Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Just now, floridamom said:

The reason, IMO, that Jinger had a routine, rather quick labor & delivery is because she had proper prenatal care and monitoring along the way. Something her sisters didn't get. Are you listening, Michelle?

But didn't Michelle usually get proper prenatal care? I just remember people on here talking about how, contrary to the Jill and Jessa approach to labor, that Michelle didn't seem to be into the homebirth and shady unqualified midwife approach. (Not saying all midwives are unqualified--just the ones that Duggar used.) 

I've never really understood why so many of the daughters were so fixated on the homebirth and lackadaisical prenatal care when that didn't seem to be something even Michelle did. 

• Love 11

Yes, Michelle did use real obstetricians with her pregnancies and delivered only 2 of her children at home...BUT as a mother who cares for and loves her daughters, she really needed to stress to them the importance of using a real doctor (like she did) in her prenatal care. Something just tells me that Mother Of The Year really doesn't give a crap about what her married daughters do. Michelle or her daughters have never said that their mother talked to them about their medical care choices and maybe urged OR suggested that they go the hospital/real doctor route.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Zella said:

But didn't Michelle usually get proper prenatal care? I just remember people on here talking about how, contrary to the Jill and Jessa approach to labor, that Michelle didn't seem to be into the homebirth and shady unqualified midwife approach. (Not saying all midwives are unqualified--just the ones that Duggar used.) 

I've never really understood why so many of the daughters were so fixated on the homebirth and lackadaisical prenatal care when that didn't seem to be something even Michelle did. 

I really think it's the times. This could be dead wrong, but I have the impression that homebirths became a general fad that's accelerated throughout the new century among numerous groups of women who are "crunchy" in some way, both fundie-crunchy and other kinds of crunchy folk. 

I don't think it specifically arose out of Gothard or IFB churches or Quiverfull or whatever but has just been a general growing fad across numerous social segments. And I'm pretty sure it was less of a fad and phenomenon back in the 90s, when Meechelle was pumping out her early offspring....I mean, at that point maybe there was still more vestigial memory in society that made clear how lucky we were to have medical care available to deal with childbirth problems?....

I could be dead wrong about this, though. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Yes, Michelle did use real obstetricians with her pregnancies and delivered only 2 of her children at home...BUT as a mother who cares for and loves her daughters, she really needed to stress to them the importance of using a real doctor (like she did) in her prenatal care. Something just tells me that Mother Of The Year really doesn't give a crap about what her married daughters do. Michelle or her daughters have never said that their mother talked to them about their medical care choices and maybe urged OR suggested that they go the hospital/real doctor route.

True! I think she really doesn't care about anyone but herself. And maybe Josie and Josh. But only in that they seem to be her favorites. 

1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

I really think it's the times. This could be dead wrong, but I have the impression that homebirths became a general fad that's accelerated throughout the new century among numerous groups of women who are "crunchy" in some way, both fundie-crunchy and other kinds of crunchy folk. 

I don't think it specifically arose out of Gothard or IFB churches or Quiverfull or whatever but has just been a general growing fad across numerous social segments. And I'm pretty sure it was less of a fad and phenomenon back in the 90s, when Meechelle was pumping out her early offspring....

I think you might be right. I certainly have a fair number of acquaintances who are into this (fundie and decidedly not), and I really don't remember it being a thing when I was growing up. 

• Love 4

You know, ever since I read that hate-filled excerpt of RFP’s sermon I can’t see anything about them or their family as being cute, let alone yet another baby.

Hell, having babies is all they do. And it’s a fluffy cutesy front to keep the money coming in while they preach hatred behind closed doors.

Feh. DTM.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Yes, that's my understanding too. I think Michelle had a few homebirths, but for the most part she went the doctor/hospital route. ETA: Somehow I missed a page of followup posts when I wrote this. LOL.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 2

I've seen JinJer's birth special. It was okay. It was annoying how J'Chelle and Jordyn flew to LA to help with Felicity... When Jeremy's parents were there too. How many people do you need to wrangle a little girl? J'Chelle could've cared less that a pandemic wss happening. Evangeline is a cute baby. The Vuolo genes are strong.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't think it specifically arose out of Gothard or IFB churches or Quiverfull or whatever but has just been a general growing fad across numerous social segments. And I'm pretty sure it was less of a fad and phenomenon back in the 90s, when Meechelle was pumping out her early offspring....I mean, at that point maybe there was still more vestigial memory in society that made clear how lucky we were to have medical care available to deal with childbirth problems?....

I agree. I think the Duggars who've chosen/attempted homebirth would have done so no matter what Michelle may or may not have suggested. It's really "in style" among people from both extremes of the ideological spectrum. People love to romanticize nature, whether it's because their god invented it or "our bodies evolved to do this." (actual statement I've heard)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

It's amazing that even in a post for her birthday, he manages to be front and center in that picture and her face is partially obscured by the sun. Quite the talent.

That was the first thing I noticed. Jeremy is always the focal point in all their pictures while Jinger is prop-like and staged around him. I can't stand Boob, but at least his birthday post was about, you know, Jinger. 

• Love 23

Oh, a random apostrophe after "business."

Memo to the Vuolos: the plural of "business" is "businesses," if that's what you meant to write.

The possessive of "business" is "business's" which I don't think you meant because it makes no sense in your statement. 

I understand that words ending in "s" can be tricky in English grammar and spelling, but BUSINESS' is just - so wrong.

EDITED later to add: I wonder if that was a "fill in the blank" image that he grabbed somewhere online and customized for their new biz. But whether he composed it or adopted it, the spelling error isn't a good look.

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 8
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

17F4C761-2D6C-4A7B-8E17-3970CB2E7F83.jpeg

Did he put the excess grease in his hair because it's looking ridiculously gross now. 

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hope he fed Jinger.

He clearly didn't make her a special meal for her birthday. 

Edited by galaxygirl76
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, SMama said:

Theological discussion with Ben. 😂🤣😆🙄

4 hours ago, Totally said:

Could Jessa have found a more unflattering photo ... that’s pretty low 

3 hours ago, SMama said:

That’s right on brand for Jessa. 

The temerity to suggest that Ben is at his level to carry on a theological discussion.   You have to agree, Jessa really steps out boldly when she has something to say.    Jeremy's reaction to her comment, that would have made for a photo worthy of the 'Gram. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

The temerity to suggest that Ben is at his level to carry on a theological discussion.   You have to agree, Jessa really steps out boldly when she has something to say.    Jeremy's reaction to her comment, that would have made for a photo worthy of the 'Gram. 

Honestly, I don't think either one of them are really up to a theological discussion. Jeremy and Ben were more likely to be discussing their hair, methinks. Maybe JereMe was proselytizing about the joys of fountain pens and pocket squares. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 13
  • Love 6

Just watched Jinger's birth special. I was confused about the midwife. Were they just using her as a doula? Or did they just hire this lady to film a "what to expect scene" since the crew wouldn't be allowed at Jinger's OB office. Also, CRAZY rude to invite her into their home without wearing a mask. Given they're around a camera crew without masks, I'm speculating that all of them were being tested, especially since they were filming in California, but still, with the size of the Duggar bubble, they're constantly an asymptomatic carrier away from a massive outbreak. 

I had a COVID delivery in June, and my children have a similar age gap to Felicity and Evy, so it really melted my heart to watch them interact. Two year olds may have terrible attitudes much of the time, but they're terribly adorable too.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

RFP couldn't have taken Jinger to where SHE wanted to eat for her birthday? What an ass.

LA is supposed to be take out only anyway.  They may have had some limitations.  Although I'm sure he could have gotten something better than what he did.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Honestly, I don't think either one of them are really up to a theological discussion. Jeremy and Ben were more likely to be discussing their hair, methinks. Maybe JereMe was proselytizing about the joys of fountain pens and pocket squares. 

Ben's haircuts and occasional forays into Amish beard-chic?   Ahem, now you're hurting Jeremy's feelings for thinking that there's enough common ground and equivalency there to broach conversation as if they were equals.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

LA is supposed to be take out only anyway.  They may have had some limitations.  Although I'm sure he could have gotten something better than what he did.

There are restaurants who have take-out. I'm sure he could have gotten her some nice take-out sushi.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I just scrolled through Jessa's IG. I think she has more pictures of Jill on there than her BFF Jinger. I didn't realize how much Christian stuff Jessa used to post. About every third post was religious.

Jessa did have a couple pics of Jinger on her IG to choose from that are better than the one she picked for Jing's birthday and I'm sure she has more on her phone too.

• Useful 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I just scrolled through Jessa's IG. I think she has more pictures of Jill on there than her BFF Jinger. I didn't realize how much Christian stuff Jessa used to post. About every third post was religious.

Jessa did have a couple pics of Jinger on her IG to choose from that are better than the one she picked for Jing's birthday and I'm sure she has more on her phone too.

Maybe Jessa is a tad jealous about the life Jinger is living. Yes, Jessa is steeped in Gothard, does not like to get out of her comfort zone, and appears content spending time at the TTH daily. But come on, she probably thought Jinger would never make it to a big city. Especially after being scolded by Jill on a talking head when she said, “city please.” Jessa would be happy if Jinger was living in Arkansas, a few minutes from the Seewalds, stuck with no prospects, just like them. Misery does love company.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Maybe Jessa is a tad jealous about the life Jinger is living. Yes, Jessa is steeped in Gothard, does not like to get out of her comfort zone, and appears content spending time at the TTH daily. But come on, she probably thought Jinger would never make it to a big city. Especially after being scolded by Jill on a talking head when she said, “city please.” Jessa would be happy if Jinger was living in Arkansas, a few minutes from the Seewalds, stuck with no prospects, just like them. Misery does love company.  

I don't think the Vuolos prospects are that great. How many ministers does a country need? It seems like every other young fundie guy wants to be a minister. As for the Dillards, there is an over supply of lawyers too, though his accounting degree may give him an edge.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I don't think the Vuolos prospects are that great. 

True, but Jessa's perspective is so limited she doesn't know that. All she sees is glowed-up Jinger living in a nice house while she's stuck in her mold hovel off the freeway. 

• Love 19