Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Considering the source, I think the statement is fine.  It is a strongly worded acknowledgement of Josh's guilt and a condemnation of his behavior.  The biblical references are to be expected and at least would be relevant.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

You would think Jeremy would know, that when referring to God as “he”, it’s supposed to be “He”. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Weirdly enough, it actually depends on the style guide being used! I'm not sure Jeremy thinks about style guides beyond what they say about fountain pens and pocket handkerchiefs, but uncapitalized pronouns for God do appear in some religious publications. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 3

I had wondered how hard Jinger and Jeremy would go with their statement, considering how forceful they were when Josh was arrested and when TLC canceled the show  (though the latter, I think, was a desperate attempt to get their own show). Not bad. Try-hard verbosity in full affect, of course, but they didn't leave any room for speculation--Josh did it.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, auntieminem said:

JB's head must be exploding, he is losing control. Jason is brave since he doesn't have a spouse to blame for him not getting behind JB's narrative.

Jason won't be getting anymore properties from Boob. I hope he has a few ready to flip and one to live in.

• Love 16
43 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jason won't be getting anymore properties from Boob. I hope he has a few ready to flip and one to live in.

He’s probably on his way to Hilaria’s right now.

30 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

It could be very interesting to see what happens with some of the LLCs and properties in the next few months. 

Does Boob have any money left to pay for his lawyers to move stuff around?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Here’s the problem that I have with their statement:  They talk about how much God loves children yet He, who is all-knowing, all-powerful and is able to control everything in the Universe, allows these atrocities against children to continue.  That alone is why many people want nothing to do with a god who continues to allow crimes against children.  I wish Jeremy would’ve addressed that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17

I mentioned this over in the Smuggar topic since it focused on the verdict, but will also note it here. Jason posted an Instagram story with a screenshot of Jeremy's IG statement and the comment "Well said @Jeremy Vuolo." That's big.

Also, I have read that the statement that they fear for Josh's soul, is dynamite in the evangelical world. A serious burn. The reasoning is that if you've been saved by Jesus, then your soul is fine no matter what evil you do in this life. If they are fearing for his soul, that implies they doubt he was actually saved at all, or something. But it puts him outside the circle of people who have been saved by the correct Jesus and thus are real Christians. If true: they are NOT marching to Boob's tune. Heh.

• Love 19
10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Here’s the problem that I have with their statement:  They talk about how much God loves children yet He, who is all-knowing, all-powerful and is able to control everything in the Universe, allows these atrocities against children to continue.  That alone is why many people want nothing to do with a god who continues to allow crimes against children.  I wish Jeremy would’ve addressed that.

Great points. Jeremy won't ever address them, of course, in my opinion. Or even give it a second's thought, frankly.

He likes what this version of religion gives him -- He gets to be a patriarch, tell everybody else how it is and what to do, and run the show -- for a salary! .....

And despite what his statement on Josh sort of suggests about him possibly having concern for children, at least, I've never seem him express or demonstrate any actual empathy whatsoever for anyone who suffers from these or other harms and troubles. So my guess is that he'll never ask about the logic or the fairness of any part of the scheme under which he personally prospers and plans to prosper forever. 

I suppose that as long as he finds people who are as content as he is with an "I've got mine" religion, he'll be able to preach to them successfully and they won't care about the big questions either. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And despite what his statement on JOsh sort of suggests about him possibly having concern for children, at least, I've never seem him express or demonstrate any actual empathy whatsoever for anyone who suffers from these or other harms and troubles. So my guess is that he'll never ask about the logic or the fairness of any part of the scheme under which he personally prospers and plans to prosper forever. 

The only reason I can't call Jeremy the most self-centered member of this group is because this group also includes Josh and Jim Bob. 

Even this statement emphasizes OMG THE BRAND IS TARNISHED TARNISHED I TELL YOU which, ok, true, and absolutely a problem for him since it definitely puts a roadblock into his climb for fame/fortune (searches, can't find a violin small enough, sorry), but for me, at least, not even in the top 20 of the problems here.

• Love 13
On 12/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, Zella said:

The more I read it, the more oddly fascinating it is. Like, it's not an elegant statement at all and ends up getting in its own way. But it's waaaay more strongly worded than I ever expected it to be. 

Jeremy does really like to condemn people. In his Laredo sermons, the condemnation is the only place where he really took off in stirring up everybody's emotions. The rest of the time he was boring and sounded as if he was bored himself. 

And, like a lot of pastors, he carefully limited the things he condemned to "sins" that the people in front of him either feel confident they're personally innocent of -- like being a Catholic or being understanding to two gay people who'd like to marry each other -- or that they don't feel innocent of and actually hate in themselves -- like feeling same-sex attraction or gender dysphoria.

I think to at least some extent the Josh statement taps into the same vein. It's easy to really lay on the strong rhetoric when it comes to sins and crimes you're not even tempted to commit and that you figure few people reading or hearing you will be tempted to commit either. Ones that most everybody considers beyond the pale -- ones that many of us involuntarily and viscerally recoil from. Jer clearly enjoys strenuously condemning pariahs as sinners, and with pedophiles he's got a group of people who are pariahs for almost everybody. 

That's not to say that those crimes don't deserve strong condemnation. But it's a million times easier to loudly condemn those than to loudly condemn the many kinds of very wrong things we ourselves may actually be tempted to do. I doubt Jer will ever in his life rev up a really strong condemnation for sins of that kind. Because the audience won't thrill to hear it and he won't thrill to pronounce it. 

But we can all thrill to loud condemnation of Josh.  

EMLTA: To see how much Jer likes using very hot negative rhetoric against the sins of pariahs, here's his language from a Laredo sermon about people who call themselves Christians but nevertheless express sympathy and tolerance for gay people's who want to marry. They're destroying society and directly challenging God himself, according to Jer --

Here's some of his language on the topic of people who are false Christians because they're gay-marriage sympathizers, It's kinda garbled rhetoric, and he delivered it with a lot of heat -- "All you have to do is look at the sexual revolution pressuring them, and they cave in to a worldview that rejects God's truth and embraces popular opinion. Do you want to see the gun? Do you want to see the threatening of being burned alive? ... Look at the revolution of popular thought. Look at the postmodernism of today's culture. Look at the sexual revolution. Look at the false idea of tolerance. Look at the false definition of love."

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Great points. Jeremy won't ever address them, of course, in my opinion. Or even give it a second's thought, frankly.

He likes what this version of religion gives him -- He gets to be a patriarch, tell everybody else how it is and what to do, and run the show -- for a salary! .....

And despite what his statement on Josh sort of suggests about him possibly having concern for children, at least, I've never seem him express or demonstrate any actual empathy whatsoever for anyone who suffers from these or other harms and troubles. So my guess is that he'll never ask about the logic or the fairness of any part of the scheme under which he personally prospers and plans to prosper forever. 

I suppose that as long as he finds people who are as content as he is with an "I've got mine" religion, he'll be able to preach to them successfully and they won't care about the big questions either. 

THIS. 

• Love 3

Bringing this discussion over from Joy and Austin's thread concerning when Josh visited the Vuolos with other relatives in California. How many people came to visit? The fact an RV was involved makes me wonder if the "we don't have enough space for everyone" argument was evoked, possibly as a way to dodge the Josh bullet, and the RV was the solution.

Ultimately, I've always thought Jeremy was one of those people who has a compulsive desire to be liked. I think it explains a lot of his social media presence, and it's a big part of why I've never seen him as some sort of defiant thorn in his in-laws' sides. I don't think Jeremy really likes his in-laws and I doubt they are overly fond of him, but I also think he's more likely to express it in really passive-aggressive ways. And I think he was also terrified of turning off the reality TV show gravy train, so it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't happy about the visit but was unwilling to put his foot down and say Josh wasn't welcome in his house. 

• Love 19

I think the Duggars/Duggars visited the Vuolos in 2019, a couple of months before the raid. If I'm remembering correctly the 'Josh family' was road tripping and some of the 'JB family' flew in to meet them part way to LA.

I agree with @Zella, there's no love lost between Jeremy and JB, but I think it was due to a 'rough start'. Two bumbling fools who couldn't get their egos out of the way. I never got the impression that Jeremy had a problem with any of the other Duggars, including Josh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the Duggars/Duggars visited the Vuolos in 2019, a couple of months before the raid. If I'm remembering correctly the 'Josh family' was road tripping and some of the 'JB family' flew in to meet them part way to LA.

I agree with @Zella, there's no love lost between Jeremy and JB, but I think it was due to a 'rough start'. Two bumbling fools who couldn't get their egos out of the way. I never got the impression that Jeremy had a problem with any of the other Duggars, including Josh.

Did the trip to LA by all those Duggars coincide with TLC shooting some footage for the show? If so, all the more reason for Jeremy to keep sweet with his in-laws as much as possible.

I also don't recall Jer getting crosswise with any Duggar except JB. Jer and Jinger have always lived far enough from the TTH to make it fairly easy to avoid conflicts with family members. Jer could tolerate the Smugs' RV in his driveway for a visit or two even if he didn't like Josh all that much, just as I'm sure he can tolerate visits with his in-laws in general. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Did the trip to LA by all those Duggars coincide with TLC shooting some footage for the show? If so, all the more reason for Jeremy to keep sweet with his in-laws as much as possible.

I also don't recall Jer getting crosswise with any Duggar except JB. Jer and Jinger have always lived far enough from the TTH to make it fairly easy to avoid conflicts with family members. Jer could tolerate the Smugs' RV in his driveway for a visit or two even if he didn't like Josh all that much, just as I'm sure he can tolerate visits with his in-laws in general. 

If TLC filmed it, I don't think it was aired. I just remember a lot of posts. Maybe a couple in TX and many from LA, including the Brady house and the Hollywood sign.

image.png.ada40e08707bc655c13e38124f5b6bc0.png

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If TLC filmed it, I don't think it was aired. I just remember a lot of posts. Maybe a couple in TX and many from LA, including the Brady house and the Hollywood sign.

image.png.ada40e08707bc655c13e38124f5b6bc0.png

God, Michelle traipsing through Hollywood in that stiff denim hot skirt just makes me laugh!  And look, she is matching JB!  Yuck.

• LOL 11
15 minutes ago, louannems said:

God, Michelle traipsing through Hollywood in that stiff denim hot skirt just makes me laugh!  And look, she is matching JB!  Yuck.

Should any of them know who the Bradys were? Lots of NIKE... tight miniskirts,  low-rise pants on the Brady boys, dating plot lines, dancing, singing pop songs, Davy Jones, etc....

JB and Mullet in that pic.....so so disturbing with the matching Sears outfits. And Mullet has pulled her mullet all to one side like the Disney princess that she is.

Are the JGirls wearing double skirts?

Ugh.

Edited by drafan
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, drafan said:

Should any of them know who the Bradys were? Lots of NIKE... tight miniskirts,  low-rise pants on the Brady boys, dating plot lines, dancing, singing pop songs, Davy Jones, etc....

JB and Mullet in that pic.....so so disturbing with the matching Sears outfits. And Mullet has pulled her mullet all to one side like the Disney princess that she is.

Ugh.

Don't forget the fishnets under their mini skirts!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 12/11/2021 at 6:10 AM, Jeeves said:

The reasoning is that if you've been saved by Jesus, then your soul is fine no matter what evil you do in this life. 

i disagree with this completely. my belief system says that when you are 'saved', you belong to Jesus and your soul is His. it does NOT AT ALL say that you can still keep on sinning over and over and spew evil in the world. the expectation is your soul will want to change your behavior after you give it to the Lord.  of course, all of us have free will and choose to do what we want in any given situation. but if you have the Lord in your heart, you make smarter choices and try not to do wrong or evil.  Jesus on his throne will be the judge of if we are deserving of heaven or not....not just because we say we are believers. 

josh may have been so force-fed religion that he faked his relationship with God. i dont know - its not my place. but i will stand on the fact that Jesus does not let us get by with sin if we pretended to be sorry. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, zoomama said:

josh may have been so force-fed religion that he faked his relationship with God. i dont know - its not my place. but i will stand on the fact that Jesus does not let us get by with sin if we pretended to be sorry. 

Anyone pretending to be sorry doesn't actually have a relationship with god. BUT, they do know the special language to use to convince other like-minded xtians that they have begged for forgiveness and are one in the spirit. 

In Pervert's case, most of upper Gotharddom is filled with liars and hypocrites who were/are more concerned with image and profit than the state of Pest's soul. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Just in time for the next big Covid wave in California. Someone should tell them about all of the kids who have lost one or both parents. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-12-17/california-warned-of-coming-omnicron-wave?_amp=true

Verifiably, they do know at least one person from the church who died way too young from the disease, and it's very likely they have some acquaintance with a few more church and seminary casualties too. They also verifiably know immediate-family members of one of the dead. 

Apparently that knowledge doesn't increase anybody's common sense or concern for the vulnerable in one's family and community, though. I really don't get it. 

• Love 3
On 12/13/2021 at 12:40 PM, drafan said:

Ugh.

I’ll betcha MEchelle is wearing support hose with the sandals.

• LOL 6

Jinger usually has great shoes.  And since Jeremy is so tall, she can sport the gorgeous stiletto heels she likes.  

She had the adorable multi-colored spikes under her wedding dress, the hot pink strappy heels with white jeans for a movie premier.  Pumps like these are classic and look great with that dress, since they aren't matchy-matchy.

I think Jeremy looks very handsome.  There's not a single other Duggar adjacent, or family member, that can pull off the turtleneck under the sport coat.    

• Love 11