Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I like that picture more than anything because we didn’t get a  silly teasing picture not showing the girls. Stand on your own if you think you are deserving of making it as influencers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

No posts for Jinger’s  birthday yesterday, except a happy birthday from a friend in Jinger’s stories. Nothing from Jeremy, or her parents.

Damn. Ordinarily I'd just think maybe they'd moved their birthday wishes to a more private form of communication, like a text, but with this crowd, that seems like a really pointed snub. What's JereMe's excuse?

• Useful 7
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Just came here to post that like us, Jinger's family forgot her birthday. KJ seems to think she's shunned, but I see no evidence of that.

Duggars: "There's a Jinger?"

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

JereME probably got that woman to do another portrait of Jinger and Evy to match the one of Jinger and Felicity.  He can't post anything until he has the portrait to post because he wants to make sure it is something to make him look important.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Damn. Ordinarily I'd just think maybe they'd moved their birthday wishes to a more private form of communication, like a text, but with this crowd, that seems like a really pointed snub. What's JereMe's excuse?

He's probably just pissy that he's got such a massive backlog of cheeseburger pics that he can't even make sense of what order to post them in once he feels like he's got the social media All Clear, and he's taking it out on Jinger's birthday post.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Lisa418722 said:

JereME probably got that woman to do another portrait of Jinger and Evy to match the one of Jinger and Felicity.  He can't post anything until he has the portrait to post because he wants to make sure it is something to make him look important.  

He could still have put together some "My wife is so godly" sermon masquerading as a birthday wish like he's done before. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Just came here to post that like us, Jinger's family forgot her birthday. KJ seems to think she's shunned, but I see no evidence of that.

Jana has her own problems plus Boob doesn't want to update the Duggar family social media for mundane things like happy birthday wishes for one of the families that came out strongly against the golden child. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I actually do hope that Jeremy is doing something nice for Jinger for her birthday.  I can totally see him being the kind of jerkwad that takes out his frustrations on his meek wife, blaming her for the fact that his steady stream of Instacrap had to take a holiday and worrying that everyone will forget about him in his absence.

• Love 10

The adult TTH residents are going through some things. Jason was smart and sought refuge with Justin’s new mom and family. 
We have suspected for a long time that Jana runs the family’s SM account (as well as the household) and she must be distracted. Jana is used to gather attention with rumors of courting. This is the first time she’s had negative publicity.

If JB and Michele really cared (not going to even try love) their children they would be taking a permanent hiatus from SM. Since they don’t they are probably licking their self inflicted wounds, and plotting a redemption return to the limelight. 

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

KJ seems to think she's shunned, but I see no evidence of that.

KJ should really keep her thoughts to herself.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, SMama said:

Since they don’t they are probably licking their self inflicted wounds, and plotting a redemption return to the limelight. 

Jim Bob Thinking He's Crafty Like a Bond Villain: "I know how I'll regain power and esteem! My Branson museum!"

• LOL 18
8 minutes ago, Zella said:

Jim Bob Thinking He's Crafty Like a Bond Villain: "I know how I'll regain power and esteem! My Branson museum!"

I have been very disappointed by our (Americans) short memories regarding scandals. Most of us here are outliers because we just don’t forget.

I am curious as to your thoughts about JB and Michele making a comeback. I’d like to think a convicted pedophile is where most people draw the line. I’m not sure it matters to more people than I’d like to think. 

On topic: I really hope Jeremy did something really extravagant for Jinger, she enjoyed it, and they are keeping the celebration private. 

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
22 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I actually do hope that Jeremy is doing something nice for Jinger for her birthday.  I can totally see him being the kind of jerkwad that takes out his frustrations on his meek wife, blaming her for the fact that his steady stream of Instacrap had to take a holiday and worrying that everyone will forget about him in his absence.

News flash, Jerm. Nobody gives a crap about you even when you do post!

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

I have been very disappointed by our (Americans) short memories regarding scandals. Most of us here are outliers because we just don’t forget.

I am curious as to your thoughts about JB and Michele making a comeback. I’d like to think a convicted pedophile is where most people draw the line. I’m not sure it matters to more people than I’d like to think. 

I'm trying to recover from my self-inflicted mental image of Jim Bob using the TTH as a Bond villain lair. LOL That will live rent-free in my head for a while. 

My guess is that Jim Bob is delusional enough to attempt a comeback. But I think that he's going to have a much harder time appealing to people outside of his own wacked-out circle. This is something that I think some of the kids are vaguely aware of, even if they are inept at addressing it. (See Jeremy and Jinger trying very hard to appear more mainstream than their beliefs are.)

Pre-scandal, even people who didn't like the Duggars or their beliefs were maybe willing to overlook that and buy the wholesome veneer. That's a lot harder to do when your golden child has had numerous sex scandals involving both children and relatives and you've been outed in a court of law as not only not credible but also as protecting him over your other kids. 

It will be interesting to see how all the Duggars try to navigate this in their social media. But the fact remains that their brand is about a wholesome family, and it's really hard to peddle that now. I firmly believe that's why TLC cut the cord on them. They realize this is not a salvageable PR situation, and they cut their losses and moved on. I don't think the family is ready to admit that, and I don't think they have the chops to overcome it. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, SMama said:

On topic: I really hope Jeremy did something really extravagant for Jinger, she enjoyed it, and they are keeping the celebration private. 

We live in the age of the information super highway.   It's no longer the two-lane roads of newspapers and radio, or even the nightly network news.   More and more I find myself thinking, I know that name but I have no idea who that is.   Someone reminds me or I google and I find myself thinking -- how in the heck could I have forgotten X?   

I think it's been a while since the Duggars have been in the mainstream collective conscious for most people and they've simply slipped off the radar for quite a few.   I think a reminder of the big family that popped up on Good Morning America every year with another baby or two would be enough for many to remember them.   Unsure if they would or wouldn't be aware of the scandals.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that Jeremy celebrated Jinger's birthday without twisting it into one of his patented "this post is about you but it really is about ME!" moments. (The ones he does for his dad seriously psychologically fascinate me. He always picks the most unflattering pictures of his old man. He does that to Jinger a lot too.) I'm sure he will go back to his cheeseburger and sneaker posts in due course, though. But after bitching about that for literally years, I do have to give credit where credit is due. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, VioletWitch said:

I’m guessing they are in Pennsylvania to spend the holidays with Jeremy’s parents. Looks like she had a good day 

They are in Lancaster. I have been to Dutch Haven and they have awesome goodies. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

The 666 was great.  But nice that in 667, he called his wife both beautiful and fun.

He's the only spouse that seems to be able do that.  A simple, complimentary, loving post.  No mention of the kids, the family, God, Jesus, servant's heart, multiple bible verses, blah, blah, blah.  

Just a nice thing about his wife with a cute photo.  

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I wonder how much of that she actually ate? ☹️

It's telling Jeremy's birthday post for Jinger involves food. Jeremy may chow down, but how will Jinger stay tiny if she takes more than three bites? He should take her shopping for calorie-free silk pocket squares. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 12/19/2021 at 7:59 PM, iwantcookies said:

They do look nice

0C2FBC4E-C0C4-4F80-BC48-2CBA20CA39CC.jpeg

On 12/19/2021 at 9:00 PM, BitterApple said:

That's a really nice picture. They both look good.

It is a very nice photo. Its holiday, but not a super traditional holiday. Their navy and emerald clothes against the white flocked trees are very nice. (I love white Christmas trees and do love the way mine looks in my navy dining room so I am bias).

• Love 12
23 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

It's telling Jeremy's birthday post for Jinger involves food. Jeremy may chow down, but how will Jinger stay tiny if she takes more than three bites? He should take her shopping for calorie-free silk pocket squares. 

Or new sneakers!

• LOL 2
9 minutes ago, SMama said:

About freaking time, his hair was awful.

And he’s holding his hand over his face so we’ll wonder if he shaved off that wispy little goatee. Jeremy must have coached him about how to tease your fans by creating “suspense” in your photos.

• LOL 13
On 12/22/2021 at 1:26 PM, Zella said:

It's funny because it's true. 😁

I was suspicious about their reaction to the TLC cancellation. Seemed like they were taking it too calmly. Then it turned out that JB did have multiple other plans. 

Among the sons-in-law, Jer of the many -- but poorly conceived --  plans is most like his father-in-law when it comes to ambition and hunger for admiration, I'd say.   

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Gotta say, I'm feeling a little bad for Jeremy. He's the one SIL that never really loved JB and he wrote a pretty condemning post-trial statement, but he's not getting any of the love.

He's actually my favorite (low bar) SIL. I can laugh at his attempt at a curated SM presence and ignore the boring sermons he preaches to like minded folks.

Derick, Ben Jeremy and Austin all share the same basic beliefs, but Jeremy is the only one who hasn't imposed them on others or rudely defended them to the masses. He gets credit from me for that.

• Love 2