Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I have no idea what he means. . . What a try-hard douche. 

Jeremy is boasting: look at me I know famous preachers 🙄 and FOOD 

I am such a RAD homie dude and oh yeah look at my meek, obedient wifey 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 4
  • Sad 7
2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jeremy is boasting: look at me I know famous preachers 🙄 and FOOD 

I am such a RAD homie dude and oh yeah look at my little skinny wifey 

What is the “corn?” And yeah, no one believes Jinger took more than a bite or 2 of any burger.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

What is the “corn?” And yeah, no one believes Jinger took more than a bite or 2 of any burger.

He’s referring to the kid who was waxing poetic about corn on a viral video, it’s been set to music. Ginger is having her burger wrapped in lettuce, no bun, so she’ll probably eat it. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well if this McCaskell dude makes factually accurate documentaries, the Vuolos better watch out.

From what I can see, this dude seems pretty religious and he plugged the J&J's kid book on FB. I don't think he's trying to expose the dark sides of religion.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I have no idea what he means. . . What a try-hard douche. 

Me either, he wants to be the hero but he’s just a stooge.

and my oh my Jinger is sure trying hard to be a fashionista!  Snake skin shoes, heart shaped handbag, sun glasses propped on her head, large watch but the cream coloured trousers just aren’t doing it for me.

• Love 4
On 10/7/2022 at 6:29 PM, Tdoc72 said:

Jessa wins here. Her main living area is much larger and more open. 

Jessa wins? How? Her home is in Numfuck, Arkansas. I would rather live in a studio in CA than a mansion in AR.  Who the hell wants to live in Arkansas?

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

So he posted the pic where he’s the center and she’s got her eyes closed. 

Maybe JimBob gifted her with a bigger down payment, because with higher interest rates, that’ll be a mortgage payment all right.

7 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Jessa wins? How? Her home is in Numfuck, Arkansas. I would rather live in a studio in CA than a mansion in AR.  Who the hell wants to live in Arkansas?

Maybe the people who live there? From pictures I have seen there are parts that are gorgeous and a lot of very friendly down to earth people. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I googled McCaskell, and it's Stephen McCaskell a Canadian film maker who has made religious documentaries.  I don't think he's quite a legend.

Based on his IMDB blurb, it looks like he does a whole lot of contract work for conservative-Calvinist and other conservative-evangelical organizations like Ligonier and Samaritan's Purse. 

Guy handles a video camera for a living. That's definitely somebody world-class-suckup and aspiring fashion model Jer will busily suck up to. Hence -- "the legend." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Based on his IMDB blurb, it looks like he does a whole lot of contract work for conservative-Calvinist and other conservative-evangelical organizations like Ligonier and Samaritan's Purse. 

Guy handles a video camera for a living. That's definitely somebody world-class-suckup and aspiring fashion model Jer will busily suck up to. Hence -- "the legend." 

Jeremy probably hopes to be the star of his next film, LOL!

• LOL 5
16 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I don't berate people from living anywhere from California to Wyoming to Alabama, but Jessa's house is evidently in a part of NW Arkansas which has higher crime rates, so there's that. So Jessa wins in terms of layout, but not location. I'd rather that house be put on the compound than at her current location, as it would likely be safer. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

So I watched the video about the house and was underwhelmed. I like their other one better. The new one has a meh kitchen (when will the open shelving trend die) no closet doors in the downstairs bedrooms and no handrails on the staircase. How did that pass inspection anyhow? And Jeremy bragging about how the whole house was renovated. Maybe I've watched too much Mike Holmes, but that is usually a recipe for disaster. At least he got his coveted double sink in the bathroom. Which I never understood the big deal over. But overall the house is meh. YMMV. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

So I watched the video about the house and was underwhelmed. I like their other one better. 

Agreed and agreed. I think the other house had nicer finishes. I actually found the Zillow listing for the house they bought and the neighborhood looks a little run down. It sounds crazy to say that when we're talking about 800k houses, but that was my first impression. I don't think they're in one of the more desirable areas of Santa Clarita. But hey, home ownership is home ownership, right? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They're in Newhall.  Most of Newhall is a bit worn.  The house looks like it was originally a smallish 3 bedroom that had the upstairs added at some point.  

Yeah, that staircase wasn't original to the house. Without a railing, is it even legal?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Absolom said:

They're in Newhall.  Most of Newhall is a bit worn.  The house looks like it was originally a smallish 3 bedroom that had the upstairs added at some point.  

Absolom do you happen to know what the crime is like in that area?

it was mentioned that Jessa’s new home is in a higher crime area and I’m wondering how Jinger’s home compares.

7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Absolom do you happen to know what the crime is like in that area?

it was mentioned that Jessa’s new home is in a higher crime area and I’m wondering how Jinger’s home compares.

I found this on Wikipedia. 

Santa Clarita has a relatively low crime rate. The city's violent crime rate is about one-third of the national average and 29% of the California statewide average.[212] In 2020, the home security site Safety ranked Santa Clarita the seventh-safest city in California, specifically mentioning the low property crime rate. Then-mayor Cameron Smyth credited this to the "diligence" of the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station.[213]

Nevertheless, some of the poorer neighborhoods of Santa Clarita have struggled with crime. The apartment and condominium complexes along Jakes Way in Canyon Country (south of the Santa Clara River, east of Sierra Highway, north of the Metrolink railroad line, and west of State Route 14) have seen some of the highest crime rates in the city.[214] Gangs such as Brown Familia[215] and Newhall 13[216] are active in parts of Canyon Country and Newhall.

• Useful 6

FWIW even though Springdale is perceived as having a high crime rate locally, I think that is more in comparison with other NWA cities, so to me, it is a bit disingenuous to keep harping on that in relation to Jessa's house like she's living in a war zone. 

If you want truly dangerous cities in Arkansas, you think of Fort Smith or Little Rock. Not Springdale. On an Arkansas crime index, Springdale is ranked at 146. Incidentally, Bentonville and Rogers both score substantially higher on that list than Springdale, but nobody talks about them as high-crime areas. 

As I've talked about before, I think some of the perceptions of Springdale are skewed by class-based and even race-based prejudice. It is a poorer town than some of the neighboring ones, without the allure of being a trendy college town (Fayetteville), having a reputation as a nice place to raise a family (Rogers), or having the Waltons all up in their business to fund things (Bentonville). It also has a larger immigrant population than some of these other places. 

If you drive through Springdale, it does look scuzzier than some of the other nearby cities. But I don't think anyone seriously is worried about their safety in Springdale. 

What I know about California comes from The Rockford Files and Mildred Pierce, so I totally rely on those of you who live in California to talk about the merits of Jinger's new neighborhood, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is something similar for Jinger's home in that yes it may have not as good of a reputation as some of the other places and probably has its share of property crime, but it isn't truly a dangerous place. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 6
  • Useful 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Agreed and agreed. I think the other house had nicer finishes. I actually found the Zillow listing for the house they bought and the neighborhood looks a little run down. It sounds crazy to say that when we're talking about 800k houses, but that was my first impression. I don't think they're in one of the more desirable areas of Santa Clarita. But hey, home ownership is home ownership, right? 

I found it on Zillow (thanks), and it looks fine to me. The neighborhood looks like a normal neighborhood for a young family, and they are only blocks from a public elementary school.

It's not as nice as the house they were "renting," but that's hardly surprising. That place was a pretty amazing grift for those two. I think the owner of the "rental" made some agreement like "You can live there while you're a student" and then when Jeremy decided to go on to the "PhD program," the owner said "hey, wait, that's not what I meant" and they needed to find a new place.

I think it's a big come-down for both of them. Santa Clarita is not LA. The other house was definitely nicer and, I think, a shorter commute for Jeremy. Jinger has a lot of experience, though, in pretending to be excited about things she's not excited about, so she was able to perform for the video. I noticed that in the listing, one of the downstairs bedrooms was staged as a workout room, and immediately thought of Jinger's insipid comment about "we're thinking of using this as a workout room." It really is just very sad that they all have no imagination or original thoughts -- ever.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 7

Newhall doesn't look threatening to drive through or go to the DMV, but it has that run down look in many areas that make one go I wouldn't walk here alone after dark.  I'm sure there is a gang area and one or more gangs.  We've seen the tell tale unoccupied youths. 

We'd go shopping at the newer shopping centers in Santa Clarita before the pandemic once or twice a year.  It has fantastic suburban shopping as one big shopping center has all the main chain stores and in two to three hours you can hit all the ones you might need for pre-baby or Christmas shopping without moving the SUV or only moving to the other side of the parking lot.  It seems as safe in that area as almost anywhere in California or Arkansas.  I felt as safe in most of Newhall as I did in most of NWA if that helps.  I don't want to live either place though.  

• Useful 12
  • Love 1

I think all crime rates are misleading. Other than burglary, most of the serious crimes are criminal on criminal or domestic violence. Most neighborhoods are fine from sunrise to sunset, and some are places you wouldn't want to go to after dark.

If I was to worry about any of the Duggars it would be JD & Abbie. They seem to live in an industrial park. I could see folks with bad intentions poking around looking for scrap metal, tools, heavy equipment, etc. and not expecting to run into home owners after dark.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I found it on Zillow (thanks), and it looks fine to me. The neighborhood looks like a normal neighborhood for a young family, and they are only blocks from a public elementary school.

It's not as nice as the house they were "renting," but that's hardly surprising. That place was a pretty amazing grift for those two. I think the owner of the "rental" made some agreement like "You can live there while you're a student" and then when Jeremy decided to go on to the "PhD program," the owner said "hey, wait, that's not what I meant" and they needed to find a new place.

I think it's a big come-down for both of them. Santa Clarita is not LA. The other house was definitely nicer and, I think, a shorter commute for Jeremy. Jinger has a lot of experience, though, in pretending to be excited about things she's not excited about, so she was able to perform for the video. I noticed that in the listing, one of the downstairs bedrooms was staged as a workout room, and immediately thought of Jinger's insipid comment about "we're thinking of using this as a workout room." It really is just very sad that they all have no imagination or original thoughts -- ever.

Jinger is nothing but an empty Stepford bot.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Love 3
On 10/10/2022 at 8:55 AM, Zella said:

FWIW even though Springdale is perceived as having a high crime rate locally, I think that is more in comparison with other NWA cities, so to me, it is a bit disingenuous to keep harping on that in relation to Jessa's house like she's living in a war zone. 

If you want truly dangerous cities in Arkansas, you think of Fort Smith or Little Rock. Not Springdale. On an Arkansas crime index, Springdale is ranked at 146. Incidentally, Bentonville and Rogers both score substantially higher on that list than Springdale, but nobody talks about them as high-crime areas. 

As I've talked about before, I think some of the perceptions of Springdale are skewed by class-based and even race-based prejudice. It is a poorer town than some of the neighboring ones, without the allure of being a trendy college town (Fayetteville), having a reputation as a nice place to raise a family (Rogers), or having the Waltons all up in their business to fund things (Bentonville). It also has a larger immigrant population than some of these other places. 

If you drive through Springdale, it does look scuzzier than some of the other nearby cities. But I don't think anyone seriously is worried about their safety in Springdale. 

What I know about California comes from The Rockford Files and Mildred Pierce, so I totally rely on those of you who live in California to talk about the merits of Jinger's new neighborhood, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is something similar for Jinger's home in that yes it may have not as good of a reputation as some of the other places and probably has its share of property crime, but it isn't truly a dangerous place. 

Did this show always make you want tacos like it did me?  HA!  

I doubt Newhall is truly dangerous.  I am surprised they could afford that much for a house but good for her getting the life she wants.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I felt the need to confer with my old pals Merriam and Webster to attempt to figure out what that word salad is trying to say.  I'm still confused.  Righteous is an adjective that can become an adverb or a noun, but as a verb???? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

With all the Righteous, Righteously, Righteousness, Rightly bouncing around in my head all I could think of was “Right Said Fred” 

Jeremy’s bald head, pompous attitude and obsession with fashion fits the bill..

I could see Jeremy singing…. 🎵”I’m too sexy for my shoes, too sexy for my shoes, Nikes going to leave me, I’m too sexy for this sermon, too sexy for this sermon, God’s going to leave me…I’m a model you know what I mean and I do my little strut to the pulpit” 🎶

• LOL 22

He might be trying for a joke; there was a format a while ago where people were described as "The X-iest X that ever X-ed" (i.e. "the jerkiest jerk that ever jerked").  I wonder if he's trying to play on that, thinking he's being clever. 

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

With all the Righteous, Righteously, Righteousness, Rightly bouncing around in my head all I could think of was “Right Said Fred” 

I could see Jeremy singing…. 🎵”I’m too sexy for my shoes, too sexy for my shoes, Nikes going to leave me, I’m too sexy for this sermon, too sexy for this sermon, God’s going to leave me…I’m a model you know what I mean and I do my little strut to the pulpit” 🎶

Bahahaha! That was awesome! I sang along! Thanks for the laugh!

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video, seriously:

77D8BA21-3EFE-4FA6-B6BF-5109C3CF143F.jpeg

42D54DE6-2934-409D-AAFD-A000B6DE0977.jpeg

They are seriously awful at this. I assume that Jeremy wrote this since it tracks 1:1 with his ridiculous sermon title. 

The picture is awful and out of focus. They couldn't take the time to take a second photo? If they want to be "Influencers" they need to put in the time and effort to create a compelling narrative that people want to follow. No one follows them because they're interested in their lifestyle. They follow them because they're Christian and because they want to know when the next baby is coming.

I'm unable to believe that anyone is following them to learn about their Christian? candle/hat business, their children's books, or where they get their burgers. If they're being paid to show that hip, happening young people follow MacArthur, they need to create a cohesive narrative that they're hip, happening young people, not this incoherant mish-mash that they've been presenting for YEARS now.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video, seriously:

77D8BA21-3EFE-4FA6-B6BF-5109C3CF143F.jpeg

42D54DE6-2934-409D-AAFD-A000B6DE0977.jpeg

Did I miss "How many times can you use the same word in one short passage for no good reason Day"?

Does this mean that Jer actually wrote JIngle's post, using the same I'm-so-clever method he used to write his sermon title? Or that as a Christian weife poor Jingle's required to mimic the Preacher Man in ALL things, including specific dumbass attempts to be clever?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 12
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Rad Homie wishes he was that sexy.🕺🏻

• LOL 10