Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, SMama said:

Jinger and Jeremy are shilling that share cost Christian medical insurance. I find it hard to believe that they covered both births plus preventive care 100%.

I bet they don’t even use that insurance themselves. Liars. 

2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

1gj0or902eu91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&absht03c02eu91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

They didn’t write this. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, Absolom said:

The seminary has a regular insurance company that they use.

That’s what I expected. When I was in grad school, I had a plan through the university. It was mandatory unless someone already had coverage elsewhere. I attended grad school in California.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

That’s what I expected. When I was in grad school, I had a plan through the university. It was mandatory unless someone already had coverage elsewhere. I attended grad school in California.

So it’s questionable whether they are actually using what they are advertising. 🙄

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

My colleges stopped providing insurance and require their students to use Obama Care if they don't have coverage elsewhere.

• Sad 6
18 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I think those types of programs are suspect, but they probably do pay for prenatal care and childbirth.  After all, they wants lots of babies birthed!

They have strict rules regarding pre-existing conditions. This one says they'll cover conditions that are "controlled." Some don't cover them at all.

• Sad 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

CHM was all over Jinger’s post responding to comments..

Such manipulative scammers.

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They have strict rules regarding pre-existing conditions. This one says they'll cover conditions that are "controlled." Some don't cover them at all.

Covid is now considered a preexisting condition. Did Jeremy ever admit to having it?

20 hours ago, SMama said:

Jinger and Jeremy are shilling that share cost Christian medical insurance. I find it hard to believe that they covered both births plus preventive care 100%.

Well, I don't know about this particular group. But it's typical for many Christian cost-sharing groups to make case-by-case decisions after you've submitted your requests about exactly what they'll pay for and how much of a cost they'll cover or won't. 

So.... it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility for a group to decide to quietly cover a higher percentage of a service for some famous people they'd like to get endorsements from even though they wouldn't typically cover the full freight of such a service for some other people......ANd that could easily be information they simply wouldn't share with the famous people in question,....Just sayin'. (not that it's impossible for Jer/Jingle to be basically putting their names to a big lie in that post, either.....definitely another option) 

Various people aren't thrilled with CHM's decision making on multiple topics, including pregnancy and childbirth, according to complaints at the BBB -- 

https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/barberton/profile/health-sharing-ministries/christian-healthcare-ministries-inc-0272-124101648/complaints

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

Holy Wow!! Holy Wow!!

I get Jinger still has shitty beliefs, but HOLY WOW, it sounds like in this book she rips apart everything JB & M believe. Holy wow.

image.png.8df3bd695e62266f82f21021d7ce8da7.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 14
  • Love 1

I'm going to guess this book is respectful toward her parents and not a tell-all, but who woulda thunk, Jinger, of all the kids would do this?

Again, I fully realize Jinger is still Fundy, but this must be a big deal to her. I mean, she cried when telling her mom she was wearing pants.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I attempted to google the co-author (at least they're open about it this time). All I'm getting are hits on athletes. Maybe someone with better Google fu skills can dig up some dirt on this person? 

image.thumb.png.ce9cd9d5e07cf136fa58bb5a118929db.png

• Like 1

I do wonder what JB and M think about the book. I doubt Jinger kept it a secret until now. It makes me laugh at Michelle’s attempt to squash Jinger’s desire to live in a “city, please” by claiming she meant a town with a Walmart.

Then there’s Ben, preaching Online to a congregation of a dozen. He was most likely the reason Jinger started questioning Gothardism. She is living in a big city and has adjusted her beliefs. Ben is stuck in a remodeled home he doesn’t own, didn’t have a say in the remodel, living with a wife he can’t stand, and parenting feral children. Maybe it’s time for Ben to take charge of his life and his family.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Holy Wow!! Holy Wow!!

I get Jinger still has shitty beliefs, but HOLY WOW, it sounds like in this book she rips apart everything JB & M believe. Holy wow.

image.png.8df3bd695e62266f82f21021d7ce8da7.png

tenants 🤦‍♀️

Also from Amazon:

Jinger Vuolo, the sixth child in the famous Duggar family of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting and Counting On, recounts how she began to question the unhealthy ideology of her youth and learned to embrace true freedom in Christ.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Don’t underestimate the impact this could have on the Gothard sect, and people like Gil Bates. This book comes out on the heels of the anticipated documentary, so this is two fundie body blows back to back. 
I expected this from Jill but it looks like Jinger has more quietly deconstructed her childhood religion. 
I’m wondering if the brother in law is Derick rather than Ben? Jessa still seems pretty deep in the kool-aid. 

Edited by coconspirator
  • Like 7
24 minutes ago, coconspirator said:

Don’t underestimate the impact this could have on the Gothard sect, and people like Gil Bates. This book comes out on the heels of the anticipated documentary, so this is two fundie body blows back to back. 
I expected this from Jill but it looks like Jinger has more quietly deconstructed her childhood religion. 
I’m wondering if the brother in law is Derick rather than Ben? Jessa still seems pretty deep in the kool-aid. 

I doubt it was Derick. Jinger and Jill don't seem close at all. Not to mention, Ben set up Jinjer. It's definitely him. 

24 minutes ago, scriggle said:

Yeah, now she's embracing her headship's unhealthy ideology instead. 

Yup. Just went from Gothardism to Calvinism.

• Like 4
  • Love 7

Wow, I never thought it would be Jinger the meek who would be bashing her childhood beliefs. For the first time, I'm almost sad that the family's public presence has diminished so much in the wake of FF's fall from grace. I would kill to see the reaction to this, especially from JB and M (even if she's not criticizing them directly, they built their whole lives around Gothard being the One True Way, there is no way they'll be fine with a whole book trashing those beliefs).

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Two out of three sons in law deviated from JB’s dream of emasculating them. Based on the only successful emasculation JB should stick to to teenagers with fame whore fathers. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, SMama said:

Two out of three sons in law deviated from JB’s dream of emasculating them. Based on the only successful emasculation JB should stick to to teenagers with fame whore fathers. 

You forgot Austin. Definitely not emasculated. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I am curious to know what she has to say about Gothard. But not curious enough to spend 14.99 to find out.

Some sweet soul on Reddit bought a copy of JillRod's book and is reviewing it there. Maybe someone will do the dame for this, once it drops to a more reasonable price.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I’d hoped for a book by Jill.  She’s acknowledged openly that she’s been to therapy, was ostracized by her father for deviating in the slightest, was called a “tattletale” publicly at her wedding by Josh, had to go on Megan Kelley to explain away her brother’s molestations, and much more.  Jill seems to be more a real person compared with Stepford Bot Jinger.  If Jill had released a book, I’d check it out from the library for a read.  Jinger though, I can skip.  

• Like 11
  • Love 9

I really wonder what is going on behind the scenes. Maybe Jinger is now no longer allowed at the TTH, much like Jill. It would be hard to notice with the Vuolos living in CA.

I also wonder if any of the Duggars will acknowledge this book. The synopsis alone is pretty damning. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 2
12 hours ago, Absolom said:

I know people say Jinger is still fundie, but she truly isn't.  Conservative evangelical even Calvinism is not the same thing.  She has moved to a different set of beliefs.  

Can you explain this a bit?