Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Jinger has managed to luck into the most sophisticated and fashionable bridesmaid dress that any Duggar or adjacent has ever been able to wear.  None of her sisters could have pulled it off.  That blushy-champagne color is gorgeous.  The bride obviously had no problem with Jinger's hair.  

And I think Jeremy's comment was sweet.  Yet again, a lovely compliment to his wife, simple and appreciative.  As NONE of the other husbands in the group can ever manage, or even attempt.  

If Jersey Shore can get an entire lifestyle brand and 4 TV show seasons out of Gym, Tan & Laundry, I can't see any problem with Jing & Baaaabe doing their Social Media bit with Shoes, Food & God.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Are the Duggars shown flying to California yesterday going to visit/stay with Jinjer? And Jeremy allowed this, after all he’s done to distance himself and Jinger from them and the trial, etc? This seems very soon to be inviting the kind of scrutiny he’s tried so hard to avoid. And there’s no more show, so TLC directives no longer exist.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Are the Duggars shown flying to California yesterday going to visit/stay with Jinjer? And Jeremy allowed this, after all he’s done to distance himself and Jinger from them and the trial, etc? This seems very soon to be inviting the kind of scrutiny he’s tried so hard to avoid. And there’s no more show, so TLC directives no longer exist.

They distanced themselves from Josh, not the rest of the family. With Josh's conviction, they likely feel they don't have do anything else. The Duggars aren't hanging around Josh anymore (because they literally can't), so in Jeremy's mind, being around the Duggars can't sully them. It would have been interesting to see what they would have done regarding time spent with the Duggars if the trial had been substantially delayed or Josh had been acquitted.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, lascuba said:

They distanced themselves from Josh, not the rest of the family. With Josh's conviction, they likely feel they don't have do anything else. The Duggars aren't hanging around Josh anymore (because they literally can't), so in Jeremy's mind, being around the Duggars can't sully them. It would have been interesting to see what they would have done regarding time spent with the Duggars if the trial had been substantially delayed or Josh had been acquitted.

Or if JB or Michelle spoke out publicly in support of Josh. Or complained that he was being persecuted due to their faith.  Jeremy wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole if they said anything publicly to indicate they didn't think justice was served.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I think Jeremy wants to distance himself from the whole hick Duggar clan. Not sure about Jinger.

• Love 5
Just now, GeeGolly said:

What have Jeremy and Jinger done to distance themselves from the Duggars?

Nothing, IMO, only issued a strongly worded statement decrying CSA when Josh was arrested.  

It seems like a lot of people think that several of the daughters, especially Jill and Jinger, are on the outs with their parents.  Other than Jill's previously publicized issues with her father, which predate Josh' arrest; I don't think that is the case.  If anything, I think they feel closer to one another for having weathered this storm.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I think Jeremy wants to distance himself from the whole hick Duggar clan. Not sure about Jinger.

I don't think that has anything to do with Josh, though.  Jeremy considers himself to be an erudite, sophisticated city dweller while he feels his in-laws are country bumpkins and that's why he is perfectly happy for any attention being related to them gives him but really doesn't think he has anything in common with them.  He's mistaken about that, of course.

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, awaken said:

He annoys the living crap out of me and I can barely stand to read this thread. Cannot bear his pomposity and materialism. 

I feel the same , I rarely look in this thread anymore

• Love 5

I guess what's boring about the Vuolos is the shallowness of their posts. Shoes, food, pretend studying, board games, lather, rinse, repeat. There is no apparent depth to these two. Book, website and podcast are all failures. Nothing interesting is likely to happen until JereME graduates. Then we'll find out what rewards all his grifting and sucking up will bring him. My prediction is it will bring more boring Vuolo posts.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm not going to say he's Hilaria levels of entertaining for me, but I do get some perverse joy out of seeing Jeremy's latest mindless prattle. It's so ridiculous that I sometimes find myself wondering if it's self-parody before I realize that, nope, he's really just that committed to documenting his meals and his sneakers. LOL  

I would love to take a peek at his DMs on Instagram. Comments from stories show up as DMs and can only be seen by Jeremy and whoever decides to comment.  Do his followers enjoy the endless stories about food and sneakers?  Or are they roasting him?  Do they even comment?  Inquiring minds want to know.

• Love 4
On 1/24/2022 at 3:45 PM, iwantcookies said:

CF2D22C0-0956-46B8-8955-E023CB4D3E7D.jpeg

🙄

pay attention to the sermon not sneakers 

what a Dingus 

My question is, who took this photo?  Did Jeremy instruct Felicity to crawl around on the floor to get this delightful money shot?  Or is Jinger reaching way down with her phone?  Or did Jeremy set the timer and prop the phone up against a stack of Bibles?

Whatever he did to get this shot, he was more concerned with how his shoes looked in a picture than in anything going on around him.  Gee, I'd sure want this empty-headed doofus as the pastor of my church. 🙄

• Love 23
On 1/23/2022 at 10:15 PM, madpsych78 said:

I like the dress. I also like that Jinger does not appear to be self-conscious about modesty. It's a perfectly lovely dress. 

However, I HATE her hair. If she is going to do the hair hanging in waves by the side, then she needs to have the rest of her hair pulled higher on her head. 

I like the dress too, I think the slip dress style looks very nice on women with more straight slim figures. I would've given the color a second thought for a wedding, its not white but its awfully close considering Jinger's skin tone- a shade or two deeper champagne would've been lovely. But if she was in the wedding party that must've been what the bride wanted.

I think the hairstyle could've worked as Jinger does have texture to her hair, but I don't know what the weather was like- and weather can make a good style go limp QUICKLY.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

My question is, who took this photo?  Did Jeremy instruct Felicity to crawl around on the floor to get this delightful money shot?  Or is Jinger reaching way down with her phone?  Or did Jeremy set the timer and prop the phone up against a stack of Bibles?

Whatever he did to get this shot, he was more concerned with how his shoes looked in a picture than in anything going on around him.  Gee, I'd sure want this empty-headed doofus as the pastor of my church. 🙄

It was a screenshot from his Instagram stories. I assumed Jeremy used his own phone. 
oh wait he doesn’t have Instagram. Guess Jer used Jingers phone that has Instagram.

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

It was a screenshot from his Instagram stories. I assumed Jeremy used his own phone. 
oh wait he doesn’t have Instagram. Guess Jer used Jingers phone that has Instagram.

If those are Jeremy's and Jinger's feet, Jer would have to be a contortionist to get that on camera himself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

If those are Jeremy's and Jinger's feet, Jer would have to be a contortionist to get that on camera himself.

now see that would make his posts so much more interesting. jeremy the seminary student and  contortionist shows how to get the best pics of your own shoes, your meals, the top of your child's head, etc

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 13
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

now see that would make his posts so much more interesting. jeremy the contortionist shows how to get the best pics of your own shoes, your meals, the tops of your child's head etc

It would be the most informative and original content he's ever done! LMAO 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

To answer my own question with a question.  Do you suppose that there is any chance that since the show is now cancelled, Michelle has no reason to keep up the pretense of keeping their "rules" of specific clothing, etc?  Or, have the rules only been for the show, and have she and all the children only worn used skirts and dresses for the show, but are actually more mainstream in their clothing choices?  I really did not think I would see a picture of Michelle out in public in pants.

• Love 12

Michelle in pants. Let this be the definitive proof that wearing pants isn't a sign of progress.

It's hilarious in what's supposed to be a TOTALLY not staged paparazzi shot, Michelle just can't stop herself from smiling for the camera. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Michelle in pants. Let this be the definitive proof that wearing pants isn't a sign of progress.

It's hilarious in what's supposed to be a TOTALLY not staged paparazzi shot, Michelle just can't stop herself from smiling for the camera. 

Yes, I feel like they called the paps themselves.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, auburn-waves said:

It’s a skirt over leggings, you can tell. Also I saw a pic from a other angle and you can see the skirt. 

12 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

It's actually a skort (???). It's like a skirt over legging pants. 

Is it? I'm bad at noticing details in pictures, but looking at it closely it really looks to me like pants. I don't notice the shape of a skirt, and it looks like the inseam is going all the way up uncovered. I think it's pants that are looser in the groin. If it is a skirt, it's much shorter than I think  Michelle would wear even with leggings.

ETA: it's a skirt. Just saw more pictures on The Sun site.

Edited by lascuba
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1