Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

The description of McArthur practices, techniques, etc, is quite similar to Fundy Independent Baptist (type of church Duggar family attended at times, when they did attend formal services) that I grew up in, with the exception of requiring members to sign contacts.  The shunning and hardcore pressure is standard.  I’m not sure if I’ll read Jinger’s book to see how she differentiates them. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
On 11/12/2022 at 5:39 PM, GeeGolly said:

Does anyone else see the resemblance between Jinger and Chloë Grace Moretz?

image.png.424e93c8605d3c5f66edec511630d40d.pngimage.png.07cfb7efc15eedb3171234dfe76192e5.png

I can see that, although mostly in the eyes. Not the nose or lips (which appear to be more like Jessa's). 

Speaking of Jinger and Jessa, I've always thought that if you put Jinger's face onto Jessa's head shape, you'd have Christina Ricci.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

What could she have to say that’s worth $2.99 a month?

I prefer to think of it as $36 a year. 😁

Seems to clarify that it's really a small-to-medium charity contribution. 🙃

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
16 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

ij5prksuxzz91.jpg

I can’t even imagine how insipid a group chat centered on jinger would be.

jeremy is getting lots of negative comments about his most recent theological pronouncements, from religious and not religious alike. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 11

Does MacDaddy's beliefs discourage women from working outside the home? I get he thinks they're not worthy of having positions within the church, but what about outside the church?

I have no problem with a wife being the breadwinner, but then again, I live in the real world.

• Like 6
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Does MacDaddy's beliefs discourage women from working outside the home? I get he thinks they're not worthy of having positions within the church, but what about outside the church?

I have no problem with a wife being the breadwinner, but then again, I live in the real world.

I don't believe MacDaddy has any prohibitions about wives working outside the home as long as she is not the apparent breadwinner.  I suspect a wife being career-focused would be cause for snubbing her at church related events and whatnot though.  A side-hustle or a part-time job or even a full-time position in one of the more "womanly" professions like nursing or teaching would all be perfectly acceptable.  If a wife needs to work in order for GCC to get their 10%, MacDaddy would say she needs to work.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

However, if Jinger gets 2000 of her followers subscribing for $36/year that adds up to $72,000, if 3000 then $108,000.

And considering that those numbers equal about two-tenths of a percent OR LESS of Jingle's follower numbers --- that seems pretty darned doable to me. A SMALL fraction of one percent!

Surely she has at least that many followers who have some kind of big crush on her or who feel great nostalgia for her child self....or who are even haters of a kind who think, "This could be a hoot and 3 bucks a month is nothing, so what the hey!" ...and so on. 

The JVs really are getting MUCH better business advice lately.

Ridiculous as it is that Jingle of all people can make a successful business out of being a seminar-leader/party-host/whatever. "Shy and retiring, not witty, not much of a talker and utterly uninformed" is usually a bad combination for activities like that. 

IT's a brave new world with social media in it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 6
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't believe MacDaddy has any prohibitions about wives working outside the home as long as she is not the apparent breadwinner.

I think he is ok with the wife working as long as she defers to her husband in all things and turns her paycheck over to her headship who will decide how to spend it.  It's ok if she makes more than her husband as long as she gives him control over it.  If he tells her to stop working, she needs to do that, ASAP, too.

• Sad 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I think he is ok with the wife working as long as she defers to her husband in all things and turns her paycheck over to her headship who will decide how to spend it.  It's ok if she makes more than her husband as long as she gives him control over it.  If he tells her to stop working, she needs to do that, ASAP, too.

I think so too. After all, his megachurch is in California, where living ain't cheap. I think having both spouses working to bring in income is much more common than a two-adult one-income household would be. Anyway, the higher the total family income, the more McDaddy's church rakes off in its tithes. No way he'd shoot his organization in the foot by pushing a poverty lifestyle on his flock.

(I'm not saying it's the "prosperity gospel," but AFAIK he's not against couples using birth control, or people holding real jobs with paychecks. Unlike the Gothardites and other flavors of fundies, who're into the Quiverfull thing and keeping the wimmin at home and the man being the sole breadwinner. Which is a recipe for financial hardship, especially if the preachings discourage the man/breadwinner from holding an actual job vs. working for himself. Sigh.)

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

I get the feeling that MacArthur  doesn't really cares about making sure a high-earning wife cedes total control of her salary to her husband.  To him, it goes without saying that the man is the head of the household.  He's not going to investigate the inner workings of all of his parishioners' homes.  He doesn't need to because the ladies of the church are going to take care of that for him.  Women who buy into the patriarchal bullshit that MacArthur espouses are viscous in their own passive-aggressive way.  Families who do not fit into the MacArthur mold will be made to feel unwelcome to the point where they find another church.   

Edited by Ohiopirate02
forgot a word
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Love 2

My guess is they'll have about as much interest in sustaining this as they did their podcast, their candle business, and any number of their other abandoned projects. Hope nobody is gullible enough to pay for a full year. 😂

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 5
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

My guess is they'll have about as much interest in sustaining this as they did their podcast, their candle business, and any number of their other abandoned projects. Hope nobody is gullible enough to pay for a full year. 😂

This is a perfect venture for Jinger.  She can hook her followers and give them one or maybe two good posts before getting bored and will still get money from them.  A 3 buck monthly subscription is something people will sign up for and promptly forget about.  The dollar amount is so small, many will not even notice the money coming out of their accounts/cc getting charged.  

• Like 5
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

This is a perfect venture for Jinger.  She can hook her followers and give them one or maybe two good posts before getting bored and will still get money from them.  A 3 buck monthly subscription is something people will sign up for and promptly forget about.  The dollar amount is so small, many will not even notice the money coming out of their accounts/cc getting charged.  

True. But based on how royally they fucked up the returns for those stupid candles, I anticipate the inevitable subscriber complaints about this to be the gift that keeps on giving.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

This venture has the potential for making a lot of money, enough to sustain their lifestyle, without requiring that much effort on their part.  If they can't succeed at this, I would consider their shilling career over.

I suspect she'll do the bare minimum, maybe one post a week. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

This venture has the potential for making a lot of money, enough to sustain their lifestyle, without requiring that much effort on their part.  If they can't succeed at this, I would consider their shilling career over.

Except these are the same people who don't seem like they can even be bothered to promote their own ghost-written books until the last minute. The sheer lack of follow through is kind of impressive and seems almost willful at this point. 

• Like 4
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I suspect she'll do the bare minimum, maybe one post a week. 

If she posted a topic per each week, and responded to comments, she'd probably do OK, but if she doesn't respond to comments, she's done.  Add another failure to the total.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Her user engagement rate and her actual followers are probably vastly different numbers. Jinger has 1.4 million followers, and  a post of hers  that gets even 1,000 followers actually posting is rare. Her post announcing her book had over 1,000 comments, some may be from the same user. Her coffee announcement, 44 comments.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

...or who are even haters of a kind who think, "This could be a hoot and 3 bucks a month is nothing, so what the hey!" ...and so on. 

For approximately three seconds I took leave of my senses and considered doing this. Thankfully I snapped out of it.

• LOL 15
On 11/16/2022 at 6:17 PM, sagittarius sue said:

If she posted a topic per each week, and responded to comments, she'd probably do OK, but if she doesn't respond to comments, she's done.  Add another failure to the total.

I predict failure. 👎🏻

19 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

🙄

The tree needs some fluffing. You can tell where the top section begins due to the gaping hole.  

The middle part of that tree looks kind of like a Charlie Brown Xmas tree.

21 hours ago, Panopticon said:

For approximately three seconds I took leave of my senses and considered doing this. Thankfully I snapped out of it.

When you start thinking about purchasing Rodrigues merch, we’ll have an intervention. 😂

• LOL 21
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Jinger's latest recipe:

What a weird video. She didn't give a measurement of all that rice and didn't show the use of her packet, just said it was in there. She throws some meat on the side and I'm not sure I noticed what happened to the egg.

The rice is already cooked, so logically the protein must already be cooked too, because how could you now cook raw meat with fully cooked rice. Additionally wouldn't you want to cook your protein with the seasoning packet in order to impart flavor into the meat? I haven't even clicked the link to the packet, but I doubt it's supposed to be used in that way.

Besides her lousy knife skills, her motor control while using that slotted spatula was off. Of course it was the wrong tool to use, but she holds it funny and lacks control.

• Love 7

Putting the seasoning in the rice is the one thing I agree with her on making fried rice.  If you want seasoning for the meat, you'd do that when preparing the meat but you might get too many flavors in the mix.  I make fried rice frequently, but always completely from scratch.  It's so simple.  

• Like 1
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Putting the seasoning in the rice is the one thing I agree with her on making fried rice.  If you want seasoning for the meat, you'd do that when preparing the meat but you might get too many flavors in the mix.  I make fried rice frequently, but always completely from scratch.  It's so simple.  

But I'm addressing her video. She finished the rice. The meat and egg were finishing touches, thus the meat would HAVE to be precooked. I could see an inexperienced cook cutting up a raw chicken breast and adding it at that point.  She specificaly says you sauté your meat at this point. Jinger ain't much of a cook so she maybe she doesn't comprehend the steps in food preparation.

I finally read the package of her seasoning mix. And as I expected, they instruct you to first cook your meat, then add the rice and the seasoning mix. Jinger couldn't understand this?

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 8

Jinger has a history of not seeming to comprehend basic food safety principles concerning raw meat. I really do not understand why they are doubling down on her "cooking" when she is so painfully inept at it. Stop trying to make fetch happen. 

I used to also wonder why they seemed to eat out so much. I think we know why now. LOL Less chance of food poisoning, better odds of having flavor. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Yes, you do pre-cook the meat, or tofu, or whatever.

I was addressing using the seasoning packet on the meat only.  That wouldn't turn out well.  

I can't bear to watch Jinger in the kitchen.

I didn't mean on the meat only. I meant the meat should have been introduced earlier so it could benefit from the addition of the seasoning packet

• Like 1

At least she managed to tie her hair back for this one? 

Jessa has a video on her YouTube where she makes this same recipe (with the same seasoning packet). She used kitchen shears to cut the meat directly into the pan so as not to dirty extra implements 🙄

• Mind Blown 3
15 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I looked up the seasoning packet on Amazon, thinking there would be exotic ingredients, but the ingredients are pretty simple: shallots, vegetable oil, tomato, garlic, salt, and chili.  

The depressing thing is that for Duggars, those are exotic. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I make an Indonesian rice dish called Nasi Goreng. I do cheat and use a spice packet as I don’t use all of the spices enough to keep them in my cabinet. I’m addressing the part about the egg. My ex used to travel and work in Jakarta and we made it with the egg poached on top. That way when you broke the yolk it would cook into the hot rice and make it somewhat creamy. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2