Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They put the video up around midnight west coast time, and it has 15k views. They already have 13k subs. Nothing like Jessa's, but it might gain some momentum. I mean, Jessa's videos are crap, but she constantly gets over 100k views. 

Yeah, they'll definitely get followers. I guess this whole scramble they do with different "projects" always comes down to the same thing -- We have a TON of followers, compared to just about anybody else. How can we MONETIZE them? In the most passive-income way possible! 

These two ahve already found out that stores aren't passive income. You have to pack shit up and send it to the people who bought it. And if you don't, those people get pissed. Youtube's easier if you have low standards (as all the Duggars do). Just point the camera at yourself and blather or act the fool. And post it. They all love performing for the camera (even though they aren't a tv family). So here you've got REAL passive income. 

So I'm sure they'll make some money. But the followers who follow and make that passive money for them are certainly going to dwindle with time. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That was a podcast, wasn't it? Another long-abandoned "project." 🙄

It was. But the podcast had an affiliated youtube channel with the podcasts posted. 

Like this one --   (Jer, I don't think saying that your town is overrun by satanic Catholics constitutes "being kind like Christ," Not to mention a bunch of other things you've said (and preached and co-signed).)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2

Josie and Carlin Bates are likely making over $100,000 yearly through YT and influencing. I'm sure some of that is passive income, but the rest likely adds up to at least 20 hours a week of work. Like every week. I get that Jinger likely has little to no work ethic, but Jeremy was an athlete, so I don't get his shiny things syndrome. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 8
23 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It was. But the podcast had an affiliated youtube channel with the podcasts posted. 

Like this one --   (Jer, I don't think saying that your town is overrun by satanic Catholics constitutes "being kind like Christ," Not to mention a bunch of other things you've said (and preached and co-signed).)

Okay, Jer's been posting crap on the channel recently, but it wasn't getting a lot of views. Before that, the channel sat dormant for a year. This is their vlog launch. I just wonder at the angle since it can't be a family thing. We already see them eating and buying shoes on Instagram. 

• Like 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I get that Jinger likely has little to no work ethic, but Jeremy was an athlete, so I don't get his shiny things syndrome. 

My background is mostly with student athletes not semi-pros, but my experience has been that they can have a ton of hustle, but they need a fairly strict (often external) set of parameters and expectations. If you give them something vague (be an influencer! recruit  the millennials/gen z to our church!) they can get a little lost (and easily frustrated), especially if there's no obvious or immediate win. If Jinger had an education, or work ethic, or was allowed to boss her headship, they might be more successful, but, not unlike Jessa and Ben, I think they magnify each others' weaknesses.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 10
  • Useful 6
3 hours ago, coconspirator said:

Going to a concert suggests they will get to listen to music beyond classical or christian hymns/music.  So those kids are already better off than Jessa's kids, Joe's kids, or Joy's kids could ever hope to be. 

Joy puts secular music on her Instagram now and then for some of her videos.

• Like 1
(edited)

The you tube video was awful. I think. After trying to hang in there a couple of minutes, I ended up skipping around. I don't understand why they haven't been able to capitalize more on their fanbase. Do they have a manager? There doesn't seem to be any business sense to back up their ambitions.

The book was about the only thing they've done that wasn't laughable, though I don't know how much money it put in their pockets. I think the problem with them is that they always seem fake and/or inhibited. Their audience is on a perpetual first date with them awkwardly trying to show off their best selves. As long as they refuse to talk about anything of substance or show their kids*, these ventures will never get far enough off the ground to get them the STAR money they desire.

*I'm not saying it's not a good thing they don't show the kids, just that they would be better off financially with their chosen "career" path if they did.

Edited by canaanite2
  • Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, canaanite2 said:

The you tube video was awful. I think. After trying to hang in there a couple of minutes, I ended up skipping around. I don't understand why they haven't been able to capitalize more on their fanbase. Do they have a manager? There doesn't seem to be any business sense to back up their ambitions.

The book was about the only thing they've done that wasn't laughable, though I don't know how much money it put in their pockets. I think the problem with them is that they always seem fake and/or inhibited. Their audience is on a perpetual first date with them awkwardly trying to show off their best selves. As long as they refuse to talk about anything of substance or show their kids*, these ventures will never get far enough off the ground to get them the STAR money they desire.

*I'm not saying it's not a good thing they don't show the kids, just that they would be better off financially with their chosen "career" path if they did.

I think most of their followers on SM are Duggar leg humpers who only want to see their young kids exploited (even though they would never admit that’s what they’re ultimately doing). And right now the Duggar name isn’t very popular with most people    other than the most devoted sycophants. And Jinger doesn’t seem to stand for anything at all at the moment. She comes across as simply a bot to me. OfJeremy with no thoughts or opinions of her own.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, canaanite2 said:

They've had the same business manager/agent? for a long time that I think they still have. But he/she has never been very good. That's the person who seems to have kept "helping" them hook up with businesses that were completely unsuitable for them. Time after time. With predictable results.

Briefly, when things with the show were still going well, they had a really big-time manager because they'd signed with a really major agency -- I want to say it was CAA, but I'm not completely sure I'm remembering that right.....Some really major agency, at any rate.

The agent they had there is the one who got them the multiple (well, two, at least....) book deal. I doubt they would have gotten the deal with such a significant publisher without him. But after the show went off the air, they seem either to have left -- or have been dropped by -- that agency. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7
41 minutes ago, CherryBelly said:

In the civil case against the Police releasing the Josh Police report, Jinger and Jeremy said Jinger was earning 100-200k a year on SM and with marketing partnerships. 

Yea, no one can figure that out, because Jinger barely shills anything and she hasn't seemed to shill anything like a subscription which would bring in passive income. Some are guessing maybe she was including books sales.

If she's making $100,000+ basically doing nothing - sign me up and I'll quit my day job.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, CherryBelly said:

I think people really underestimate how much can be made on SM. Not just the Duggars but in general. I used to think 'not a real job' but having done a bit of research I've adjusted my position and think it's a job, just a more modern version than I'm used to. 

I totally agree, but I think one has to put in the work. I'm sure Josie and Carlin Bates make a shit ton of money influencing and in Carlin's case, also YTing. Jinger's IG over the past years and the year in question in particular, was very lean in shilling anything. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, CherryBelly said:

I think people really underestimate how much can be made on SM. Not just the Duggars but in general. I used to think 'not a real job' but having done a bit of research I've adjusted my position and think it's a job, just a more modern version than I'm used to. 

I thnk what I -- we -- tend to overestimate is the effect that just your sheer numbers of followers can have on your earnings.....Although I think that for people who don't do much with it, it's more like numbers having a big effect on your earnings temporarily. 

Hardly anybody has followers numbering in the hundreds of thousands. And even fewer people have over a million, the way Jingle does.

But if you do, then it seems companies will give you big bucks when they start working with you, just because your follower numbers mean it's possible they'll get a lot of exposure and sales from your followers. But if they don't see much return on what they're paying you, they probably won't go on paying you big bucks for multiple yars......

And something we don't know about the Vs is how far over 100,000 their earnings were that one year. It sounds like earnings "between 100,000 and 200,000" was a category they could pick from. So if you made $100,000.27, you're in that category.

And I may be dead wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure she was talking about total income for a year -- and saying that social media was the biggest single source making up that income, not the only source of that income. 

And we also don't know whether they could or did sustain that for multiple years, especially after they were off tv and their two book advances. were history...

.In future years, those two income sources were gone. And in future years, your social-media income might rise -- or dip considerably -- if the big income were an initial payment but investing big in you didn't pay off for a corporate partner.....

With their multiple income streams, there are plenty of reasons to imagine that their income hasn't been steady from year to year, seems to me. 

So I do think that social media pays more than you think for little to no effort on your part -- if you have over a million followers or even in the mid to high hundred thousands, like Jer.

But just because social media was the single biggest source of that stated one-year income, that doesn't mean that it provided the whole income. And it wouldn't have, given the year that it probably covered. They had tv and book income that year, too. Plus whatever Jer earns from his church job, and for the conferences and such as which he's been an invited speaker. I'm pretty sure a perk of Jer's being MacArthur's little darling is that he gets those multiple speaking gigs -- and gets some pay for them. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

With front end contracts, an influencer still has to fulfill their obligation. I'm thinking anything like that would involve more than a one time shill and that's where the Vuolos seem to struggle - their stick-to-itiveness is not very sticky.

Jing seems to have between 20,000 - 60,000 active followers out of the million that follow her. She, or they, could live very comfortably and then some, if they really made a go at influencing. Or course they would have to overcome having their sponsors contacted due to their beliefs.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

With front end contracts, an influencer still has to fulfill their obligation. I'm thinking anything like that would involve more than a one time shill and that's where the Vuolos seem to struggle - their stick-to-itiveness is not very sticky.

Jing seems to have between 20,000 - 60,000 active followers out of the million that follow her. She, or they, could live very comfortably and then some, if they really made a go at influencing. Or course they would have to overcome having their sponsors contacted due to their beliefs.

Yeah, I think that's exactly it.

I know for a fact that some people do score a big upfront payment sometimes just because they have a big number of followers. But that's just one time. If the follwoers don't end up producing for a company, then you don't get that payment again. And they won't produce unless you work at it. And, as you say, JV doesn't shill, and shill effectively. 

And Jingle hasn't been good at working it, either, even when she's tried. She's made a ton of shilling blunders. So they're not getting what the long-term potential of those followers could produce. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

How can they possibly maintain online relationships with vendors and distributors when at the very first sign of a partnership on social media, hoards of "Duggar Gatekeepers", bent on destroying EVERY opportunity they find for themselves, descend on the company sites?  

Every product most of these family members try to partner with, gets the viciously gleeful response from posters here & elsewhere to "Hey, let's ALL go bombard that company with SM messages about how horribly horrible and hateful everything is about these people and how nobody will EVER buy anything from you unless you ditch them!!" 

THAT'S practically a full-time job for some people on the Net.  We see them here. 

I'll criticize them & companies they hook up with, but I just don't have the time or need to do more than make a passing comment.  

Besides, these days, lots of influential people feel if you don't have a side hustle somewhere in Cyberspace, you're just a nobody with no ambition and no skills.    

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I've never watched (and never will) one of their YouTube videos. Do they have ads in them? You have to watch the ads for it to count for monetization. That's why adblockers are your friend.

Edited by scriggle
Damn you auto correct
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

How can they possibly maintain online relationships with vendors and distributors when at the very first sign of a partnership on social media, hoards of "Duggar Gatekeepers", bent on destroying EVERY opportunity they find for themselves, descend on the company sites?  

Every product most of these family members try to partner with, gets the viciously gleeful response from posters here & elsewhere to "Hey, let's ALL go bombard that company with SM messages about how horribly horrible and hateful everything is about these people and how nobody will EVER buy anything from you unless you ditch them!!" 

THAT'S practically a full-time job for some people on the Net.  We see them here. 

I'll criticize them & companies they hook up with, but I just don't have the time or need to do more than make a passing comment.  

Besides, these days, lots of influential people feel if you don't have a side hustle somewhere in Cyberspace, you're just a nobody with no ambition and no skills.    

The people I watch regularly on You Tube do something I'm interested in.  Shop, cook and share really good easy recipes.  Clean in way I don't mind watching.  If they have children they're not shown very much and pets.  One is renovating a home and that's really fun to watch.  They've already renovated their own home.  There's room decoration and one makes birthday cakes for her kids.  With Jinger and Jeremy, they seem to want to come across as young and cool... happening.  She likes to shop and he likes to eat at trendy places.  There's probably not a large market for them and when people know what Jeremy has signed and represents, it makes them less able to keep vendors.  What they show is pretty boring and even though some fans will still support them, they need to find places like Holly Lobby and Chick-fil-A to support them for ads.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 5

Some of the sisters - well now really just Jessa - post regular YT videos. Some of the Duggar posters on here wait for a recap specifically not to give them clicks. Jinger on the other hand rarely offers anything to click on, but her IG. From what I understand about SM, an IG click does nothing to line their pockets.

I still find her $100,000+ answer perplexing. 

• Like 6
37 minutes ago, scriggle said:

I've never watched (and never will) one of their YouTube videos. Do they have ads in them? You have to watch the ads for it to count for monetization. That's why adblockers are your friend.

I was going to post this exact same comment/question.  All this $$$ comes from ads and advertising so I also wonder what kind of ads are featured on their posts.  

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

I was going to post this exact same comment/question.  All this $$$ comes from ads and advertising so I also wonder what kind of ads are featured on their posts.  

As I understand it, the YT creator doesn't have a say in the ads that pop up during their videos. And YT makes it easy enough to skip them. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Pop not pip!
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, CherryBelly said:

In the civil case against the Police releasing the Josh Police report, Jinger and Jeremy said Jinger was earning 100-200k a year on SM and with marketing partnerships. 

But they weren’t sure, lol. Huge discrepancy between $100,000 and $200,000. Jinger seems in the dark about their finances.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

But does she bother to interact with those who are currently active followers? She seems more like Anna - she posts and even  asks her followers for responses, then ignores them all. Even active followers won’t stick around forever with absolutely no give and take.

• Like 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, CherryBelly said:

Could be. But they could be making coin. It's a bit puzzling to me, on forums that are clearly really interested in the Duggars lives and watching their content, why it's assumed they're so boring that no-one cares so they can't be making money? (Not saying you've said that, commenting on other posts).

This forum among others, follow and watch the Duggars SM and contribute to their earnings that way. It might be smaller in terms of the people that are implicitly supporting them on SM but it's still playing a part in their views and success.

I can't say I care much if they're making money or not but wouldn't be surprised if they are. In a way, so long as they're not exploiting others in MLMs, I'm not offended if Jinger or any of the other Duggar kids (Josh excluded)  make money on the back of their 'fame' being brought up in a cult and exploited as children on TV for years.

Edit for spelling.

I can only speak for myself, but I follow them here for the snark only, and I have never watched a single one of their videos, nor have I followed or even checked out their SM posts. There’s plenty posted here to snark on! I don’t want even one of my pennies going to them because I watched an ad on YouTube. I don’t think I’m alone in this.

i feel for them due to their unfortunate upbringing, but the answer is not to support them exploiting their own kids, imo. And none have renounced the hateful beliefs they were raised with, and that’s the bottom line. They’re now adults who want to take rights from others, and want to whitewash this as much as possible so they don’t have to work too hard for a living. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

What “influential” people are you aware of that feel this way? Most people I know work hard at 40-80 hour a week jobs, and many have kids to raise as well.   

And yes, as long as they hold on to their hateful beliefs and want to take rights from women, LGBT, POC and other marginalized populations, people will absolutely complain to their sponsors. And I applaud that, because hate and bigotry must be called out at every turn, IMHO. 

4 hours ago, wilsie said:

The people I watch regularly on You Tube do something I'm interested in.  Shop, cook and share really good easy recipes.  Clean in way I don't mind watching.  If they have children they're not shown very much and pets.  One is renovating a home and that's really fun to watch.  They've already renovated their own home.  There's room decoration and one makes birthday cakes for her kids.  With Jinger and Jeremy, they seem to want to come across as young and cool... happening.  She likes to shop and he likes to eat at trendy places.  There's probably not a large market for them and when people know what Jeremy has signed and represents, it makes them less able to keep vendors.  What they show is pretty boring and even though some fans will still support them, they need to find places like Holly Lobby and Chick-fil-A to support them for ads.

I don’t think even Hobby Lobby or CFA would partner with a Duggar or Duggar-adjacent these days.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Came back to add, that I do wonder if Jing has any idea what the average American makes and maybe she just pulled that choice from the bunch.

I agree. Apparently she just hands her tax information right over to her headship when it arrives, and doesn’t even look at it. Sad.

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

As I understand it, the YT creator doesn't have a say in the ads that pop up during their videos. And YT makes it easy enough to skip them. 

If they’re skipped, does YouTube still pay them?

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I agree. Apparently she just hands her tax information right over to her headship when it arrives, and doesn’t even look at it. Sad.

I don't know if it counts for an ad view to watch for the five seconds they force it on you before you can skip it. That might count as a view?

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

There are many ways to set ads. The user can eliminate types they don’t want to be associated with when they monetize their channel, for example. Besides actual ads, you can do a partnership and do your own ads within the video. Jessa has done this. You can also do product placement the same way.

I found their video boring. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

And yes, as long as they hold on to their hateful beliefs and want to take rights from women, LGBT, POC and other marginalized populations, people will absolutely complain to their sponsors. And I applaud that, because hate and bigotry must be called out at every turn, IMHO. 

Exactly.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I totally agree, but I think one has to put in the work. I'm sure Josie and Carlin Bates make a shit ton of money influencing and in Carlin's case, also YTing. Jinger's IG over the past years and the year in question in particular, was very lean in shilling anything. 

Yeah they are a lot of work, the Disney vloggers I follow post new content every day, same with the LEGO vlogger I follow. One of the disney guys' wife edits all his stuff and she put a good amount of work in their channel as well. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

The $100K that Jinger supposedly made is perplexing, but Jeremy also indicated in his testimony that he didn't make very much in terms of income. Not that I'm surprised by that, but it still astounds me that Jinger supposedly makes a lot. Supposedly.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

4 hours ago, Zella said:

Ad blockers are a snarker's friend. 

@Cinnabon and @Zellai love everything you post!  👏🏼

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

The $100K that Jinger supposedly made is perplexing, but Jeremy also indicated in his testimony that he didn't make very much in terms of income. Not that I'm surprised by that, but it still astounds me that Jinger supposedly makes a lot. Supposedly.

Jeremy wasn't very forthcoming, and I think I know why. He and Jinger likely get A LOT of gifts via his church as part of their effort to be the cool L.A. church - room and board, take-out from the hip L.A. restaurants, sports and entertainment outings, shoes, donuts, clothing, more shoes and more donuts. Their lexus might be on loan from the church too. He doesn't have much of an income. The L.A. lifestyle he and Jinger lives is thanks to "donations" from the church that is swimming in tax-free profits. 

Edited by canaanite2
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

What hateful beliefs or opinions has Jinger spoken about having? Serious question. 

If I had lost jobs because my employers thought that I was homophobic, transphobic, pro forced birth, etc, I would run to the nearest mountaintop to deny those allegations. I hate being photographed, but I’d hold a press conference to clear my name. When Jinger was fired from several jobs because of such allegations, she didn’t protest, she didn’t refute them, she didn’t say anything at all. She just ran away with her tail between her legs, imo. On matters that are paramount, silence is complicity. As Sartre said: “Every word has
consequences. Every
silence, too.”

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9

What hateful beliefs or opinions has Jinger spoken about having? Serious question. 

I don't know if Jinger herself has posted hateful beliefs or opinions, but she belongs to a church that regularly shoots them from the rooftop and her husband frequently spouts them. As long as she doesn't refute them or explain her own beliefs, it's reasonable for people to think she has the same beliefs. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11

A person who doesn’t have the courage to own their convictions is contemptible in my eyes. At least Derick came out and owned his transphobia. Still disgusting, but honest. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7

An excerpt from their book was  about Jinger changing  her views after marrying Jeremy.

What view was that? The definition of modest clothing for females. She said she studied the Bible and couldn’t find  anything that stated women shouldn’t wear pants. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Mind Blown 6
  • LOL 7

Here is some information about the petition Jeremy signed, again as a PRIMARY signatory along with his hero Johnny Mac. 

1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

An excerpt from their book was  about Jinger changing  her views after marrying Jeremy.

What view was that? The definition of modest clothing for females. She said she studied the Bible and couldn’t find  anything that stated women shouldn’t wear pants. 🤦‍♀️ 

And Jeremy's fine with that, otherwise she would still be in skirts. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She’s just like the Bates - wants to keep her hateful beliefs hidden, hoping people will focus on the cute kids, pretty hair, fashionable clothing, and other attempts to be “relatable “ to the heathens, so they can keep on grifting off of their fame, such that it is. Utterly cowardly, and IMO they are all wolves in “fashionable” sheep’s clothing behind closed doors. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 4
  • Love 7