

Jeremy works at his church. He is the leader of the young adult/college age bible study. My guess is that since JB didn't gift them a house and they stayed faithful to his brand, he probably gave them a lump sum of money that they used for a down and the mortgage payment comes out of Jeremy's salary from the church.

Valley Bible Study

He couldn’t possibly be making enough there to qualify for an almost million dollar home.

• Like 1
  • Love 13

One hour a week in the church basement is more like part of the DMin program than the full time job needed to make the house payments.  Another grifting mystery.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Valley Bible Study

I'm pretty certain that JB gave them the $100k down payment they put on the Laredo house. I doubt he's given them more.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

They actually bought a 3/4 million dollar home. This is insane. I guess they're staying in CA. Or Cali, as the cool cats say.😎 🤣

Well, he still has 3 years of school ahead of him, so they'll be there at least that long.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They actually bought a 3/4 million dollar home. This is insane. I guess they're staying in CA. Or Cali, as the cool cats say.😎 🤣

Is that what all the homies call it now?! 😂

• LOL 7
13 hours ago, Madtown said:

I find it kind of meh. I am one that needs some color on the walls. Maybe they’ll paint some later. They need a railing for the stairs too. No closet doors in some of the bedrooms. It’s 5 bedrooms. Girls will share a room as there are only two bedrooms upstairs and one is the master. Guest room, workout room and Jet’s office fill the 3 bedrooms downstairs. 
I would love to know how they afforded this house with how expensive they are(especially out there)and interest rates.  
 I have a friend who makes good money and can’t afford one and he doesn’t live in California. Everything in his price range are pieces of shit. 
Did they use Jinger’s TV money? I know it seems they lived rent free, even though Jer says they have been “renting” in the video. Even rent free, they don’t work. 

12 hours ago, SMama said:

How in hades can two unemployed nobodies buy a home in California, LA of all places?

Unless they are not planning on any more children their set up will not work if they have a boy. Do the girls get banished downstairs? So they share the master bathroom with the girls, odd setup.

It looks like they deliberately skipped the backyard. I thought I saw blue in the backyard. A pool perhaps?

No pool. The patio area will be nice for entertaining but the yard just looks like dirt. Poor little girls—no grass to play in. 
House is a nice size, kind of odd layout but I think it could use another bathroom. The 2nd bedroom upstairs seems small but they are little girls. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Is there a second bathroom upstairs? It seems kind of weird if the girls have to use the Master. It also puts a crimp in Jeremy having his prized double vanity. 

The house has 2 bathrooms, one upstairs, one downstairs. It looks like the master bath is only accessible from the master bedroom. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Around here the Vuolos house would be called a bungalow. If I had to guess, it looks like their neighborhood was built all at one time, with possibly 2 bedroom ranches. It seems most were added onto to make different sized L shaped ranches, maybe adding on a primary bedroom suite, but a few houses added on by going up - like the Vuolos.

Its a cute house, but the main living area is small-ish and likely feels even smaller because the ceilings are low.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I simply can't wrap my head around any of this math -- AT ALL.

Even if they have a 200K downpayment (100K from the Laredo house deposit + 100K profit from the sale), they would need a mortgage of 630K at a payment of close to 3K per month.

Who would give that kind of mortgage to a student with a part time job and a SAHM? Who would give them ANY kind of a mortgage? I don't even think most landlords would want to rent to them.

MacArthur must have arranged some sort of financing for them. That's the only explanation that I can think of unless Jeremy's family is MUCH more wealthy than they appear to be.

As far as the house goes -- perfect for them? Five bedrooms for a family of four? A workout room? 

• Like 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

Even if they have a 200K downpayment (100K from the Laredo house deposit + 100K profit from the sale), they would need a mortgage of 630K at a payment of close to 3K per month.

Who would give that kind of mortgage to a student with a part time job and a SAHM? Who would give them ANY kind of a mortgage? I don't even think most landlords would want to rent to them.

MacArthur must have arranged some sort of financing for them. That's the only explanation that I can think of unless Jeremy's family is MUCH more wealthy than they appear to be.

As far as the house goes -- perfect for them? Five bedrooms for a family of four? A workout room? 

Exactly this. I lived in California for years, including while I was a broke (single) graduate student. People truly struggle with housing expenses - many work more than one job just to afford rooms to rent. I eventually had to move out of the state because it got too expensive even to rent. Didn’t the Vuolos estimate their annual earnings last year during discovery for one of the civil lawsuits? This house purchase makes NO sense. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

No pool. The patio area will be nice for entertaining but the yard just looks like dirt. Poor little girls—no grass to play in. 

Yeah, they have that pesky little thing called a drought in California.  Even big celebs aren't allowed to cultivate the lush, green grass more prevalent in the central & eastern states.  Unless they want to pay huge fines, and some do.  But most homeowners have very low-maintenance, drought resistant yards for a reason. 

Kids are usually happy if their parents are happy.  And the V's seem happy in SoCal.  They have parks, beaches, playgrounds and amusement parks.  I'm sure their girls will cope.   

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

Yes, there is a major drought in California. If they had much of a yard, they wouldn’t be able to water it much, so this is probably best. The kids will be fine. Many kids in California are stuffed into crowded bedrooms because housing is so expensive. The kids in some of the apartment buildings I lived in used to run and even ride their bikes around the hallways, because that’s what was available. 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The income that Jinger stated was for the prior year, not annually. That was the year the book came out, so their income was higher.

So that would mean their income is usually lower than what they estimated in discovery? Then it makes even less sense that they could afford to buy a million dollar home. Not to mention astronomical gas prices, 2 pricey cars, food, costs of raising 2 kids, etc.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Jer, at least, seems to have become pretty good buddies with at least the son -- and maybe the father -- of the family whose house they've been living in up to now. THere''ve been various photos of him leaving and entering the church with them over the years. And photos and accounts of Jer having coffee with the son and them going out with the son.

ANd that family's in real estate AND they're major devotees of JM and hisinstitutions....They let Jer have the previous house as a donation to JM's cause, basically..... And they're major donors to JM  just in general. .Seems likely they've helped them work this deal to get a good mortgage deal one way or another, too. Maybe the new house is another house the real-estate guy owns/owned., even.... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2

Jeremy testified that he hardly made any money, but Jinger testified that her income (excluding Jeremy) was greater than $100K but less than $200K. IIRC, Jinger's income was way higher than that of Jessa, Jill, or Joy. I'm not saying that her/their income is steady by any means, but if Jinger brings in similar money she can afford a $3K/month mortgage. It's the inconsistency and instability that I find that is an issue.

However, their house is evidently just over 1800 square feet, which to be honest isn't really that much bigger than the house I'm purchasing in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It's not a big "mansion" by any means. In fact I'd argue it's smaller than the Seewalds' new house.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Jeremy testified that he hardly made any money, but Jinger testified that her income (excluding Jeremy) was greater than $100K but less than $200K. IIRC, Jinger's income was way higher than that of Jessa, Jill, or Joy. I'm not saying that her/their income is steady by any means, but if Jinger brings in similar money she can afford a $3K/month mortgage. It's the inconsistency and instability that I find that is an issue.

However, their house is evidently just over 1800 square feet, which to be honest isn't really that much bigger than the house I'm purchasing in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It's not a big "mansion" by any means. In fact I'd argue it's smaller than the Seewalds' new house.

My pay is less than $100K and I pay $2K in rent (low for Santa Barbara).  If I can do it, she can with making a ton more than me.  I don't have kids so no tax benies either.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Like 6
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The house has 2 bathrooms, one upstairs, one downstairs. It looks like the master bath is only accessible from the master bedroom. 

If they were older, I’d say put the kids downstairs & put Jeremy’s office upstairs. That way, it’d be a private/quiet area for work & the kids probably wouldn’t be getting in there making messes. 

9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Its a cute house, but the main living area is small-ish and likely feels even smaller because the ceilings are low.

Yes, the ceilings. I knew something else was bugging me. 

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think Jessa said her new place was ~1800 sf. So, roughly equal, just with very different layouts.

Jessa wins here. Her main living area is much larger and more open. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1