Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 12/30/2021 at 2:42 PM, FizzyPuff said:

But how do we know that MacArthur will provide? What is he getting exactly out of Jeremy?

More social-media exposure than he'd get through practically anybody else is my guess. Jingle's 1.4 million on instagram, 600,000 or so of whom also follow Jer (well, I think most of those are Jingle's, anyway. I'm sure he has a few of his own)......

Like a lot of other churches, they're desperate for just some eyeballs, any eyeballs, in hopes that something about them and their people will appeal to just a few of those people...

And the numbers of followers they have because of the Duggars' tv shows are available through very very few people.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I have noticed that many fundie women like Jinger and Carlin crave coffee. Is it that they're not allowed to have any other substances? Idgi.

it always makes me think they may be darned lucky that their belief systems keep them off alcohol and other non-coffee drugs.... Because they do seem to embrace the one addictive substance they have access to pretty fervently. (Even though their belief systems may play a fairly significant role in making them want a little buzz pretty often...) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

it always makes me think they may be darned lucky that their belief systems keep them off alcohol and other non-coffee drugs.... Because they do seem to embrace the one addictive substance they have access to pretty fervently. (Even though their belief systems may play a fairly significant role in making them want a little buzz pretty often...) 

They seem to drink the same amount of Starbucks as some of the Wine Moms I know. 

• LOL 12
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:
On 12/30/2021 at 3:42 PM, FizzyPuff said:

But how do we know that MacArthur will provide? What is he getting exactly out of Jeremy?

I think the Duggalos are giving MacArthur an upmarket version of the Duggar's original "ministry". X Kids and Counting was supposed to show how great having double digit numbers of kids was. The Duggalos are trying to show that you can have a cool and affluent influencer life while still being a closet fundie (and therefore attending MacArthur churches and tithing regularly).

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I hope they watched CNN. Andy and Anderson were TOASTED by midnight. 😂

I think they were toasted well before midnight. 🤣 I cannot imagine the amount of shots they take. (Watched it on tape this morning.)

Somehow I doubt the Vuolos watch CNN at all.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

I think they were toasted well before midnight. 🤣 I cannot imagine the amount of shots they take. (Watched it on tape this morning.)

Yeah, they probably watched Seacrest. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Love2dance said:

They’re the only ones I will watch. I hate most of the NYE “entertainment” on tv. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, jcbrown said:

An Italian family and they don't make their own lasagna?

That looks like it's from some local place.  It has the potential to be better than whatever Ma Vuolo and family could whip up at home.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It looks like a church hall.

Yup, that's what I was thinking too. Jeremy reminiscing about after church potlucks.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

In my day, there was no such thing as a gourmet burger. Your only choices were a hamburger or a cheeseburger.

In my world, there are only cheeseburgers. I refuse to recognize the legitimacy of a burger without cheese. LOL But yeah I'm not sure I've ever eaten a gourmet burger. Jeremy's food choice that bothers me the most is actually those Earl Grey blueberry doughnuts. I hate Earl Grey. I still think about those things and the face he made while eating it and gag. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

In my day, there was no such thing as a gourmet burger. Your only choices were a hamburger or a cheeseburger.

My first choice is nuggets followed by a hamburger. I don’t like cheese on burgers!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Ah, yes. The big celebrity returning briefly to his home town and waxing nostalgic about his humble origins.

I am neither a big nor a little celebrity, and I can wax nostalgically about church potlucks. Can’t fault Jeremy there, even if he is pretentious. 😀

• Love 9
2 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I don't care much for Earl Grey either, too perfumey.  My preference is for Darjeeling or Assam although I usually have my Target Hot Cinnamon Sunset.

Yes it's the perfuminess of it that gags me. I love Assam! Usually I buy English or Irish breakfast tea. For some reason, the only hot tea option around here in coffee shops is usually Earl Grey. I don't drink coffee and I hate Earl Grey, and they act like they have no clue any other teas exist. That part of the equation may have triggered me even more than normal when Jeremy posted about his doughnut. I looked it up, and that's been over 2 years ago since he posted that indignity. Lol

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 1/2/2022 at 4:11 PM, iwantcookies said:

76251F9A-0084-496D-AAFD-161621D9579A.jpeg

045E12EB-F968-4C18-B53F-2608506FFF0E.jpeg

Big green salad and lasagna! Mmm yum.

Packaged foods.  Nobody cooks.. sad

On 1/3/2022 at 1:21 PM, MargeGunderson said:

In my day there were burgers (for the family) and sawdies - sawdust burgers the cheap ones (for guests).. Not my family but our neighbors.  and we had to walk a half mile in the snow when they finally put in a McDonalds down the hill from us.  THE PAIN!

• LOL 6
25 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Starbucks employee giving a dog whipped cream in a cup. Riveting.

Yeah it’s called a “pup-a-cino”. In the summer time I see a lot of dogs getting one in the drive through, or outside, there’s a Starbucks in my city that has a walk up window (even pre-covid). But perhaps Jinger had never seen that before. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah it’s called a “pup-a-cino”. In the summer time I see a lot of dogs getting one in the drive through, or outside, there’s a Starbucks in my city that has a walk up window (even pre-covid). But perhaps Jinger had never seen that before. 

My cousin who lives in Phoenix gets those for her dog. Her dog is spoiled btw. 

• Love 5
On 1/6/2022 at 1:00 PM, Boston said:

Packaged foods.  Nobody cooks.. sad

In my day there were burgers (for the family) and sawdies - sawdust burgers the cheap ones (for guests).. Not my family but our neighbors.  and we had to walk a half mile in the snow when they finally put in a McDonalds down the hill from us.  THE PAIN!

You fed your guests burgers with sawdust in them?  I'm going to assume right now that the term isn't one I'm familiar with and doesn't really mean you used sawdust as an extender for ground beef when you made hamburgers for people outside of your family.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

You fed your guests burgers with sawdust in them?  I'm going to assume right now that the term isn't one I'm familiar with and doesn't really mean you used sawdust as an extender for ground beef when you made hamburgers for people outside of your family.

It wasn't MY family.. It was our neighbors.  The father used to send us food shopping for GOOD burgers and, basically SHIT burgers.  The family got the good ones and everyone else got "sawdies".  It was just a step down from good burgers.  BELIEVE ME.  MY FAMILY WOULD NEVER HAVE DONE THAT.  

• Love 3