Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

I imagine Jeremy had several personal interviews with not only MacArthur himself, but some of his minions, well before he was ever accepted into the program.  And he probably had to sign an NDA that would make Jim Bob green with envy.  

I have zero statistics to back it up, but I think their vetting process for students is rigorous and lengthy.  They don't want washouts to go back into the general public and leak their proprietary God stuff, so they make it not only difficult to get in, but probably equally difficult to get out.  Withdrawals in only extreme circumstances, I'd think.  

Like the Mafia, if you're in, you're in for life.  And I think that's just fine with Jeremy & Jinger, at least for now. 

I could be wrong, but I thought that Jeremy was associated with MacArthur long before he entered the seminary? 

I don't think there was ever a scenario where Jeremy researched a number of seminaries and chose MacArthur because it aligned with his beliefs. I think that he had met MacArthur at some of those seminars that they frequent, and probably had been in touch with him, or some underling for a while and eventually wangled a place in the seminary with a free house, a campus "job," and all the other perks that he endlessly flaunts.

I don't think that Jeremy "believes" in much of anything. I doubt he has any objection to the MacArthur beliefs that put him, as a white man, on the top of the heap, but I don't think he puts a lot of thought into it. He likes 1) attention 2) associating with Z list celebrities' 3) clothes 4) pretentious accessories and 5) eating at trendy LA restaurants.

In all honestly, if this is what he was really going for, and he managed to make it happen, I'll give him some small credit for it. I don't find it particularly admirable, and I can't really see it being a long-term lifestyle, but I would bet that there are a lot of people who would like to live the way Jeremy is living right now -- including a lot of people in the MacArthur seminary -- but Jeremy made it happen. Good for him?

• Love 16

Frigging Jeremy's stories show a video of some Amish people in their buggy and his music selection is Al Yankovich's "Amish Paradise".  So rude, he is in their hometown, they don't like being photographed and the song makes fun of them.  Having a heart for Jesus?  Anything for a click.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I could be wrong, but I thought that Jeremy was associated with MacArthur long before he entered the seminary? 

Absolutely.  My post was in response to those positing that maybe Jeremy didn't know know much about MacArthur before entering his Seminary.   

I think he deliberately MADE himself into the perfect candidate for MacArthur and his world.  And will do whatever is necessary to remain in that world.  He's almost achieved the first part of the goal, graduating.  What happens then remains to be seen.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Frigging Jeremy's stories show a video of some Amish people in their buggy and his music selection is Al Yankovich's "Amish Paradise".  So rude, he is in their hometown, they don't like being photographed and the song makes fun of them.  Having a heart for Jesus?  Anything for a click.

I saw that, and cringed 😬 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Fallacy said:

I wish I could take screen shots because in this case, he’s actively working with these books as he is taking notes. They’re not on a bookcase. The workbook is on his desk, and the Bible books are on a shelf that is part of his desk. I totally get what you are saying about Jeremy having collections of books that he never touches, but if you watch this clip, it’s pretty clear that he is using MacArthur’s materials to prepare his sermon. 

ETA: It stuck out to me because at that time, we knew nothing about his MacArthur or Calvinism beliefs, but looking back, it’s clear that he was into MacArthur long before he went to the Masters Seminary.

I believe Jeremy did a year of the Master's Seminary while living in Laredo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, sheshark said:

He has the mentality of a 13 year old.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I refuse to believe not a single person here didn't laugh at the Weird Al parodies, "Fat", "Eat It", Another One Rides The Bus", "Addicted to Spuds", "Like A Surgeon" and yes, even "Amish Paradise". 

Poking fun at religion may not be terribly highbrow, but even the freakin' Pope does it on occasion.  Seriously.  

I get it though.  I intensely dislike Jill & Derrick, so I will always find things about them to gripe about and deride.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

I refuse to believe not a single person here didn't laugh at the Weird Al parodies, "Fat", "Eat It", Another One Rides The Bus", "Addicted to Spuds", "Like A Surgeon" and yes, even "Amish Paradise". 

Poking fun at religion may not be terribly highbrow, but even the freakin' Pope does it on occasion.  Seriously.  

I get it though.  I intensely dislike Jill & Derrick, so I will always find things about them to gripe about and deride.  

Monty Python had whole skits about the CofE and don't forget the Inquisition. And then there is Life of Brian..... not that Jeremy is worthy of being a Python. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 12

Posting photos without consent is so common, it's a laughable "offense".  Everybody does it, whether accidentally or deliberately.  

As I said before, not highbrow behavior, but hardly the worst any of this family has done. 

Anybody go snow sliding into a cat, recently?  Nope?

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Say what you will, but I'm betting that Felicity will get to go to normal school. Likely a Christian private school, but still a school with an approved curriculum where someone will give her a real education. And that's Jeremy's influence. Jinger's children will escape the Duggar questionable homeschool life because of Jeremy. It will be interesting to see what Felicity and Israel end up doing with their lives compared to their Duggar cousins. 

How is Felicity and her sister gonna go to a private Christian school when Jeremy doesn’t have a JOB? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Most of us laughed, but we didn’t advertise it on social media.

4 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Posting photos without consent is so common, it's a laughable "offense".  Everybody does it, whether accidentally or deliberately.  

As I said before, not highbrow behavior, but hardly the worst any of this family has done. 

He didn’t do it accidentally. 

5 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Do 2 wrongs make a right?

• Love 14

I've said it before:  I believe Jeremy is living and displaying exactly the life MacArthur wants him to.  The California good life, with trips and luxe clothing, nice cars, expensive hobbies, tantalizing food stops and affluent friends.  And I believe a lot has been invested in Jeremy to continue his ride to prosperity.   

MacArthur and his crew have no desire for middle-class admirers.  I think they want to keep Jeremy, Jinger and their girls as far away as possible from her family, and the Duggar name.  Geographically, spiritually and economically.   

Those "followers" and fans of her family are not just meaningless to the Seminary, they remind people of what odious parents Jinger comes from.  They are a familial albatross to her.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Definitely not the worst thing this family has done by a longshot.  But I am trying to think about how I would feel if my church's pastor had a social media presence that was filled with selfies of him stuffing down designer food, a shoe closet to rival Imelda Marcos, and poking fun at people in a town where he happens to be a visitor.  I would wonder A. where my tithing money was going, and B. what kind of spiritual leader is he?

I'm Catholic so it would run counter to my view of a spiritual leader.  Even if I weren't I think it would keep me from crossing the door into his church.  

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Totally said:

Jing seems to have no interests besides coffee and shopping anymore 

Hours of shopping does not make an awesome birthday to me 

Shopping maskless, indoors during a pandemic.  Pennsylvania had 17,000 new cases yesterday.

• Useful 1
18 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

None of these people have ever needed jobs to afford things. 

If the Vuolos want their daughters in school, their Lord MacArthur will probably provide. 

But how do we know that MacArthur will provide? What is he getting exactly out of Jeremy?

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

I said probably.  

Yes you did, I agree with you that Jeremy is probably expecting MacArthur to provide but I just don’t see why he would? 

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ElsieEm said:

It's not the Weird Al in general. Jeremy and anyone else are free to enjoy!

But Jeremy posting a video mocking the Amish, fellow devote Christians to him, is extremely hypocritical, rude, and just cringe. He's supposed to be a man of God, his behavior constantly shows he's not actually, and we comment on it 🤷‍♀️

A silly parody song is totally different than taking pictures of people without their consent and mocking them.  It is nasty, mean and lacking in common decency.  Something Jeremy specializes in.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, ElsieEm said:

It's not the Weird Al in general. Jeremy and anyone else are free to enjoy!

But Jeremy posting a video mocking the Amish, fellow devote Christians to him, is extremely hypocritical, rude, and just cringe. He's supposed to be a man of God, his behavior constantly shows he's not actually, and we comment on it 🤷‍♀️

Even worse when you consider that part of Pa Vuolo's ministry is "saving" the Amish. Jeremy's use of Amish Paradise was beyond just being parody, it was mocking. 

When I posted it to reflect Ben's clothing choices, it was funny. 😁 Big difference in intent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Definitely not the worst thing this family has done by a longshot.  But I am trying to think about how I would feel if my church's pastor had a social media presence that was filled with selfies of him stuffing down designer food, a shoe closet to rival Imelda Marcos, and poking fun at people in a town where he happens to be a visitor.  I would wonder A. where my tithing money was going, and B. what kind of spiritual leader is he?

I think Jeremy's highly inflated ego prevents him from thinking twice about the inane stuff he puts out there.  He must assume he has a guaranteed job/income for life, courtesy of Sugar Daddy Mac.  If that falls through, he's screwed.  Well - on second thought, he could keep a roof over his family's head by selling shoes, since he's clearly an expert in that department.  Or perhaps flipping designer cheeseburgers at the local pub - both of which are more respectable and honorable than what he's doing right now.  

Not what I would want in a spiritual leader, but it seems many don't mind. So many televangelists have multiple homes, planes, helicopters, etc. and folks just keep sending in the money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Wading into the Amish debate: I have no problem with him listening to Weird Al. I quote Amish Paradise on here all the time. It may be the only thing Jeremy and I have in common. What I do have a problem with is someone who is studying to be a minister taking pictures of people who have a religious objection to being photographed. His not getting their permission and mocking them is also not okay, but it just adds to his persona of treating people like props in his influencer life, and I find that really gross in anyone but especially someone who is allegedly studying to be a pastor.

This ^^^^^ This a million times. It boils down to respect. And if he wants to be a pastor when he grows up… if you don’t respect people… they won’t respect you.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, zenme said:

Jinger shouldn’t put her hair back. You could project a movie off of her forehead (fivehead.)

I say this as a card-carrying member of the five head club, you have two options-- 1.) embrace it, 2.) bangs.  Do we really want Jinger to get bangs?

• LOL 8
On 12/29/2021 at 12:39 PM, sheshark said:

Oh, it's absolutely wrong... but

How are the Amish going to see it? 

(don't kill me.. this is a snark site, after all!) 😁 

• LOL 17
3 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

It’s abt honoring & respecting their practices and religion.  My family is descended from Mennonite - a similar religion to Amish tho not quite as restrictive, (my grt-grandfather left the Faith), and I still have relatives that I converse with in the Faith.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, roamyn said:

It’s abt honoring & respecting their practices and religion.  My family is descended from Mennonite - a similar religion to Amish tho not quite as restrictive, (my grt-grandfather left the Faith), and I still have relatives that I converse with in the Faith.

I can understand that, but tbh I think until all religions respect ALL people, I don't care if their feelings get hurt. MOO  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 8
10 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I had a look at Amish Paradise on Youtube, and in the comments were mentioned that many Amish, Mennonite have seen it and loved it.  They often has access to cell phones and see it there.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sagittarius sue said:

I had a look at Amish Paradise on Youtube, and in the comments were mentioned that many Amish, Mennonite have seen it and loved it.  They often has access to cell phones and see it there.

I have vacationed in Sarasota, FL and have seen the Amish kids shopping, eating, hanging out on the beach and jumping on the bus at Siesta Key, and they all have phones.  Watching that video was/is a little bit of rebellion, and teenagers of every culture love to laugh at their elders.  No biggie, but it is not correct for a member of the clergy to mock another religion.  My daughter went to a private religious high school and had to take a course in religions of the world.  It is all about respect.

Edited by sheshark
the not he
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23
13 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I have noticed that many fundie women like Jinger and Carlin crave coffee. Is it that they're not allowed to have any other substances? Idgi.

Caffeine is an appetite suppressant. 

12 hours ago, roamyn said:

Exactly. It’s no different than him mocking Catholics. I am now an atheist but my mom is still Catholic. 

12 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I can understand that, but tbh I think until all religions respect ALL people, I don't care if their feelings get hurt. MOO  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m with you on that and think they’re all cults, but I enjoy exposing hypocrisy 😆.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11